Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #16  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Catherine, I went to see the Hobson Easy Seat on line and they also had one that looked just like one called Hobson Pro x2 or something to that order and another one. Which one is best, the one they called the Hobson Easy Seat was made different. Please let me know, I went to the Amazon site. So the picture of the one you are showing, is the one you have?

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-15-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

ANGIE:: Prayers coming your way from Arizona!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kayley: Yep a new job. I was laid off in April. Okay on the age thing. I pretty much feel about 20ish. lol.

Catherine: How did the Dr. appt. go? I hope well. Hugs.

Dani: I know that when I used to work 10+ hours a day it stunk to get home and go back on the computer. Just check in when you can and post when you want. We still love ya.

Aggie: The interview went well. They have tons of people applying for the same job so,we will see around Friday I think. I did find out it is a temporary position that could go full time but that is how the state does it's hiring. So I could work 14 hours one week and up to 35 the next. I'm okay with that for now. I hope you had fun babysitting. That is so nice of you.

Kooch: I was cracking up at the mix up with your gender. lol. It reminds me of someone on here, I can't recall who did it but someone used to call me "Dogpile" instead of "dogpal". Funny stuff that is unintentional...hopefully with her calling me dogpile. lol.

Carol: I love that you packed up the dinners for your parents. Such a great idea. Don't worry about reaching your goal. Just do your best doll. You are doing fantastic. You never know, you may reach that goal after all but the time isn't the important thing. The trying to reach the goal is. Thanks for the update on Debi's hubby. You are so sweet to update us.

Angie: I will be praying for your dad. Hugs.

I am so proud of myself. No sugar today after a week of indulging and getting very sick last week. I have also exercised tons today which makes me happy. I even got out and rode about 6 miles with Joel on the bikes before we lifted weights and after my interview today I took my doggies out for a 20 minute walk. I hope tomorrow is just as good.

I hope you are all doing well. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I’ve been sick since Thursday, and it shows no sign of going away anytime soon. Blah. I absolutely hate being sick, and feeling this sluggish.

So, I’m going to get to bed, because I’m exhausted!

Have a great night, all! (well, it’s about 1am here….so have a good after-midnight!)

Catherine – I hope all went well at the Doctor today.

Ags – Hello! And I’m blushing! Lol….I don’t take compliments very well, but thank you. Once our website is up and running 100% (right now, we’re running our business off of Myspace! Boo.), I’ll tell you all about it! But we’re making some items & also selling items we buy wholesale….mostly from the gothic/Victorian/alternative scene.

Hope you had a fantastic day.

Carol – You look GREAT! Keep up the amazing work!

Angie
– Tons of positive thoughts are heading your way. I hope all is okay with your Dad.

Annie
– How did the interview go?!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

HI.....we are home for now!
Thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts!
this has been a terrifying ordeal. He is on alot of blood thinners and will be on them for life. The blood clots may or may not be absorded by the body. He will have the heart cath in about 6 weeks once they get him stablized on the blood thinners and feel its safe to pull him off for a few days.We go today to learn all about the blood thinner and what he can and cant eat. We go tommorow for the scan of the atteries in the neck and some other test. I have a feeling this ordeal was just the beggining of a very long road.
I Knew he wasnt controling his glucose like he should but it wasnt extremely high either.His dr is a stickler and if he isnt careful he will be on insulin.

I came home to a out of control garden. We picked 3 cucumbers and 14 huge zucs and 17 squash and nothing was even close to being big enough to pick last thursday evening.
My scales are the same yet again. I was afraid i had gained during the ordeal because the first few days i didnt eat enough.
hugs to all and please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #21  

drgramie...sending prayers to give you strength during this time. I hope the docs get everything under control. The not knowing whats next is scarey! Don't forget to take care of yourself...you don't need you getting sick on top of everything else. Hang in there!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #22  

dgramie and Realist... healing vibes sent to you and yours!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

No classes today, so I'm going to work on some homework, an order from a customer, and if the rain holds off, I'd like to get out for a walk.

I'm thinking about buying a Playstation 2 (since it'll be cheaper than a PS3), and get DDR. I played it for the first time in the mall a couple of months ago, and loved it. I definitely think it'd make for a fun workout.

