Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #181  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Hey there Tracy, so glad to see ya. When you finish can you come a clean mine and maybe my husband will stop fussing at me. LOL

Jac, your ticker looks great, I know how happy you are, could not wait to get mine. Great job on the AT, even though I am not quite sure what that is.

Ags
AT is the Arc Trainer. I can't believe I have worked myself up to 45 minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post

3) I developed a new form of exercise.
The last several weeks I have been buying new drapes (light defusing) for the one side of our house that gets hit by the sun during the hottest time of day. Each paycheck I would buy a drape panel or two. Well I finally had enough to hang them all and realized they all needed to be ironed. So I popped a Michael Buble' CD in the CD player and did ironing aerobics for almost 3 hours. Yes my hips and back are a little sore, but I feel good that I got in that extra exercise.
Also I weighed in this morning and I lost a whole pound, which meant I finally got to move my weight ticker.
Later - Learn
I can imagine someone doing that exercise...I think it's great that you multi tasked like that...got the ironing done AND worked out as well....good job on the weight loss and ticker moving.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

My positive is that DH and I went to see the Palm Springs Follies. Amazing. These were SHOWGIRLS -- huge headdresses, flesh-colored bodysuits, glitter, and not much else. And every single one of them is over 55. The oldest is 85! And they had some gaw-jus men, too!

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the show that much but it really inspired me. I think the average age was about 70 and there they are, singing, tap dancing -- really disproved the lie that getting older means getting fat and sitting in a wheelchair!

Another positive is that after the show we were going to go out to dinner and there was a nice Italian restaurant right next to the theater and when I looked at their menu and they showed nothing but pasta, I passed it by! Walked a little further and found a place that had a menu with more selections.

We're all doing so well! Keep on looking for that silver lining!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #183  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I lost 4lbs. It is the first weight loss in a long time.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I lost 4lbs. It is the first weight loss in a long time.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 05-17-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #185  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good morning ladies,

Maria, hot dang girlie, success on the garage sale is a wonderful thing and the extra cash, oh yeah baby!! Florida is going to be the bomb.

Shia, one pound, yeah babe you are moving and shaking again. Hey, and not to worry to are going to get it back on track, seems to be shaping up a little already. Remember pray!!!

Learn, love your new exercise kiddo, and the house and you are all the better for it. Both looking good baby. I just love reading your post, you always bring a smile to my face and that what is it all about.

Jac, thanks for teaching me what that was, cuz I had no clue.

Lady, the follies sounded wonderful and even more so that you and DH enjoyed them beyond your expectations. I am so proud of you walking by and looking for a better alternative. You are determined and that is so good. Thanks for the inspiration, I am always trying to find the sliver lining.

Tracy, you are the big baller for the WEEK!!! FOUR BIG GONE FOREVER!!! You go girl. I am happy happy happy for you. Let's see if I can try to follow in your foot steps. Tried to send all of the little dancing things but for some reason could not post them. So here are hugs and kisses just for yoou XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!

Mainah, CJ, Dgram, Thighs, I am missing all of you. I don't like being alone and I need all my sista's in the house. Not just some, all of you from way back when, the begining, you guys are my foundation. Hugs to each of you, now get here!! LOL LOL

My positive for the day is, it is pouring down raining and has been for two days now and I am loving it. It has provided a great time of refelction and I am using it wisely.

I will be back later babies to check in. remember I love each of you and positive.

Hugs,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-17-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #186  

Height: 5'7"

Im here. Went to my daughters and sil college graduation yesterday. Had a great day. Came home and hubby had gotten some pulled pork and i had a sandwich and got soooooooooo sick. Dont know if it was bad or my stomach just wasnt ready for it.
My positive is I have cleaned my house today. I normally dont do much on sunday and put it off till monday. Grilled burgers are dinner tonight and im going to enjoy one.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #187  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

D, your daughters graduation, how exciting and what a proud moment in your life. You done good kid!!!

D, I must send you some of my pulled pork, I make the best and my own bar-b-que sauce, to live for. Yeah, I am tooting my own horn, but it is just that good. Now cleaning the house, not so good at that, can you give me some tips. LOL I should have been rich, I could have hired a cleaning lady because I suck. LOL Great job on getting everything done, but you always do. I admire you sooo much. Enjoy your burgers and have a great evening.

hugs to you,
Ags
Old 05-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #188  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hi Guys

I would love to try some of your pulled pork Aggie If I'm ever there you must make me some!

my positives for today Are I have lost 2.8 lbs since getting back on plan I'm still not back to my lowest before going off plan but I' m a lot closer now! and I at least lost the weight that that I gained during this last bout of being off plan! almost back to where I was 2 months ago! woo hoo I cant wait to move that darn ticker down again one of these days!

and positive number two my aunt is cooking me and my hubby dinner tonight and she is one of the greatest cooks ever! plus she's doing atkins so what ever she makes I will be able to work into my plan today.. yummy!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

My positives for today

1. I have frozen fruit bar treats in the freezer and am not eating the whole box in one sitting. I ate two today and fit them into my plan.

2. I woke up early before it got hot and walked further today than yesterday.

3. I feel healthy and energetic.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #190  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Maria,
Closer is better than being farther, so you are definetly on the right track and 2.8 sounds oh so good to me. Baby girl, you and darling hubby enjoy your meal this evening, you surely deserve it. I just love being your cyber Mom and of course I will fix pulled pork for you!!!

Letstry,
Welcome, we love news faces here, the more the merrier!!!! Frozen fruit is always a winner and not eating it all at one time is fabulous, I have certainly been there. You are doing great with your exercise and you are feeling great about yourself. What a wonderful boost.You are doing it and doing it and doing it well

Okay everyone, keep up the good work and see ya soon.

Love,
AGs

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-17-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all!

I have some good positives...weigh in on Friday brought the release of another two pounds.

Yesterday we took the kids to the coast - there's a lighthouse built at the end of a breakwater that we walk on - it's about 1/2 mile out to the lighthouse over huge slabs of granite. It was SO windy, so we got a workout just walking against the wind...lol!

Today I got a bunch of errands done and just got ready for another week.

Sounds like everyone is doing real well - I am so proud of all of you!

Have a great evening, friends!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #192  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Main,
You bring such a smile to my face and such joy everytime I see your sweet face. You remind me of an angel. You are so sincere and have such a gentle spirit, you bring a peace with you to this thread. Thankful for you.
Very proud of your positives getting so many things accomplished, you go girlie. You get a big Woot Woot!!
Have a peaceful and blessed slumber, until tomorrow,
Ags
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #193  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Mainah, look at you!! WOW!! You are really kicking butt! I love lighthouses, I hope to travel around and see some.

Ags- I love rain and how much reflection you can get during it.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #194  

Good Morning Ladies,
What beautiful morning. It's still dark out, but it's been thundering for the last hour and I'm feeling optimistic that we are gonna get some much needed rain. I love how my tomato and pepper plants perk up from the rain water. It must be all that dirt and pollutants that get washed out of the air and into the soil. Let's see who is first on my list.

lady- The Palm Springs Follies sounds awesome. I've heard of them. What an inspiration they are. Hey and way to go on passing by that restaurant and choosing one that's right for you.

Tracy- Again 4 pounds! Awesome!

Ags- Your right there is something about the rain and how tranquil it can sound on the roof. My favorite place to be is in the barn when it's raining. The sound of rain hitting the metal roof, hearing the horses munching on their hay, a dog laying against your right hip sleeping and a dog laying against your left hip sleeping, and a kitty cat or 2 or 3 or 4 curling up on my lap trying to stay warm.

dg- Congrats on your daughter's graduation. I do hope your feeling better and enjoyed that burger.

Maria- 2.8 more gone, almost there girl! I hope you and DH enjoyed your dinner with your Aunt. It's nice that she's on Atkins and you can feel at ease about what your eating.

letstryitagain- A.K.A. letstry- A big welcome to you. You just keep that positive attitude coming to us here on 3FC. We'll take all we can get.

Mainah- 2 more gone WOO HOO!!! I also like lighthouses. My DH has a small collection of lighthouse statues like Hatteras, Sandy Hook, etc...

Shia- Here's an idea, how about all of us that like the rain and lighthouses just spend an entire day in one during a gentle rain and just share our thoughts and dreams.

Well here are my positives. Of course the all too important staying on track with my eating. I got my exercise in. And got cages built to protect my tomato and pepper plants from the cats and birds. I already have over a dozen cherry tomatoes on my one plant and am looking forward to scarfing those down with or without a salad.
I hope everyone has a positively awesome day and I will check back in later.

Later - Learn
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

OMG Mainah -- you are doing sooooooo well with your weight loss.

Welcome, LetsTryItAgain! You sound like you know what you’re doing, making a good plan and sticking too it. You’ve lost quite a bit of weight already, what plan are you on?

Maria -- are you doing Atkins now? I think I saw that on another thread that you are going to try it for awhile to jump-start your weight loss. There has been more research on low-carb dieting and it’s getting much more respect in the medical community. Here is a link you might be interested in: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/sci...udynejm708.htm

Hi Ags -- well, I’m not much of a cook or a housekeeper. Arghghghhghg. I sort of missed out on those homemaking genes. I’ve always just worked. But you wouldn’t believe how much more I have been cooking since I started Atkins. (Actually, you would laugh because it’s such basic stuff, but it does go beyond opening a can or microwaving a frozen dinner, LOL). I have a clearning lady, and before that I had a cleaning guy. It is worth it for me, but I still feel a little guilty. (Not too much, though.)

I too like the rain. It reminds me of being enveloped in softness, and giving me a reason not to work so hard.

Dgramie -- congrats to your daughter’s and sil’s college graduation. You must be proud. Sorry about the tummy problems, they are not fun. I could take some house cleaning lessons, I think. After the cooking lessons LOL.

Tracy -- welcome, welcome and CONGRATULATIONS on an astounding weight loss.

LadynRedd
-- I would have liked to see those over 55 showgirls. They would definitely have inspired me. I love older women who look great and are proud of themselves, no matter what their weight.

Shia, let me tell you about an article I read in Oprah magazine a while ago.

I am generally a perfectionist (except when I’m not LOL). I suspect you also kick your own butt when you are not perfect, and the one area of your life which occasionally seems out of control is your eating/exercise. Your rational brain cannot understand or accept this. “Let’s just do this” it screams.

I found this article helpful in dealing with the war between my perfectionist self and the “wild child” who wants to eat what it wants to eat and in large quanitities!!!! It makes sense to me.
http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazi...200701_mbeck/5

Learning -- I bet your new drapes look stellar. Your reunion story is just strange. People are always a surprise. I am going to a high school reunion later this summer and I’m a little scared.

I always like your positive early-morning posts, thank you. I so like your comment to Shia about sharing our thoughts and dreams in a lighthouse in the rain. Amen.

My positive is I thought I was still hungry after lunch yesterday. So, I set my cell phone for 20 minutes and said to myself if I was still hungry it would be okay to eat more then. When the alarm went off, I couldn't even remember why I set it for a minute, and by that time wasn't hungry.
Closed Thread