Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread # 1190

300 + Weekly Thread # 1190
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!
We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

Last edited by dogpal; 12-22-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  

Good Morning ladies,

Penny: Stay warm sweetie. WE are getting more snow here!

Debbie: How cool to see the Eagles doing their thing! Hope you aren't getting dumped on with the same snow we are getting. We are supposed to be getting snow allllllll week!

Cyn: I have to agree with Angie. Hugs to you. Maybe being at the end of your rope is what is needed sometimes. I know that is what prompted me to get moving on getting healthy. You wil figure it out. Just try your best to start doing the things on your calendar and soon they will be the norm!

Americaninuk: Thanks for posting your pics. You are such a cutie. I am praying you will get that job. I want you to be able to move home. Nothing as bad as being homesick. Hugs.

Toni: Wow! Your before and after is amazing. You look so great. I'm so proud of you hon. Hugs.

Carol: Have a super great day! I have been eating bad the past 2 days and I am determined to make today a new start, again. lol. I have been doing so well and I guess I let my hurt back be an excuse this weekend for eating pooh. So, no more as of today. I started out with a protein shake and have my 32 oz. of water all ready to go to work with me and I cooked some chicken breasts yesterday eve. So, no excuses.

Well, I am heading out for work now. It is snowing like crazy so I want to leave a tiny bit early so I won't rush to work. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!
Well everyone is still sleeping! or at least they are staying under the blankets where it is warmer! lol I am trying to think of something warm I can make this morning for breakfast. I am kinda in the mood for a protein shake but it will have to wait until later. I don't want to wake everyone up with the blender!
Well, not sure what the plan of attack is today but hopefully no snow for a while and the winds will stop. Temp right now is 0 but feels like -15 with wind chills! supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Yes, I think it will be a WHITE Christmas!! Army son wants some carmel corn, so that is one of me things to do today. And he brought home a jacket that has a couple of rips in it! Mom to the rescue. I told him that was good as I need to get sewing machine out today as his younger sister needs a zipper put into her coat! See, how my day just gets filled up! It doesn't take much!

Annie, Yes we are trying to keep warm. Heaters are on in all the rooms that we have them for, except back room and it is way to cold back there to even have one going right now. It is the youngest daughters room and she sleeps with me most of the time or on the couch with dad gone. I heard you were getting snow! EEEKKKK! My inlaws are in Oregon and they are floored by all that you guys are getting out there. Holy Bologny!!! You be careful! Hugs!

Cyn- teenage daughter and I went to town the other day as she needed some new bras. She hates trying anything on in the store and it is like pulling teeth. To my surprise she started going in and trying them on! I almost fainted! Bra shopping has got to be the worst kind of shopping. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. My daughter was amazed as she looks at me and says what size do you think I am. I told her and she said I am not that big! Well, yeah she was. She had to get a 46D. She is 17! She gets them from the husbands side of the family. I hope she quits growing soon. That would have been my luck the problem with the wrong extended! Glad you thought of that, as I am not sure I would have thought of an extended! You are smart! Don't give up! You have a plan and you know what you have to do. I know, it just stinks being overweight! I have been my whole life!. Time for "US" to change. I am here for ya!

Carol-I WILL GET MY WATER IN TODAY!!! That is my mission for today.

Debbie54-sign me up for the challenge! how is the bead making going?

Debi- how is your brother? and get any sewing done yet?

Well, I hear someone getting up and the coffee is ready, I guess that means the day begins!!! Penny
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Well the holidays are fast approaching and today I have a lot of cleaning to do lol. Tuesday will be a "cooking" day as that is pretty much all I have to do that day through Christmas.

I'm making sure to prepare and bring foods to our family get together that are raw food inspired and healthy. I plan on eating as healthy as possible. I usually do really well at family get togethers as I don't usually like the food, so I bring stuff to share lol.

Well my boobs are shrinking...it is official I'm a D cup, but I bet on certain bras I would be a DD. *wonders* I hope they don't get too small.

I hope you all are good and going to have a good week. I'm exhausted from shopping and walking lol. YAY!
Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I had a wonderful day yesterday spoiling my precious granddaughter. I can hardly believe how much she has grown in the past 16 days since i last saw her. She was bright eyed most of the time we kept her. It was a joy and i think holding a baby is just about the closet you can get to heaven here on this earth!! She feel asleep at the end of our visit and laid on hubbys chest and he napped with her. It was so warming to the soul!!
My brother is still improving even though his kidneys are still not functioning at all. He may get to be moved today or tommorow to his home town hospital. He will still be in the ICU unit but doing so much better!
Im heading out to finish up my shopping and get my food for the week. I am amazed at how much food it takes to eat that many different times. I would love to say lets just have salads..but the kids would kill me!! I am going to try to behave myself!!
Tommorow will be spent wrapping the last few presents and cleaning and maybe even starting the pies. I want to get as much done as i can!!

Ok...I live in ky and we normally have pretty mild winters
..we still get snow and ice but not this cold...to all those who loves the cold please keep it!!! We were at 5 degrees when i got up this morning and wind chills about 5-10 below. I want my normal ky winter back!!!

hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #6  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks

Well I spent most the night awake for no reason, no in pain or anything like that just plain and simple couldn't sleep. It felt as though I had not had a certain type of pill last night that helps me to sleep. It is not a sleeping tablet but a mild antidepressant used for pain. I was on my hands and knees searching for it where I took my tablets but nothing found. I know that my dog would not touch it with a barge pole it because plain and simple it didn't taste sweet or remotely nice My dog is very fussy what it eats and will go days without eating then all of a sudden when you are starting to become concerned at this point he eats you out of house and home You think kids have hollow legs I think some days Rizzie (dog) does

Talking of Rizzie he has just had his bath as he was starting to have that smell about him that I find unpleasant. I bath him as he does not struggle for my or mess me about like DH. It is as if he knows that he can't do it with me else I will fall over. If my DH has the lead he pulls him but me he does not. Animals are so intelligent more so than I think we give them credit for a times. Some times I think he is also as crafty as a barrow load of monkeys as well

I have just got the Xmas shopping in today all but the milk and bread. I will get that on Christmas eve. I must admit it was awful in the shop so busy and it was murder trying to get round the shop. I am exhausted now and could go to bed. Though I will try and stay up at least until 9 or 10pm. I have to be up early tomorrow as it is oxygen therapy day. Then on to a works party of my DH brother whom invites us every year.

The next few days I will not have a great deal of time to post as I have my parents coming to stay for a few days over the Christmas period. So that keeps me out of mischief

Sorry I have not had time to answer your posts but I am too tired to do so today but I really wanted to drop by and read every ones posts. Plus put in a few words myself.

Till next time take care

purpleorc
Old 12-22-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

We are headed to the bank today. End of the year stuff with what would be called IRA's in the US. It's a new savings program for disabled people. I don't understand it, but I will sign on the dotted lines where they tell me to. I just wish it was a tad warmer. Our high will be -24C today. That's -11F for those who don't do metric. Wind chill is anyone's guess. I try not to think about it. I just layer like crazy. I will wear my silly rabbit hat. At least I don't have to worry about any Vegans throwing blood on my fur hat. They all live in Vancouver, and besides, it would freeze before it hit me. Spit freezes before it hits the ground.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Cyn, It's so hard and defeating when we go out and buy clothes. We're tired of the same old ugly stuff and just want something pretty for a change, but they don't make it for us. So the only thing we can do is continue to lose weight. I'm so sorry you had such a hard time yesterday. I hope today is going better for you.

Annie, yes, we're getting all the snow too! I think it snowed another 3-4 inches last night. We've got well over 2 feet at least. And we're suppose to get it all week too. Now I'm thinking my son and dil won't even be able to get back here for Christmas Eve. Are you having family over?
Be safe out there driving.

Toni, what plan are you following? You look great and you lost so fast!! Congrats!!

Penny, sounds like you're getting tons of snow too and then with the wind chill.....BRRRRRRRRR!!!! Yes, you're day filled up fast didn't it? LOL I've got you signed up. I'm so excited for all of us to start anew once again. I haven't touched a bead in two weeks. Lazy me!!

Jacquie, yep, the boobs ( what I have of them) are the first to shrink!

Debi, glad your brother will hopefully get moved to his home town. I sure hope they can get those kidneys kickstarted soon! I heard that there was alot of ice in Kentucky too.

Purple, have a very merry Christmas!!

Catherine, bundle up and stay warm!! Make sure you read the fine print!

Jim is in the kitchen making his spritz cookies. He put rum flavoring in them this time. Should be interesting. Those are his cookies to make every year. He just put his first batch in the oven. YUM!! Later I'll be making peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies and then I'm done baking. FINALLY!!! Tomorrow I'll be making the jello salad and baking the roast. We like to have sandwiches and finger foods on Christmas Eve. I can't wait for it to all be over and then get back to being OP which I haven't done in so long.
have a great day!!
Debbie
Old 12-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #9  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies

I am so tired that I could go to sleep right now. I have been in town all day with my boyfriend. He came with his parents and brother so I went to meet up with Michael. It was really mad in town as it was very crowded in the shops and we couldn't find a decent resturant that had a table vacant I didn't buy a lot because it was just too busy.

Annie
I agree with you. Caleigh is like a sloth and spends all day in the bedroom so when I go up to bed, she wouldn't shift. I don't like to cause a fuss so I went downstairs to sleep. She's still on the laptop late at nights now. I think she's taking up the opportunity of staying up really late because it's the holidays now so she doesn't have to get up early in the mornings.

