Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1201

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Morning! I posted this last night, but thought it was worth repeating:

I'd LOVE to get more of you posting on the exercise thread, however. We are trying to meet a really tough goal of more than 205,000 min exercised for the year. We are going to need to be focused to do it! So, if you want to be a part of something bigger than you, post the number of minutes you exercise and add them to our ongoing total. That's it! (Well, you gotta do the exercise!) And then we'll all watch 'em grow!

EVERYONE NOT ONLY INVITED AND WELCOMED but NEEDED. See the exercise thread sticky at the top of the forum!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Hellooooo everyone.

Well it was a nutty weekend for me. Friday I had to go to a family thing and my five year old nephew had his birthday on the same day. So, I got some balloons, made the family blow them up and hang them up with a little banner, then I made cupcakes and ice cream cone cupcakes for the kids. I decorated them with candy and gummy worms, and other sprinkle type things. They loved em, I avoided them lol. I basically cooked everything lol. Made an adult dessert, raw food tart, blah blah. It was fun, but exhausting as I didn't get home until 1am. So, I was a zombie on Saturday.

TOM is leaving me finally. I've gained a few pounds dealing with the monthly thing, maybe 2 or 3? I'm not sure yet. I'll weigh myself in a few days. I'm taking antibiotics so maybe I'm retaining more water, not sure. Anyhow, I have doctor appointments to make this week and well just getting back into the usual eating well and exercise thing.

Hope everyone is well! *supportive hugs*
Old 03-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

OK ~ I posted on the exercise thread. I worked out 330 minutes last week! No wonder my dogs aren't speaking to me!! I am losing almost 2 hours each night when you consider I have to change, get myself down there, get myself back home, take a shower, etc. But I already can tell a difference in how I feel. My hamstrings are killing me but it's the good kind of pain!

Happy Monday everyone!!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #5  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone!

I'll be back for personals later, but I just posted some progress pictures and wanted to put the link here . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166411

Have a great day . . . see you later!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello all! Hope you all had a great weekend! I know I did! And I'm happy to report that almost all the weight I gained due to TOM is just about gone, so I'm double happy. Haha. Now for those numbers to keep going down.....

I'm off to the gym! Have a great Monday all! I'm on Spring Break! Yay! lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

Hi Ladies!'
The results are in!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-I’m not surprised you have been so busy. With the way things are now, I suspect you are in a growth industry.

Rat-I saw a show with several people who had regained after WLS. It was so sad. I don’t think it is the easy way out that some people do. You have to deal with the same demons, you just have to deal with them lots quicker. The weight gain is a symptom, and if we don’t deal with the underlying illness, neither path will lead to permanent solutions.

Angie-You are always welcome. We all skin our knees. The trick is to always get back up and try again.

Carol-Been eating lots of fish. Lent is awful hard on me because I really hate fish.

Brandnew-I so totally understand about looking forward to getting up after being down with an injury. I had too much salt yesterday too, and I feel like I’m wearing those ankle weights.

Heather-I’m not allowed to go to the pool tomorrow because it’s going to be -35 so God only knows what in wind chill. If it warms up about -20 tomorrow afternoon, I’ll go for a walk and record my minutes. I promise.

I want spring to come NOW. I want to play golf, I want to walk down the street without fearing for my life. I guess I need to get a Wii or some kind of video exercise.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Heather: I remembered to log my min!! Although they are small they still count lol

Kayley: Congrats on getting rid of the TOM weight!

Today I gotta go into work a little early because I am not carpooling YEAH!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Hello ladies. I have been MIA cause i had a huge fight with the cable co, and they turned it off so i had no internet... finally got it sorted, and i was right btw lol... so im back.

I have had a really good week. Hubby and I found out that we will be able to move back to the states sometime in the next 4-8 months, and im so excited i cant see straight. i like england and the people here are great, but as the old saying goes, 'there's no place like home'. I havnt slept in about 3 days cause im too excited to sleep lol.. kinda like a kid at xmas. I lay in bed and think about all the things i will be able to do in the states that i just took for granted before.. nothing major, but things you miss when you dont have em anymore lol...

i havnt been doing too well on my eating /exercise plan as of late, but i have New incentive now.. i want to drop as much weight as i can and get as healthy as i can before i get home. One of my best friends in oregon lost 90lbs in the last 9 months from doing nothing but walking.. she didnt change her eating habits much, but her car broke down so she had to walk Everywhere and she looks wonderful in the pics she posted on myspace. it goes to show if you Move and watch what you eat if only a lil you will lose weight. im sooo happy for her. That has been my biggest issue living in england, is the lack of walking. we live about 10 miles from town, so at my size, no hope of walking there... and it rains here most days... even thru the summer..i do have a stationary bike that has been collecting dust, so im gonna clean her up and give her a go lol... we also have stairs in the house i can walk up and down so ill give that a go as well for my exercise regime... id like to get fit enough to be able to do the tabata(sp?) squats.. i know im daft, but it looks fun
well i'll close for now, but im making a commitment to post here daily as it helps so much . i hope youre all doing well and winning the war on unhealthy habits and flab
Old 03-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello all! Made it to the gym yesterday, and I'm definitely feeling it today, but I'm heading there shortly. My legs are pretty sore, so I'm not sure if I'll be doing cardio today, but if I don't, I'll at least get in my strength training.

