Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #31  

Hey all!

Quick today, because I'm running late. OP still. Did 20 on the Infernal Machine today. I don't know why it seems to be getting harder to do 20 instead of easier. But I'm still doing it. I'm looking forward to skipping tomorrow, since I'll do the martial arts class again tomorrow night.

It's not just cold. It's COLD!

And now, gotta get to work!

gramie - the towels/cake are cool - even if you can't eat it!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

BRRRRRR it is -17 with windchill of -42 here. No school for kids today! again! Older daughter not happy as it is end of the quarter and test time. She is ready for the new quarter to begin. Younger daughter is excited. She could take it or leave it, to her its just school. We sure hope that changes. Well, I think we are going to sit under blankets today. We have an old house and it feels so cold in here. After this week anything above 0 will feel like a heat wave! hehe Well, gotta get some water. Everyone stay warm today!!! Penny
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 328.8/320.4/IDKY

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone
I'm new to this site...I just started WW for the umpteenth time (at least I never say die, huh? lol)....and I stumbled across the 3FC website. It looked so supportive that I decided to join...
I also decided to give blogging a try, I've never done it before and it seems a little like talking to myself but I'm willing to give anything a shot....
After reading a few of the postings on the 300+ threads, everyone seems like a great bunch of people....I'm really looking forward to this....wish me luck!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I guess I will add to the list of saying its honkin' COLD. Hibernation weather. I convinced DH that he could handle all the dogs today since I didn't want to be tromping around outside this morning when it is -3 degrees. He's got five crates inside and dog cookies. They will behave for dog cookies. True, I didn't want to take them to the kennel in the cold but I really didn't want them to have to be in the kennel all day when its this cold.

I've been having respiratory problems due to the allergies/sinus the last several days. I haven't been doing very well with the cardio because of it. I'm taking all the meds but I don't feel any stamina. Its kind of shocking how fast I fell on my face with the exercise. I have to get going again and start contributing to the exercise thread.

I've been logging my foods again. I've got DH convinced that in order to control portion sizes, I eat off our smallest plates from now on. He made the most fabulous gumbo yesterday. It made a very large pot so I've got 7 containers all divided out for lunches. I can pair a reasonable size gumbo with a salad from the cafeteria. This weekend, we're making slow cooker chicken taco soup that will be for lunches as well.

He's coming around on the budget stuff too. He's even admitting to listening to Dave Ramsey on occassion.

Its great to see us getting our focus going again. Let's keep it up!

Welcome Rloisel! to all!

P.S. Carol - I signed up for the Trolley Run!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 01-15-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #35  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthapenny View Post
BRRRRRR it is -17 with windchill of -42 here. Penny
YOWZA! I thought it was cold here at 0 with -20 windchill! Stay inside and stay warm Penny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rloisel View Post
Hi everyone
I'm new to this site...wish me luck!
Hope you enjoy it here in 3fc land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri in MO View Post
I've got DH convinced that in order to control portion sizes, I eat off our smallest plates from now on. He made the most fabulous gumbo yesterday. It made a very large pot so I've got 7 containers all divided out for lunches. I can pair a reasonable size gumbo with a salad from the cafeteria. This weekend, we're making slow cooker chicken taco soup that will be for lunches as well.
Terri, you do what we do - make up meals and package them for lunches. I can't get over the people I work with who not only eat lunch out nearly every day, but zip over to the cafeteria for breakfast too every morning! How do they afford that? I made beef veggie soup last night. Good stuff, although higher points than such things should be, really. I think I use too much beef and beef broth (I save it from a roast and freeze it. I skim the fat off, so it's not too bad, and it adds so much to the soup!) I measured it out and it made 13 cups. In this weather, soup sounds real good! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, but good for you getting back on track!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I'm as cold as worthapenny. I think it was -14 with a -45 windchill this morning.

Words to describe the cold: brutal, bitter, piercing.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #37  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I'll add one word on the cold: unwarranted. Stay warm everyone, and stay inside if you possibly can.

I'm under 2000 calories, so if I decide I have to eat anything before bed time it'll be celery. I'm getting a little bummed that the scale isn't moving yet. Must exercise before the day is out.

rloisel: Welcome! This is a great place for support.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't feel so cold anymore after reading Penny and Heather - we were a balmy -7, a veritable heat wave in comparison. lI am tired of it but now tomorrow when it warms up to 20 the snow is coming. Glad I have plenty to keep me moving at home - sounds like a good time to attempt the 3 mile WATP for the first time.

Terri - did you sign up for the fitness walker wave? Guess we should have touched base. I'm looking forward to it.

rliosel - a big welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

Keep on moving to stay warm!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #39  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!

Brrrrr....we are not nearly as cold at many of you, but I'm down right chilled to the bone here in the Philadelphia area. Happy to report another good day here....I went out for a work lunch to Bertucci's and had a delicious grilled chicken with a lite lemon sauce & capers along with asparugus and green beans. I told them no butter and no pasta...just extra vegs. It was delicious. Tomorrow we are meeting friends at a Brazilian steak house for lunch. It will be a bit challenging, but I know I'll do fine. I hit the gym tonight for cardio and now I'm ready for bed. Our 3 yo is not sleeping well these days and I'm exhausted.

It's a busy weekend here, but I'll pop in when I can.

Stay warm!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

GOod Morning,
We are sitting at 0 this morning but no winds. I cant stand this cold and cant even imagine the weather alot of you are dealing with!! I dont think our houses are designed for it!! I am so glad they are talking about a heatwave by mid week. We might even hit 50 on thursday. IF we hit 50 and its not raining i will be taking kids out to play!! I am so ready for spring.

carol_ i need to try the 3mile this weekend as well.

barb_ great job on eating out!! I love the kids i keep but i enjoy getting to send them home and get my sleep. I dont function well without sleep!!

vortex- dont get frustrated...keep up the good work and the scales will move!!

heather_ hi.. stay warm!!

lilion- I love soups!! I dont know how people afford to eat out so much..plus think of all the fat they are getting.

Teri- i eat off a small salad plate.I have them in pretty colors and feel special eating off them, when everyone else eats off white corelle ware. I also try to think of a clock and my meat only be 15min of my plate. I try to fill the rest with veggies!!

rloisel_ welcome!! Hope you enjoy this group as much as i do!!

today is my day off from exercise and i am thankful as tom arrived yesterday. Cant wait for him to go away for good!! Scales were up a bit today with tom here.I know i didnt do anything wrong and it will level out in a few days.
Stay warm everyone!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #41  

Smile

Shiver, shiver, I wonder if that could be counted as exercise??? What do you think? If so, Heather I could give you a lot of minutes of exercise Not so funny is it? I am glad we don't have the temps some of you do. I would need to drag my long johns out. I haven't worn them since I went fishing while it was cold, and I was on a boat...BRRRR!

I have just finished cleaning out my freezer in the fridge and replacing everything neatly. It won't last, but at least I know what I have in there now. I forget I have some things until I do that, and then I get to say oh yeah, I can make that.

I am managing to stay at about 1400 calories a day right now. I will see how that works out. It bothers me that so much of my food has to come from carbs. It doesn't feel healthy to me at all. I eat a lot of veggies, not so many fruits. Meat is limited to 2 oz. daily, so the bulk of the diet is carb one form or another. Dairy is limited also. It sure feels strange to tell people that you can have bread, potatoes, macaroni, spaghetti, and desserts, no problem, unless you are FAT and gain weight like crazy

Have a good day chickies and stay warm. Ruth
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey All,

TOO CCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDD to type, so I will be quick! And then I am back upstairs where it is warmer! Hope everyone has a great day! Penny
Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #43  

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Hey everyone!

I'm wrapping up my second week OP! Tomorrow is WI and, unlike last week, when I was really excited, I'm just kind of interested. I don't feel like I've lost, like I did the week before, although I must have, given that I've been OP and exercising - we'll see I guess.

It's a balmy 5* today! Try to stay warm everyone!!!

Ruth: If it makes you feel any better, when I previously lost significant weight (the first time) it was on a plan from my doctor, no more than 1600 calories, no more than 40 grams of fat, and TRIPLE my usual carb intake! So it can work. Good Luck!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 328.8/320.4/IDKY

OMG! It's soooo freaking cold today! I took the dog out this morning and froze body parts I didn't even know I had! lol
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I've got to run and do a whole lot of things today but I wanted to stop in and say hello!....Hope to stop by later and catch up with everyone )
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I think we DO need to draw the line at counting shivering as exercise! But if we did, we'd be at 205,000 min already!

Keep OP and warm chickies!!!!
Closed Thread