Debbie
I am going to spend Christmas Day and Boxing Day with my mam so that is ok. I am going down my dad's on the 27th until the 2nd of January. Although, my mam will still miss me!

Cyn
I know how you feel about not being able to get nice bras, and when you actually do, they either don't fit or aren't comfortable. I hate being overweight too and becuase of my bra size (40 E or F), I never seem to get comfortable, pretty bras.

Take care
Beth
xx
Old 12-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Cyn - I do agree with Angie - I'm not sure where it comes from but it comes from inside. This was recently posted in another thread here and for 2009 my phrase will be SUCCESS IS A CHOICE

This is the one given if you want to be successful. When it comes to work ethic there can be no compromises. Any other promise is made of fool’s gold.

We can see the evidence of fool’s gold around us every day. It’s the people looking for the quick fix. The easy way…as if all you have to do is follow some simple directions and your problems will disappear.

The bottom line: Nothing meaningful or lasting comes without working hard at it, whether it’s in your own life or with people you’re trying to influence.

You want to succeed? Okay, then succeed. DESERVE IT! How? Outwork everybody in sight. Sweat the small stuff, sweat the big stuff. Go the extra mile…but whatever it takes put your heart and soul into everything you do.

That won’t happpen unless you choose to make it happen. Success is not a lucky break. It is not a divine right. It is not an accident of birth. SUCCESS IS A CHOICE.”

I have posted this both at work and at home to remind me - I am the only one who can do this.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #11  

Afternoon all,

I just got home after batteling the crowds and snow. I am tired and my back is hurting but, I'm home.

Peny: Sounds like you have a very busy day planned.

Jacquie: Woo hoo to shrinking!

Debi: Glad that you enjoyed your grand baby so much. I am happy that your brother is doing so much better. Hugs.

Purple: Have fun with the parents.

Catherine: Be careful out and about.

Debbie: I don't have any family living near me. My sister lives in Montana about 3 hours away but doesn't drive much. My dad lives in Southern Idaho near Boise and won't drive when it is like this. lol. The rest of my family is in CA. I hope your family can get back home. Hugs.

Beth: I wish there was something I could do for you and your MOm about that bratty girl. Hugs.

Carol: Thank you for the post. It is very inspiring and insightful. Hugs.

I am planning on making tons of banana bread for the Homeless day workers that come help us at work on Tuesdays. I feel so badly for them and want them to have at least some banana bread to eat. I have lots of frozen bananas in the sink defrosting so I can make it. Maybe I'll put some chocolate chips in it or something for extra treat.

Well, time to eat some chicken and take some pain meds. I probably won't be back later today cause they knock me out. Hope you are all safe and warm.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Peeps - Johnnie has had a setback and moved from rehab back to the hospital due to bleeding. If anyone is interested in sending a cheer up card PM me for the address.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #13  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I have been counting calories for my weight loss, making sure to journal it all day by day. I have been having a horrible time with it lately too. I have read here and other places that 1200 is a minimum and not really recommended; this is my number I do a few times a week and some up to 1800. Lately I have not been successful in journaling or staying to my calorie goals. I am a perfectionist and I think I have retrained myself to think that 1200 is my maximum and anything above is failure. I say this because if I start to get around 700 - 800 calories I start to panic and shovel the food in. Then I panic even more and totally ignore the "write it down" plan. This seems to happen around 3 or 4 p.m., a bad time for me. I decided to erase the 1200 number from my brain and I am doing it this way. I write 1600 on the top of each new day's page in my notebook. I go from there every morning. I am trying to see if it helps me not think "FAILURE" when I don't stay to 1200.

We are getting tons of snow also. It is not big wet flakes as it is too cold for that. It is dry powder snow. Easy to shovel because it is light. My dog still doesn't like it though. He can't stand having cold feet I think.

Last edited by ToniLight; 12-22-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Well my brother didnt make it back today..he will be transferred tommorow. Some confusion about the rehab he will need. He will also have to have his dialysis before they bring him home. Keep him in your prayers its a 3 hour trip in an ambulance.
Going to bed early to keep from snacking...
got a busy day planned tommorow...
annie - please rest your back!! HOpe you are feeling better.
hugs
Old 12-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

dgramie: I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts! I'm glad he is doing better!

The past two days I have been so tired lol. Yesterday was my birthday, I'm 31 now, and last night I just conked out again at 9pm lol. I just got my butt out of bed and now I know today is a cleaning and cooking day, followed by cleaning, traveling, and cooking day tomorrow. And then the big day, traveling, cooking, cooking day lol.

I'm going to be a tired girl...but you know, I love being tired. It is a good tired. I'm doing things I haven't done in years. I'm being more outgoing, I'm being more sociable. I'm being me!
Closed Thread