Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Julia, you're more than welcome to start the BLC with us. It's only the first week of weight losses to be recorded so go ahead and sign up.

Ok ladies, don't forget to get your weights in by tomorrow, Sunday, by midnight! Good luck to you all!!!
Debbie
Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #92  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Count me in as a fan for the bodybugg too. I've been using mine since Friday afternoon and it's really been encourging me to be more active overall on top of my normal exercise, and I've been better about my food tracking with too. Woot.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Realist -- I had a bout of something like bronchitis a couple of weeks ago, and was in no way able to exercise for a few days. Even getting back into exercise I did a lot more low-key exercise! Drink lots of fluids and rest if you can!

Carol -- For me a really fun part of this journey has been realizing all the things I CAN do! Enjoy!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #94  

Realist -- I had a bout of something like bronchitis a couple of weeks ago, and was in no way able to exercise for a few days. Even getting back into exercise I did a lot more low-key exercise! Drink lots of fluids and rest if you can!

Carol -- For me a really fun part of this journey has been realizing all the things I CAN do! Enjoy!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

purpleorc: It does help. I mean I'm sort of still stuck at this plateau, but I'm going to get myself loosing again hopefully next week. I'll feel better once I know I'm on my way again. I do have so many things to go over the doctor with, so I'm hoping they'll look at me as a medical thing and not as a "omg you're so fat" thing.

It does help!

gggirls: Vegan/Raw Food/Calorie Counting...basically. I'm going to do full 100% raw food starting next week, Monday.

The family visit went really well. I basically prepared most of the food lol so I was busy and stressed. I made my first raw food dessert and it was a cream tart with black berries on top. The cream was made up of fruit, nuts, and honey/agave nectar all blended together. It looked very custardy and it tasted wonderful. I was so surprised it tasted so good and it was without eggs or cream. It also wasn't cooked, so everyone was surprised. I'm glad it went over well.

As for my scalp...hmmmmm. I'm wondering if my problem is the shampoos. The coconut oil is HARD to get out of your hair, so you are oily for a long time. I over washed my hair for the family visit and my entire scalp was irritated. I am thinking that means I should stop washing my hair. So, I'm going to stop and see how it is on Friday. I washed it with Coal Tar shampoo this morning and it is irritated, but I did it to get rid of some of the left over oil. I think that says something. After today, no more washy wash. I'm going to just rinse and use coconut oil on my ends if they start to get dry. If things start healing then perhaps the problem is the crap I'm putting on my skin. If anything then I can reboot and maybe figure out a way to wash my hair without using shampoos.

I started doing a bit of research on the subject and this is for anyone with eczema. I'm starting to be convinced that the irritants are in the stuff that are suppose to be helpful for us. I had this patch on my arm that got really red, itchy, weeping, and was getting larger. I opted to leave it alone and it healed up after a short while. I had stopped using my body wash and I'm starting to think I'm allergic to something in those products. So, onward experiment! lol

If all my hair falls out...well...oh well. lol

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-11-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Ummm....I am a little excited. I am no longer morbidly obese. Made it to 310.6 this morning. Wooohooooo.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #97  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

That is AWESOME news ! Gonna dedicate my op day to you!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #98  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies :]
As usual, I have been OP today although I didn't eat much. I had two pieces of toast for breakfast and the same again for lunch and had a low-fat pot of chocolate mousse. I'm not trying to starve myself but I just feel like I've eaten enough for today until tea time and I hope to have something with vegetables.
I thought I wouldn't do well in the first week of diet but I have been doing quite good although I need to eat more! Tomorrow is my first WI so I hope to see some loss from my starting weight.
I'm so not looking forward to school this week. I have a ton of essays to write and I have to prepare a presentation in English just because I'm one of two pupils in class that aren't taking the re-sit exam. Not fair!

I hope everyone is alright and having a good weekend :]

Beth
xx
Old 01-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #99  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi everyone,
Ammi I'm so glad to see you back here. I'm sorry I haven't emailed you regularly. I had good intentions, just didn't follow through.
I'm off to the dr again in a little while. I've been on the antibiotics now for 2.5 days and the only thing that's changed is the pain isn't quite as bad.
I weighed in today for tbl. I had a very little bitty loss so I guess that's better than nothing. This week will be better.
Hope all are well, hugs
Old 01-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #100  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Good Evening it has been miserable and grey all today with a few little showers. Did pop out with DH to the computer fayre just to get out of the four walls It was chilly in the wind but nice to get out never the less. There at the computer fayre there is a small basic café so I just sat and had a drink to wait for DH. He bought a few little cases to put DVD or CD in. Plus some A4 photo paper. Plus some rewritable discs I think that was it

Nothing much doing here today. I had my meal already prepared so matter of reheating it. I have stayed on plan so far today and done my stretch on the wobble machine. My legs felt like jelly (jello) afterward but they are fine now some 25 minutes later. I also did the exercise told to us by recidivist a poster here on dieting with obstacles.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160994 I didn't do it with weights for my first attempt I just did it into thin air with both my arms. Oh by did I know I had done it they were shaking after going through the alphabet just once. I think if I had used weights I would have been really struggling to even do half the alphabet. More practice needed that is for definite.

azcyn Sorry to hear that your car is off the road at the minute. I do hope that DH is able to fix it. They are such expensive items to run today though so much of a necessity in this age of modern living.

dgramie
I am glad that your weight loss journey road as become a bit easier to travel now that DH had joined you. I have been so lucky that mine DH has been with me through the highs and the lows of the journey. It helps tremendously that two of us are treading the same path.

