Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

DCHound, I think what you explained is just beautiful You've realized a dream and you're making it come true. I wish you all the best! Now I hope I can learn to do the same thing and love myself too.

Lorrie, the gratitude journal sounds interesting. What kind of things do you put in it? Congrats on being a real member now!!
I'm so glad you joined our thread. We love newbies!! I'm sorry you had to endure that at the perfume counter, but I'm so glad that you told the manager. That salesperson should have to be accountable for their actions.
Take care of that knee!

kayley, yes, the gum helped ALOT last night!!! Plus I started taking my Metformin again, and it seems to help take the edge off too. I really like the Wii Fit. It's fun to do all the different types of exercise. I actually did the jogging for 4 minutes yesterday which is pretty good for me. I hope it keeps adding minutes all the time. I haven't done too much of the strength training, I hate getting down on the floor to do things. It's just too darn hard to get back up!!

Ally, O NO!!! A mouse? Thank goodness hubby was home to take care of it.

Jill, how cute to take the pups to a playdate. You gotta take pics!! I hope you can find something that will work for you on birth control after WLS. Those cysts can be very painful from what I hear.

Annie, we just have to meet someplace in the middle!! It would be so much fun! Can't wait! Expecting more snow so get ready.

DCHound and Toni, I loooooooooooove bassetts too!! I think our next dog will be one. I just love their cute looks!

I got up to over 8000 steps yesterday. I did Wii Fit, treadmill and walked around the mall. Felt good and surprised myself on how fast they add up. I even jogged for 4 minutes which I could NEVER do before. Just adding a bit at a times adds up so I'm getting pretty proud of myself. LOL
Have a great day and drink the water!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 364/352/250

Height: 5'8"

Wow, DC, I see so much of myself in that picture!

Ladies, I have exciting news. I've lost (over) my first ten lbs!! WOOO! I celebrated by doing 5 extra minutes on the elliptical today.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #63  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Now that is how to celebrate! Good for you!!!

Debbie, thank you for thinking of adopting a basset. When you are ready would you consider going through basset rescue to get yours? There are so many wonderful bassets out there that need good homes. You should be able to google "basset rescue" and your state and find your local rescue organization.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #64  
started 1/28/08

Hi everyone, and thanks for the welcome back!

Not much new here to report so far . . . have been on track this week with journaling & have been working out at the gym because it's been COLD.

Jill - congrats on your surgery date!

Annie - glad your PT is working . . . sure you'll be back to your losing ways once you're able to exercise again.

Accountess - sorry you had to encounter such b*tches, but CONGRATS on dropping the two dress sizes!

DCHound - all I can say is WOW! 100 lbs in 6 months is fantastic and your story about your motivation is very inspiring.

Rosie - congrats on the first 10, and on finding your doctor.

Jacquie - I'm a walker too - but I'm seriously impressed with your getting out there at 5:40 am, especially given the weather we've been having!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I made it to the gym today. I got up at 5:30 this morning, and ended up laying back down at 8:30, and was going to get up at around 10, to head to the gym to do my cardio class. But I ended up sleeping until 1pm! Yikes. Luckily, my class wasn’t until 6pm this evening. I was going to skip the gym, but ended up going anyhow.

I did 30 minutes of strength training, and was going to do half an hour of cardio, but I was so exhausted, so I just did 15 minutes. Still better than nothing. I’ve got to build up my tolerance again. I’m so sore tonight, so I’m not 100% sure if I’ll go tomorrow. We shall see.

I’m really proud of myself. The last two nights, I have been STARVING when I was heading home, and I avoided the BIG temptation of hitting up taco bell for a couple of tacos, and driving the 40 minutes home to eat there. That’s a big NSV for me, because usually I would make excuses, and budget it into my points for the night, but I didn’t. Yay! Heh.

Time to get started on some homework. So glad it’s Friday tomorrow!!

Keeperofthehome - Oh man, aren’t those just the BEST surprises?! Lol…our cats like to do that as well. Ugh.

Jill
– Hope all goes well at your appointment tomorrow. Those gyn appointments always freak me out a bit, and it’s kind of a phobia I have. I haven’t been in 3 years, and I have insurance again, so unfortunately, it’s about time to make that call. *sigh* Sounds like it’ll be a good day for your doggie’s playgroup. Corgies are so cute!!! Ahhh!

Annie – Hope you had a great day!!

DCHound – I wish you much luck staying on Atkins in the long run! I did my own kind of version between Atkins & South Beach when I signed up for this site. I lost 75 lbs very quickly, but couldn’t stay on it. So I give major props to anyone that stays on it for an extended period of time.

Debbie – I hear you! I do the weight machines at the gym, because I don’t care for lifting weights on the floor/on the pad that they have set up by each set of weights. Eventually, once I lose weight, perhaps, but the weight machines really help with toning.

Rosie – CONGRATS!!!! Here’s to even more lbs melting off!

Merksie – I may have missed your ‘come back’ post, but WELCOME BACK!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

DCHound, I will definitely do that when we get ready to adopt one! Thanks for the idea. I was going to check into our local humane society too. It won't be for quite some time though. Our Sadie doesn't take to new dogs very well so for right now, she's going to be an only furbaby, except for the kitties.

Ria, I must of missed your return but welcome back!!

kayley, I've been doing push ups off of the back of the couch. They must be working cuz my arms are sore. I figure once I lose more weight, I 'll get down on the floor too. ..ugh!

Have a great night ladies!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #67  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Annie, heh, no, I have a gyn (gynecologist) appointment--not going to a gym! I think I am allergic to sweating But I do know how important exercise is, with or without surgery. I don't want to be a lighter sack of flab--I want some muscles, baby!

DCHound, ugh, those "just one bite won't hurt" moments are killers for sure! For me, though, it's usually more like just one meal or just one milkshake or just one day...

Debbie, congrats on the jogging! I ahve had many friends who enjoy running, and yet I maintain strongly that the only reason for me to ever run is if I'm being chased

Rosie, congrats on the -10+!!!

Kayley, believe me, I wouldn't be going to the gyn if I didn't have to! But I need the prescription birth control to keep my cysts at bay. For after surgery, I keep getting suggestions like get a diaphragm, use condoms, etc., but that ain't gonna help the cysts!

As for me, my head hurts. And I'm off to a lovely gynecologist appointment. yippee.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

I posted the quick dinner recipe on the 300+ recipe page. It was quick, good and healthy. I made a note that I think next time I will grill an extra pork chop to use in it. I made it with shrimp the other night. Definitely fast!

I am in some kind of a funk here my friends. I skipped exercise class again last night. I came home and took a nap instead. I am exhausted emotionally it seems. I think it has finally caught up with me work wise. I have been very involved in the lay offs - helping decide who goes and who stays. One of the many down sides of management. I can't even find the vacation excitement - 7 days from now we will be in the warmth of the Florida sun getting ready to head to the Caribbean. Gotta find it somewhere.

Today is a nice warm up here so I WILL get the pups and head to the park for a nice long walk - we can all use it. DH has put some weight on his normally "average" build since he quit smoking at the first of the year. We'll see if we can't drag him along. He signed up to do my first public 5K in April and is afraid he can't make it - that did make me laugh - he thinks I'm the fit one??? Annie - I remember you saying something about Joel very similar.

That's it for me - keep up the great work.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

So glad it is Friday I had trouble with therapist yesterday so was in a bad mood. My sweet husband took me to radio shack and told me to pick out a cell phone. WE'd been talking about getting one just wasn't sure when. I got the Samsung A767 Propel - Blue I LOVE IT. I'm already addicted to texting lol will help with not eating at night. Not much going on today here still laundry from power being out. I need to excerise as well before my girls doctor's appts. Hoping to get a Wii soon and the fit as well. My cat caught two more last night. I hate winter cause they come in so gross. Gonna clean clean clean just don't feel clean with them in the house. Mike is gonna find out where they are coming in at we think under the stove and he is gonna plug it up.

kayleystar~ Good job
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies. TOM is finally here and I feel very "blah" right now. Just struggling with the usual things as I do. I heard back for my health insurance and have to send a check in, which I am doing today. I hope I can then get to a doctor later on this month and start that process. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help for the depression and other things I experience.

I hope everyone is well. I've been lurking a bit the past two days and not very talkative lol. I guess I get that way when TOM comes a knockin'.

Hope everyone is good. *HUGS* This is just a quick note, I'm working on a few things for a new freelance gig I have.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #71  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Wow this week has flowen by. I am doing my happy its friday dance!

Jacquie - How has the rest of your week gone? You can kick TOM's butt! Remember in health class they claim exercise will make you feel better...get in some kickboxing! LOL

Beth - Did you get yourself dugout of all that snow? We have had over 150 cm this winter and we still have the rest of Feb, Mar & Yes we still get snow in April! Have only told a few people too about my weight loss. I am progressing so slowly I think that they think I am not working on it anymore! I will just keep it that way.

PurpleOrc - My DH noticed the weight loss first too. He says that he can hold me closer. Then he complained that the bra was looking alittle empty! LOL

Kayleystar - Would love to add some exciting colour to my hair. But I dont think I can pull it off. I have always been a little adventurous. But I have been feeling kinda locked into conservative mommy of 3 image. Dont really like it. But maybe I can get some clip in colour extentions to play with? Good job on getting your workouts in.

Debi - Strange that it took red cross so long to get there. Could they not helicopter in help? Have you slept any better in the last few nights? Everything will work out for the wedding! I agree that you should focus on maintaning until the wedding is over. It will be less stressful! Glad your brother is healing!

Jilly - The count down is on! Praying that everything goes as planned in the next few weeks. Get your rest, stay away from people with colds etc. Sound like our cats were soulsisters! Doggie play groups that is so cool! The best we have is the fenced in dog run/park.

Debbie - I found a website that gives advise to us thin, fine haired people. Gonna print this out and take it to the stylist with me. http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip109.htm Glad you got your ring! Great success on your steps too! Gum gum with flavour flavour! My lifesaver!

Accounttess - Sorry about the rude people. I tend to ignore people who act like this to me or anyone. Sometimes being hard of hearing helps too! I can use the selective hearing mode!

Cyn - You go girl on your parties. I dabble a little with Mary Kay. Love it. But hard to do when always needing a sitter for the kids cause DH is on the road. Will work harder on it when the kids are in school full time.

Annie - Hope your hips are feeling better. How is work going? And were you able to get some cycling in?

Brandnew - Hope your knee & leg are healing.

Sharon - Hope yourfeeling better too!

Ally - Glad you had a mini loss during your struggle to stay warm! A mouse in bedroom? Dont ya just enjoy the love gifts your felines bring you? Mine use to leave moles under my bedroom window. One morning she had brought me 3 & a rabbit. Or she would catch something just to play with and when it finally died she would lose interest.

DCHound - Wow. That is awesome. I wish that I could stay as focused as you have. How do you stay focused with all the distactions of life? Ok read your post explaining it. Thank you for that peek into your heart! You have given me goosebumps! I particularly like the reminder "And to cheat would make my journey take longer than it needs to" I am going to keep that upfront & focus on the shortest route from point A to B. I love hounds. We have a little beagle. He is such a baby. Thinks he is a lap dog!

Carol - I try not to use the word diet. I usually use it to refer to "consumption" For example "I have ADDED multi vits & fish oil to my daily diet." So I use diet in an positive addition. But when I refer to a loss or somthing I have taken away as its not in my plan. Not sure I am making sense. I still try say "released". Thanks for posting the recipe! I can empathize with how hard it must be to have to layoff people. Will be praying for ya! Maybe we can all cheer you on and get you pumped for holidays.

Lorrie7 - I am glad that you have decided to to lurk! I really need to keep my journal up. I find I slip and cheat/get off track if I dont keep my food/emotion/gratitude actually everything journal up to date. Yahoo for tickers!

Rosie - Congrats on your 10 lb victory!

Ria - Great job on being on track this week! Cant rembember are you the lady who had success with walking to her husbands work last summer?

So this is going to turn out to be a loooong post. But I guess that is what happens when I save all the personals for several days! Still doing my happy dance. Gonna get some work done! And gonna amend and evaluate my goals! Much easier to do with the new year resolutionism has faded away. I can make more honest commitments then! Having issues with my left heel. Looks like I have a case of plantar fascitis. So I need to budget for some better quality shoes. Been doing the streaches for my foot and cold packs to help reduce the inflamation. Anyways...Have a great day and weekend if I dont make it back till Monday with another huge list of personals! Hugs & Desire for success to you all! Seize the day!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Last night, I kept tossing and turning for about 4 hours. I just could NOT fall asleep. And I woke up this morning, not being able to keep anything down, and feeling overall sick. Unfortunately, I have to be up at school from 11:30am-8:30pm. I don’t like to miss class unless I’m like deathly ill. I can’t afford to miss even a class, nor do I want to. Hopefully, this sick feeling will go away with time.

Some personals for now, and I’ll check in during my 5 hour break between classes.

Debbie – Pushups are a great way to tone! I like to do them when I get the chance to, but on an exercise ball. Same with situps.

Jill – Hope your appointment goes well!

Carol – I hope you are able to de-stress, and get ready to enjoy your vacation.

Ally – Sounds like a busy day for you! Those stupid mice come in under our stove as well. I hate finding those little ‘gifts’. They aren’t so bad when they’re alive….but ugh.

Jacquie – What kind of work do you do?

Julia – Clip in extensions are fun and easy….and the best part is that they come right out, so no permanent color! Right now, I’m not working, so I figured I’d take the opportunity to have fun hair again. Haven’t in several years. I think I’m going to go blue next. Perhaps. Lol. Yikes! That does NOT sound pleasant. I hope that the inflammation goes away, and you are able to get some new shoes….STAT! Take care, and have a great weekend!

Last edited by kayleystar; 02-06-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

JuliaDH~ Yes she brought it into my room. So not a nice thing to do lol.

Jacquie668 ~ Feel for ya TOM is no fun. I had mine during the power outage that sucked.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #74  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Good morning ladies.

Quote:
How do you stay focused with all the distractions of life?
See, the thing is, back when I took psychology in college (1,000 years ago ~ actually more like 22 years ago) one thing that really stuck with me was, your subconscious mind cannot distinguish between reality and really deeply felt dreams/fantasies/visualizations. I spent really most of 2007 - early 2008 dreaming/fantasizing about/visualizing myself back into a size 14, and smaller. So when I finally embarked on this journey in August I was already there mentally.

I spend some time each day visualizing what my life will be like when I shed all this weight, and it really helps me stay focused, calm, peaceful, sane, positive and committed. Yeah I get impatient sometimes but I just remind myself to stay positive and committed and I'll get there. I WILL get there. In fact I'm already there ~ my body just hasn't quite caught up yet.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #75  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

DCHound, I second the "Hooray for Basset Rescue Organizations". I have worked with them here in Montana, mainly as a designer. I have had my first basset, Flash, immortalized on the Montana Basset Rescue t-shirts. Here is a link to see a pic of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toni_s/529008085/
Closed Thread