Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #16  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hey Chicks! Had a good day! Did well on food except one chocolate chip cookie. Which I still consider an success since I use to just eat the whole bag! I did a new yoga dvd with dd this morning! Its one geared for the kid in you and is very primary colour and kid friendly. The 60 min go fast and holds her 5 year old attention! I was surprised. I think this makes a good work out. I am already feeling it. More than my workout at the gym. I wonder if that means the gym work out needs more intensity?

Carol - Glad you foot WAS feeling better. But honestly stay of it. It will take a while to heal! Have you done any epsom salt soaks? That usually helps get toxins out.

Vicki - Great news on the restaurant. That is exciting!

Catherine - Great job getting back OP.

Vamp - Great to meet you!

DC - great news on the clothes clear out!

Have a wonderful evening everyone! Hugs
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening ladies...

I am TBL this week?? ...I kinda feel funny cause I know most of it was from being sick..either way a loss is a loss!

I started back logging my calories..going to add them up tonight. Taylor it as I go.

HAS ANYONE READ THE BOOK THE SECRET? If so can you PM and tel me what ya thought?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Vicki – I would go to a BMI calculator site online. I haven’t checked mine in a long time, but I know that if you go to one, and put in your height & weight, it will give you your BMI, and tell you what category you fit into. (overweight, obese, morbidly obese).

Julia – Perhaps you need to just do something new at the gym? Work some new muscles, perhaps.

I’m up before 10am, and I’m shocked! I actually went to bed before midnight last night, and I’m feeling good. I’ve got so much work to get done. Hoping to get in a workout, but we’ll see.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #19  

morning ladies...

quick fly by...as I am running late this morning.

Does anyone know of a good site for tracking your daily calories that is user friendly??? thanks!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #20  

Cyn,

I'm using www.fitday.com

Hugs,
Rat
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

I'm still not up to par but, feeling better each day.

Vicki: Thanks for the compliments. You will get there. Just never give up. I still have such a long way to go. Congrats on the restaurant! That is so cool.

Rat: Enjoy the snow. I sure like it. We have been getting rain, rain and more rain which is washing away our record breaking snow into rivers on the roadways. lol.

Debi: Congrats to you on your daughter's wedding. I can't wait to see photos!

DCHound: Woo hoo to size 18!!!!

Vamp: Welcome back. Glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Kayley: Hopefully this week won't be quite as hectic.

Carol: Sorry that your weight is up a bit but, it will come back down. I'm sure a lot of it is from salty things and your foot being swollen. Hugs.

Julia: Hi there. Glad to see you.

Cyn: Congtats on being this week's biggest looser.

Well, I'm pretty well caught up now. I need to get moving towards the door. I am having a mineral makeup party this weekend and I am very excited about it. I haven't had a "girl" type party in years. I'm sure I will overkill on the food and snacks but I am so looking forward to it.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #22  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Just got back from the pool. It is really weird to be in the pool, and be able to look out the window and watch the snow fall. At least none of the sauna people ran outside to roll around in it. That would just let a cold breeze come through.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

feeling horrible and going to bed!! sore throat and body aches but no fever...just exhausted i think!!! Eating has been BAD!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #24  

Well, I got in a walk today. Decided not to trek to the gym, as it’s about 20 miles from my house, and since I have no classes today, I needed to save the gas. It was FREEZING (about 17 degrees), and so I only got in 25 mins, but glad I got out there.

I’m just watching The Biggest Loser, and enjoying the break from homework for a couple of hours.

Cyn – I use Fitday Pro. I used to use the free edition, but pro is definitely worth the money! You can track just EVERYTHING. Measurements, weight, food, exercise. EVERYTHING! And it’s very user friendly.

Annie – That sounds like a lot of fun! I hope it goes off without a hitch!

Dgramie – FEEL BETTER! *hugs*
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #25  

oevening chicks..

I am going to try fitday...see how that works. I ate taco bell today UGH!!!
But it is all learning right??

I am finally getting ober my cold/flu. Cant wait til I am done with the antibiotics. They give me stomach cramps.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went on fitday..LOVE IT!! BUT I had 3443 calories today goodness! BUT hey..lets me know where I need to go!!

Last edited by azcyn; 03-03-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Evening all,

Work was hectic today as usual. lol. I don't know if I told you guys or not but the company I work for has lost their contract with the state, just like last year except, the new company that won the contract is actually going ahead to transition and be completly in control by April 1st! So, none of us know if we will have a job after March 31st and if we do have a job who we will be working for because the company I am currently working for is fighting the decision in court and will not have a decision from the Judge until March 31st. I got a phone call today from the new company telling me they want to set up an interview with me next week sometime. They initially said they want the interview Friday during the day but we were already warned in a meeting last Friday that we can't under any circumstances meet with the new company for an interview during working hours. So, I had to tell remind them about the agreement then she said I can have an interview on Saturday at 11 a.m. and I told her that I have a party this Saturday so I can't do it then, So, I guess sometime this next week I will have an interview in the evening. lol.

It will be interesting to say the least to see what happens and it will be a last minute decision but in my head I am preparing to not be at my current employment anymore after 3/31. I will be able to collect unemployment benefits at least while I do more job searching.

Catherine: I alway find it so weird to swim while it snows outside. lol.

Debi: I hope you feel better soon. If you need to go see a Dr. right away. I waited for 3 weeks and am now taking so long to get better. Hugs to you.

Kayley: I wish you lived closer then you could come to my makeup party!

Hello to everyone else. Hugs to you.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #27  

Well, I wanted to pop in here before bed; I finally chose my topics for my research paper for Legal Ethics. Yay. One battle won. Haha.

So, I'm bummed that they're waiting until next week to show the results of the Biggest Loser! Ugh! Oh well. Heh.

AND! Another week of being OP & Exercising...and I GAINED A POUND! This is getting extremely frustrating. I'm hoping it's because my sodium was a bit high, and I'm coming off of TOM. Hopefully next week will be better. *sigh*

Cyn - Enjoy Fit Day! It definitely helps!

Annie - That would be awesome! I only use mineral makeup, as any other kinds break my skin out something terrible!

Oh man...at least you're preparing for the worst! That way, you'll be ready either way.

Last edited by kayleystar; 03-04-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #28  

Greetings peeps,

Wow Annie, it's like deja vu all over again with your work. Almost sounds like the people who do the contracting need to not have it up for bids so quickly. Maybe once every 5 years.

Kaylee, I also have been OP all week and the scale is refusing to move. It actually went up nearly a pound and I thought it was the salt as well. I know better than to put too much stock in weighing myself daily. Let's hang in there together. If both scales still won't cooperate by next week, I suggest we beat them with sledgehammers, ala Catherine smashing!

deb, hope you got some rest!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

Wow how can you gain 9lbs in just a few days?? I weighed this morning and the scales asked me to please get off..that i was to heavy and hurting them!! LOL I know its fluid but still!!!!!!!!
I went to sleep before 7pm and slept straight thru till 5 am. Didnt get up at all to use the bathroom.BAD SIGN!!!
I am feeling better this morning but still dont have my normal energy. I am back OP today..oatmeal for breakfast and salad for lunch. Not sure yet what dinner will be but i know it will be healthy and balanced and light!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Just popping in for a quick word. I wish I had more time to post regularly, you all are so wonderful. But there's only so many hours in a day and with three teens finding moments are few and far between. And I'm committed to always making time for excercise so something has to give.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to give my sincerest gratitude to each of you. My son is Book Wyrm and last month he competed in Academic Decathlon. This was unusual because he is a freshman and few in the 9th grade ever even get to compete. Not only did he compete, he was team leader and walked away with two silver medals. To medal at all is remarkable, the fact that he did it as a freshman is amazing.

I thank you all because when he competed last month, he was not the same child he was only a few months before. He was found a place here in the 300+ where he fits and doesn't have to provide explanations about himself. To have that as a teen is important. He feels obligated to himself and to you all to make sure he eats right and excercises. You are his team mates and he looks at our excercise thread as our competition and he refuses to have his team not meet their goal for the year. He's working hard to get under 300 by his birthday in May, that's a huge turning point for him. This is the first time he's believed this is possible.

So I thank you for all you have done and continue to do.

From the mother of our youngest rooster

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 03-04-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread