Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

Today was a pretty good day. Each day on plan is a victory.

Jacqui, congrats on the weight loss. It's amazing but true that, within certain guidelines, you can eat more to lose more. I'm sorry your day ended up with an upset at the store. I don't have many similar experiences to share since I'm fairly oblivious, which at times like this is a blessing.

Cyn: let us know what happens at the doctor's.

DC:yes, had a nice weekend, and I hope you did too.

Tori: congrats. I am so happy for you. It is astounding how what we eat can help or hurt us. Atkins really works for a segment of the population. Not for me, but I am aware of my right combination of foods that works best. When I eat what my body responds positively to, I'm a different person.

Catherine: big thumbs up to you. I think depression sometimes sneaks up on people little by little.

Annie: I hope your earache goes away tonight. Thanks for your prayers.

Realist: 3167? Is that the best you can do for a binge? Just kidding. Tomorrow is a new day.

Ags: Welcome. Most of us can relate to how you're feeling. Hugs.

Heather: hi

Kootch: Great job on your successful week staying OP.

Carol: OMG Johnnie must be suffering terribly. It doesn't sound good at all. I am so sorry.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - hang in there - new day!

Battle - when are the interviews face to face?

Thanks for the kind thoughts on Johnnie (Texarkgal on 3FC) - I will share them with her. She has lost quite a bit more weight I'm told - though certainly not an easy way to do it since she has been hospitalized all but 2 weeks since Thanksgiving. Her attitude is good - I'm told that she said at least she won't have to deal with the Texas heat this summer - always a silver lining.

Knowing what she (as well as many others) is going through makes it seem so easy for me to do what I can for myself - my health is great - I need to take this weight off now before there are obstacles thrown my way. When I am exercising I try to think of this also and push even harder (or compensate and do it for them too!).

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ags -- This is a place to share the good and the bad. I know we all know exactly how you feel. I hated how I looked in clothes when I was morbidly obese and did avoid a number of fancy events because of it.

I think one of the worst things about being so heavy is that in so many ways I missed out on life. I didn't go a lot of places and do a lot of things because of my weight.

I'm struggling with my weight, having gained back 25 (+?) of what I've lost, but I remind myself every day that I CAN do many of the things I couldn't before...
Old 06-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #19  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning my darling beautiful chickies!~

Been busy bike riding every where trying not to use the car. DH bought me for my birthday a basket for the front of my bike that can carry up to 5kgs. Its great! It is on a quick release so I can bring it into the store and not use plastic bags!

Attended a womans conference Fri & Sat. Inspired is the only word I have coming a way from the weekend. Speaker was Holly Wagner from CA and she is tough and to the point about standing our ground, staying focused, remaining at our posts and being ready for battle. What ever your struggle is, God gives you the tools/weapons to overcome! So I am journaling and figuring out what my true desires are, claim them as my post, stay focused and fight off any distractions! The theme was "Daughters Array Yourself for Battle". Scripture reference was Isaiah 52:1 "Awake, awake put on your strength O daughters put on your beautiful garments." Sorry if this got to churchy for you. But I feel that it is an important lesson for all regardless of your faith!

Released 1 more lbs this week. Makes me happy! Have a great day!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,
Life has been CRAZY here. Hubby woke up sat to chest pains. We ended up in the ER. He checked out ok, but they want to do a stress test to make sure everything is ok. He has that tommorow at 9. Please keep us in your prayers.
My scales are up 1lbs and at this point its ok. I am trying to cook healthy meals and not stress out to much. Not getting my daily walks in because I wont get that far from hubby.
hugs to all
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Carol, SO SORRY about Johnnie. Tell her to hang in there (thanks for your kind words the other day xxxxxx) & I admire her so much for being strong.xxxxxxxxxxx
TOM has arrived AGAIN, only 14 days since last one STARTED!!!! I feel cr*p, BUT on a positive note DAY 1 ON PLAN!!!! feel better just for sticking to it, WHY can't it just click when I needed it (a month or three ago)???? Anyway...
hugs & see you all later when I'm up to a 'proper' post.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #22  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-Allergies can cause ear aches. Anything that swells up your sinuses can cause you ears to hurt. That’s how my bad labyrinthitis started.

Aggie-Welcome to our chicken coop. I hope you find what you need here. I also avoid fancy functions because I don’t look good in anything. My husband goes to many things by himself because of it, and that is something I’d love to change.

Carol-Thanks for letting us know about Johnnie. That is just such a heavy load for her right now. Tell her that I am definitely keeping her in my prayers.

Jacquie-When I am confronted with snickering, I stop and stare at them without blinking. It is amazing how creeped out people get when you do that. I did that once on the subway when a 8ish year old kid kept pointing and screaming to his mom about the huge woman. His eyes got big, he stopped pointing and got back in his seat, and kept looking back over his shoulder.

Letstry-Yeah, depression can creep up. Especially since I “felt” fine. It’s hard to think you are depressed when you are happy at the same time. We think about this stuff as all mental, when so much of it is chemical.

Heather-Gaining part of our weight back is scary. It makes me feel like a failure. It scares me that I am going to end up back in a wheelchair stuck in the house. Wish I had a magic pill to avoid it. I could make a lot of money.

Julia-Trying to figure out what my true desires are, is hard. I lived most of my life taking care of other people, not trying to offend or upset anyone, and basically telling myself as soon as I lost weight I would begin my life. I am now confronted with trying to figure out what I want, what my favorite things are. Middle age is a weird time to be trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Dgramie-I’ll be thinking about you guys. ERs are the last place anyone wants to spend time.

I’m going to finally sew today. I’ve pretty much cleaned everything I can. I think I’m putting it off because I’m afraid that I’ve messed something up. I know that is silly. Perfectionism still haunts me.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #23  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Sharon - we were posting at the same time. I've often said if I could isolate a magic formula to keep us in the "zone" we could all retire.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Aggie: Welcome or welcome back! I feel for you when you were talking about wanting to just stay home from your grandaughters event. I hope with all my heart you go. I have missed soooooo many things because of my weight. Some of the reasons were plain old fear that others would make fun of me as they often did but some of the reasons were physical like the seat thing. I remember when my oldest sister went back to school and graduated from college. She wanted me at her graduation so badly but I knew the seats would be too small. I did go but I stood up in the back of the auditorium. It was embarassing but, I got to see her graduate. I hope you are able to go hon.

Carol: Painting was.... okay. I have to say not my favorite activity. lol. It did look sooo good though. We painted for 3 hours and got more than half of it done. I thought we would be painting the whole day but the lady in charge or the one who invited/asked me to paint with her could only do 1/2 a day. If it is okay with Johnnie could you please get me her mailing address. I am still praying for her but my goodness that poor lady has really been run through the ringer. It is such a reminder of the health reasons why we need to get this extra weight off of our bodies. Please tell her my thoughts and prayers are with her. I hope you have a great op, water drinking, bootie moving day.

Jacquie: Hugs, Hugs and hugs. That hurts so much when stupid people act stupid. Growing up I was such an ***. I used to be hurting so much in my heart and I did take it out on other people to try to make myself feel better. I have been on both sides of that story and Aggie is right, the ones saying things are the ones who have a problem. I knkow that I did. I'm so sorry that they said things to you. Please be strong and try to just know that you are an amazing and wonderful lady. They are attacking your outside which you are changing and it still doesn't make it right but, just know that they dont' know the inside of your heart and that is what makes you.... YOU! I let people's comments keep me in my house litterally for over 6 months at a time. Don't do that to yourself. Keep on coming back here and just know that they are, like I was, assess that don't know what they are doing to your spirit.

Angie: Hugs. So sorry that you had such a bad day. I will pray that the rest of your week is better.

Julia: Woo hoo for your -1 pound. I love that your DH bought you a bike with a lovely basket for shopping. Glad that you enjoyed your conference too. Thanks for sharing the scripture with us. Hugs.

Debbie: I hope that your dh will be fine. I know that I have been to soooo many heart dr appts and it has always, always been my panic disorder/depression that have given me the symptoms. Hugs to you hon. I also wanted to ask you how is your brother Mark doing? I hope fantastic!

I am reflective this morning on our MIA's again: Bernice, Nancy, Rat, Toni, Sue Patti, all the other ladies I've missed by name, I am thinking about you all and praying that you are doing well and just enjoying life that is why you aren't here.

Blessings my friends,
Annie
Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Hugs. Sorry you are in The TOM time again. That stinks.

Catherine: Hi hon. Have a ball sewing.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

annie- my brother Mark who had WLS is doing awesome now. It was a super hard road with everything at first but he is getting the rewards now and has lost over 130lbs since dec. He is so much more mobile even with his back problems.
Hubby has been to the ER in the past for panic attacks thinking it was his heart. He says this was different...and his sister had 2 major heart attacks. Better to get it checked out!!
hugs
Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #27  

Hiya my Peeps!!

Annie, I'm not MIA, really really.. hehe. I read the thread daily. I send out psychic messages, but I have a feeling they are received as psychotic ones.. meh, oh well. hehe. I really hate painting walls. Well, it's not really the painting part, it's the prep and clean up. Perfectionism is over-rated when it comes to painting!! hehe.

GoGo JuliaBikerChick! It's been raining so much here on the east coast. Every time I have a nice day to ride, I have to whack down the jungle in the backyard before it eats my dogs. Meanwhile, the dogs are digging to china in secuded parts of the yard. As long as bodies don't turn up, all is well.

Sharon, you and Catherine come up with the magic focus pill/wand/lightning bolt and I'll be first in line, ok?

GGG, hugs to Johnnie (Texark). Make her smile by saying being hospitalized for illness is cheating when it comes to weight loss! Healing hugs on the way to her.

dgram - hope hubby isn't really having heart attacks, not that panic attacks are any less of scare. Either way, he needs a doc's help. Hope it gets resolved!

Jac - I like Catherine's idea to stare at them. I can stare paint off a wall. It's the scary psychotic eyes that make em run. Muhahahahahaha.

Kootch - welcome!!! Nice to have a rooster among the chicks that actually posts. I know we have a few lurking ones (psst, I see you there!)

Realist - hang in there!! You stopped the binge before it went to 6k calories. Yes, I can do that if you give me a chance. Letme tell ya, it's easier to tell people to hang in there than to do it myself. I've been hanging for several months. lol.

Battle/Letstry - I'm so glad you are here!! I hope your interviews go well.

Ags, Heather is right, this is the place to vent and then get on with everything. Glad you are here!

Sharon, I'm waiting in line for that miracle pill. Just FYI, I've been waiting 46 yrs for it. Looks like it's not even close to being made. Guess I'll have to just eat healthy. *hugs*!

I think I touched on everyone. Hugs if I missed anyone!!!

I'm still enjoying my guitar lessons. BikerChick is furious at the weather. I'm hoping the rain will abate some. I could have done without the major Tstorm and lightning and power outage this morning before it was time to wake up. Geeesh, no respect.. not even from the weather! hehe.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Sharon: Hugs. Sorry you are in The TOM time again. That stinks.

Catherine: Hi hon. Have a ball sewing.

Blessings,
Annie
Wow, dyslexia strikes again! I thought you were telling Catherine to have a sewing ball. Maybe I need more coffee... nah, just need to clean my glasses.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 06-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

I'm back down to 306. I hope this is the last time I have to lose the same 5 lbs. It's kind of scaring me how easily and quickly my body will gain weight this go round. Every time I yo yo it seems that my metabolism takes another hit. It's time to stay on course because I don't want to be one of those people who can't eat more than 12-1400 calories to maintain a healthier weight.

Carol, you're so right about keeping our journey in perspective. This is really a life or death situation for all of us. I am lucky like you and am brimming with health. I have a few issues but they are manageable and not related to weight. But for how long? I'm nearing 50 and the time bomb is roaringly loud. We have to take care of our health and we have to get over ourselves...if we want to live and have any quality of life whatsoever.

-----
The in-person interview with the company I am most interested in is on Thursday. I have two phone interviews this week, and already got through one, for the other company. They decided to do the next round by phone so I don't have to do it live. Oh, and googling the person who would be my boss in that company....he is all over the internet boards for weightlifting and diets for optimal sports performance.

TOM is coming...on Thursday. Not good. I get really sick. I will do my best.

As you can see I am very anxious about all of this.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

Hello Ladies,

I am new to this site. It is so nice to find a place where I can talk with people going thru the same thing. I have been dealing with weight issue since I am very young. I am on WW now and have lost 12 lbs so far. I do really well then go off and gain it back. I am very determine this go around due to having a 22 month old and him being very active. Hope to get to know some of you. Wendy

Last edited by winki; 06-09-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread