Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #46  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Just a fly-by post since I am sick yet again. There is a nasty stomach bug that is going around, and apparently it was my turn to get it. Thankfully it didn't hit until early this afternoon, so I did at least have the chance to get my walking in today. If it doesn't subside by tomorrow.. well, we'll see how that goes.

Purpleorc asked what I did for a living to be called out at 4am. I am an office manager and victim advocate for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. I take the crisis phone for one to two weeks each month (24/7 on call).

I'm going to attempt personals tomorrow. Have a good night ladies.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
For the first time I think I'm scared. I don't think I'll ever go back to over 300lbs, but I'm starting to already feel uncomfortable in my body again.
I've been feeling exactly the same way -- I feel like I can't move as eassily or as comfortably as I could 20 pounds ago. And I don't think I'll get back to 300 pounds, but I am VERY scared too. Gaining weight is just too easy. Scary easy. At least the fear is motivating!!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Due to being sick, I haven't been active at all today. From the bodybugg I have found my resting metabolic rate might now be as high as I would like. I feel like I will really use it to push me once I feel better. Hopefully that occurs soon. DH went to the Dr today and he has bronchitis. Apparently we are two sickies. My fever is back tonight, so that is annoying. Oh well.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hiya Peeps - here I am with another quick post. All good news today - less work drama, a date with DH and a movie, a great food day and tomorrow is WI day! What more could I ask. I didn't do a great job planning lunch today so ended up with a HC Cafe Steamer and 100 cal popcorn - not something I want to do every day but it reminded me how much I do enjoy the steamers.

And now I've got a big yellow lab and a lovey labradoodle who need some mom love - see you all tomorrow.

Hugs
Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #50  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Hope you were able to take the chill off yesterday. I had cold feet all day. And we have lovely freezing rain now. YUCK!

Purple & Debbie - I have found that gum helps me too. It is a new addiction! Like I need a new one eh? But much healthier as long as I keep up my dental hyigene!
Good luck on finding your desired rings. DH got me an engagement ring for our 10th Anni back in October. Love it!

Debi- Put your gum beside where you keep the little ones snack. Pop in a piece before serving up. Maybe that will help. You will have the kids back into routine by this time next week.

LookingForMeAgain - Welcome. I know you will find a way to succeed! Go ahead and ramble we all do from time to time.

Catherine - Love your new pic. You look fab!

Val - great news on the job. I have been job hunting lately too. My home child care has been lagging in activity. If I dont get any new families soon I will be looking for care for my kids while I work outside the home.

Sharon - Got my decorations down today! It is nice to have the living room back in order. UNCLUTTERED!

Jacquie - A good cry always does me good to. Mind you I have to get over the crying headache. Praying that you get the approval!

Cyn - I missed it and forgot to pvr TBL. Opps I will get caught up.

Angie - How did day 1 of bodybugg go? Ah see your update this pm. Hope you 2 feel better soon.

Idealmuse - I have seen you around on other threads. Glad you are here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Brandnew - Hope your feeling better.

Heather - Its good to know that fear can be a motivator. I usually fall into letting it bury me.

Carol - Go love up those pets. I will be for mine soon too.

I went to the gym today for my first appt with the trainer. I purchased a 6 pk to get me started. DH will keep me motivated after that. It felt good. And now I just have to figure out how to count my reps and keep my timing on 2 up 4 down. Any tips? Got in the water and had great food choices. Have a great evening all!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Today we went out ring shopping again and found the ones we wanted at Weisfield Jewelers. They aren't a set, but they look very similar. We won't get them for 11 days because they have to have them resized but I'm so glad we'll have wedding bands again.
So while we were out, that meant we were going to eat out. So at the food court in the mall, there was only the pizza place, the chinese place, McD's and the orange julius place. I picked orange julius and just got a relish dog and a smoothie. I'm hoping it was the lesser of all the evils. I did look at McD's to see if they had salads but no way. Then for dinner I just had a sandwich of swiss cheese and roast beef since Jim left for work right after we got home and I didn't have to fix dinner. I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage calorie wise.

I don't know if you've heard, but northwest Washington is under water. We had all that snow and now it's melting and with the torrents of rain, we are flooded. The road coming in and going out of our place is partly under water and it's like a river running over it so we're hoping it doesn't wash it away, beings it's our only way in or out. The water is just below the wall line of my Dad's garage, and we're hoping that doesn't flood. I talked to the neighbors down the street, and he's lived here for 37 years, and says this is the worst he's ever seen it. All the culverts from everyones land seems to drain into ours, and the man on the other side of our property won't clean out his ditches, where ours is suppose to drain, per the county. So if you see a house floating away on the news, it might be us. The rivers are all close to or are at flood stage. I'm just praying the winds don't start up because with all this standing water, the ground so saturated, the trees will come up.

Well, otherwise, things are fine here. I've gotten back to working on clay again and plan on getting out the beads for jewelry again too.
That's been our day. How way yours?
Debbie
Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #52  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello folks.

Dropped by a bit later today as I was struggling to get going this morning. I need a good to get me going. Still not the livest bunny going. I have a little bit of what my dog Rizzie is on. He seems to have boundless energy and it is not like he is a puppy at 10 years old.

I am going to my parents tomorrow so more than likely will not be popping on. Though should get time at the weekend

Idealmuse "D day" approaches fast to the time when your bodybugg arrives that you ordered. You will have to fill us in how you do with it.

Sorry to hear that you are having a struggle with food at the minute. Hang in there, I am sure that it will get better.

brandnewme An admiral job you do there and so important. I wish that there was no need for such a role but afraid human nature can have a nasty streak.

I hope you feel better soon and make a speedy recovery.

Realist Sorry to hear that you and your DH are both sick I do I hope you make a speedy recovery soon I sympathise with your DH as I used to get bronchitis as regular as clockwork every winter 2 or 3 times a year and it was murder to shift it.

JuliaHood It is so true that gum is a better addiction than to food. I have addictive traits in me or is that compulsive not sure which. I have conquered the addiction to nicotine but it is a hard battle with food. I am so fearful that I will slip up and go back to where I was.

with starting with a trainer at the gym. I have never been to the gym I am ashamed to say

Debbie54 Nice that you are going to get your rings again not many more days till they are altered. That is where my rings are at the moment being altered as they were way to big.

Eating out can be a pain in the proverbial. Not alway many healthy choices and it is matter of going like you say the lesser of all the evils. I wish more places would do a healthy selection of food but they are few and far between. It is many fast food joints with like a zillion calories per bite

Sorry to hear about the serious threat of flood to your home. I really hope that your OK. That is the trouble with people who are careless and don't clean ditches etc. Act of God is one thing but neglect of a neighbours duties is another.

Heather

gggirls Until very recently I had never heard of the name labradoodle for the breed of dog. Oh boy are they cute looking and I can see why people adore they.

I would not be without my steamer also they are brillaint. They are wonderful for cooking vegetable and keeping the wonderful taste all locked in.

Time to go and make a coffee. My mouth feels like sandpaper, the joys of my medication gives you chronic dry mouth Till next time take care

purpleorc

Old 01-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Purpleorc: Yeah I have this thing about people looking and touching me. It irks me when my friends go "a doctor is there to help, you need to go" and they sort of don't get it. I can't just go, the day I finally brave the doctor again I'm going to be terrified lol. It is just something I must overcome.

I remember when I had to go to the E.R. in 2006. I'm walking around, my legs are oozing and swollen, and I'm like "i'm so sorry about this" and the nurses just thought that was cute, me apologizing about my condition lol.

JuliaHood: I agree, a good cry is just needed sometimes. I just have had such a run of bad luck that I'm fed up and wanting a change. Getting all those feelings out just helped so much! lol. I feel a bit light now and not so "heavy" if that makes sense.