Baz xo Sorry to hear that your tablets are making you ill and giving you a headache. That is the trouble you have to take more tablets frequently to deal with the side effects even if it is just a simple pain killer for the headache. Though no tablet is side effect free some people are very susceptible to getting side effects while others are OK.

Well done on being on plan and getting in 30 minutes of exercise. All these things count and add up.

You have put such lovely words about your mum and how she deals with ill health. That is so kind of you to put it into words.

brandnewme I hope you soon make a speedy recovery. Though great news that your weight is down and your able to exercise again. I always love to hear about positive thing like exercise and weight lost.

dogpal Sorry to hear that your having a tough time with TOM. I can fully sympathise with you. Ever since I started my periods way back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth every 3rd or 4th one is a hum dinger. I have mine at the minute and last night my jeans seemed so tight I bet my tummy was all puffy. Today it feels much better so maybe the water weight gain is disappearing. (I am on TOM as well)

Heather Sorry to hear that your battery died in your car. Yes fortunate it is on the driveway rather than highway. I know from experience waiting for the tow truck to come and take you home. It is not nice and you can guarantee it is freezing cold and blowing a gale. ( here it is recommend that you get out of your car and stand on the verge. if you are fearful to do that then as a single female they recommend you move to the passenger seat)

Realist I really hope you start to feel better soon. Having a cold is bad enough but doubly difficult if you already have a existing breathing condition like asthma. Chin up I am sure once your back to full health the weight will come off. I am sure at the minute exercise is impossible and eating isn't as good as it could be. I know this from when I am ill you do the bare necessities and prepare the easiest food.

I have just read the second post of yourself since I last posted on here. I see are in order on no longer being morbidly obese. That is such great news . Look forward to celebrating the next milestone in your weight loss journey.

sandybar sorry to hear that your diverticulitis has flared up big time. I hear this is pretty horrid. Take care of yourself and hope it soon goes away or settles down.

gggirls I have never used frozen strawberries in my muffins I suppose they would work providing they have been chopped up into bite size pieces before hand. I have used red currants, black currants, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries all very nice. So would be nice to hear how they turn out with strawberries.

Sorry to hear about your friend Johnnie being ill in hospital. Yes there for the grace of god it could have been so easily me or anyone of us as you say. It has made me think how lucky I have been.

Idealmuse It is good that the bodybugg is getting you moving about more. I am hearing positive things about this bodybugg from everyone who has got one.

Jacquie668 I am sure that they will not think "omg your so fat" I think if they have a look at your records it will show that you have made great strides to becoming healthier by losing a significant amount of weight. That will only please them losing such a good portion of weight as it has started to lessen the health risks.

Plateaus are the worst waiting for the scales to drop. Then having to tweak your diet to start things rolling again. I am on a plateau and have been on this weight for weeks now or going up and down the same couple of pounds. I am hoping that the biggest loser challenge will focus me and kick start me in the right direction.

Time to wash up the pots from tea that I have been putting off for the last hour or so. So take care ladies and catch up with you soon.

purpleorc
Old 01-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Sunday all,

Angie: Woo hoo to being no longer Morbidly Obese. What a super great NSV or is that an SV? Oh well congrats at any rate.

Sandy: Feel better soon. Hugs.

Carol: I am so excited for you and I can almost see your blond locks flying behind you as you have fun on the ATV's. Thank you for the update on Johnnie. I will send her another card and continue to keep her in my prayers.

Beh: I hope you have a wonderful WI sweetie. I'm sure you will breeze through the school assignments. Take it one at a time. Hugs.

Purple: You crack me up with all that dinosaur talk. silly girl.

Well, Church was wonderful today it is our 2nd time there and I just love it. My weight is up to 226 UGH UGH UGH. I do know it is from TOm so that makes it more barable. I am baking some Talapia in foil with spices and lemon juice and some twice baked potatoes for lunch so I need to run and check them. The fish smells so divine. lol.

Blessings to you al,
Annie

Last edited by dogpal; 01-11-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #102  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

How or where can I find out if I am still Morbidly Obese?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Here is the calculator I use Toni.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I am not sure there is anything special about the titles, other than I am happy to be leaving that title.

Angie
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #104  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

its days like today that i seriously love living in California. 80 degree Januarys are awesome.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #105  

Luan -- You can say it, but don't rub it in!
They are using words like "piercing" to talk about our highs this coming Thursday... and we've already had days of zero degrees as a high (or lower)...
Closed Thread