Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #46  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-Comfort carbs are hard for me too. I finally had to make a list of things that could not be in the house, ever.

I have a bunch of stuff today that I'm supposed to do, and I don't want to do any of it. When I'm really staying OP, I seem to have periods of extreme energy, and some days of fatigue. I think it is my body's way of dealing with stuff, so I have learned to listen to my body.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #47  

OMG, Catherine, you described me during my OP times... periods of great enthusiasm and energy and then.. *thump* falling down fatigue. To contrast this with my non-OP times: there is no enthusiasm or energy!

Warm blankie hugs and hot tea,
Rat
Old 02-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone...

I am new to this site and i need a little inspiration...

i am 20 years old and have ben 250-265 pounds for 3 years...

i have a heart condition called long QT syndrome.. which causes me to faint when i over exert my self in physical activity...

i also have and under active thyroid

I started going to the gym in the begining on january 09 and have been going 6 days a week since...

and i havent lost a pound.. in fact i have gained 5

i gave up carbonated drinks in december and most sweets(i have the occasional sweet when im stressed)

i have no CLUE as to what to eat that is healthy...

i am getting to the point where i am haveing nervous breakdowns because i am not getting anywhere...

i just dont know what to do to kick start my weight loss... i dont know where to start...

I dont have money to throw away on weight loss programs that arent garunteed to work...

i was really hoping some of you can help

Brieanna
Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #49  

Brieanna,

I would suggest you go to your primary care physician ASAP. Because of your medical conditions, you must proceed cautiously and with medical supervision. I'm surprised a gym allowed you to join without signing that you were medically able to work out.

Please let us know what the doc says.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 02-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #50  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

I am back after a longish MIA also. Hope everyone is getting healthy if they are sick, happy if they are sad, better if they have been worse. I am aiming that towards myself as well.

I got a position in the developmentally disabled workshop, a sub position for now but will be able to move into permenant part time when they have that opening. I worked there about 13 years ago but quit when my family needed me home. I am just happy to have a little job. Plus I got a big order for stuff that I make, some placemats and potholders for a gal who wants them for gifts. Also an order for a stuffed monkey toy from someone else. That will help put food on the table and gas in my tank.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 AM   #51  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good morning folks

It is a grey dreary day here at the moment but on the upside there is no rain. So hopefully if it says that way I will go for a walk later with DH.

Not much news to report of late but I am going to my sisters tomorrow so do not know if I will be able to post tomorrow. Not too sure how much my food will be on plan tomorrow but I will try and be good as possible.

Brieanna2020 to 3fc and this thread. Firstly take a deep breath and don't panic. Losing weight with a medical condition can be done it just takes time. Don't compare yourself to others and the speed they are appearing to lose weight. I can say these things as I have MS so exercising is not always possible so weight loss may not been as fast as some one who didn't have this. Like you I did not have the funds for joining weight loss programmes. So I have done it will the help of people here on 3fc, plus watching my portions and types of food I eat.

You say you do not know what to eat regarding food and what is healthy and what is not. Start with eating more vegetables, fruits, less meat and when you do have meat try and choose a white meat like chicken, turkey. In the mean time see if you can get an appointment with your doctor and explain that you wish to lose weight but you have no idea about what is an healthy diet. You may find they will put you in touch with a dietitian who will educate you.

As for exercise that is some you will have to discuss with your doctor who supervises your long QT syndrome. They maybe able to shed some light on safe activities you may participate in as Ratkitten also advised.

Time to go and wash the breakfast pots as I am head cook and bottle washer Oh for a bigger kitchen but my small kitchen I can not fit in a dish washer. So I remain head bottle washer for my sins Bye fellow chicks and take care

purpleorc
Old 02-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #52  

oooooo I hear ya purple! My kitchen is soooo tiny. When I renovated it top to bottom, I couldn't justify taking up precious cabinet space for a little dish washer. When I cook, I have to chase the golden retriever duo out so I can get from the sink to the counter to the stove.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #53  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hi there guys n gals, just a quick post, hope u are all having a good week I lost 4 pounds over last 2 weeks and now have lost 16 pounds since start of the year. Feeling better and clothes getting loose. Off out tonight for a social evening at work, should be fun Hugs to you all and wishing u well x x
Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone~~I can't believe it's been 8 days since I last posted. So much for my plan of posting every day. I am trying to figure out how to set 3FC as my homepage, but so far no such luck.

I'm doing okay as far as going to the gym is concerned, but food?! It's driving me crazy that I keep giving in and eating too much? Never mind just eating carbs, it's carbs that aren't good for me that I'm craving and shoveling in my mouth. Like chocolate. The other day I ate 5 of those little candy bars--2 kit kats, 2 reeses, and some other kind of reeses that had pecans and caramel. I was sick an hour later and I still don't know why I had that binge. Well, enough of my whining. I'll see you all later.

Vicki
Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #55  

Talking

Yay!! My boyfriend told me how to set this forum as my homepage so I should be able to post here much more.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Dolfin, yep, I get like that too. Great to see you back!!xxxxxx
Well I'm feeling a little better today, gotta go do the 'big' shop today...sigh....
Anyway I'm BACK OP AGAIN!!! And soon I'll be up to exercise, at the mo just going up the stairs leaves me gasping & wheezing (normally I NEVER get out of breath going up stairs, unless it's SEVERAL flights lol!!!)
xxxxxxxxsharon
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #57  

Hi everybody

Well I'm feeling strong right now and I'm posting here at 7:09 a.m. to keep myself feeling that way. I guess I'm the kind of girl who needs to feel like she's accountable and coming here and talking to all you does that for me.

Hi Sharon--thanks for the welcome back. I too get winded going up several flights of stairs at once. Which really STINKS at my gym because it's on the bottom floor in an old mill so when I leave I have to climb 3-4 flights of stairs. Why would they do that to people who are out of shape? I think they're masochists.

Emily May--congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great. Hope you had fun last night.

RatKitty and Purple Orc--I am also the head bottle washer in my home. :P I would love to have a dishwasher but to put one in would cause me to lose a lot of drawer space. We could put an island in the center of the floor with one in that, but you're talking about running a lot of pipes and stuff so I don't know if it would be worth it.

RatKitty--I guess I'm lucky because the dachsies are small enough where I don't have to kick them out of a room I'm working in. The only problem we have is when my bf vacuums, my brown baby Brandon chases the vacuum and attacks it.

Purple--have fun at your sisters and good luck staying OP.

ToniLight--It sounds like you are one of those creative people I am jealous of. I could probably handle making a place mat or a pot holder, but a stuffed monkey? Totally beyond me.

Congrats on the job. My mother works with mentally and physically handicapped adults in a group home. She's been doing that for over 15 years and loves it. Even though it's only a sub position right now, like you said, at least it's a job--which is a good thing in this economy.

Brieanna2020--First of all welcome to this site. This is a great group of ladies here who always make you feel welcome. I'll echo everyone else and tell you to go to your doctor. Good luck with finding an eating plan and an exercise you can do without hurting yourself.

Well that's all I can say for now. I have to get ready to go to work. It's snowing right now--we're in the middle of another winter storm so I'm going to leave early. I know I live in New England and that I shouldn't complain but...I really hate the snow. Have a great day ladies. I'll try to post after work to tell you if I was good today. I work in a restaurant so by the time I can eat it's usually around 4:00 p.m. and because I'm starving by that time I usually eat absolute crap. Okay, I'll talk to you all later.

Vicki
[/COLOR]
Old 03-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We got about 6 inches of beautiful snow yesterday - actually our first of the season so I watched it come down for awhile before venturing out in it. We have been so dry here the moisture was welcome.

I would say I am back to about 75% of my normal self. The infection is clearing up and swelling is going down. I was going to wait until Thursday to post on TBL thread but think since I still can today I will. It will be a big gain but is a starting point - not to mention nearly 10 pounds down from last Monday when we got home.

I am hoping to start some light exercise today too - the doc told me nothing for 2 weeks but I'm feeling the need to move. Maybe WATP 2 mile today. You know how it is when it is the first of the month - a new beginning - gotta start strong.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #59  

Good morning all,

All those up the US eastern seaboard are getting snow. The DC-MD area only got a dusting, but my family 5 hours south of me in NC are getting dumped on. My redneck carport is holding up... that's one of those portable type covers. It's collapsed 5x this season. No worries, I have duct tape and old pickets from my front fence!!

One full week of OP, and I even made a high protein crock pot recipe called Taco Soup. Not much soup to it, really. It could be stuffed in taco shells or torillas with your choice of shredded cheese or other condiments. I'll post it on the recipe thread.

Yay emilymay!! Keep up the great work!!

Dolf, I hear ya about keeping the momentum. I'm investigating some avenues to determine the "why's" of my emo candy eating. It's obviously not going away by just reading self-help books for me. RE: the vacuum: my parrot LOVES it and screams back at it. He's a goof.

Sharon, I went to do laundry in the basement and found myself winded. I find it very annoying that my fitness level decreases so rapidly!!! ugh. Cheers to all of us that struggling to get back OP!! And special hugs to those who are still in the throes of unhealthy eating.

GGG, I'm happy to hear you are healing rapidly. Remember that inflammation, especially as severe as you've had, causes water weight gain. So don't panic and think the scale and some indulgences on vacation is responsible for all your gain.

Hugs to all!
Rat
Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! It's a new month, and I wanted to encourage EVERYONE to post exercise minutes on the exercise thread! We are trying something very ambitious... in 2007 the 300+ group exercised over 205,000 minutes, and now we are trying to break that goal.

There's no special sign up, no commitment (but if you want to set a goal, that's great). Just come and add your exercise minutes to the group's! And help us achieve this big task!!!!! It's going to be hard for us to achieve!!
Closed Thread