I chopped off about 5 inches of dead, scraggly hair, and my hair looks better and feels actually thicker. It still needs some work, but there ya go. I have a theory about my scalp and I'm going to put it to the test while I wait for my insurance to go through. I have a feeling I won't get covered until the 1st of next month, which sucks, but oh well. lol

I'm feeling tired lately and not very active. I think the approaching TOM as well as just being sick has taken its toll on me. So, I'm doing things to get my energy level back up. My positive side is sparkling and up and up. So, no more negative Jacquie lol.

Working on various things, trying to sort out my diet. Increasing calorie intake and ditching yeastly things. Ditching soy a well... Weeeeeeee...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Day 3 of my diet and all is well so far I haven't exercised because of my stupid back, but I could have found a remedy for that. No, not my sitting down exercise DVD, I've yet to try that. Instead I've taken an interest in a mini cycle. It's one of those sets of pedals that you put on the floor and sit on your bed or a sofa to use. I figure if I can get myself at the right angle I might be able to use it without pain. BUT even if I can't, it's designed to be put on a table too so you can use your arms not your legs. So that's bound to work off some calories. It only arrived today, and it's late so I'm tired. I'll have a turn on it tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Right now it's vege out on FaceBook time lol. Or on my Animal Crossing on the Wii.

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 01-08-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

Getting my exercise in yesterday helped.I slept much better last night.I am going to the dr today to see about my tummy issues. Im sure a med adjustment is needed. Having IBS and dieting can be hard. I love veggies and my tummy doesnt always apperciate them.
Kids are slowly getting back into a routine of being here and today im going to try and exercise with them here...wish me luck!!!
Tommorow we are getting to keep our granddaughter for the 1st here. Her mom went back to work on monday and yd is keeping her on fridays and isnt up to doing it alone after having her teeth out this week. I wont be here posting...i will be holding my precious granddaughter!!
hugs to all and drink your water!!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Yesterday our phone went out and didn't get DSL again until late last night.

Debbie: Hope you are okay hun. Lots of flooding going on here too. We are not flooded yet. Hugs and stay safe.

Ammi: Welcome back. I am so proud of you for coming back. Happy New Year! That bike thing sounds like a very good option. Gool luck and hugs.

Lookingforme: Welcome. You will get all of the encouragement and support you could ever want here. These ladies are amazing.

Catherine: Hopey ou had a great time at the pool.

Carol: Woo hoo to the kick butt land classes being back!

Val: Sorry about Hershey but, it is best to stay a chocolate virgin all around!

Sharon: Great job being op.

Jacquie: I hope your insurance kicks in soon.

Cyn: I loved TBL. I feel so badly for those young men.

Angie: Hope you feel better soon.

Becca: Feel better soon.

Ideal: Keep after the exercise. You will get the food. Hang in there and just keep watching what you are putting into your mouth. Hugs.

Julia: I finally got warm. Great job joining the gym with a personal trainer!

Well, I'm off for now. Everyone stay op and drink your water.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #57  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies.

I would like to apologise for not being online this week. I have been feeling rubbish and down for months so I went to see a doctor on Monday to see if I have depression. I do so I am on tablets now. This is the first week I'm taking my tablets so it's making me feel yuck and I have had loads of headaches. I am feeling a bit better so I managed to come online.

This is the third day of my diet and I have been totally OP although I haven't been using enough WW points because I was too sick to eat. I was brave enough to step on the scales on Monday and I am 238 lbs (17 stone). I can't believe that I've let myself get this big, especially at the age of 17 However, I am determined to keep on track of my diet, lose weight and be healthy!

I won't be able to catch up on personals, sorry! I promise I will catch up once I'm feeling better.

Much love
Beth
xx
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

Just got back from my dr. My blood pressure was a bit low and my pulse was way to low. He said my meds need decreasing again. He is cutting me down to 20mg of my blood pressure med and said we may have to go even lower. I was on 100mg last jan!! He was so excited to see me step on the scales...he said most people are begging not to be weighed and i was excited to step on them. He said we may have to talk about my extra skin in a few months..i told him it was the least of my concerns. He said he has seen many people have bad skin infections as they lose weight. I have lost 86.4 pounds since dec of 07 according to his records. My scales just show 83 as of right now. I am so glad i got to actually see my dr and not the nurse practioner. He told me to keep it up!! He also increased my stomach pill to 4 times a day for a few weeks and then 3 times every day after that.
I even came home and caught an exercise show on our local cable channel and use weights with them for 30 min. Going to still get my walk video out later.
I feel like i am accomplishing what i set out to do a year ago...improve my health..i dont ever think i will be skinny and have a sexy body...but i can get healthy !!!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Purpleorc, we're doing ok but so many people south of us have lost everything. It's the worst event in over 20 years for alot of people but some just went thru it in 2006 and just barely recovered. It's very sad. I didn't do too bad on calories at the end of the day, I was only over by 100 but you're so right about each bite could be 1000s

Jacquie, hope you feel better soon. from a distance

AmmiUK, ok, take a break from your games and Facebook and use that new toy for your legs!!! LOL glad you're on day 3 of OP!

Debi, have fun cuddling with that little baby. That's great news on the doseage going down on your meds. Pretty soon you'll be completely off of them. So many benefits to losing this weight. I'll be so happy when the doc tells me we need to talk about the loose skin issues. It would be so wonderful to get rid of it all, but I don't know if our insurance will cover it unless it does become an issue.

Annie, I hope we all make it thru this. They are saying it's historic on what's happening here. One poor lady lost her dog. I can't even imagine how she feels. Here she lost everything and her dog. So sad. Stay safe and warm.

Beth, don't feel like you have to apologize for not posting hun. It's really ok and especially when you're feeling under the weather. I'm so proud of you for getting back to OP even going thru all your health issues. You're determined to get this weight off and that's a big motivator in of itself. Take care and I hope you feel better.

You ladies will probably think I'm nuts, but Michaels is getting a bunch more of new beading items, mainly Swarovski crystals and I'm so excited I can't wait to get over there!!! I love all the sparklies, but I'm having trouble making the jewelry. I have a hard time designing things cuz sometimes the ol brain doesn't want to be creative, so I hoping with seeing all the new sparklies, I'll get inspired.
Hope everyone is safe and warm
Debbie
Old 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #60  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Just a quickie everyone .. its been a busy couple of weeks so a flying update then will try and get back on the weekend to have a personal post to everyone

Oh first .. I hope all of you that are getting bugs of one kind or another get well soon, its icky being sick, especially when it gets in the way of your plansl

Okee ... have decided against JC, the cost just couldnt be justified right now ,.. so back to plan B and just being careful . so far so good .. didnt put on any weight over Xmas/New Year (thank goodness!) and kept busy unpacking and reorganising the house for the extra days off that I had.

Drama with my daughter this week, had to get her moved out of her flat and find her another one so the last 2 days I have been running around like a headless chook gettin that organised and we move her into her new place on Sunday night, with all the extra walking I did this week (not to mention climbing over fences!!!!!) my calf muscles are screaming at me now .. and its been soooo hot!! But its a cooler day today .. my daughter and I are going into town ... she will meet me after work and then we will come home together tonight.

I will admit with the stresses of this last week I have almost constantly thought of chocolate ... but I have been very good and stuck to my one piece a day ... same time every day so that I dont question if I have had my daily allowance ... as for the rest of my diet .. its still not 100% but I am eating at least 2 times a day now lol .. and its mainly subway for lunch (wheat, no cheese and from the 6% menu only), breakfast is still a meal Im working on getting in lol .. but I honestly dont feel hungry

Anyway .. gotta go find where i threw off my boots yesterday and get going or we will miss the bus

Have a great Friday all (when you get to it lol)

Edit - OMG .. just noticed I have gone under the 100 pounds left to lose!!! Now there is some more incentive .. dont want to see a triple figure to lose again!!

Last edited by Nightkatt; 01-08-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Closed Thread