Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather - you will know soon enough if it will live of not - as soon as it appears to be drying and dying remove it to keep whatever is left of the plant healthy.

Georgia - hugs to you. Great job getting back on track. If you find the crazy old lady coaches I'll buy a midwest franchise.

Terri - anything is a help - thank you for the recipes. There was an Asian Chicken Salad recipe posted - think I will try that one this week.

Yesterday I think I worked harder physically than I have ever worked. I hand dug an 8 x 10 patio - removing the sod, carting the sod off and then digging everything down to a 5 inch depth. Then I shoveled at least half of a ton of gravel/lime mix. What I didn't shovel DH shoveled and i carted it to where it needed to be. All after a very intense water workout at 630 yesterday morning and in lots of humidity - I think it was hot too. Today we move one ton of sand and one ton of flagstone - after a water class this morning. Heather - those were hard exercise minutes - I'm counting every one of them when I report my minutes for the month.

The fitness center and pool closes for the next two weeks - I was originally concerned about getting my exercise in without my beloved structure. I think I will have no problem now. DH actually had to stop and rest far more than I did when we were shoveling last night.

Hope you all have a great weekend - thinking of each of you.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- You are absolutely reporting those minutes! We had some hard yard work already, and I see some more to come -- pulling out big roots, and carting tons of soil around! Yep, I'm counting those minutes too!

My poor tomato plant took a bigger hit last night. A fierce storm ripped off two of the large branches! (one was the one that mostly tore off the day before.

I have them sitting in vases right now and will actually try to replant them. We'll see. Though little roots are sprouting off one of them. This is a real learning experience...
Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

heather I have seen my mom plants things that have broke off and she always has success. Good luck!! not sure it would work for me..I would give it a try for sure!!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #34  

Smile How does your garden grow?

Well ladies, I have what is known as a black thumb, so DH wouldn't let me near his garden! LOL! It is best that he does all of it himself.

I am not doing so good with the food this weekend, I would yell help but I know that it is up to me to shut my mouth and put my fork down! I think my mistake was tasting of a pound cake that I made. I wanted to make sure it was good, that is all. I haven't eaten anything like that since Feb. (sweets), so I am thinking it set me off on a mini-binge. It had better be mini!

Terri, about the BLT, I use turkey bacon on mine. I like it and I tell myself it is better for me than pork. I love pork though. Yummy!

Lilion, where are you girl?

To everyone else...hello, have a wonderful weekend! Ruth
Old 06-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #35  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

This is going to be one of my quickie posts. It's been a crazy week and I'm exhausted.

Thak you Terri for asking about the walk. It rained all day but we got lucky and the rain held off during race time. I walked with 2 of my friends...we had a good time, but it was disappointing..in a good way. It was my first official event and I was scared of the thought of a 5k so I did the 2 mile walk with them. I wish I would have done the entire 5k...even if I would have likely walked the majority of it. When we got done with the 2 miles I wanted more. I wanted to say I did the whole thing. I wanted to run the chute at the end and have an official time on the clock. Next year I WILL run it!

I spent all day yesterday prepping for a garage sale today. We had absolutely lousy weather. It poured all day. Despite the rain I got rid of a lot of stuff and made about $200. Now I have to pack up the leftovers and do something with them.

This week is going to be even more crazy so you may not be hearing much from me. On Thursday I am flying to FL for 5 days. Hubs and the kids are staying home. I'll be spending 3 days with college friends for a sorority reunion and then 2 days with family. Can't wait...but a ton to do before then.

Exercise is great. Food is almost great. Scale is trending down again even though I haven't quite gotten back into the 220s that I so dearly want!

That's about all I have the energy for tonight! Lots of Love to you all!!!
Barb
Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #36  

Smile

A beautiful Sunday! The sun is shining and It is just plain old hot! Not that hot! LOL!

Barb, for the scale! I wish I could say that mine was moving down. I Know it isn't after the day I had yesterday. Gosh, what a pig I was. Things are better today. You just have to be on your toes all of the time.

I admit I get tired of having to watch everything that I eat. It seems everyone around me can eat like a normal human being and not worry over calories all of the time...not me! No need to moan and graon, that is the way it is and always has been.

I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. XO Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 06-21-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #37  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I definitely smell barbecue! I woke up to that smell this morning (normally it's Cheerios that we smell since there's a General Mills plant up the street from us). Made me hungry for all the wrong stuff!

But I behaved and ate appropriately, at my mom and dad's, and then splurged on a serving of Breyer's Peach Ice Cream with my dad. Now we're all sleepy and need a nap!

I'm going to be away for a couple of days, dealing with telling my sons about the divorce. I'm dealing with some pretty intense emotions right now and the KFC cravings are already presenting in anticipation of a difficult couple of days. I'm trying to train my brain to want exercise when I'm stressed. So far, no success with that.

Georgia
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #38  

I am BEAT. Two long days working in the yard, trying to get the raised bed ready to plant in. That sucker needs a lot of soil!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Smile

Hi everyone

I sure envy y'all that live outside of the desert and can have gorgeous gardens plus work outside in the heat this summer. I do have some lovely cactus though

Can I tell ya how much better I am feeling this day since I cut out sugar and related junk from my diet? I've upped the protein and am feeling more alert and far less depressed.

I have two weeks before we go to the mountains and I am going to use them to improve my mental and physical states as much as possible. NO junk food and plenty of exercise bike riding for me

AZCYN: I am so glad that you are feeling better. You mentioned the Pinetop/Lakeside area a couple of threads back. That is where we are going. Do you like it there? Any tips? I love it there although it is becoming awfully crowded.

Every year I go to the mtns and swear that next year I will return at least 100 lbs less. That hasn't worked out for me yet. I have lost some weight but nothing that makes me go YIPPEE! I am even schlepping my own comfy wooden chair up to the cabin so I can sit on the porch. The owners have those pathetic plastic chairs. Well, I actually killed one of those once

I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday with little stress!

Pennie
Old 06-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Beginning Again

Hi ladies, I know it's been a long long while since I've been here, BUT I am ready to begin again. I finally resigned from my job a week ago, and I have never felt so much freedom as I do now. I must admit that I have hit my highest weight as of last week Monday, at least thats what the scale said at the fitness center. the number is 340 BUT not for long. I did get in 3 days of exercise (125 minutes) and many hours of housework. Since last Monday I've been cleaning, re-organizing, and re-arranging everything in my home and I am just about finish. I feel so free, like a newly hatched Butterfly
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #41  

stop!!

new week, new thread! join us for the next installment
Closed Thread