3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Weekly Thread #1203

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #61

S/C/G: 303/294/250

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!
Guess I'm the noob! hehehe Let me jump in by saying I lost about 70lbs 2 years ago, with help from this site, but have gained back about 35 of it. ugh. I'm trying to cut out all the junk and eat mostly fruits and veggies, but man is it hard! We bought an elliptical about a week ago. When I lost before, I loved the elliptical, could stay on it for 30 minutes. Right now I'm struggling to finish 10.
My goal right now is to get to 250lbs, which would be the least I've weighed in probably 20 years. I'd like to lose more, as I am getting married next May and would like to have fun on my honeymoon without worrying about being tired, fitting in an airplane seat, etc.
I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #62
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I have to share today's NSV with my friends on this thread. Today I am wearing pantyhose and dress shoes because I'm going to a business lunch to support one of my best friend's who is being recognized for 15 years service at her firm. (Normally I wear jeans to work.) This is the first time I've worn pantyhose in probably two years.

When I was 360 lbs, putting pantyhose on was like trying to climb Mt. Everest. It could be done, but it was Very Very Very Very Difficult. By the time I finally got them on, I would be a hot, cranky, sweaty, b*tchty mess! I would have to lay down for 5-10 minutes to catch my breath and quit sweating. Even in winter!!

This morning, I sat down, pulled them up, wiggled a couple of times to get them situated, and THAT WAS IT. No laying down, heavy breathing, contortioning...it was So Easy!!!

Sometimes I forget I've lost 98-ish lbs, but when something like this happens it is front-and-center again. I just wanted to share!! Happy Friday everyone!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #63

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

DC - I'm so excited and happy for you! I hadn't wore panty hose in a very long time but had a huge stockpile of the biggest size available since they were hard to find - I put on a pair and they actually seemed like they were starting to turn to dust. On top of it I had to pull something on top of them to keep them up - gotta love it!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #64
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

DC what have you done to lose the weight? that so awesome

carol - you are always such a doll. i may get sidetracked a bit but i always find my way back
Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #65
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone
just popping in for a quick catch-up. i am home today but busy getting things ready for the market tomorrow. for those that do not know, i make jewellery and sell at our local farmers market. Last week i aquired 2 five foot lighted glass display cases and i am getting some things ready for tomorrow since i will be setting them up for the first time. Tonight one of my girlfriends are coming over for the evening and we are having a pamper night. Pedicures, manicures, facials, hair coloring and leg waxes LOL I cant wait. Oh yeah and before it all starts a very healthy meal and a tanning session

I am having a pretty good first week back on South Beach. I have had a couple of things that I probably shouldnt have had (mayo and ketchup) but overall been going very well. And of course, it is nice to see the scale co-operating as well!!

talk to you all soon
Brenda

Old 03-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #66

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Becca, so glad to hear that you're cleared for work. And even better that your healing well. Just be careful !
Spring is here and we're still in winter weather. Rain rain rain with a chance of snow. When's the sun going to shine?

Debi, any hummingbirds yet? Did you drag out the trampoline?

Cyn, some people need drama. Sounds like that's your carpooler if things don't go her way.

Mainah, nice weight loss!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Catherine, ouch!! File in two countries??? That just doesn't seem right. Good to see you posting though!

shimmers, pass me a cheese stick!!!

Carol, been OP for 12 days now and yes, it is great to be back in the zone!!!

Bellydanzer, welcome and glad that you joined us!! You'll find lots of support here.

DCHound, for you!!!

Brenda, sounds like you have a fun night planned. Sounds so girly!!

As for me, I'm still going well in the food dept. We even went to Super Walmart and even though Jim got chips, I stayed strong and just got the fresh clean foods I planned on. Good feeling to be back in control.
Just found out my dil is in the hospital with a bad gall bladder. I think they will be taking it out today or tomorrow so if you pray, say one for her please.
toodles!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #67
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Yay for weekends! I had one of those super-productive days, and I feel great -- but that also means I spent the whole darned day on the computer, so I won't post much this evening. The garden is calling.

This weekend, I hope we can put in the two raised beds we've had on our wish list, plus fix the irrigation pipes my dh hit with the mower. and re-tie the grapes. and. and. lol. It never ends.

And then, there's always good eats and good thoughts.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #68

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Hi all..

This weekend will be very busy for me! I am watching my niece and nephew tomorrow while their parents are at a concert! Then sunday is my nieces 2nd birthday. I got to go down the "girls isle" at Toys R Us! I was so exstatic!! I eneded up getting her this package that is for dress up. With a little pink purse..pink skirt. pink tiara with feathers..earrings necklace..gloves of and little high heels LOL I love it!! She is soo into dress up she will love this. Oh and a little Diva wand

NOW FOR MY FAST FOOD UPDATE: first off...the kids woke up late today..me included so I took them to school. Now I did eat breakfast. I had cereal. So I get in teh car..drop the kids off..now I have had breakfast. I am not hungry..so I think as I am passing Carl's Jr..OMG I love their breakfast burrito. I pull in and say no..so I drive off...then I say no one will know but me! So I pull in order a breakfast burritto..and a small pop. I pay for it..and drive away. At this point I am talking outloud to myself. I can smell the yummy eggs and onion and salsa. I get onto the freeway and i did sip my pop. I grab the burritto...and get it right to my lips..then I thought..you are a big ole liar and cheat! I was not even hubgry!! I wrapped the burritto back up..stuffed it in the bag...and through it out the window. ( yes i know that is litering) i didnt cry..I just said that is a close call. And a waste of money. BUT I didnt eat it.

2nd almost slip today. I picked my brother up after work to go to Toys R Us. We were shopping for about 2 hours..I was taking him home..and he says to me..can we run through Wendys! I looked at him and said I cant go there..I will eat! Fries are you kidding me. He looked at me and said what. Soo. I said to him..what I was doing he doesnt get it. I knew he was hungry..so I went. He was telling me his order..I am not going to lie, I was hungry at this point. BUT I knew hubby had dinner at home waiting. So I grabbed my gum and chewed until we left. He said you could have gotten a salad. I said look no fast food means none!

I remember Heather asking me how wat my plan was to succeed with no fast food. I have taken my lunch everyday..planned out meals..but never thoght about what if someone lese puts me in that perdicament? Or what if I am alone in teh car..and no one will know?

All I can say is I got a long way to go..but i will make it.

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!

Last edited by azcyn : 03-28-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 AM   #69

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Cyn -- Great job on NO to the fast food. I think we will all excuse you from littering. We're up against a LOT, aren't we? Not only ourselves, but other people's unintentional sabotage. Keep that gum with you at ALL times!

Have you planned a reward for yourself WHEN you make it through the month with no fast food?? That might be a nice added incentive!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 03-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #70
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Debbie: I had my gallbladder removed right after new years. Best surgery!!I managed to be able to have it laprescopic and it was a piece of cake. No pain hardly at all! Hope she doesnt have to have it the "old" way.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #71

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Ladies,
Dil came thru the surgery just fine. They did say she had a very ugly gall bladder though and there was a bit of swelling and infection around it. They couldn't get one stone out of the canal so she has to wait until Monday for the G.I. doc to take it out so I think she will be in the hospital til then. Other than that, she's doing just fine.

I'm still doing good on food and water. Went to karaoke last night and just had diet coke which I know isn't that great but it's better than all the fattening drinks I used to have there. Didn't even get the pretzels or popcorn!

Today is doing some errands and then just staying at home.
How's your day going?

Debbie
Old 03-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #72
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

We had a super active day today -- my dh went off to an 8am meeting, and I dug out the broken irrigation spiggot, plus a 10 by 3 foot section of the yard where we wanted to place a raised bed. When dh got home, we built a compost bin and the raised bed box, and fixed the spiggot, of course. (Am I spelling that correctly? lol)

... I ate OP, too, until this evening. I was feeling so good, I had champagne, chips and salsa, sitting in the yard, enjoying our handiwork and the beautiful spring night. Argh! ... I'll try to finish the night right. That might mean going to bed at 8pm, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Cheers!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #73
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Princess I'm on Atkins. I'm staying on induction since I have so much weight to lose. No processed foods, no artificial sweetener, no diet coke, nothing like that. I feel great and it's working fantastic.

Happy Saturday nite everyone!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #74

S/C/G: 351/286/140

poppin on for a min..

I am babysitting my niece and nephew and my niece is asleep FINALLY lol. She is 2 today and let me tell ya its beginning to be fun being an auntie. I have a 8 yr old nephew, but when he is here it is all about hanging out with my sons. But my niece, she loves for me to read to her..and watch Dora the Explorer. She is now coloring and so we colored today. I would draw a flower and she would point to a place on the paper and say flower. lol she wanted me to draw it.

Funny thing...I hardley thought about food at all today. Humm keeping busy made me less aware that I was hungry. Or thought I was.

Heather: YES I have a reward for me when I reach my goal of 30 days no fast food. The first thought was reward myself with food. BAD BAD! I know. SO I thought about something that I really want within reason. Although I have a love for fabric..I have plenty of that and scrapbooking things. So I decided it would be a new pair of earrings. A really good pair that I can wear to my Slumber Parties. I hardly ever by myself anything. So this is what I am going to buy!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #75

S/C/G: 350/224/150

Hiya Peeps.. I haba colb *snuffle*

I am one miserable person when sick. This is one time I'm glad I live alone.

The scale is not being kind either, despite not eating much and being fairly dehydrated (I'm trying to drink stuff.. really!).

I'm debating whether to call in sick tomorrow. Even though I'm feeling like death warmed over, I'm not so sure it's just not allergies.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkitten
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.