Old 03-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Back after long break

Hi everyone, I joined the forum when I found it a couple years ago. I thought I was ready then to change my life around and lose the weight, but that didn't work and I ended up gaining even more.

I come to lurk and read messages every so often, and I cannot say how much it means to have a place like this to go to. And not just for weight issues, either. I'm going through a pretty tough time right now and I popped over here and read some threads and you ladies are just so inspiring and so thoughtful in your posts that I always feel good after reading for awhile.

I've lost 28 pounds since December, and at first it wasn't on purpose. It seems that when I psyched myself up about it a long time ago and thought I was ready, the excitement didn't last and I went back to old habits. I was more excited at the thought of losing weight than the actual challenge and lifestyle change it was. Now, though, I can see changes in myself and it really helps to motivate me to be healthy.

Anyways, I really want to post here more often. I want to make friends and have people to talk to that understand what it's like to choose a lifestyle like this, and people to offer my own support to in any way that I can.

It's funny that sometimes bad things that happen can make you 'go back to basics' and think about what really matters to you and I feel like I woke up finally.

I just wanted to post and say how great I think you all are, and I can imagine that there's a LOT of other people that feel the same way but they might never get up the courage and post because they're shy, or a million other reasons. This site has changed my outlook in a lot of ways and I can't say enough what wonderful women I think you all are and how inspiring you've been to me, even when I've failed with my goals.
KatieBug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

28 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! I love this site, it helps me so very much. Welcome back!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back!! You can do it!! Please keep posting.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/330/180

Height: 5'9

Welcome back!!! I am a brand new member myself. Just learning how to work the site. I hope to meet ppl that can relate to the struggles and eventually be an inspiration to someone else starting this journey. I am also happy to have found a site like this.
goingdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! Keep going you rock! I agree 28 pounds is awesome!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote