Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

lilion_HUGS!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #17  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Ditto on the hugs, Lilion. I think different people experience this stuff differently. I've had some serious weepiness, usually first thing in the morning, I wake up thinking negative things and by the time I'm half-way dressed I'm crying and I really truly can't stop (not something I really did earlier in my life, except when people died). Last semester I taught at 8 a.m. and about half the time I was outside in my car at 7:45 trying to stop crying so I could go inside without my students seeing me. Not quite the same as head-biting, but probably similar hormonal things; it was absurd, I knew I wasn't really that sad and yet I couldn't stop.

When's your next vacation?

Last summer I was having terrible nights... I found chamomile tea with valerian helped a lot; I made a strong cup (2 teabags) a half an hour before bed time almost all summer long.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #18  

Thanks ladies. I have to say...the mood didn't really improve all day. I'm still just tense enough to jump out of my skin and I swear if I do any more "deep relaxation breathing" I'm going to pass out. But in 1/2 hour I will be out of the office and in the car where I can scream if I want to. I told DH I may have to put off the smoking cessation until the Estroven kicks in if I don't find something else that works.

The worst part is I KNOW working out would make me feel better, but I'm so exhaused and depressed I don't seem to be able to perk up any interest in doing it. It's all I can do to crawl out of bed and into the shower in the morning and not just crawl right back in when I get home at night.

I have to go shopping for fattening stuff. The DS has requested requested Reeses peanut-butter cheesecake for his birthday cake for Friday. So I have to buy and bake tonight. No temptations there, huh?

20 minutes and I'm FREEEEE!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Lilion - I felt like a pencil ready to roll off the desk. When I went to my family doc about it I just burst out crying. A few months of low dose anti-depressants took the edge off. I feel for you - it was a horrible feeling not knowing which me was going to show.

Big hugs to you.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #20  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Lilion, I've found that my time in the car alone an excellent time to perfect my use of profanity, plus, I seem to be really brilliant as I'm dressing down my husband, out loud, along I-5, for three solid hours. I get it all out of my system and then a good bit of weight training before I go to bed and I can sleep like a baby!

You poor thing. Yes, menopause is rough. I've been taking L-Tyrosene to help with the mood swings, and before I go to bed, I spray on a little Bach Rescue Sleep to help calm me even more. http://www.bachrescuesleep.com/

Georgia
Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chicks -
Just a quickie Hello!

I haven't caught up on the chatter yet. I dropped my family off at the airport this morning at 5am (yawn) and now I'm catching up on some work before an all day meeting.

Had a fabulous week with everyone. I'm proud to report that despite some of the food indulgences and a few drinks this week I maintained my weight!!! My brother and I hit the gym everyday expect Mon/Tues - when we were walking all over NYC. I honestly had myself prepared for a few pounds of gain so I was thrilled to maintain! Even though I splurged a bit it was certainly more controlled than my old day splurging.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week...I'll catch up later when I have more time.

Barb
Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #22  

Thanks all. Feeling better today, even though I'm still dog tired.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Lilion - Happy to hear you are feeling a bit better today.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #24  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hope you're getting some rest, Lilion. Wish I were closer to come and kidnap you to go do something fun.

Glad you had a good visit, Barb.

nothing special here, need to plan next week better than I planned this week.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 04-03-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

My son and grandaughter are coming for a visit today.I am excited. My dil doesnt eat beef or pork so im cooking my sons favorite meal, roast potatoes and carrots. I cant wait to sit in the floor and play with my grandaughter. A year and half ago i would have never dreamed of sitting in the floor and playing. Scales appear to be inching down....
Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

dgramie-sounds like you will have a wonderful visit!
Lilion- You need to rest. Take care of yourself.
Barb- sounds like a nice visit with family!
Georgia-does the Bach Rescue Sleep really help? I think I would want to use it as an air freshener in my house! lol Seriously, I'm glad you found something calming. And yes, car drives do help us vent.
Carol- How was your walk today?
Heather- I am starting back working on the exercise again, just tough to get motivated!

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things and finding it challenging. Each day is new and I know I HAVE TO. Doing better on water again today. Yesterday didn't drink hardly any. I am hoping we don't get the rain/sleet/snow they are saying we might get. That is always a blah time. I am so ready for nice weather. I am going to try and get on the bicycle this afternoon. Sun needs to stay out. I hope you all have a great weekend! Penny
Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Penny - thanks!

It was a wonderful walk to and from my water class - and adds exercise minutes. Hope you can all see the angels halo hovering above my head.

What's for dinner tonight - shrimp on the grill is sounding good if the rain will stay away.

Have a great weekend - and Lilion - please go do something special just for you - I always feel better after a pedicure.

Terri - walking home uphill I decided I hope the Trolley Run is not too much uphill.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #28  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

About the Bach Sleep: I only started using it a few months ago. One of my girlfriends saw that I was going through a really tough time and we ended up chatting about menopause and sleeplessness. Then she had me come over to her house and we tested out various homeopathic flower essences. I seem to be really responsive and sensitive to that sort of stuff. Who knew? So she gave me a small bottle of the Bach Sleep stuff and I used it that night for the first time. Like I said, I'm very sensitive to stuff like that, as well as feeling the vibes of toxic people around me (what can I say, I'm one of those freaky people from Northern California). One decent squirt of the stuff and I immediately felt a release of tension. I gave myself another squirt for good measure, because I do have ADD and can't easily shut the brain down at night, and I took a melatonin pill and slept like a big old chubby baby.

So I now use it for particularly difficult nights. Every night this week since my soon-to-be-ex came home for the week!

Georgia
Old 04-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Carol- Camille and I think we see the shadow of the halo! But we know you really are an angel! Hugs!

Well just went on a 30 minute walk and feel really good. It is rather windy as a storm is on the way in. So I opted to not try and ride the bike and kill myself. I am still "baby steps" getting back in the routine. I will try and do stationery bike inside though. But it is a good start. The dog was happy to be going with me too! I feel pretty good. just wanted to check in!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
I hope everyone is having a great day! All is well here. I got to sleep in a lil today and then hit the gym for my weight lifting day. I did a solo workout today and had a great workout. After that I spend the afternoon with my big boy while the baby took his nap. DH and I took them both to the park for some play and then out to dinner. We tried to go to Famous Dave's (where I get grilled chix and veggies) but the wait was too long. We ended up at the Olive Garden (not a fav of mine) and I had a bowl of Minestrone soup with some chicken/steak skewers and veggies. No bread! Now chilling a bit while the kiddos watch 101 Dalmations...will tackle bedtime soon. Since the big one didn't nap I'm hopeful he'll sleep.

Oh...I also got the rest of the Christmas lights down today. Yeah..I know it's almost Easter.

Today at the park I went down the slide with my son. He needed a little encouragement to get started. I was scared I would get stuck, but my butt fit and I went down with him!

Well, the boys are calling.....I'll catch ya'll later! Have a great night!
Barb
Closed Thread