Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

hello ladies i dont have a lot of time for personals-but i wanted to give you ladies a quick hello

my positive for today is that i think i sweated enough this weekend for the rest of the week! we had my cousins grad party, so i spent friday outside at the outlets taking the graduate shoe shopping (in 100 degree weather)..then saturday was the party, that was fun-they got her a new chrysler 300 (omg)..and then sunday we spent the day at a park near the river..we parked halfway across the place so we had to walk what seemed like miles to get to the fam haha..i hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #47  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Bite,
Girlfriend I so glad to see you. I am delighted that everything has gone well with the fam and you enjoyed yourself. Was a tad bit worried about you. You made my day stopping by to say hello.

Love ya girl,
Ags

By the way, how did the shoe shopping go????
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

we didnt find anything!! she is soooooo picky-(that comes from being spoiled)..so after i spent my day and all my gas, we ended up with nothing haha its alright though
Old 06-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Hi there babies,

Sara, how cool is that you can now fit that jacket with ease. I know your smile was as large as the Grand Canyon. 4.4 pounds is amazing, hot dang girl. Chuffed, is that excited? If not, it outta be, cause 4.4 is a really big deal. WTG!!!

Neighbor, that hunk a burn'in love is back at home ugh, alright now, watch out now, don't set the house on fire!!!! A great vacation in NC sounds good and guess what? That is not so far away from me either kiddo. All in all, you are having a hot dang of a positive day.

Bunny, I am 5.3 at 340 right now, (have not changed my ticker and absolutely refuse to until I am back there) so I am worried about all of that tummy of mine hangin'. I guess I was figuring the dress would hide more and with it being loose would not accent my tummy so much. I will look at the shorts, that just might work for me over the one piece. And the bra inside in a real plus. I believe that the water will be extrodinary for me becasue I love the water so much and no pressure on those achin' knees of mine. Thanks babe.

Tracy,
I love ya, love ya, love ya girl. One of my positives for the day is I joined your five day challenge and I am going to stick to it. Great job girl. I do not know if you know it, but that was a great big positive starting that challenge, look at you, helping folks and stuff.

Shia,
I love the Olive Garden, especially the Zuppa Tuscana Soup and all the salad. What is your favorite? Was is another special night? I am so proud of you. You have moved on and stayin' strong. How is my handsome young man?

One of my positive's for the day is....I made a decision to take the day off to stay home a babysit my grandson Malicah so that my daughter Morgan could go to work. The other is.....I joined Tracy's five day challenge and I am so proud of her for starting it. Thirdly, my knees feel better today than they have in a long time, I will take it whenever I can it and for ever how long it stays. I am going to try a post a link for a picture of the Trike and tell me what you dolls think.

Since I do not know how to insert I will just type it in:
http://www.industrialbicycles.com/executive%20trike.htm WOW, was that long enough. LOL LOL Let me know babes, I want your feedback.

Back later tater's for another round at the OK Corral.

Hugs and much love,
Ags
Ags-I think it's perfect. Looks safe enough, so you won't fall. In my opinion, GO FOR IT!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #50  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Thanks darlin'.

I have another positive, I have been so excited today, I have been royally good at my eating today. Today I made a batch of turkey burgers, enough to last all week if I want one each day or to share with my two daughters, whom are doing this with me. But is was so good, I did not miss ground beef at all. This so easy and simple to prepare for maxium taste, I would like to share this with our new found cook (CJ) and any others who want a good satisfying burger. Mind you I made about seven each weighing 7 oz.. Yes it is a hearty sized burger, but it will not leave you hungry. Now the facts I am going to give you are based on each one weighing 7 oz.

3 lbs 99% fat free butterball ground turkey You do have not to use as
much , I did a big batch
sea salt As much as you think you
need for your amount of turk
fresh ground black pepper about 1 teaspoon for my size

poultry seasoning about 1 tablespoon for my sz

dried parsley about 1 tablespoon for my sz

crushed red pepper flakes Opt. about 1 tablespoon for my sz
or as much as you like/I like
a little heat

1 oz goat cheese per burger

That is it. Combine all ingredients except goat cheese. Make 7 oz patties.
Cook until brown on each side and juicy, do not over cook or it may dry out.

I ate mine on Arnold Sandwich thins with lettuce, reduced fat oilve oil mayo, only 1 tablespoon divided between both and only one the bottom half of bun and a thin slice tomato with the one oz. goat cheese right on top the burger.
Thought I was in heaven. WOW!!

The others, I froze some and let out two for tomorrow. If you do WW one whole burger and bun with all the trimmings is ........ eight points.
Here is the break down:
CJ Cal.
7 0z. burger only 4 points 0 carbs , calories not sure
1 sandwich thin only 1 point 22 carbs calories 100
1 tablespoon olive oil mayo only 1 point 2 carbs calories 45
1 oz goat cheese only 2 points 1 carb calories 70

CJ, not sure what type of bun has less carbs, but I am sure you do. Sorry I do not know the calories for the burger cause I only count points. Hope you like it.

This burger was my positive eating for the day. LOL

Learn, thanks for checking out the trike, I love it too. Was trying to post a pic of the extra seat I was going to order and cannot figure out to. LOL

Hugs,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-15-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
CJ, you still check for me too, okay?
Hi Ags -- this lady said she got a swimsuit from "Just My Size". She also said "Swimsuits for All" was a good site. I am trying my new "link" directions from Bunny, so I hope they work!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #52  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Ags, loves the bike!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #53  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

CJ,
thank you, the second site actually had some to fit me, think I am going to one of them. Did you check out the recipe? It is way easy.

Shia,
I love it too. That's two of you now that think it's great. I must be on the right track.

Okay girls, here is the site for the swimsuit I have been looking at and it comes in my size, http://www.junonia.com/detail.htm?si...did=2&sdid=464 Wow that is longer than the last one. Still looking for others options also.

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-15-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:13 AM   #54  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

AgsThe bike looks like fun!!! Go for it!!!

My positive for yesterday...even though I didn't walk/run as much or as fast as I wanted to, I still got more cardio done. When I was done with that, I went to the gym for 26 minutes on the AT. Plus did my hour of pilates.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM   #55  

Good Tuesday Morning Ladies,
Well it looks like yesterday was another successful day filled with positives.

Tracy- This thread has a way of making you feel good, doesn't it? I'm glad your here and sharing your positives with us.

Shia- My DH, son & I do Olive Garden every once in a while. I chow down on their delicious salad, allow myself 1 bread stick and a bowl of soup. My favorite part is when that person comes to our table wearing the apron and constantly fills my ice tea glass and asks if I need anything else. I could get use to that.

Ags- A day with Malicah, Way Cool! A 5 day challenge, Way Cooler!! A day with no knee pain, Way Coolest!!! Have you bought that bike yet?

bite- Sounds like you had a great weekend and maybe lost some LBS at the same time. Glad your back!

O.K. Now it's my turn. It has been so terribly hot here in FLA. With highs in the low to mid 90's and feels like temps in the low 100's, and my AC quit in my house on thursday. so...

Positive #1 is a wonderful man came out and worked on it until 10 pm last night and fixed it. This awesome man works 10+ hour shifts and still picks up work on the side. He and his wife (she was holding a light so he could see in the dark) are friends of a friend of a friend, etc... and came highly recommended. When they left and only charged us $100.00 for 3 hrs. work, I tipped them an extra $20.00 and also gave them my photography business card and said call me when your ready and I'd do some family portraits, free of course.

Positive #2 is it had been so hot my appetite was nonexistent, so maybe the scale will finally move for me this week.

Positive #3 is I got my pool exercises in plus stayed in the pool a little extra to avoid my hot house.

On a negative note though, my darling son slipped and fell down the stairs coming off the pool deck and really scraped his back hard on the stairs. Nothing broken, but it did swell for a bit. Cold compresses helped the swelling. He is going to have a bruise about 6" square and be very sore, so I may have to do my pool exercises alone for today (how boring!). Anyway it scared the kageebers out of me and I'm sure him also. You know though through out it all my little man never cried.

I hope everyone has an awesomely positive tuesday. Will check back in later.

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #56  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Learn Awww, sorry about your little man, that had to hurt, but glad he is okay. Glad you got the AC fixed, nothing worse than a hot house. That was totally nice of you to offer your photography services for free-cool.

Ags Swimsuit is awesome. I think you should get it.

bite Glad you had some fun and got some walking in..I love shoe shopping, but if nothing speaks to you then you can't buy it..lol.

Jacque You rocked it out yesterday with your exercise, good for you.

My positive is I am learning to like the elliptical trainer. I used to loathe that machine, but now, I am getting on there for 30 minutes and sweating up a storm, I love sweat so that's good..
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #57  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Devsmama Thanks...and good job liking the elliptical...I'm not too fond of that either, but I do love the arc trainer

Learn Glad your son is okay...and again, so lucky you have a pool to go to. But where are you that it is that hot? It's in the low 60's here...burrrrr!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
Learn Glad your son is okay...and again, so lucky you have a pool to go to. But where are you that it is that hot? It's in the low 60's here...burrrrr!!!
I live in West Central Florida! It's hot, hot, hot!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #59  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Learn ,I'm glad your son is OK.
I'm realizing posting here is a big pos. I am still on plan. And am beginning to declutter my house.I know how I accumulted so much junk!
Ags,I am so glad you join the 5 day challenge!
I think your :are rubbing off on me!
Love,Tracy

Last edited by Tracy; 06-16-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Bunny -- thanks for your help with the link. It worked great. And ... wow ... you are really on a roll with your fabulous shrinkage!

Sara -- We need to get on your bandwagon ... you are doing soooooo well. OMG, 4.4 lbs! And a jacket that’s loose in some places when it was tight before. You’re going to see more and more of these moments. I saw on another thread about how ladies like to go "shopping" in their own closets, LOL.

Learn -- so glad your hubby is home safe and sound. I’m so sorry about your little guy, but he is a trooper that’s for sure. I’m glad nothing was broken. Young ones recover fast and he’ll be back in the pool with you lickety-split. And isn’t it nice when a tradesman really goes out of his or her way to help you! You found a keeper in that man and his wife. It was lovely of you to offer portraits in return.

Tracy
-- I love your 5-day challenge. It keeps me focused on just this week and, because it is so specific, I can concentrate on accomplishing what I said I would. It is nice to hear that some of the people on this thread have helped you, and it is really special that you turned that around and are helping other people too.

Devsmama
-- Shia, it sounds like you have a wonderful, productive life that is only getting better and better. I’m glad the new guy is nice so far. I don’t like the elliptical either because it bothers my knees. It’s funny because everyone else says it’s easy on your knees -- and I don’t have problems with my knees except on that machine (knock on wood). Although I haven’t really done it since I started exercising. Maybe I will try it again, now that I’ve been on plan for 3 months.

Bite -- OMG, the grad party sounded like so much fun. I’m so glad you had a great time and that you had to walk a million miles haha.

Ags
-- that turkey burger recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley! Even I think I could cook that. I like to eat a large portion, so the 7 ounces sounds great and it has no carbs at all being meat so that is wonderful for my low-carb plan. I may just eat it bunless but with the tomato and goat cheese. THANK YOU.

Jacque -- you are the exercise goddess.

My positive -- I went into the gallery this morning and spit-shined the area where I show my photos. I wanted it to be nice and clean before I leave for my trip. BTW, I will be leaving next week so will only be posting intermittently for a couple of weeks after that.

Last edited by CJZee; 06-16-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Closed Thread