Dgramie - You guys are in my thoughts! I hope today is better. *hugs*
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

Hello Ladies,

I had a busy but great weekend. I however did gain 2 lbs, I was expecting it, but did not think it was going to be that bad. I just have to work harder.

I have a question are all you lovely ladies. What is a good exercise to start with? I tried the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels but my knee just cant handle them. I do have an exercise bike that I use, but any other suggestion? I do feel my energy level going up but I need something to help me burn alittle more.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

dgramie- You are in my prayers
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #26  

winki, when I started exercising I used my stationary bike. I then started walking around the neighborhood. Now I use the treadmill and weight lift. I also make sure I put extra steps into my day by parking at the far end of the parking lot at work and at the mall, etc. Every little bit counts.

Last edited by Torister; 06-16-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #27  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Aggie-I have the original easyseat. It's over 20 years old at this point. I'm not sure I'd get the new pro seat because I found the rounded off seat doesn't dig in, and that kind of saddle seat might. Each side pivots up and down independent of the other side as you ride. When your leg is at the bottom, that side is tilted down in the front, and the other side is up because that leg is at the top of the pedals. It's kind of like how a stair master pedals go up and down.

As to swimsuits, I am very much a proponent of water aerobics. We put so much stress on our joints just walking around, that the water just makes sense, but most of us are too embarrassed to venture out in a suit. Having a suit you feel good in really helps. I used to get suits from this lady who would take your measurements and practically tailor one for $40. That was a long time ago, and she has retired. Junoia makes larger sizes. My biggest problem is that I am such a pear that no off the rack suit would ever fit me. If I didn't sew, I'd get one that fit the top part, and have a panel of fabric added at the side seams. Get some fabric that goes well with the color of the suit, and it will just look like part of the design. Any alteration shop will do that simple of work. You can also ask some older woman at church who sews to make you one. I use the pattern from Jalie, #2317. It goes up to size 22 XXL, which is my top size, and I alter for the bottom because the hips only go up to 53". I like it because it has a bit longer bottom like shorts. It also includes a maternity version which works well for women who are apples.

Doctor's visit went okay. We are just starting though. I try to schedule something fun to do afterwards so that I have something to look forward to, and to work off some steam. Next week, my favorite fabric store is having a big sidewalk sale, so I have incentive to go.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #28  
Just a fat guy losing it!

S/C/G: 343/312/220

Height: 6'1

There's so much illness amongst our fellow members here, and their loved ones... What I can't get over is the incredible support between the members of this group, not just in weight loss, but in all of life's struggles. Awesome stuff! Makes me pretty satisfied that I stumbled upon this group knowing what a great group you are...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kayley: the interview went fine.Thanks for asking. It was a panel interview so, you just never know. I should find out on Friday I think.

Debi: Hugs. I will continue to pray.

Winki: I started on my recumbant exercise bike when I started. I also went to a physical therapy pool and did water walking. I hope whatever you chose you enjoy.

Cah: glad that the Dr. visit went okay. Have fun tody if you can.

Kooch: Yep, these people are lovely people and we are very blessed to have them as part of our lives. I know I feel that way and thank God for my friends here daily.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #30  

I’d like to add another alternative to Catherine’s suggestion about swim suits. I too and one of those who hate the idea of anyone seeing me in a suit. The swim fitness class I joined is actually for mostly retired/elderly people, but anyone can join. They are a great bunch of people (men and women) some of whom have had surgeries and are dealing with cancer and having prosthetics and I’ve found it to be such a welcoming group that they made me feel very comfortable from Day 1 so I’m grateful for that.

I ordered my bathing suit from Women Within online. I actually ordered the swim biker shorts which have longer legs but because they are for pools are less heavy when wet than the regular biker shorts I originally tried wearing. Then I bought a baby-doll type bathing suit top (in black with adjustable shoulder straps because I have no shoulders!) that goes down over my hips. And while I still can’t stand the thought of myself in the suit, I have found it to be less scary to wear than a once piece which I would likely struggle to get into (I’m heaviest in the abdomen and upper buttocks).

Like Catherine said, having a suit that you feel good in really helps.

On another note, I am sorry to hear about so many illnesses of posters and their family members. I send out good vibes and prayers for all of you.
Closed Thread