Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,

Carol, yup, been writing everything down and doing at least 5000 steps a day and drinking water. I saw a little movement today but not anything to get excited about. Maybe by Friday.
How's your day going?

Beth, I was out of the 300's last year and got all the way down to 275 and then started eating way too much again. You're right though, I'm almost out of the 300's again, just a few more pounds. Don't worry, I won't give up. I'm so glad you had another great weight loss this week! Good for you!!

Kayley, YAY for headin' back to the gym. You're going to feel so much better. I can't wait to hear how you well you do when you start working out again.

Catherine, wow, those workouts sound like they really get your muscles tired. Good for you that you can keep up, I probably would of passed out after the first 5 minutes. LOL. Have fun with the paper, don't work too hard.

Rosie, EXERCISE!!!!! LOL, the housework will always be there but the will to exercise is not.

Hi Accounttess, welcome and we can't wait to get to know you.

Today has been a lazy day but I still plan on getting over 5000 steps in. I'm shooting for 6000 actually. We got our electric bill yesterday and for 1 month it was over 300 bucks. So we have to turn the thermostat back down to 64. It's sooooo cold and I sit here in sweats, long sleeve shirt and sweat shirt. BRRRRR! That's the only down side of the winter, otherwise I love it.
Today we saw over 10 eagles just sitting in the trees around us. We still have the llama wandering around too and a young coyote running thru the back yard. It's so nice to see all the wild life, well, the llama is hardly wild.
Have a great night ladies!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

I missed you all. lol. I quit Netflix and am just working the 40 hour a week job. It was just too much for me on Tuesdays. I was up from 2:30 a.m. until about 9 p.m. and I just couldn't do it. I feel so much better not working the two jobs already and it has only been one day. lol.

Debi: Happy anniversary to your weight loss journey. HUGS.

Jilly:if you are still lurking. Hugs. Everyone means well and I just know how bad it makes you feel that there seems to be no support if you choose something that others don't agree with. I don't think that is the case. I just think that everyone wants you to know all the possiblilities and would feel badly if something horrid happened to you and they didin't warn you. If I didn't have WLS I would probably be in a wheel chair if not worse. It helped give me a tool that I needed to save my life. It can be very dangerous but so is obesity. You are right about pretty much curing diabetes. So much so that they are trying to figure out how to do the op tweaked a bit for people who don't have to lose weight but do suffer from diabetes. I know that a few weeks back someone came on here all excited about a program that she was starting and another poster told her it was not such a great program and they both ended up leaving. I think we should all be able to share our piece and then move on from it. Take the advice or leave it. In life we all have good and bad experiences with things that others almost are opposite. I myself have had such a wonderful experience with WLS as well as EVERY SINGLE person in my Tuesday night support group. It has really changed my life for the better. I hope that you come back. Everyone has an opinion and no body can feel how excited you are to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel just like we can't feel how sad Debi is and how scared she is about almost loosing her brother. We know you are a very intelligent lady and I don't think anyone was saying otherwise, it was all out of concern. Hugs again and I hope you stay. If not and you have any questions please pm me and I will be happy to give you my email address so you can ask me any questions you would like to. I wish you the very best.

Beth: Woo hoo on loosing 5 pounds last week.

Debbie: I just want to thank you for posting the BLC info and thread. You Rock.

Rosie: Welcome. I love everyone on here truly I mean that. I hope that you will become a big part of this little on line family.

Carol: Hugs my friend. I miss your smiling face. I am drinking my water!

Sharon: Hi and hugs. I'm okay just busy. Hoping to settle down a bit now that I have quit one job.

Berniceeeeee: I am so happy to see you. Don't be such a stranger.

Catherine: What a workout. I wish there was a water workout around here that tough. I would love it. Glad you are enjoying it.

Accountess: Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do. There are so many lovely caring folks here.

Okay everyone, I think I am pretty well caught up again for a while. I hope with all my heart to be able to come on the site daily. It sure lifts my spirit to connect with my dear friends.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Carol – Good job on getting those steps in!!! Keep it up! Gotta love those winter heating bills! UGH!

Annie – So good to see you! You are such an inspiration, and I love reading your posts. Always keeps my spirits high!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies..

Sorry have not been around this week..life has just been hectic!

I finally got over being sick..but I know TOM is comming. I have been achy, winey, and down right miserable lol. I hope he holds off his visit til after my SP on friday!

We got some news today that work volume is down but it is not layoff time! I work for a medical lab..and I really hope it does not affect us too bad. It does worry me though.

Well off to bed I go..will try and do personals tomorrow..
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 AM   #50  

Cyn - Good to see you! I think that pretty much anything in the medical field is pretty safe, even in these economic times. Take care, and hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

kayley - I love your hat in your picture! *steals it, hugs it, and gives it back* hehe

Cyn - You know every time your TOM is approaching mine does too. lol...I don't think we are the only ones either. lol I knew something was amiss when I started crying over a commercial on TV lol. Yeah...hormonal.

Annie - Good to see you around! I love your posts and I agree with what you said about opinions and thoughts and WLS. I think it is good to hear about how much support you have and had.

I'm procrastinating cleaning up and making room for a new computer. BOOO! I hate cleaning lol, yet with everything once I get going I don't want to stop! lol I guess I get into a groove or something. I'm like that when I exercise. I whine and moan and pretty much have a tantrum before, but when I get going I don't want to stop...I only stop when I can't possibly do anymore.

Scalp is healing and I think hair is growing back. In my part I have loads of little spikey hairs, more so than before I think. I'm still waiting on my soap nuts to try that. Also still reading over the links a few of you gave me with alternatives. Waiting to hear back for health insurance so I can get to the doctor...oy.

Onward to cleaning...*grumbles* lol

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #52  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies, not been on here for ages altho I do lurk and see how u all are doing. I've lost and regained over the last 4 years making little progress and then gradually slipping back to eating whatever I want. But I've only lost about 28 pounds at most, so really just jiggling about. However I am now using a really great website which is helping me work on portion control and earning exercise calories so am feeling very hopeful about my weight future to be honest.

I've been a registered nurse 18 months now and am currently working with the elderly having done a stint in oncology, its hard work but very enjoyable Family are good, Lucy is now 14 and George nearly 12. Rich and I have been married 3 years this april.

Annie - its so great how u have your life back honey, well done

Ammi - so great to see u posting and hope you are doing ok x

Heather - u look fab as always - I am exercising when I can around work, so will be able to 'give' u a few more minutes!!

Well nice to say hi to a few of u and will hopefully post a bit more

EmilyMay x
Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #53  

Good Morning my chickies.

My internal clock has yet to adjust to the new time of sleep. lol. I woke up at 3 and 4 and finally at 5 I just got up. It is nice to be up and ready to go so early. I could spend more time with God and come say hiya to you guys.

Kayley: Ditto. I love your avatar by the way. Too Cute!

Cyn: Hugs. It is getting very scary. I just wanted to say to you that I will be rooting for the Cards this Sunday!

Jacquie: Hi there. Glad that your scalp is healing. Have you ever heard of the book called, "Body Clutter". I haven't read it but I've heard many good things about it and the relationship of house clutter etc. to weight. Maybe you could check it out at the Library or something.

Well, DH got laid off another day!!! Scary here. He is working 3 days per week now and searching frantically for a part time job or even another Full time job. They have let most of the over 200 employees go with just a handful left. DH is lucky to have 3 days a week to work. Today he is going to search for jobs again.

Just wanted to stop in and say good morning everyone.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #54  

Emily: So wonderful to see you. I'm so happy that your nursing is working out just like you wanted it to!!! Hugs and come back and see us as often as you can.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #55  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, all!

I want to apologize for my little hissy fit--it wasn't really anyone specifically here, but rather an accumulation of comments from other boards (not just on 3FC) and in real life as well. In short, I want to do this before having children, and no amount of dieting and exercising will cure my diabetes, so March 19 is my big day! I am very, VERY excited about it. I understand the potential risks, complications, and changes required, as I have been researching for MONTHS (and not just reading blogs or marketing materials that are biased, but clinical studies, medical journals, etc.).

I've heard lots of horror stories, and I fully realize that could be me come March. But if I don't take that chance, I'm 100% sure I will continue on a path of declining health, even if I lose the weight without the surgical tool, as diabetes is an evil, progressive monster to deal with. I'm only 26. I want to LIVE my life, not battle diabetes (and the triglyceride and blood pressure friends it brought along) for the rest of my life.

Factoid: in Europe, they perform the intestinal portion of the surgery I am having (Duodenal Switch) on NON-obese type 2 diabetics to cure their diabetes without causing weight loss, and it has a very high success rate (above 90%). In the US, it is currently only approved as a weight loss surgery, not a treatment for diabetes, so they also make the stomach smaller (but larger than the pouch created for the gastric bypass).