Yay! Biggest Loser tonight! I've been anxious to see the results from last week's show. I hope they lost enough weight, so that no one gets eliminated.

Have a GREAT Tuesday, all! Keep moving!

Americaninuk - Welcome back! Congrats to your friend, that's fabulous! And what motivation! You can do this! Looking forward to seeing you around here more. This place is GREAT for accountability!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Kayley, my 'diet' isn't much different to SB, I remember you losing a LOT on it, just hope I can do the same! WTG on TOM gain almost gone, what a pain it is!!!xxxxxxx
Americaninuk, where are you in the UK? How is the packing going or will you just take a few things with you? I bet it will take months to get your stuff to you in the US if it goes by ship, by plane I know it can be a lot. Good luck, I find it bad enough just moving five minutes down the road!!xxxxxxxxx
Annie, hope the interview/work goes well & you feel 'well' again very soon.xxxxxxx
Ria/merksie WOWEEE your pics are great, your tummy is so much smaller now, ditto your bottom!!! Good for you!xxxxxxxxx (ps I AM jealous, lol!!)
Ammi & Beth WHERE ARE YOU BOTH????? Did you get the bathroom sorted out?xxxxxxxx
Catherine at least you know what to expect, one minute here the sun is shining & it's warm, the next it's raining then SNOWING!!!! In March!!!! I had three lines of washing almost dry, fetched the boys from school & it rained then snowed.... Hope it warms up soon for you.xxxxxx
Well I did a post this am but lost it somehow, pop-up-blocker did it I think. I'm doing ok on v.low carb foods but feel a bit weird at times, really NEEDING bread/carbs but sticking with it, at least I can eat cheese..mmmm Loving the green leafy salads with everything & the bacon, mushroom & egg breakfasts!!! No booze though!! It is doing me good, my skin is glowing (almost, lol) and my IBS is gone. Has bad time with oldest son AGAIN!!! He said some horrible things, just wish he'd leave, he's a bad influence on his little brothers.
Anyway, hugsxxxxxx
xxxxxsharon
Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Sharon- So, were your clothes freeze dried when you got home, or just a cold wet mess?

Cyn-carpooling has got to be a hassle. I hope you at least like the people you pool with.

AmericaninUK-I’ve heard of other people who basically started walking and lost weight. I think that the obesity epidemic started when the car culture did.

Kayley-When you muscles hurt like that after exercise remember to drink lots of water. It can help the lactic acid work its way out

Well I’m glad that I didn’t try to go to the pool. It ended up being -57C this morning. That’s -70.6F. I can’t describe to you how cold that is unless you have experienced it. My husband said he could see his breath inside the Starbucks down the street. He had to sit with his feet on a heating pad when he got home.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

my friend that lost weight mainly thru walking called this evening. i asked her if she gave up any of her fave foods etc... she said she would still have her dutch bro's coffee every am( kinda like starbucks, but mainly in northwest).. she still ate everything she wanted and as much as usual, but didnt drink soda and walked about 5 miles per day... talk about motivation...

voodoo1- i dont have that much here in the uk really to bring home.. we have been staying with my hubbys parents to save money to move home, so all the furniture etc is theirs. i will be selling all our dvd's at a car boot before we leave as they are the wrong region for the states.. hubby had thought about bringing a dvd player from here nd all the dvd's, but i reminded him we dont use scart leads in america.. only coax... at least everywhere i have lived over there ( about 10 states lol)... so that wont really work either.
as for the linens etc, they are all his parents .. mainly i will bring one suitcase of clothes and my important papers, and one suitcase of souveniers and gifts for family. i am so excited i could be packed and at manchester airport in 2 hours if needed lol...

had a good day today. stayed on plan.. didnt get in as much exercise as i would have liked, but im so out of shape its a slow start.. i plan on adding 5 mins at least each day till i get around 2 hours of exercise per day..
hope things are going well for all of you...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #15  

ACK Catherine!! That's c.c...c.ccold. You know it's cold when.... they give the temperature in the number of seconds it takes to get frostbite on your exposed skin.

bb.bbbbburrrr!

Luv,
Rat
Closed Thread