Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

MENOPAUSE!!!
You ladies are all too young to think about that. I think MEN need to PAUSE and give us a break! heehee We work way to hard for so little appreciation.

Okay, Good Afternoon, today is calmer than the last couple days so now I have a chance to breathe. Job hunting is slow, but at least the unemployment is still coming. That is something. Hubby's job is stressful, but he is surviving. The girls are keeping me busy running. Army son is excited as his fiancee is going to see him the end of the month. He just can't wait until the wedding in August then they will be together. He is not liking long distance relationship. Older son going through some challenges right now so needs some prayers. Cat and dog seem to be getting along better than in the beginning. Cat still rules the house! But at least they can be in the same room now without fighting constantly! I am not good on water yet, so I better get moving on it. It's a laundry day and I am already tired of it. Gotta run to p.o. and mail pkg. so I better keep moving. Have a great day all!!! Penny
Old 03-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #17  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Terri--You asked if I got things worked out with my mom. Tough question. When we have fights, they're always resolved by us both ignoring them. I can't get her to talk or to listen calmly about the things that frustrate me. She's never been a good one for addressing problems, but in the last few years (after my dad's death but before her stroke) she's gotten positively childish; she'll turn her head away from me and stare at the wall in addition to refusing to speak if I try to get her to talk about anything she doesn't want to talk about; if I ask her to change anything or do anything she'll say something like "I'm sorry I ever open my mouth, I know I'm not supposed to speak." Sigh. So, we stopped fighting the other day because she can't give me the silent treatment forever... if she wanted to do that, she wouldn't be able to make me wait on her, since she has to speak to me to tell me what she wants... SIGH.

Sorry to be a whiner, but I do need to vent once in a while, and somehow it's easier here than when talking with friends around town... I know as soon as I say anything that people are going to tell me what I should say or do, and I know in advance that it ain't gonna work, because she doesn't respond to the logical things that a person would think she should say or do. So in general when people ask how she is I say she's okay but not getting out of the house as much as she should... even then I get a ton of advice about things she could do if I took her out, except I can't even get her to put on clothes, let alone leave the apartment!

Penny--Sounds like a ton going on for you. Good thoughts to son and all.

Lilion--You are not that person!!!! I know that there's a controlled, calm, cool, collected Lilion in there--she was here when I first came. I don't know where she's hiding, but I know that's who you are.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

I finally made myself go to the basement and use the weight machine.I hate going down there all alone but I will do it!! I did weights for 20 min and then came back upstairs and used hand weights while watching tv and did some floor exercises. I can tell i did it this morning but it feels GOOD!!

Heather_ i logged my mins.

lilion- hugs im so sorry you are struggling right now.I had a horrible week last week and just couldnt get focused.I set goals and decided that i am doing it!!I WILL get under 200lbs. Its amazing after just being back on track for a few days how much better i feel!! JOIN me i want you to feel good also!!!

Teri - thanks for the info on the CPA study stuff. My daughter got a horse from her boyfriend last fall and they are breaking it now. She is working with it daily. I told her if her andher boyfriend break up he gets custody of the horse..we live in town and i dont think he would like it in my back yard. LOL

VVV- hugs on the struggles with your mom.Feel free to vent anytime !!

penny- prayers for your son and hugs to you!!

carol_ hugs and have a great day.

OH yesterday was a nice day here except for the wind. I had on a cap sleeve top and was enjoying the sunshine with the kids. I noticed everytime my arms were up and the wind blew it was causing my flabby upper arms to flap in the wind...any suggestions on how to tighten it up?? ITS BAD!!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-11-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Vortex- maybe when your mom turns away like that and ignores you, even though she is quiet to you, she is still listening? Maybe continue to talk. You don't have her looking at you, but her ears are still open. Sometimes try voicing a little bit at a time that way. I pray she will come around. It will soak in eventually. Don't give up. "Silent treatment", at least she will be listening and not lashing back like saying "I know I shouldn't speak". So Just keep talking, I know it hurts you, but you will get some things out and you need too. Even though I don't get undivided attention from my family, I have learned to just keep talking. Mine are all voicetrous back! That is unless they decided to put on their headsets! lol And then at least it is not all bottled up inside. I am praying for you friend. Yes, I always have tons going on. I think I will take another day for me. I am going to find out when my friend has another day off. We took last Saturday together and hung out, it was fun! I have decided, I Deserve that!

Georgia- My prayers are with you. Life just keeps throwing us curveballs, just hang in there. There is light at the end!

Lilion - Hope you are feeling better today! How is your protein? Do you need more for energy. I sometimes know to boost mine up when I am feeling weak and drained.

Barb- how are things going?

Carol- how is the leg/foot doing today? We are all worried about ya. Girls were very excited. How nice that was! Hope your day is great!

today it is cold again. ugh. The wind started blowing yesterday afternoon and hasn't quit. I am so ready for summer. I hate cold. My heating bill is crazy! The dog doesn't even want to go outside. Well laundry again today as I didn't get it completed today. Maybe that will help heat up the house! hehe
Not sure what the day will bring, but I hope and pray a good one. Everyone take care and I will be thinking about ya. YES, I WILL DO WATER TODAY!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #20  

Smile Good Morning Ladies...

...and Thank You!

I'm going to make a concerted effort to stop whining! I KNOW I can get back on track. I KNOW I can make good food choices. That I feel poopy otherwise isn't an excuse. I made a step by grocery shopping and getting some healthy stuff. I made a step by cooking something healthy two days in a row now, so I have it in the house. And this morning I got in 20 minutes on the Infernal Machine. (My elliptical trainer for those new to the thread!) Admittedly, working out didn't give me the boost I usually get from it, but I do feel proud of having accomplished it.

Angela: When it comes to dealing with parents, I have no advice to give as I lost both of mine quite young. But you have my good thoughts... : Thank you for the kind words. I know I've been a "controlled, calm, cool, collected Lilion" in the past...but I've also been a whining, scattered, tense, uncontrolled Lilion too...what can I say? I'm multifaceted!

Gotta go ladies. Hearings to hold. Decisions to write!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Morning ladies,

Geez, my legs are SORE this morning. This has to be from Monday night on the elliptical. Crikeys. Guess I need to do more stretching.

Lots to do at work today which is a good thing. I am so ready to get the phone call one way or the other on that other situation.

Angela - I love venting online too. You can say what you want but know that you don't have to look any of us in the eye and wonder what we're thinking! I love the anonimynity (I know I didn't spell that correctly). Remember Taming of the Shrew? Kill her with kindness when she gets like that. DH and I are both bullheaded and strongwilled and we butt heads regularly. We end up saying "I love you in spite of you being a mean " Just know that you're doing the best you can, that they things will happen with two people living in one house, and not let it bring you down.

Better run for now...........
Old 03-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Morning...lots of work to do...just popped in for a quickie...

I normally only update my ticker on Fridays, but...check it out.....
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #23  

WAY TO GO BARB!!!! You are doing awesome!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #24  

BARB!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Barb! Holy cow 239! Amazing and fantastic!!!!!! Pictures of the ring are a must see!!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Barb -- 101 pounds lost! Want me to put you on our biggest losers list? (See sticky!)
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - I'm so proud of you - not to mention happy - can't wait to join you!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

Thankyou! I feel great today! I am so proud of what I accomplished so far and can't wait to see how it feels to get another 65-70 pounds off this bod. I still have my goal weight set at 199 because when I started that's what I could wrap my head around. Now that I've gotten 100 pounds off I can visualize my ultimate goal which will be somewhere around 168-175.

Sometime next week my trainer is going to check my body fat, lean mass....to see where I am now. I can't wait to see the progress in those numbers.

I actually managed to get both the kids to bed tonight. Yay! I am going to use this little bit of time to go catch up on some things.

I'll chat with ya more soon!

Heather - Sure thing! I'd love to be on the biggest loser list!

Later chickies!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #29  

I had a really stressful day yesterday with the kids. THey were all 3 half sick and cranky and WILD!!! I made my mind up not to let it derail me.I ate according to plan even though i did lay down extra early last night. I didnt exercise but I will today.
I love the increase in my energy already!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful POP day!!
Oh we are suppost to get 2 in of snow today and monday was 79..
Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #30  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

YAY Barb!!!!!!!

DG, Penny, Lilion, Terri: Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Things are fine as long as I don't disagree with her, especially when she's being critical of others, or ask her to do anything she doesn't want to do. I know it's not the healthy thing to do, but I think it's my best strategy for now

DG: Have fun exercising. It is good, isn't it?

Lilion: You can whine if you want to! (You can leave your friends behind, cause your friends can't whine and if they can't whine well they're no friends of mine.)

Angela
Closed Thread