Anyway, sorry for my tantrum--I do appreciate the concern and caring of everyone here. For me, this is more about battling diabetes than obesity; weight loss will just be a nice side effect
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #56  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Jill - Glad to hear it! So how are the wedding plans going? Or have you held them off for recovery? Cant remember what the date is. I think it was a cool number day!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #57  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
Jill - Glad to hear it! So how are the wedding plans going? Or have you held them off for recovery? Cant remember what the date is. I think it was a cool number day!
We're shooting for 10/10/10, so no solid plans in place yet. We just know we don't want to do traditional, so we're trying to find something different. We considered doing it at an amusement park, but now I'm thinking of getting married in a penguin exhibit at a zoo or aquarium since we both love penguins.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #58  

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I am not on any diet plan, per say. I am leaning more towards Atkins but right now I am trying to be more conscience of what I eat. I was a eat-in-front-of-the-tv-type person. I would pick-up fast food on the way home and that was dinner. Now, I am actually looking at what I am eating and fixing more things at home. My portion size was out of control and I drank Pepsi's exclusively. I never drank water. I am slowly incorporating water into my diet and have weaned off Pepsi with Coke Zero. I still have the Pepsi cravings but Coke Zero helps a lot. My goal is to wean off Coke Zero and drink water exclusively. I am eating more low sugar/low fat foods but again, I am going slowly. I want it to be a lifestyle change and not a diet. I know if I go full force on diet mode, I will just gain it all back. I need to go slowly and incorporate it into my life.

As for exercise, lifting the remote was my exercise. I am now working in walks with my dogs. We all get to enjoy those. I did like to go to yoga classes and pilates but I became to fat and inflexible. I just ordered a dvd on yoga for inflexible people. It will help me stretch it all out and, hopefully, I can become more flexible again. I use to be a cheerleader. Yes, a fat cheerleader but I was flexible. I want that back. Not the fat part- although I was much skinnier- but the flexible part. I do have a knee problem so running and stepper-type exercises are out of the question. Maybe when I lose weight my knee will feel more stable and I can add more exercises. I am checking my area for gyms with pools so I can try the water aerobics.

This may be TMI but my breaking point was when I had trouble getting into a regular bathroom stall and barely being able to clean myself while my arm felt like I was trying to break it. Again, TMI but I wanted to let you know how low I have fallen.

Thanks for listening and for the support.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #59  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]
My upper back is so sore and stiff. Probably because I've exercised too much! I'm so stressed out because I'm still in the database exam and I have done four hours today! I'm nearly finished though, so I'm hoping to have the exam sent off tomorrow.

kayleystar
It must have been horrible to be so self-conscious during a lovely day but at least you had the silver wrap. I think it goes well with your blue dress! I know how you feel, though. I really hate my arms, I've got bingo wings and a lot of angry-red stretch marks. I'm newly obese so I'm hoping that the stretch marks will fade when I'm thin, otherwise it would look weird. LOL.

Accounttess
Lovely to meet you! :]
I am a Pepsi-holic as well but I like water anyway so it wasn't too hard for me to give up Pepsi. Coke Zero is a good idea but it's always better to have water as well, in the long run. You could try adding squash to water or have sparkly (or still if you prefer) flavoured water. I don't know where you live but there's good brands of flavoured water like Perfectly Clear and Princes Gate. If you like tea then maybe you could juggle with tea, flavoured water and Coke Zero, so you won't get bored of the taste.
Even though I like water, I still had a craving for Pepsi because it's so sweet but I would have a low-fat hot chocolate or orange juice for a sugar fix. I hope I have been of help. :]

Debbie54
If you managed to get out of the 300's once then I'm well sure that you can do it again! :] It's only a few pounds left until you're out of the 300's so that's something worth to look forward to. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes, me included. I've always had a yo-yo weight but this time I've decided to make a lifestlye change for good.
Thank you, I was chuffed when I've lost 5 lbs!

Annie
Thank you. :]
It's nice to see you posting again!

Take care all.
Beth
xx
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #60  

Jacquie – Thanks! Everyone always wants to steal my hat! Lol. I found it randomly in a pile at a Halloween store. Hope you got that cleaning done. What a pain. Heh. I’m not a fan of the whole ‘cleaning’ thing.

EmilyMay
– Good to see you! Hope you’re able to pop in here every once in a while. It seems like it was just yesterday that you were finishing up school! Crazy how time flies!

Annie – Oh my gosh! I’m sorry to hear about your hubby’s job! You both are in my thoughts…and I hope he’s able to find some kind of part time work.

Jill – Yay! I’m glad you’re still here.

Accountess – Sounds good! Coming in here, and deciding to change your life is the first step, and I wish you nothing but luck & support in the journey ahead!!

Beth – Yes…it’s so rough, but I’m self conscious all the time anyhow, so really it was nothing new. I just had to be photographed all day, which was horrible! Lol. I’m a photographer, and I like being BEHIND the camera, not in front. That fact that you haven’t been obese your whole life, paired with your age will hopefully make the stretch marks fade. I have them kinda bad near my belly button, and I’m hoping that my age will help hinder the saggy skin & stretch marks. *fingers crossed* Good luck finishing that exam!

Well, I’m finally up. Heh. I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep last night…only about half an hour total; So I decided to lay back down around 10am, and just got up at 2. Luckily, I only have one class, tonight from 6-9. Nothing very exciting my way.
Closed Thread