Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Torister - - I'll add your 1330 minutes for you -- but I usually wait a few days to close the thread, and you can always do it until then!

Dani -- The exercise thread this month is called "300+ Jammin Jane Exercise Thread". It's here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172932

BTW, after adding Torister's minutes, we are over 23,000 min last month!!!

Last edited by Heather; 06-01-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, long time no see. I restarted my exercise and diet today. I'm feeling good about everything and I hope my motivation sticks.

I'm feeling a little bummed though. I keep trying to fit in on different forums and I just feel like it's not happening. All the regulars already have their little groups. Does anyone else ever feel this way? I don't know, maybe I'm just being sensitive today lol. I hope you all have a great week!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 320/312/140

Hey everyone - I just found this website today and I think it is amazing! I am having a huge struggle right now with exercise. I have had lots of trouble with my knees for the past couple of years, so walking is ok in small amounts but it makes me nervous because I don't want to hurt myself and then be down for months. What I would really like to do is go to a water aerobics class, but I am too self conscious to try it out. I work a weird schedule, so I would have to go by myself and I can't get up the courage to check it out. I'm sure I would be fine once I have been one time, but the idea of it makes me panicky. Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Smiles - keep posting - that's how we get to know each other. Great job getting under 300 - that is a milestone for sure.

Trishy - welcome! Glad you found us - I look forward to getting to know you.

First of the month ladies - what are your goals for the month?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Howdy All!

I finally got my groove back and been on plan for at least five consecutive days This is a big deal to me because I have been hit and miss for months now. It's early but so far I feel different like a switch has been hit. What a welcomed feeling that is

I did have a little wine tonight which I know has no inherent nutritional value but at least it was red so I got plenty of reservatrol (sp?).

The good news here is the temperature in AZ is not as brutal as it could be I have noticed little NSV's like not sweating profusing inside of stores and be able to walk more. I attribute this to my new habit of walking in the park around sunset.

I hope everyone is having a decent day and, if not, I send you a
Pennie
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

Well... I'm sick again!!!!!! I am sick of getting sick! I have a 'cold' or whatever it is, exactly the same as three weeks ago, except this time it seems a little worse. Headaches, no voice, throat feels as though I have been swallowing razor blades, blowing my nose until it feels raw. YUCK! I am off to the doctor today to get a certificate for work, but I also want to find out what I can do (if anything) to stop getting this stupid bug. Last year I had a similar thing happen FIVE times, and I thought that it was because I was teaching music and wasn't using my voice properly, so was weakening that part of my body somehow. Well, I am not teaching music this year, so I don't know why I am getting it again. Hopefully I'll get some kind of clue at the docs today.

I want to get totally well over the next few weeks because we found out that I am a "complete" match for my brother, Daryl, so I can give him a transplant for his Leukemia. The first transplant will be just a couple of blood transfusions, after I have had three or four days of injections to build up my white blood cells. The doctor said that this usually works, but if not, then we will look at a bone marrow transplant. I was the only sibling, of four, who is a match, so I'm glad it was a "complete" match. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming that it means I am VERY close. I want my system to be as strong as possible before the transplant, so I need to sort out this 'bug' I keep getting.

I have been OP, food-wise, for a couple of weeks now and nothing is happening, as far as the scales show. It is TOM, but I was hoping for SOME kind of change. I suppose with being sick I have not been exercising either, as it is hard enough to breathe as it is, let alone while exercising. I will have to give it a little more time I suppose.

Sharon - I haven't been on much since you talked about the trouble your oldest son was causing. I hope things have settled with him now. Even if/when he gets out of the house, I would imagine there would be ways he could still upset the family, but I hope that isn't happening. If I remember correctly, your youngest (I think) was initially diagnosed with Aspergers as well, but that has been changed now. That must have been SUCH a relief. I am sure you would have had some idea if he was displaying similar tendencies to your other son. I know that Aspergers has a wide range of degrees of effect, but I just feel as though you would have had some doubts. I am VERY happy for you that things have turned out fine in that area.
Sorry to hear about your aches and pains. I was wondering whether the doctor asked you to not exercise because of the pain, or because of the hormone tests. I have a feeling that exercise can affect your hormone levels, so he/she may not want you to exercise before the tests so that the results aren't compromised. I know I exercised before a two hour glucose test once and the results were VERY weird. Took us a while to work out what had happened and I got a little 'slap on the wrist' for that one.

