3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Weekly Thread #1203

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

cyn- have you thought of this? exactly what are you depriving them of?
Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Evening all you fabulous people!
Weigh in day for me, i was up 1lb. Recommittment begins in the morning.

I am in a good place right now for that to happen. I actually went to our chapters awards banquet tonight and won an award in our division. I think it is just what was needed to get me back on track.

Cyn: good for you for giving up fast food. Google some remake recipes online and learn how to make your favs!!

Catherine: Glad you are healing and feeling a bit better

Hi to everyone else. Luan, Lit, Annie, Gramie, Julia, Heather, DC and everyone else that I missed.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #18
[link=http://www.3fatchic

S/C/G: 320/315/170

Height: 5"6

Had a great week last week went to the gym 5 days but no weight loss not going to let the scale rule my life. So I will push harder this week thanks everyone I feel so at home.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

10,000 minutes, everyone Ė way to go! Iím dipping my toe in with posts here until April 1, I think. Then, Iíll start the serious journal. 10,000 minutes is inspiring

Heather, youíre a prof, too? What do you teach? (I teach English.)

Dgramie, sorry you had such a frustrating weigh-in. Iíve had many of those after hard work out weeks. Do you measure, too? Sometimes, I find measuring more rewarding and real than weighing.

Annie, I hope the job is going well. Itís always scary being the newbie.

Cyn, wtg with the challenge! Everyone wins! Even your pocket book Ė fast food is Expensive in more ways than one.

Jaime, itís great that youíre checking in. Iím returning after a long time away and the slow regain of 65 pounds. No use regretting. Thereís no yesterday. No day but today.

Catherine, Iím glad youíre on the mend. Wish you could get out more, though. Take care of yourself.

Julia, cycling sounds wonderful. Iím still way shy about biking, but my husband would love for me to go with him. He has a couple of great beach cruisers. Maybe this summer.

LitChick, do what you can, and if it doesnít work, try again next time. There are few opportunities that are once in a lifetime, and if you have any worries about how long it will take, remember that one day youíll be 50, no matter what you do. Youíll just be 50 with an MLS or 50 without. A year, two years, ten. The time it takes doesnít matter so much in the long run.

Brenda, wtg on your award and your renewed energy

Seegore, good for you not worrying about the scale. Have you tried measuring? Muscle weighs more than fat, so you could be trimming down with all the gym days, but not seeing the scale reflect it right now.

Iíve lost 7 pounds since seeing the surgeon 6 weeks ago. 4 of those this week, I think. (Iíve been fuzzy with the dates and numbers, lately.) I see him again on the 30th. Gosh, I hope I can show a 10 pound loss or more. I first asked about surgery a year ago, and I feel like Iím just Now getting anywhere with Kaiser and my own personal mind-blocks.

g'night everyone!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #20
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi everyone!

so i kinda had a revelation the other morning. i have them at 4 am a lot. lol. so i decided that im going to do the disneyland half marathon for my 30th birthday. i have 5 months to train. i have to keep a 16 min pace. thats a 3.8 clip on the treadmill. today i did a 22 min mile, but i wasnt tired. im a little sore, but thats from not working out in a while. this seems like a pretty easy goal.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #21

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Luan - good for you! I'm doing my first "public" 5k on April 26. My goal for 2009 was to do at least 3. I'm really excited about it - a little apprehensive but excited. And I'm going to meet up with a fellow 3FCer from the over 40 300 board - double excitement!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #22

Height: 5'7"

We got some good news last night. My new sil is getting the screw out of his foot tommorow. He will be on crutches for about 10 more days after that. I know he will be glad to be able to walk again. The dr did tell him no lifting for at least 2 more months. I know my daughter will be glad to have him walking again and she will be glad when he can lift and do things around the house and yard with her.
Scales are up 2lbs today..i have done everything right so i will just keep going. Just frustrating!!!!
Im dragging out that old trusted minitramp this morning...it always works when nothing else seems to move the scales.
hugs to all and drink your water!!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #23

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

shimmers -- I am a prof! I teach psychology (not the clinical side) at a small college. We are on "break" this week. Which means, of course, that I am prepping for next term!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #24
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Good morning and happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #25

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all..

Thanks for all the encouragment!!! I will need it. One thing is that I am too "lazy" to go get the fast food. So if Hubby don't go I wont go either. Had a really neat moment yesterday. The girls at work are all thinking about joining curves. This is not something I want to do. I have been once, didnt care for it. There is one near our work. They donn't understand why I don't like it. I said it is all up to the individual. I told them you all may love it. Then I swear not even 10 min later, one of the girls starts talking about TACO BELL! UGH!! Now they all know I am avoiding fast food. Finally I said to them, what is the point of going to curves if yall are going to keep eating crap that is not good for you. I told one of them, every time you eat there you complain about a stomach ache. I said well I am bringing my lunch as usual. Then she says..well I am eating a taco salad from there. HAHAHA I said honey just cause it says salad in it does not mean it is healthy for you. I looked up the calories. 840!!!! She was like what. I said when you start counting those bad babies, you will learn what not to put in your mouth. I said to her once in a while is ok...but they are all trying to loose 30 or 40 lbs. Aint gonna do it this way.

My plan: Hubby and I have sat down and made what we are eating for dinner all week. I have also taken extra snacks to work and NO money for the vending machine. No wait I lied I take 65 cents for one soda. I know sometimes we have french toast fro dinner and that is not always good. BUt I am learning.

Not eating fast food for 30 days will be the longest I have EVER went without it!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #26

S/C/G: 350/224/150

G'morning peeps,

I saw a leeeeeeeeetle decrease in the scale this morning. My tiny victories add up to big ones, so I celebrate even the littlest decrease (but not with food, with w00h00s hehe).

I am either fighting a cold, or allergies have overwhelmed my medications and I'm all stuffed up. My first inclination is to find something to eat that makes me feel better. I had my tea this morning first and that immediately made me feel better. The ingrained response to feeling bad and reaching for comfort foods needs re-wiring. I'm working on it! baby steps.

GGG, how'd the taco soup turn out?

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I celebrate even the littlest decrease (but not with food, with w00h00s hehe).
Brilliant!! That is the right attitude and the right way to celebrate!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #28

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Tuesday all,

Yesterday was horrid for me. Panic attacks at work like crazy and tears. That is soooo not me, the tears in front of people. After prayer I decided unless I get a different position with the type of work I'm doing I will not be doing it anymore and I called the new company and said no thank you to the job offer. I need my health and it was getting worse. I feel so much better and more in control today! Praise God.

Cyn: I think the 30 day challenge is great. I do that occasionally too. Best of luck to you,

Debi: Great news about your son in law.

Catherine: I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better.

Debbie: Woo hoo to you on winning this week!

Julia: Hi there sweetie. Did you get to cycle?It is snowing again here so no cycling for me.

Leslie: Hugs. Sorry you are so stressed.

Brenda: Glad that you are going to recommit.

Seegore: Congrats on going to the gym for 5 days in a row!

Rat: woo hoo for the decrease no matter what size!

Okay ladies, I was wondering if any of you have seen or heard from Dimples (Bernice) I miss her and would love to see how she is doing.

Blessings all,
annie
Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #29

S/C/G: 350/224/150

Annie,

You go girl.. take care of you! BTW, that's easy for me to say to others, but I have trouble taking my own advice. You have lots of changes going on with you on a daily basis. Don't forget to take time to realize you are not the same as you were even 6 months ago (inside and out). Panic attacks are the body's way of saying "whoa, slow down". One of my little sisters has them too. Me.. well, I don't have them - I just try to eat every peanut M&M on the planet. Have you heard recently that stock in M&M/Mars has gone down? Seems consumption of their products dramatically decreased at the end of February. Investigation into this phenomena has only perplexed the company, although they have isolated the affected area to the DC Metro.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #30

Height: 5'7"

annie- i got an email a few weeks ago sent from dimples home address.It was a forward...but no i havent heard a word from her in months..I dont have her home address anymore in my computer.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.