Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'8

Question 3 lb gain in 1 day??

I started eating healthier and exercising on 1/5 and have been steadily losing weight since then. I had lost 7 lbs as of yesterday morning and then this morning, the scale said I gained 3lbs!!!!

I have been eating between 1200 & 1500 calories a day and have been exercising at least half an hour a day mostly using Leslie Sansone walking DVD's.

Can anyone give me some insight on what's going on?
brown eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

When we weigh every day, sometimes we see weigh fluctuations due to fluid retention or .... let’s see how to put this delicately…. solid retention (poop). Don’t let it discourage you. Since you are eating between 1200 & 1500 calories a day and exercising, the pounds will come off. Tomorrow you may not see those 3 pounds that are bugging you today.

You are doing great, 7 pounds already!!!!!

The first couple of months are the hardest. Just remember that it will get easier and you are worth this! You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I second it's most likely water. Here's a great post on all the reasons that might make you retain water:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826

This happens a lot!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Happens to me all of the time too. Some people suggest only weighing weekly, but for me a daily weigh-in helps me stay on track, I just have to remember the weight on the scale isn't the whole story. I write my weight down every day, but don't get too stressed about the fluctuations, because I still can see the downward trend.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Yup! What they all said.

In the beginning it's harder to deal with seeing the scale go up a little, but I swear that over months & months the pattern of a downward trend emerges, and it's easier to see that it's all part of the plan!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Just remember your 8 water servings! They are so important! I can be up and down 5lbs each day if I dont get my servings in!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

sometimes bloating around period time sends the scale up too.....for me as much as five pounds. I guess that's fluid retention as well. But it's amazing how weight can fluctuate around that time.
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 345/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'8

Thank you all so much! What you have all said makes complete sense.
I'm not letting it discourage me. I'm still keeping to plan and am looking forward to losing those three pounds plus many,many more.
I'm going to go and get a bottle of water now =)
brown eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #9  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Job!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 AM   #10  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I always make sure I go to the bathroom right before I weigh in and I mean both..LOL pee and uh ya know # 2... that can weigh a lot I've lost 2 lbs after going to the bathroom... and always weigh in at the same time each day well at least around the same time.. try not to eat or eat anything right before you weigh in too.. I do it first thing in the morning right after I've gone to the bathroom..

your weight WILL fluctuate each day- thats why some choose not to weigh in every day rather going by a weekly lose then a daily lose.. it's up to each individual I cant stay away from the scale for a whole week so I go every 2-3 days just to see the progress and then record my weekly as my official weigh in

and way to g on the 7 lbs! my first week on my new calorie countign lifestyle I too lost 7 lbs! now I'm at 17 lbs lost ! woo hoo!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote