Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #31  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Whew, got lots of walking in today. It was good, except my bad foot began aching at the end. Guess I'll have to mix the exercise up, at least for a while, keep the walking to 30 minutes or so plus something that doesn't bother that foot so much. Of course, I was on my feet a lot today besides the time I counted as exercise, so that might have something to do with it.

Carol: Dinner here was meatloaf, veggies, brown & wild rice. Having to cook for both my mom keeps me from making what I'd like to, but I try to come up with dinners that will work for all of us. Glad you had a good walk.

Barb: Sounds like a nice day. Good job at Olive Garden! And good job on those Christmas lights.

Penny: Keep those baby steps coming. I'm right there with you.

DG: Hope you had a good visit with your family.

Georgia: Is the soon-to-be-ex gone? Hope you'll be sleeping better.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - I love it! I wouldn't go down the slide on the cruise ship because I was afraid I would get stuck - next time I will!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- How are your shoes? I've found having shoes that are really good for my foot cuts down on the foot pain when I walk. I need to get new shoes now, because I'm having more pain when I walk now!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Barb - you made me laugh about the Xmas lights! I remember an episode of Roseanne where Dan asks her why the Xmas lights aren't down yet and she said, "Why? It's not Easter!"

I don't like Olive Garden either. But my fall back is also the soup. I used to go for the Pasta E Fagioli, but then nearly lost my teeth when I discovered it was 588 calories per bowl! The Minestrone is only 164 calories per bowl, so the multiple servings I can't seem to pass up are okay.

I'm just checking in...I'm at Lake Tahoe with the STBX and my two favorite men in the world, my sons Quinn and Rhyan. They're ignoring me right now, giving all their time to the XBox 360. But I do get a hug from my boys every couple of hours on their way to/from the bathroom.

STBX and the younger son aren't leaving until Thursday morning, so my regular exercise schedule is off now. I got 15 minutes in yesterday. I'm still on top of the healthy food choices. I made pumpkin whole wheat waffles this morning. Very fibrous and tasty! I kept the Chinese take-out to a minimum at lunch and passed on the rice. So tonight, grilled chicken breasts and asparagus for dinner.

I accidently packed my snow gear and already moved it to my new house, forgetting that it may be getting warm in the San Joaquin Valley, but not in the Sierras. It snowed the other night, which was pretty, but I am seriously under-dressed for outdoor walks. I have my SpriTube with me, so I've been using that, and there are a couple of flights of stairs in this vacation house we've rented for the weekend. That should get my heart rate up.

Still not sleeping well, but I hope to be soon. Only have one more load of goods to move, for now, to the new house. I ordered my new sofa today! And next week I get a brand new washer and dryer. But not those really sexy new kinds...too expensive! Anyway, once I'm in the new place full time, I can really establish my routine and fill the fridge with all sorts of good stuff. And I can start beginner Pilates! Can't wait!

Georgia
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #35  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Had a pretty good day, eating-wise, but haven't really exercised today. I did get ahead with exercise minutes yesterday, so I think I'll just take today off and get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. Tomorrow, for sure, I'm going to buy an exercise mat and a couple of light weights for some floor exercises I'm wanting to make a regular part of my routine.

Georgia: Must be a little weird vacationing with STBX, yes? Must be nice too, furnishing the new place.

Heather--Oh, yeah, I was in my sturdy walking shoes. The problem is that a long time ago I had a stress fracture that I didn't know about; by the time I had serious pain and had it x-rayed, the bone had healed over the fracture (but not mended properly). If I wear good shoes and avoid walking down stairs (down is harder on this fracture than up), I don't have a lot of pain. I could have a bone graft (they would take bone out of my hip to graft into the gap where the footbone is fractured) but I was told odds are 50/50 it wouldn't take, and I'd have to be completely off my feet for 6 weeks. So I've opted just not to wear high heels and generally it's no big deal.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #36  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Vacationing with the STBX is totally weird!!! And stressful.

Strangely, I miss my Fitball tonight. You can't just bring that sort of thing along in your suitcase. I did enjoy my walk by the lake earlier today. My youngest and I walked along the beach on the north shore, and then walking back to the vacation rental was up some steady inclines. I've got my SpriTube out. I'm feeling the need to tax my muscles.

That's so weird!

Georgia
Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 364/363/200

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I am both over 40 and over 300. I didn't read everything here, just running out of time and my bed is calling. However I wanted to say hello. I saw a few comments about shoes and feet hurting. I just started a new job and am on my feet for the first time since last august - during which time I put on close to 20 more pounds. I had to buy new shoes to work in and thought I was buying good ones - not so much and as a result I'm in a lot of pain. As soon as that paycheck comes in - I will get new ones.

My shoes of choice are Birkenstocks. I have found them to be the best for me because the conform to my feet and support me exactly how I need. I have flat feet and I'm pigeon toed and they are oddly sized and shaped - because why should it be easy. so the Birks do so good at filling my need. I do amaze the shoe guys who find out how many pairs I own - the lady at the Birk store couldn't believe I need to buy 2 pairs for my old job. I explained that the soles only lasted about 6 weeks for me (I used to work almost 8 hour weeks on my feet). I needed two pair so I could have one in for resoling. Most people who wear Birks get them resoled every year or two. The point of the rambling is to suggest that you consider them if you have foot issues. Yes they are expensive but my experience is that they are worth every penny.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hey, catch us on the next thread!!!
Closed Thread