Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Carol, Definitely soak up some sun and bring it back with you too! We got snow last night and I am getting pretty tired of it. I know, and I am thinking of moving more north! Crazy right. We will see. Yes, you definitely need this cruise and it could not have come at a better time! Forget about work! That is an order!

dgramie, I hope you are feeling better!

Well, not sure what the day has in store. Daughter wants to go prom dress shopping. WooHoo for me. Younger daughter wants to stay home and thinks she should be able to by herself. I am not ready for that one to happen. Well, I guess I better get my day started and get moving. Go get some water and drink, drink, drink!
All have a great weekend! Penny
Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Had a great visit with my dd.Its so weird to think she will be married in 2 weeks.
Hubby and I get to babysit our precious granddaughter tonight for the 1st time.She is growing up so fast and is already 4 months old. WE are loving our special time with her!!
I had a good loss this week,3.8 lbs. To bad 3 lbs are the ones i gained last week!! I know a loss is a loss!!
My sinus issues are better.I got some nasal spray that is really helping.
I ate to much today but will be back at it in the morning.
hugs to all
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #33  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Had a bit of a rough weekend. Yesterday I gave in to a binge impulse. There's no doubt about it, the binging has always been a response to stress, and even though I was thinking "This is not the right thing to do," I couldn't think of any other way to deal with it. Pretty sad, huh? I guess I really do need to get into therapy--that's a pretty lame thing, to not be able to come up with a single healthy coping strategy.

But I keep trying, and I will keep at it.

dgramie--What's your niece do here in Chuckvegas? Work at the university by any chance? Maybe we know each other... it's a smaaaallllll town
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

good morning,
well, yes we did end up going prom dress shopping and some were tried on but were way out of our price range. Good golly they are rediculous in price. Especially for only wearing them a few hours 1 time!!!! How dare she have to wear it twice! So we did not come home with any. My sister called and her husband had training for work this way. YEAH! So I met up with her and she went with us. That was really nice and then she spent the night with me and we will have most of today as well. Which yes, . . . . . that meant that I wasn't going up to see hubby this weekend. I told him he could come here. He had to work yesterday and then has an appt Monday morning so to him driving home for a few hours because the rest would be sleeping didn't make much sense. I would like just a few hours. So I will enjoy my sister doing things and see hubby next weekend. Girls are off school Monday, so not sure what the plan is for that day. Well, I better keep moving while all are asleep. Hope today is as beautiful outside as yesterday was! Penny
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Morning ladies,

I'm trying to whip up some enthusiasm for doing something. However, the house is so quiet, I'm afraid to move from my chair. Not sure why the dogs are all back asleep other than being kicked outside for 3 hours at midnight for Dixie's barking.

We had a good day yesterday. Very mellow. DH made breakfast while I worked on washing dog beds and other housecleaning. He took me to the fitness center so I could get in time on the elliptical. Then we took a country drive and wound our way into another town so I could go to the Russell Stovers outlet store. Not that was a burning thing on my brain; but it was his for Valentine's Day. I guess because its getting harder for him to get around in stores by himself. I admit that for lunch, we had Blue Bell ice creams cones from the RS store. Then the long way home with both of us listening to different audiobooks.

The dogs and I made six trips around the place for a good 45 minute walk before it got dark. They were pretty mellow pups last night too.

For today, I'm debating about what to do. Today, is my 60 minutes of steady cardio day so I'm deciding between walking outside or a 5K on the treadmill at the fitness center. Maybe both.

I'm off to do some studying which I am behind on. to all!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

Don't forget to post your weights today, ladies!!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #37  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

It's been a good, busy, exhausting weekend here. Yesterday was a play date with our local adoption group - the boys played hard and had a blast. Then we moved our family room furniture around to see if we could make it work with a new couch I was eyeing - after than we bought the new couch and a kitchen table set. I'm excited for some new stuff...it will be like a new house - we have an open kitchen/family room and that's where I spend most of my time. By the time we did all that along with lunch it was 8pm and we finally sat down for dinner. Oh - I did go to the gym in the midst of all that! We all slept well last night. The boys actually slept until 8:30! That's a minor miracle around here!!!

Today I've been organizing. I decided to tackle the 1,030,389 toys that we have! I went through the various rooms matching up pieces and sorting stuff. I haven't touched the basement yet - that's a whole other story. Then I hit the gym while the boys napped and after that went through the kid's closets. I'm feeling farily accomplished. Tomorrow we have the day off and the boys will be in daycare so I am going to finish stuff around the house and shop for Jackson's Bday..he will be TWO on Thursday!

I'm pretty much just rambling now. DH just declared he wanted Chinese food for dinner. I told him not to get me anything. I have some Trader Joe's Chinese food in the freezer. I'd rather cook some of that with a nice salad so I can control the calories. I've had a perfectly on plan day and I want to keep it that way!

I think I'll take advantage of a fairly quiet moment (only one kiddo here with me) and watch a lil TV with my buddy.

Have a great evening!!!
Barb
Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi again,

I'm here to report that I did both types of walking today. I went to the fitness center and did my 60 minutes of endurance cardio on the treadmill. I walked a 5k in 61:33 minutes. I'm resting now from having just walked the dogs around the place. They love it and its a good energy burner for them. Now I am going to finish laundry and feed the hounds.

Barb - Sounds like you've had a very lovely weekend. I'm cleaning things out too. I've been selling things on Ebay. I love seeing things leave the house!

all!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP! New week, new thread!
Closed Thread