Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

GREAT NEWS!!! My brothers kidneys are working on their own!!! He is able to stop treatments. He still has drainage tubes coming out of his stomach but hopefully can get them out soon. Thanks for all the prayers!!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Debi-Great news on your brother!!! We will keep the prayers coming!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Not much happening here. We got a snowstorm this morning, of course during rush hour. I had no idea we were to get snow. Pretty as it might be now, I'm aggravated because the backyard had just dried out and I was looking forward to the coming warmer weather and a dry yard. I was even thinking I would ride this weekend. However, by tomorrow, it will be too muddy again. I am so over midwest weather.

Carol - Yes, I think it was fitness walker wave that I signed up for. Definitely not a runner or racewalker. But not the leisure stroller either.

Debi - Awesome news about your brother!!!

Lilion - Good luck tomorrow!

Barb - You're doing awesome. I see another loss on your ticker.

Better get back to work. Happy Friday!!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debi -- Excellent news about your bro!

Terr -- I hear you on the midwest weather. We're getting your snow tonight, just as temps rise above 0...
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #50  

Today was a good day!! Even if we did only get to 11 degrees. Im sure I will be crying when I see our gas bill!!
DD is on her way home tonight...im excited about her shower!! I sure hope we have a good turn out. I hope its worth all the time the ladies have put into it. Im afraid alot of the older ladies wont get out because of the cold and alot of stomach viruses are going around here.
have a great weekend.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #51  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Busy, busy, busy today. Loooong meeting for the job search committee I'm on, then weekly happy hours with some of my colleagues and then a friend's house to play rock band 2. It was way more fun than I expected. I even did pretty well singing songs I've never heard before, and I was okay on the drums. What I didn't do was much writing.... just about 1 page. I have sooooooo much writing to do.

Eating... well, not good. I ate a basket of french fries and a slice of pizza for dinner. i guess I'd better count that up. Okay, I'll be back in a bit with a calorie count. I'm going to have to start posting this regularly to keep me accountable.

Debi--Glad to hear your good news! Hope the shower goes well.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #52  
Vortex

Okay, it wasn't as bad as I thought.... assuming that I counted correctly, I managed to stay under 2000: 1,813. But not because I planned it that way. I really need to plan.

Okay, so, tomorrow. Waffles with peanut butter for breakfast. Lunch may well be out somewhere; I'm going with soup no matter what. Dinner... needs to please 3 very different tastes. I think I'll do chicken cordon bleu, broccoli, wild rice, and a salad. I've been making a red pepper and tomato salad that I like really well.... just have to figure out what to add to it that's green, maybe just a little cucumber.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Angela -- Searches can be brutal. We're in the middle of one too. I'm not on the committee and I still have the extra work of the job talk, and sitting in on meetings with the candidates. We've brought in three and aren't thrilled with any of them, so TODAY the dept decided to bring in two more -- NEXT WEEK! Four hours of that week just got chewed up...

Last edited by Heather; 01-17-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - my niece told me the leisure stroller category is actually leisure walkers/baby strollers. I took it as someone who just wanted a nice stroll - lol.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 328.8/320.4/IDKY

Hi all....Another cold day here....according to the news, this should be the last one....tomorrow should be warmer....of course they're also predicting snow! lol
On a happier note, today was my first WI since restarting WW.....drum roll please....
I lost 8.4 pounds this week!!! I know that the 1st week is supposedly water weight but as far as I'm concerned, water weight is still weight (see it's right in the name! lol) and it's less on me!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Default Biggest Loser Challenge

Hi Ladies,
Just a reminder to remember to post your weigh-ins for this week on or before Sunday, January 18th by 11:59pm nudge.....nudge...

Last edited by Debbie54; 01-17-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:55 PM   #57  
Vortex

Well, I stuck to my plan for breakfast and dinner, but not lunch. So I'm a couple hundred calories over for the day, so tomorrow I'm going to have to try to make it up.

Haven't exercised yet, but I've done a fair amount of extra housework and still have more to do, so we'll see what I settle on.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #58  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies...

Brrrrrr.... and Yawn.....

We've been with friends most of the weekend, which involved a lot of eating. I enjoyed small bits of things I don't normally eat, but stayed within my calories and kept my exercise and water on target.

Today I'll be hitting the gym for cardio, having a lite lunch with a friend and then cheering on my boys....GO EAGLES!!!

Gotta run, sorry so short.

Terri - Thankyou! Yes, it was a 3.2 pounds week!

Toodles...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Its a pretty nice day here. The snow is pretty much gone and its somewhat muddy but not as bad as I expected. We're having a pretty lowkey weekend. I've been doing housework and laundry today. I just yanked a bunch of clothes out of the closet here in the office bedroom and they will be going to Goodwill. I also have several Coldwater Creek jackets that I think I am going to put on Ebay. I can dress more casually at work and the jackets are in excellent shape so I'm thinking about moving them on.

I did something yesterday that I haven't done in a long time. I used to try to walk the dogs up and down the driveway but then quit. With six dogs having to be on a leash, it got to be too difficult to manage them and get everybody walked. It occurred to me that I can walk them again and only Duke needs to be on the leash. I took Duke, Daisy and Dixie out for 30 minutes yesterday. We made four laps from one end of the place back around the house to the other end. They loved it. The girls ran like maniacs but did not run off. Duke wanted to chase them but I just couldn't trust that he wouldn't get through the fence and off into the neighbor's pasture. I tried to jog as much as I could with him. We're going to do this again today. Gotta train for that Trolley Run in April!

I'm holding steady this week on the BL challenge. Drats. This week, my body just wasn't working with me. Stupid allergies. My plan for this next week is 1500 calories per day AND getting my cardio going again. Baby steps.

I think I am going to do more vacuuming and dusting before the games start.

Rloisol - on your loss! Good job!!!

Angela - A big part of the battle is getting accountable about the calories. That's a big step. I've been working on that too. Good job on what you're accomplishing!

to all!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Terri - it was a nice day wasn't it - unfortunately about 8 I headed to the park with both pups (I prefer outside exercise if it's available). The lab was the only one happy about the wind and cold - we did one mile and the doodle and I came home to a warmer environment where I did two more miles as well as more cardio. Gotta keep on working for the Trolley Run - I just don't want to be the last to cross the finish line.

One of my company's annual parties was last night - I did OK, especially after accidentally forgetting the salad dressing saving myself lots of calories. I did sample desserts and logged every bite in TDP, something I wouldn't have done before - planning on the same behavior next Saturday night for the next party - will be glad to be done with those. For once I actually wish they had been Christmas parties and I wouldn't face these challenges right now.

Lilion - how was WI yesterday?

It's pretty quiet around here - hope all is well with each of you.

Keep on moving, keep on drinking your water and keep on making great choices.

Hugs,
Carol
Closed Thread