3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Weekly Thread #1203

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #46

Height: 5'7"

Julia- wow I bet he is miserable by the time you get done with him!!! He deserves it!!!!! LOL

Annie_ i understand your panic attacks and how crippling they are! Just take care of yourself and dont push yourself to hard. We love you!!

Hi to everyone else..
As for me...well food is great , water is great, exercise is slow but getting some. Today I noticed I have a bleeding heart bush in bloom. We just got it last year and I didnt know they bloomed this early.
I also checked out the hummingbird map and they are almost here. SO i filled 2 feeders and got them out. Looks like spring is here!! We had rain last night and today everything is so green!!! I LOVE IT!!! Tommorow I am planting some bulbs I bought last fall.I cant wait to have stuff coming up outside.
hugs to all
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #47

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody--

Ack! I've just had one of the most frightening experiences of my life --I found out what my BMI is--47.5! Talk about a kick in the pants. No more cheating for me. That's the only coach I need to keep me in line. I know it's silly, but I am really upset and I want to cry.

a very depressed Vicki

Two trackers--the first is to lose 10% of body weight goal, and the second my ultimate goal.
One CHEER for each 10 lbs. lost.
None yet...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #48

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi All,

Just a couple of personals.

Rat: That is very interesting about the M & M's. lol.

Debi: Thanks for the info that you do have on Bernice. I love those bleeding heart bushes.

Becca: Woo hoo to getting to go back to work.

Julia: Your dh needs a kick in the butt! Hugs sweetie.

Debbie: I hope you do get a bike. I'm no "biker chick" but I love to ride.

Well that is about it for tonight. Hugs to all of you and I sure am missin some chicks: Beth, Val, Toni, Ammi: Where are you guys?

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #49

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening ladies..

Angie: You will get down to that 300lbs!! I believe in ya!!

Julia: sorry the PMS is not soo goood!

Vicki: I understand about the BMI shocker! When I logged all my stuff on Fitday.com my BMI is 57.4!

As for me: This is going to a bit long..sorry for the long post. Some of you may know about the problems I have on and off with my friend/the person I car pool with. My personal opinion is that we spend way too much time together. We ride and hour to work, 8 1/2 hr shift in the same room, 1 hour ride home. She is a very negative person. I mean NEGATIVE. And until I stopped being that way..I didnt notice that bad. We carpool because we drive 32 miles one way to work and live about 1 mile from eachother. literally about 6 minutes. Well I have had enough! Not just the carpooling but getting off of work at 530 and not getting home til 630 or after. It literally drains me! So I went to my boss yesterday and asked that my shift be changed. I wanted to work 7 am - 330pm. That means no carpooling, more gas for me, BUT imagine..having my life back again! She talked it over with the upper managment and they said yes. NOW to be fair, I HATE THAT WORD, they are giving the others in the room the opportunity to have that shift on a rotation. Either weekly or monthly. She is going to tell everyone in the room friday. 2 of the ladies will not take that shift, but my friend I thought would like the change. So on the way home today I told her about it. At first she seemed ok with it. Then I SWEAR about 2 streets from her dropping me off, she says...ugh this wont work for me..I will have to leave at 530 in the morning to get to work ontime. SO NOT TRUE! And as she stops infront of my driveway..she looks at me and says...well since this is your decision..I am going to put my house up for rent and move closer to work! I looked at her and said..You are not going to MAKE me feel guilty! I am doing this for me..not for you or anyone else. I got my stuff and got out of the car.

She is single, and I do know that she struggles with money probably more then I do. BUT I can not keep getting more and more miserable because I feel guilty about everyone. I have done this for 36 years.

I did tell her that it is a trial basis if it is not working for me then I will change back. She didn't care.

The older I get..the more my "time" is important to me. I am so tired of being careful not to upset someone, or do the "right" thing because I have to feel guilty. So today that was my positive moment!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #50
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi all,

Long day at work with lots of events to cover and lots of writing to do. Mostly, I ate okay, until 6pm when I chowed on fatty junk from the mini-market as I drove home. I DID take a walk mid-day today, which is something I haven't done in ages. That makes me happy.

Cyn, I had a counselor give me a life-changing insight when I was 15 -- I'll paraphrase, badly, and hope I get the idea across correctly. "When you give to yourself instead of those who take from you, don't expect to be rewarded, but do it anyway. By doing for yourself, you're taking something from them that you used to give them -- your power, energy, codependence, whatever. They're not going to thank you for that. You should thank yourself for it, though. YOU are the only one who can put YOU first." For a 'pleaser' and pure codependent kid like me, that meant a lot. Your friend is an adult who will adjust. or she won't. That's her problem. You weren't cruel or cold; you were taking care of yourself. Good For You Choosing YOU!!

Julia, even my husband gasped when I read him what your husband said, and he's a typical, sometimes-oblivious fella. I hope you told your dh that hurt, and I hope he's made up for it!

<<big wave to everyone else>>

Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #51
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Cyn, good for you. You did the right thing. Stay strong!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 AM   #52
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

cyn - even with gas prices being what they are, im sure that car pooling isnt saving her enough to pay her rent. it will be good for you!! you have so many positive things going on, focus on you!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #53

S/C/G: 318/234/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

I've not been feeling well for a couple of days - I'm pretty tired of toast and ginger-ale...lol! I'm feeling better and the scale was kind to me this morning - I'm down almost 8 pounds since Monday morning. I was excited about losing weight because I've been sick! Weird, right? Does anyone else do that or am I the only wacko? LOL! I know a lot of it is fluids and I will likely gain some of it back but it was still nice to see that number on the scale!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #54

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Cyn -- That sounds like a WONDERFUL decision! I think putting YOU first really is important!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #55

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone finally getting here this week to post. I've had a horriable week all around that stupid therapist. Can't remember if I told you but because of her we put our girls in school a month ago. They we're sick of and said we don't want to be around the therapist. Oh she started again on Tues I bit my tongue im'd my husband and said I will call him once they leave. THEY DID ONLY 15 MINS WITH EACH BOY. Now tell me how 15 mins of speech and occupational therapy is to help my Autistic boys so not gonna. So I let Mike know and he said I'm not to worry about he is on it. We are waiting on their supervisor to call us back they we're out of office Tues afternoon and Wed. The lady we talked to said they over stepped the bounds and that time isn't enough. Most places do an hour of each therapy. I have had a good thing come out of this I've not stressed ate any. My poor boys we're so worked up after Thurs. She was on my for homeschooling my girls. Hello I'm not anymore and its not your business what I do with my children. She was saying homeschool is wrong and blah blah blah. And then started on my religion stuff about me praying about stuff. And make sure I'm right about it and not just doing as I wish. I really wanted to punch her but that wasn't the Christian thing to do all of this in front of Autistic boys. And they have had trouble adjusting to the new schedule do to the girls not being here. And I'm not comfortable putting the boys on a bus next year for schooling their not ready. Now I will take them there for therapy but not an all day thing. I've already talked to the school and its fine with them I have that right they said to homeschool them and then take them there for therapy. And to get use to the school to maybe put them in the next year. I sadly ended up with 4 panic attacks from all this on Tues. I ALMOST MISSED MY DAUGHTER'S BASKETBALL GAME. I fought throught and went and felt much better. And the boys did so well no fits Such a huge huge thing.

I did lost 5.2lbs this week just working out at home. My next weight in is on Sat.

Long Term Goal!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #56

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody

Ally-- It sounds like you've been having it rough and that lady totally overstepped her bounds. First of all, is someone is coming to your home to help you with occupational and speech therapy it is absolutely none of their business what religion you follow or how you choose to do so. It is also not their business if you choose to homeschool your children or not. They are supposed to go in and help you out and keep their opinions to themselves! Who do they think they are? You are their mother and it is up to you to decide how best to raise them. Sheesh, some people...

Shimmers--I love that life changing insight. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cyn--good for you making that decision and putting your life and desires first. You have to do what's best for you and it sounds like your doing it. You don't need all of that negativity in your life and I think you're doing the right thing.

Oops...I have to go back to work--my lunch break is over. Have fun!

Vicki

Two trackers--the first is to lose 10% of body weight goal, and the second my ultimate goal.
One CHEER for each 10 lbs. lost.
None yet...
Old 03-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #57
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Cyn-I spent half my life taking care of everyone except myself. I only started to get better when I became selfish about my own needs.

I've been working on taxes so I've been in and out, but reading everything. Paying taxes on the same income in two countries is depressing, but having to file two sets of tax forms is the worst part. I wouldn't mind the money so much if it was only one set of bureaucracy to deal with.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #58
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

I just got back from walking the dogs to the post office and back -- a good, brisk 40 minute walk. It's spriiing, breezy and sunny and beautiful. I've been eating OP today, but now, of course, I'm hungry. It's 5:30pm and I'd better get a small snack or I'll get into that nighttime-can't-stop-eating mode. Unfortunately, my husband is still at work. Plus, he prefers a late dinner. Hmm, cheese stick anyone? a peach?

Take care, you fabulous ones!

Last edited by shimmers : 03-26-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #59

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

What a quick week here. I can't believe it's Friday but no complaining. I'm like Catherine - have been reading and keeping up with everyone.

Cyn - gotta tell you I'm proud of you! I can't wait to hear about the successes of no fast food.

Luan - great to see you - I always miss your smile.

Brenda - where are you???

Annie - how's your week my friend? Have you seen any signs of spring?

Debbie - you're quiet - how many OP days now? Doesn't the zone feel great!

The weekend is here presenting its additional challenges - let's get through this lighter and healthier.

Hugs to all (especially Rat's sweet lurkers)
Carol
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #60

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,
We are cloudy and gloomy today..storms are heading our way..glad its not going to be snow like west of us are getting.
I get up every morning alone and dont talk to anyone till the little kids moms come in.Well today i went to say good morning and didnt have a voice.I knew i had some drainage but not as bad as it is!! STRANGE!! I bet it has to do with mowing the yard yesterday and spending so much time outside with all the blooming stuff.LOL

We are going to meet my son and his family in the town that our parents live in tommorow. I am excited!! The challenge will come from eating at an all you can eat chinesse seafood place. I am going to eat seafood without breading..crablegs and no butter.
Scales are still stuck. So on monday i will start entering everything in the tdp and see what my % are.
I appear to be the same size as the end of summer last year. TIme to get things moving again but not really sure what to do now. Exercise more I guess!!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.