Smiles - Great to see you again. I understand what you are saying about "fitting in". I found that I didn't really feel that comfortable in a couple of other areas even on 3FC, but I just feel like one of the family here at 300+. I'm that family member who you don't see all the time, but when you do she seems to fit right back in and is accepted fully. I hope you get that feeling here as well.

Trish - Welcome! I am sorry you have bad knees and that makes you afraid to exercise too vigorously. When I started exercising I had bad/sore knees as well. I started taking Glucosamine. I wasn't sure if it was working for a while there, because my knees weren't bothering me, but I had lost a lot of weight, and thought that may be the reason I didn't have any pain. Well... it wasn't the reason. My knees started to ache again, so I have been on the Glucosamine ever since. I don't know if you've tried that, but it may help you. I started exercising by just taking small 'marching' steps in front of the TV, or listening to music. It was a while before I built up to longer walks or the treadmill. I hope you find something that works for you.

Annie - OK... confession time... I am SO jealous of you! I know that jealousy is a negative emotion, and I shouldn't be jealous of someone as wonderful as you, but I AM! You are doing such an incredible job of losing weight, and you look so gorgeous in your photos. I know you are working extremely hard to lose the weight, and you certainly deserve to look and feel wonderful, but I can't help that niggle of jealousy that creeps in when I want to lose weight too and it just isn't happening. I will finish this rant here and just say... "Congratulations!" You truly are an inspiration for others here and you are actually an inspiration for me, I just have to be in the right frame of mind (not sick and feeling sorry for myself) to appreciate you and all that you do.
I think you would be very surprised at the amount of weight that excess skin can account for. I saw photos of someone who had lost a lot of weight and she had 13kg (26lbs) of loose skin. Well, she had lost less weight than me and she had a LOT less loose skin, so I have NO idea how much weight I should be accounting for with the excess skin. There is no real way of finding out either. I have raised my goal weight once already and I think I will be raising it to 175lbs. That is where I was most comfortable and where everyone else said that I looked my best. Still 'slim' enough, but not gaunt. It takes a lot of mind shifting to accept that though.
Oh, I hope your headache is all gone today.

Valerie - You deserve to be patting yourself on the back. You have worked hard and it is paying off. Isn't it wonderful when it is actually a surprise to find out how well you have been doing? The best thing about that is that you haven't been 100% focussed on what you have been doing, but you have still been making better choices and responding better to what you are eating. This means that it is coming to you more naturally, which is basically the ultimate goal for all of us I think. We need all of this to be such a natural way of life that we don't have to constantly think about the choices we make.

Sue - Don't throw those scales out just yet. I know that when I get fully back into exercise my body 'protests' by holding extra water to help mend muscles and whatever else it needs. I have a feeling that once your body adjusts and realises that you are actually doing a GOOD thing, the scales will start moving in the right direction.

Jacqui - Sorry to hear about your hassles with Trinessa. I am on Yaz (after being on Yasmin for a little while) and it is VERY expensive, but is a very low dose BC and doesn't seem to have any side effects, so I'll probably stick with it for a while yet. I wanted to go off it, but the doctor said to stay with it for a while. He changed my anti-depressant though, as he said that the one I was on was known for weight gain. I am hoping that this new one will work better and not make me gain weight. I hope that when you are able to start the new pill you find that it is MUCH more suited to you.

OK... I know I have missed people, and I apologise for that, but my energy levels have been depleted and it is time for a rest on the couch.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are looking forward to a great week ahead.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 06-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #22  

Just a quickie flyby... I had a GGGRRRRREAT day today.

I bought myself my first electric guitar and it is fabulous. Now I need a decent amp to do it justice. The guitar tour bus guys were fabbo! I found out one of them actually made my custom acoustic guitar in 2003!!! His initials were on the inside of the top! How's that for karma????

I had a wonderful time and some well-deserved fun.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 06-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #23  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Ratkity - I had a feeling that you couldn't come away from something that wonderful without actually buying something. It is just too good an opportunity to miss.
I hope your new guitar gives you MANY moments of pleasure.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies,

I took the day off from work today. I wanted to be at the top of my game for my phone interview. As it turned out another employer called today and I was able to go through the HR phone screen immediately, and passed through to the next level with them. The planned phone screen with a different employer went well and I passed through to the next level with them as well. Now I have in-person interviews scheduled at both employers. Keep me in your thoughts because I need a new job and both of these could be good.

Food has been on and off but mostly good. The weekend was a problem again so I'm going to have a better plan for next weekend. I got in some good exercise on Saturday and again today while I was off work.

SmilesIowa, what I find with going into new forums is that it can take a while to become part of the group. You are always welcome here.

TrishyMay, try chair exercises. PBS runs the show Sit and Be Fit, and I believe you can find some online. If not you can try taping a couple of shows to have on hand.

Gggirls, thank you for asking about goals. Mine is to set a small goal each day. For example, today it was to do both my Pilates tape and a long walk. What is/are your goals?

Zed, I hope you can get and stay healthy soon. It is miserable to have to function when you are under the weather. And with your very important reasons for being healthy, I am sending extra healing vibes your way.

CatWUV: Good job staying on plan for 5 days!

Rat: Glad you had a fabulous time. You deserve some enjoyment.

I know I missed a lot of people but I have to run. Hugs to all.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

ltstry... I am saying a prayer for you about the job. Hope you get something soon.

Ratkitty, yay for you on the new guitar!

Trishymay... and thanks for joining us.

Annie, LOL my body does not need five more pounds of water or anything else LOL. At least in my opinion, ha.

Zelma... true about "getting back into exercise" -- however, I have been exercising like crazy for months. Of course it has pretty much all been water workouts until now. In any case I will beat it!!!

Thanks for the encouragement... and everybody, hang in there and keep going.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I just had to share this news with everyone! We just set a new 300+ exercise record in May of 23,779 minutes!!! Our previous high was in July 2007 -- 23,253 min.

If anyone else wants to add theirs in, now's the time!

Way to go EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #27  

Height: 5'6"

Heather that is great! I am glad I asked about adding the rest of mine in a lump sum! I am not sure I am going to be able to do as much in June, but I am going to try!

This is a hectic week (what else is new?) but I was looking back over my Fitday diaries and journals from when I was doing low cal/low fat and I made a discovery! I am now wearing the last of my "small" sizes (its all relative isn't it?), but I am wearing them NOW when I am 10-15 lbs heavier than when they fit last time. Amazing!

I will try and catch up with the thread later. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

quick fly by this morning...

I am running behind and not feeling so great!

Will try to post more tomorrow!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #29  

Wink

Checking in today. Today is better than yesterday - geez I hate Mondays!

Zed - I hope you're feeling better soon. BTW: hi, I'm Dani. The fairly new girl.

Cyn - I also hope you feel better soon. Something going around.

Heather - that's great news. I hope by my starting in June to this, the group will have even more for June than May.

lets - here's hoping you get the job. Got all my fingers crossed for you.

Rat - here's to you jammin' out.

Trishy - welcome. I'm fairly a newbie too.

Sorry if I missed everyone. Still getting to know you all.

But I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Dani
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #30  
Just a fat guy losing it!

S/C/G: 343/312/220

Height: 6'1

What a great group of people here. I'm loving taking the time to read what you all have to say, and really find it interesting and inspiring to see how many of you all have the same battles with weight, and how you collectively are finding ways to gradually beat it. I'm right there with you, with the same battles.

I hope you don't mind allowing this big old teddy bear to jump in and be a part of the group?!!

Cheers!
Closed Thread