Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I usually don't post on this thread, I don't know why really, guess I feel like I've gotten to the movie and it's already half over. Anyway, I noticed that on the excercise thread it was commented that we seem a bit down this week. Partially that is because of myself and my son (Book Wyrm).
Like they say, when it rains, it pours. I'm FINALLY over quite a monster of a stomach bug, I think it was food poisoning but since I don't have a degree I guess I can't truly say. I haven't been able to excercise because ANY movement caused a mad dash to the bano, if I could count that time as running I'd be all set.
For those of you who don't know, and since my son will NEVER read this thread, I know I'm safe. Book Wyrm is my fourteen year old son. He's amazing. He's a 6 foot 1 gentle giant who feels comfortable here in the 300+. He didn't think he would but know feels like he belongs and this is the most success he's ever had. Anyways, this week he's practicing for the Academic Decathalon State competition here in Tennessee. He's the first freshman to ever compete in the history of our county and infact he is team leader. He's a genuis, don't know quite where it got it all from but he's Albert Einstein smart. As part of the competition, he has to give a speech. For him this was worse than death. But he's actually doing great, he was surprised, so was I but I believe part of what is helping him is 3FC. He stepped out of his comfort zone to do this and you have all been wonderfully supportive. I can't thank you enough. He's been working hard all week for a trial run they had last night and after it was over, he commented how he can't wait to get back to excercising tonight. He misses it, that's an amazing turn of events in his life and in his view of himself.
I am grateful to you all.
So we'll be back on the excercise thread, working hard after defeating the first of many obstacles.

THANK YOU
Faith
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Oh my, ladies. I am so ill. I haven't been this sick in a long time. I don't like missing class, and I ended up leaving before my evening class tonight. I can't keep anything down, so my weigh-in will probably be quite a bit down this week. Heh. Of course, that probably means I'll see a slight gain next weigh-in, but that's alright.

I hope you are all having a nice Friday!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #78  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Faith - Very exciting for your son!

Kayley - Hope your feeling better darling! Hugs!

Had a nasty case of the munchies tonight! We have a vareity store in out apt building. I struggled not going down to grab naughty stuff to eat. They close at 10pm and I made it! Kept sucking back the water and a bowl of frozen grapes. Yay me!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Julia-I got a kick out of him because he hasn't read this thread. He posted his excercise minutes and commented on Academic Decathalon to let everyone know what's going on. And then excercised some more tonight. Question for you? Frozen Grapes? I've never done that, I'm curious????

Kayley-If it's that stomach bug, may the energy of the universe help you. Knocked me on my behind for three days!!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #80  
Freedom in living

Yep its refreshing and slows down eating them cause you suck on the grape and enjoy the flavour. So you can let them melt in your mouth or if you need a crunch go ahead and chew! Make sure they are seedless!

Has he checked out the new guys thread?

Last edited by JuliaDH; 02-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Ladies,

Yep, it’s me. I’m BAAAACK! :::smile:::

Sorry I’ve been MIA. Work has been brutal and I’ve been working LOTS these days. My update:

* I have slipped a bit. Haven’t worked out since Jan 13th.

* Realized that I am REALLY scared to lose weight. The almost-20-pounds lost so far are scaring the daylights out of me. I am blessed to have a therapist who will help me work on that. Had a meeting with her this week and she was super helpful.

* Signed up to walk the Breast Cancer Three Day walk in San Francisco this October. That is the walk where you walk 20 miles a day, three days in a row. I have 7.5 months to train for it. I start bright and early tomorrow morning. Before the actual walk starts, I would have walked 900 miles during training. How exciting is that?!?!?

* I joined a gym called “Planet Fitness.” I think I will be VERY comfortable there as a large girl.

* I have a kitten! His name is Beloved and I’m in love with him. He’s very loving and shadows me everywhere. I am so happy that he’s with me. I have missed living with a cat and this little fellow is just what the doctor ordered.

* I’ve continued to struggle with my depression but I have to tell you I feel much, much better than I have in months. So, I have hope.

That is my update. I promise to return here frequently and keep you updated as to my progress.

I’ve missed you gals. I’m glad to be back.

Cheers!

Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #82  
Freedom in living

Mimi - So glad to see you! Crazy how busy life gets. You have done well. As for the fear to lose weight. I can relate as I fear failing & I feear what success would bring! Odd eh? Have a great weekend. Hope to see you around more!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #83  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]
Sorry that I haven't posted for a couple of days. I have been very busy clearing out my bedroom and getting rid of the junk that I've kept for years! I'm at my father's for the weekend so I hope to get my bedroom finished when I come back home. It is finished but I need to box up the things that to be taken up to the attic, such as books and old teddies when I was little.

gggirls
I know what you mean because it's exactly the same. People would be like 'Ha, how long until she gives up?' so I don't want to tell anyone impersonal because I am serious about losing weight.

Annie
I'm careful with the ice outside so I haven't slipped. Don't worry about my mam because she hasn't been out. She's not feeling very well at the moment.

kayleystar
Yep, we have to start preparing from an early age so we would do well in our GCSEs, then A-levels, in order to get the right qualifications for university entry. I haven't been to school all week because of the snow. How awesome is that?! :]

JuliaDH
There's still some snow here although it's expected that there's more to come! It's very rare for the UK to be snowed in, let alone a week. I have always seen Cananda as a snowy place so I'm sure it looks lovely when you're snowed in! Me and my boyfriend hopes to go to the captial city of Canada some day and visit the big waterfall, forgot the name but it's something like Niagra. :]

Sorry if I've missed anyone else, I'm very tired at the moment!

Beth

xx
Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

kayley - I hope you feel better! I hate being sick. Funny, I used to like being sick when I was a teen. That meant a day off from my life lol. Now I absolutely find it a drag *HUGS.* The work that I do is freelance design (web, graphic) as well as illustration and web development.

Julia - The rest of the week was okay. I think this month I just got hit with the emotional side of TOM. Very negative and just hard to get past. It is like I can't even get myself to exercise. I seem better today, so I'll probably be making myself go out and exercise tomorrow. It is one of those things that I don't understand why I feel the way I do so it bothers me greatly. Though I'm wanting to exercise now lol. I should just go out for a walk or something.

I hope everyone is well or at least getting well. Also hope everyone has their power back and are keeping warm!

I've been trying to keep myself busy, not doing that well with eating responsibly, but meh lol.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie: What a fantastic idea to meet in the middle. I bet it would only be a few hours for each of us. I can't wait for the big melt so we can do that!!!

Merksie: Nice to see you back sweetie. Great job getting back on track too.

Kayley: I am so sorry your sick but sooooo proud of you for passing up the Taco Bell. What a wonderful NSV!!!

Jilly: oops. lol. I must have misread your post. lol. I hear ya on muscles. I love, love the way my arms look on top. Not the flappy skin underneath but my muscles are really defined and I love it. Push ups baby. I want to reccommend the Jillian Michaels DVD's "Front Side" and "Back Side" they are amazing and you can do them right in your living room.

Carol: Hugs. I know as hard as it is for those of us getting laid off it must be equally hard on the one that is so sweet and loving like yourself that has to do it. Hugs again sweetie. Hang in there and just dream about the sunshine.Yep, Joel did say I am the fit one now. lol.

Ally: Woo hoo for your new phone!!

Jacquie: Feel better very soon.

Julia: Sorry about plantar's fasciatis. I had that before and it is so painful. Hugs to you on it. NOpe, I didn't get to exercise. Not yet. Hopefully soon.

DC: I love that dream it and see it and it will come.

Faith: Thank you for sharing about bookwyrm. That is so wonderful.

Mimi: Welcome back. I have been praying for you daily and love to see you back. Glad that you got a kitty to love.

Beth: Please hug your mom for me and tell her hello and I love her. Take care of yourself sweetie.

Well, got lots to do today so I better get a move on. It is already 9:15 a.m.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Carol, aw, sorry to hear you have to be involved in layoffs. That's gotta be so emotionally draining for you. I'm sure when the vacation is within a couple days, you'll get the vaca euphoria going again. Take care my friend. Get your butt to those classes!!! You've done so well and I'm in awe of you doing a public 5K!!

Ally, we got the little varmits running around too and yep, definitely the little pest are looking for warmth. We even get their big brothers, foot long rats!!!! Thankfully they have been just under the house and outside but stil it's icky just knowing their that close.

Julia, thanks for the website, I'm gonna have to check it out after I get done doing personals. Yes, the gum really helps! I should of done that months ago. Hope your heel starts to feeling better. Definitely invest in the better shoes. We went to Reebok and got two pair for about 60 bucks. They were having a great sale and even got a 40% off next pair. It's like walking on clouds after having Walmart tennys for 10 bucks.

kayley, hope your feeling better today. It sucks getting sick!!

Faith, the best of luck to your dear son!!! I hope he is the winner!

Mimi!! so glad to see you back. Beloved sounds adorable!! I know how you feel about the weight loss scaring you. I think I as well as many here suffer from it. I'm glad you're getting help for coping with it.

Hi Beth, glad to hear from you!

Annie, yes, it would be so fun!! And like you said, only a couple hours for both of us. I'm really looking forward to meeting you and we're getting the Explorer all ready for traveling with wheel alignments and new tires...so we're ready!

We got our income tax money so we're getting things caught up and work done on both of the vehicles so that's a big relief just getting that done. It's not major work, but sitll it's gotta be done. We went to karaoke last night and I tried this new drink called a "fudgesicle" O my gosh, it tastes like the real thing. I'm sure it had tons of calories,(normally I drink water or diet coke) but these looked so good!! Today I'm drinking extra water to flush out as much as I can. I'm still struggling, but I'm doing more exercise but it seems to crank up the appetite too. How do you deal with it?
Toodles
Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #87  

Height: 5'7"

hello ladies,

I posted a gain of 3lbs for the 2 week period. I think some of it is Tom and some is from not eating just right. I am on a break...just going to try and maintain till after the wedding( got this advice from a dear friend,Thanks Carol).
I do have good news to report.I have all the table runners finished and will be starting the pew scarfs tommorow. Hoping to finish them up by the end of the week and send them back with my daughter next weekend.
I am to far behind to even try and catch up...but know each and everyone of you are in my thoughts.
hugs and drink your water(me too)
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #88  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Toni, you are so talented! I love that tshirt! Yay for basset rescue.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

Hi Ladies,
Almost forgot to remind you all to remember to post your weight by the end of the day! Good luck!

Debbie
Old 02-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

Well Arizona is getting a really nasty winter storm..I was suppose to go up North to deliver SP stuff and it is snowing. I do not know how to drive in the snow..so i called all the girls to let them know that tomorrow I am mailing it. It takes about 2-3 days to get to them. I only had one girl that was sort of snobby about it. i told her it will be there by Vday..not to worry. She said what if it is not,,I said that I have never had a problem with it. I totally understand where she is coming from, but at the same time I am not going to get up there and Lord only knows what happens and end up dead or in asnow drift.

Weightloss ahs taken a back seat in my life..and I am so not liking it. Maybe it is doing SP, maybe its alot of things. I did not ahve TOM last month..and this month haven't seen him either BUT I am getting the cramping and bloating. Also I feel really depressed again. I can't pin point what it is...I remember being in my 20's it was not this bad. My life was different then too. Kids were younger..grandparents were alive..i was thinner.. Do you all ever get to the point where you feel like..this is it..like the life you have at this very moment is all there is? Not saying my life is that bad..I know people whos are worse. Maybe the hormones talking...maybe I need a vacation lol
Closed Thread