Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #16  

Oh Sue! I know how scary the layoffs are! and !!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #17  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Ay, Sue, sorry you have to live in this suspense. WTG for staying OP in a stressful time.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I second that!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Sue - thinking of you - we're here for you.

Hope no one is having ice storm issues - be safe.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #20  

Good Morning Ladies!

Cold and snowy here - but the state doesn't shut down for a little inclement weather. So at work, and wishing I was home in my warm bed. I swear, this spring my hubby and I are going to pull every last thing out of our garage and rearrange and next winter I WILL not scrape ice and snow from my car when I have a 2-car garage!

The Governor did the "State of the State" address yesterday. He is proposing cutting another 1300 state jobs. In addition to the 150 he fired when he took office a couple of weeks ago. This is a scary place to work these days.

Worked out this morning, cleaned off the car and took the cranky kid to school. I was at work early for a change. Time to get some stuff done here now.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

I'm on a conference call this morning but not really listening closely.

Sue & Lilion - for the job turmoils. It truly is a tough time to feel secure. Keep your heads up and keep doing the healthy things for yourselves because you can't change the outcome by fearing it. I regret that I shut down last summer when I was going through a similar fear. I keep waiting for someone to figure out how much they could cut from the budget if they let go of me. Focus on the things you can control and remember to breathe!

Along those lines, I had gotten a call last week from a recruiter about a job similar to what I used to do before this last change. I sent my resume to the recruiter and she called yesterday with more details. It looks like a very intriguing and challenging postion. It is less pay. I okayed for them to go ahead and submit me as a candidate. I'm not getting my hopes up and not so sure about the cut in pay. We'll just see what God has in plan for me.

I worked at home yesterday since we were getting snow all day. My country roads can be quite nasty. I pretty much stayed in my cow pajamas all day. I did put on a pair of bike shorts to do 45 minutes on the Airdyne stationary bike. Gads, I wouldn't have been able to stay that long without the Ipod and Cadence Revolution. I felt great afterwards! Probably do the same tonight.

Everyone is still doing great with the exercise and getting back into focus. This is about the time when enthusiam wanes. Keep up all the great work ladies!

We do have a few people that have dropped off into lurker status - BarbG, Ruth, Valerie, Elaine, Judy....hope you're all doing okay and if not, we're here to help!

Better get this posted and start listening more closely. to all!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #22  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Terri,

I'm here. Just not progressing. I'm still trying to keep it together for more than one or two days in a row. It'll happen. I just don't know when.

We're supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow today. I quickly scheduled a vacation day for today and I'm still in my jammies watching it snow. I'll get dressed later and go out and clean off the car. All of the schools are closed and the NYS Regents exams sched. for today can't be taken on another day so the H.S. kids have to wait until June to take them.

I'll try to post more often. Hi to everyone.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Gals!

Busy as usual around here. It's a snowy day here with lost of closures. Luckily daycare is still open so I dropped off the boys and hit Target. Now I'm working at home until my training session at 3:30.

Today was a super cool scale day for me! My highest weight ever was about a year and a half ago....I saw 351 on the scale.... Ugh...that hurts to even type. Well...today the scale looked back at me and said 251!!!!! Wow....100 pounds off my highest weight. I love it! I'm going with 340 as my "official" start weight because that what I was when I really got my act together this summer...so another 11 pounds until I count my official 100 pounds gone and treat myself to a sparkly little bauble.

Back to work...I'll catch up with ya'll later!

Barb
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #24  

Judy - Good to see you. You can do this!! Yikes about the snow. That is a jammie day for sure.

Barb - You are proof that it can be done!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #25  

Talking

Barb!

(Now DON'T do what I did and let your brain tell you you're done! That's how I regained 30 - it's a sneaky little mental trap. )
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Thanks Girls!

Lilion...NOPE....I'm not done at all and my mind will not tell me so. Well...it may try but I won't listen!!! I don't actually consider this my official 100 pounds lost, even though it sort of is. I have 11 more pounds to go before I celebrate 100 pounds gone....that will be from my start weight of 340 on August 1st. That is my next small goal..then I will move onto the next one. Never, ever, ever giving up!

We can ALL DO THIS!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Barb-- CONGRATS!!!!

Terri -- Great advice about not letting fear take hold!

My exercise has been good lately, and I'm going to make my Jan goal. My eating? So so. I'm eating at maintenance the past few days, not to lose... just a little tweaking to get me back on track, I hope!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #28  

Hi again,

It had warmed up enough today that I was able to take the hounds for a 30 minute walk around the place tonight. Thank goodness the days are getting longer. They loved it and it was good for me too.

I still want to get on the spinner tonight and I need to study.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, the axe fell. I know that many of my friends are also out there, and the company was fairly nice - 6 weeks pay, 3 months Health insurance.

I just wanted to get out of there - I went in early, to get it over with, and still didn't get laid off til 9:30.

Oh, yeah, and I lost my car keys last night, so there's this cute little $200 charge on my credit card for the locksmith. We had to sit in the parking lot until almost 10:30 to take the truck home.

I had macaroni and cheese for dinner last night, with a salad. There are limits.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #30  

Sue - I am so sorry that this has happened.
Closed Thread