Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 343.3/340.6/199.0

Height: 5'8

Default New from Maryland

I posted this in Introductions but i figured i'd post it here b/c it seems like this is the one i'll probably be posting in more
---------------

Hello Everyone! I've been lurking on the site for awhile now, mosty looking at goal posts, wishing it was me! Well now I'm hoping it will be me soon.

To introduce myself; My name is Stacy, I'm 26 and live in Maryland. I'm married and have 2 girls, 2 dogs, 4 fish and 3 hamsters
I do home childcare through the military, which i really enjoy, it just doesn't give me the time that i want to be able to exercise.

The reason I'm starting today is because of my Dr. appointment this morning. I weighed in at 343.3 I have only been higher than that once and it was during a move last year (we're military) in which i got up to 347. I've been lingering at about 330, and said if it got over 335, thats it!! My dr. told me that i have high blood pressure, and i need to have a thyroid u/s ( i dont think its contributing to weight problems b/c i've been like this since i was young). I Can't Get to 350!!!

I've done diets before, and ate healthy, but only lasted for about a week as i dont have a good support system (husband is a stick ). Anyways I'm hoping to get some support as well as give some if I can.

P.S; I dont have a set "diet", I'm trying the eating healty/ exercise thing, b/c that helped my mom lose about 50 lbs so far. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks
CeeCee1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Wlecome I live in Maryland as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Stacy!

I am 25 my husband is an over the road truck driver so isn't here a whole lot and I don't really have much support coming from anywhere else. So I failed on every other diet I ever did and gained more back always.

My sister found the program I am doing which is called FA (Food Addicts In Recovery Anonymous). There is an incredible amount of support starting with calling a sponsor from the program every morning and talking for 15 minutes. Then throughout the day I make three more phone calls to other members (randomly throughout USA) to chat about how the day is going or lean on them if I feel like binging. There are also weekly meetings you can attend if there are any in your area (there aren't in my area).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know about that in case you feel like you could use a plan with tons of support. Message me if you want more info
newself09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #4  

Smile Welcome

Welcome Stacy. I'm new here as well.

I think you're on the right path seeking support here and by simply changing your habits to eating/living a healthy lifestyle. Both my doctor and my fitness instructor and nutritionist have all said that the key to success to lose and maintain that loss is to make it part of your lifestyle so the easiest way to do that is to not necessarily follow any one plan (unless it works well for you and you don't tire of it) but to just be aware of what you eat, how much, exercise more etc. Once that becomes a habit, it's easier to maintain.

So I'm trying that myself and have started with setting a goal of 1 pound a week until I lose what I have to - that way it doesn't seem such a daunting task - instead of saying I need to lose over 200 pounds - which just seems too scary.

Best of luck and keep posting.
Dani
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 343.3/340.6/199.0

Height: 5'8

Thanks EVERYONE! for your replies.. The dr. told me to start w/ a goal of 10 %, so i would be losing about 34 lbs.. i dont have a set date, but that would get me to 308 and i'll take it!

I'm excited to start posting, and im glad to see im not alone in this!

Thanks everyone! I'm ready to start losing!
CeeCee1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #6  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi Stacy,
Welcome to 3fc's and I am glad you are here. Now I am quite a bit older than you, but I will tell you this, you are on the right path and you have chosen a one pound a week and that is also a good choice as to not get overwhelmed. How do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time, this way it seems fmore doable. I started at 359 and now 327 and just those pounds have made such a difference. Stay focused and take those small steps, you will be so surprised. Look at the positive you do and let it out weigh your negative and keep looking up, you will make it. If you need support, encouragement, or just someone to talk too, I am a cyber mom to a few of you young ladies. I am only a PM away.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell I lived in Maryland for about 10 years and met my husband there.

Hugs to you,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-18-2009 at 09:19 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi Stacy,

It's hard when you don't have the encouragement at home. He will notice but it might take a while. Less to cuddle or easier to bear hug. I find that with my family an over weight husband who doesn't mind big, three energetic kids who seem to be able to eat anything and everthing altogether it can be a little depressing. Stick with it though. I'm just starting again. Seven years between serious attempts and a lot of food in between. For me 80-70kg would be fantastic but every kg less is great. As Aggie says, "Small steps". Start small. A walk in the park or set a time frame - walk 10-15 min out then walk it back. Try to increase your distance. I have a very devoted Border Collie who is always willing to be my personal trainer.

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Do it. We are here for you.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote