3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is.....part Two

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #61

Height: 5'7"

IM here today...just moving slow!
I didnt get to jump on the minitramp last night. Stayed at the neighbors visitation to long and then came home and went to bed. Just feeling sorta sad. She will be missed in our church and neighborhood. She has touched so many lifes.
Today is dh bday, he has asked for porkchops and eggs for breakfast. My positive will be cooking it for him and staying out of it. Tonight will be ribeyes and salad and baked potatoes.
The garden is growing and I even saw blooms on the cherry tomatoes plants. I also saw the starting of blooms on the big boy tomatoes.I cant wait!!! I am having trouble with black birds pulling up some of my plants. I have had to replant squash 3 times already. GGRRRRR
We are getting rain again..looks like we are in for a long wet period again. I miss the sunshine and warm weather. I loved being outside yesterday working in the garden.
OH I did get my water in yesterday.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
Gracie our yellow lab broke her tail somehow and will have it amputated tomorrow. He is such a good dogdad (is that a word). She will be fine - it will be tougher on us I'm sure.
ggg- I'm glad to hear your getting it amputated. I made the mistake of taking the advice my vet and having the tail set. What an ordeal. First she chewed through the cast and down to the bone, even though I had an E-Collar on her. Then she finally recommended amputating the tail above the break. She said the nerves are damaged and she will just continue chewing on it. I brought her home this time with about 2/3 of her tail remaining. She wore an E-Collar and a Bite Not Collar, but because she was a great dane and her body was so long she was still able to reach her tail and chew it again. When I brought her in to the vet again I told her to remove the whole tail and that's what she did. She was fine after that, but OMG! That was about 10 yrs. ago and it cost me $1500.00. I can't imagine what it would cost now. I'm sure Gracie will be just fine. By the way that was my last great dane I ever owned. I have been blessed with a lab (Black) now for 9 yrs. and I have truly found the best breed of dog. Our Peanut is just an awesome friend.

Here she is at 8 weeks:

And here she is now at 9 with my son Andrew:
Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #63

S/C/G: 318/234/140

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick fly by this morning...I'll be back later to "chat"...but I am so excited that I had to share. The scale was below 300 today! Now...official weigh in day is Friday so I'm not changing anything until then but I was still very happy to see that this morning!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #64
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

My positive for today is I am up and moving and going to work with my husband. That might seem like a strange one but I am happy to spend the day with him and be helping in the money department for our family as well.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #65
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Mainah I am so thrilled for you!! I know its unofficial,but YAY!! And thank you for your kindness, I know it will happen for me one day!

Toni Being up and moving around is always a good thing

learning That boy is handsome!! That's something that your old friends have lived in FL for 20 years! I hope you get to see them! Have fun with your mom today, no matter what!

Jacque congrats on finding the positives in every situation!

gggAnother one with a great husband, good for you for getting all of that work done and sorry about your dog!

maria good for you for staying on plan, being here, making that cash and thinking about the gym

CJ LOL..full plunk! You could do it, I know you could!! How did the muffins turn out? you have to school me on flaxseed, I know nothing about it.

dg you rock! You do it all!! Congrats on the walking and the yard work. We are supposed to get rain too, but thats okay by me!

Ags I know and believe that God has someone special for me. Thank you for reminding me! I'm glad you made it through your day and I hope this day is even better for you!

That goes for all of you ladies, thank you for reminding me that there is someone special for me!

My positive is after reading what you guys have to say about me finding someone special that really brightened my day and made me appreciate what I have found on this particular thread. I am so grateful for each one of you I look forward to seeing the progress that you all are making, it makes me smile and laugh and just appreciate you all!

The past is over, now let's get it!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #66

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

good morning ladies!

ggg im so sorry to hear about your dog's tail!

maria-payday is the best (mine is today ) and i hope you did go to the gym-congrats on getting back OP

shia-we love and appreciate you right back!!

mainah-congrats on being below 300!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellente!!

my positive for today is...that i stayed OP yesterday i had been breaking it by a little-and so far this week is pretty good

you'll never be anybody but yourself..
one cyber for every 5 lbs

Last edited by bitetoobreakkskin : 05-06-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #67
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

My positive things for today:

My daughter was not hurt in the accident she was in last night.

I am not wanting to eat everything in site today. Yeah.

I feel happy and light today.

Lap RNY 2/12/07- weightloss: 163 lbs; 306 SW; 143 CW
Old 05-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #68
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Oh my goodness,
My positive today is seeing all of you here today, ones I have missed so much and ones I see everyday.

Main, UNDER 300, you go girl!!! I am going to do a happy dance for you, no dancing carrots or brocolli, just me on the good foot getting down!!!

Toni, how happy I was to see ya. Moving and grooving with the hubby, how special is that. WTG!!

Learn, your son is so handsome, I know all the little girls are calling your phone off the hook. Tell him to run for now, there is plenty of time to get caught. Girlfriend, that will be a wonderful reunion, just think of all the stories you guys will relive. Awesome!!

Jac, you are the bomb!!! Keep it up girlie!!

Carol, that is great that everyday is totally filled with positives, I am following your lead. The baby (Gracie) will be fine, and yes it will probably will be harder on you all. If Dogdad is not a word, we are offically making it one today. I love patio's, I have a patio set but no patio, it just sitting out in the yard, but that's okay for now. Proud of you that you got it all up and by yourself, no doubt, I am sure your hubby will be surprised.

CJ, tell me about the muffins. I am not sure what Flaxseed is good for, but I know I that it cause it is good for somethhing.

Dg, you are awesome, I know how exciting it is to see the fruits of your labor come to life. You rock in that exercise dept. Tell your hubbie I said happy b'day, and the pork chops, great choice, I love them too.

Shia, I know how you feel reading all the posts, I get all goose bumpy sometimes. Last night I read the whole first Positive Uplifting Notification thread and I was just in awe how truly uplifting it was. Lot's of old friends and new friends, it is just GREAT!!!! Sometimes it is just great to go back to our beginings.

Bite, staying on point and on top of things, is a wonderful thing. You are doing great.

Annie, so very happy to see you. What a great feeling, happy and light and not wanting to eat everything is site. I am so thankful that your daughter was not hurt. How is she and her frame of mine? I will keep her in my prayers.

Maria, happy you are back on track, that's my girl. Waiting on that PM.

My positive today is that I landed a very big account for the store and I know that they will be pleased with the income I have brought in today. Also, the rain has stopped and the sun is out. OH Happy Day.

Will be back later to check in on all of you,
Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47 : 05-06-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 05-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #69

S/C/G: 287/ticker/139

Height: 5' 5"

Saga of the Flaxseed Muffin

Well, everyone has asked me how the muffin was. And, honestly, it's 4:40 p.m. on Wednesday, and I just made my first one! I was going to make it yesterday (i.e. my "positive" of the day) but neglected to remember I had to buy baking powder. So, back to the store I went and finally had all the ingredients.

So I measured and blended and popped it into the microwave for a minute ... and out came a muffin. Really! It held together, not a gooey mess. It even looked like a muffin. I used a sort of wide coffee cup thing I have fearing it would stick but it didn't stick at all.

Now, is this the greatest muffin in the world? Hmmmmm, no. But, honestly, since you can't have many carbs during the first couple of weeks of Atkins, this is sort of a bread substitute and it was nice for a change. If you added a little pumpkin or spices it could be a little dessert. You could probably put some sort of sugar-free syrup in there and make it flavored. I can see lots of possibilities here. It could even be savory, leave out the sweetener and crumble in some sausage or whatever.

Now, this is NOT low-cal, it is low-carb. So anyone eating a low-cal diet should NOT eat these.

Now ... my positive for today is ... ta-da! ... I lost two more pounds! Yay!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #70
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Cj, you did it, actually made it and it turned out okay. You go girl, now for the big ta da!!!! Good googley moogley's kid, TWO BIG ONES. I am grining for ya!!

Ags
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #71

S/C/G: 318/234/140

Hi all!

CJ - that muffin sounds pretty good...but I am a calorie counter so it's not in the cards for me right now! You are doing great on Atkins - 2 more pounds! Good for you!

Annie - so glad your daughter is ok! And yay for you for not giving in to any emotional eating!

bite - good job staying OP!

Shia - You hit the nail on the head - this is a great thread!!

Ags - good for you for landing such a big account! You must be so proud of yourself! I don't live on a farm...although we live in farm country. You can still come visit though! LOL!

learning- what a great looking boy you have! Your doggie is cute too! I love labs - we have a yellow one named Jake.

ggg- I'll keep you and Gracie in my thoughts - I'm sure all will be fine!

dgram - you sound like a great gardener AND a great cook! Hope DH had a happy day!

Toni - extra money and time with hubby - can't beat that!

My positive for today (besides my little triumph earlier) is that my son was voted Most Improved Student in his class and was given a ticket for a minor league ball game. He will participate in a pre-game ceremony and his name will be on the scoreboard. I am so proud of him!

Hope you all are having a good evening, friends!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #72
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Hello everyone. My positive for the day is reading through and finding the hair maintenance thread suggested by Aggie (thanks a bunch). It was funny & informative.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #73
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Positive today....I got my workout in even though I was tired and TOM is here...another positive, am going to get my weights and mat I will need for boot camp. Looking forward to it...only 12 more days!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #74

S/C/G: 287/ticker/139

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick post to say a special HUGE congratulations to --

Aggie -- for landing the big account. I know how satisfying that is not just for your company but especially for yourself. And it happened only a few days after being out for so long (skipping the last few days when you fell the second time). You must feel really good and proud, and rightly so.

How does Costco get accounts? And for what? Wholesale accounts? I thought Costco sold retail. Or are the accounts on the front end to carry new merchandise? We don't have a Costco in my area but I'm interested in marketing having been in the field for millions of years before I became a photographer, lol. Don't answer if it's secret.

Mainah
-- for getting past the 300 milestone. My sincere kudos to you. You're a sweetheart and you deserve to be whatever and wherever you want to be.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #75
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

MainahCongrats to your son, what a proud mama!!

Ags Congrats on the big account, you are a rockstar!!

CJ Goodness!! 2 more lbs!!! Great job, seems like you've found your groove!

My positive is I did my first strength training session and it was really good.

The past is over, now let's get it!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.