Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 384/ /180

Height: 5'3

Default A Ramble and question....

[COLOR="Red"]Yay!! My Dr. told me yesterday afternoon that I can start working out full force!! WOOHOO!! So, with this being said, tomorrow am, I will get up, go to Chirch, do my housework that needs to be done, do my biggest loser workout dvd and go walking around the neighborhood. The weather here is perfect. Who knows, I may even get Oscar (my dog) and head to the beach to go walking instead. I dont know what it is, but I am just feeling really motivated at the moment. Which is good because over the last year or so, I have been super depressed and then the fact that I wont have my dad walking me down the isle at the wedding or having that father-daughter dance, just really put me in a bad place. But, with the help of mt finacee, I have realized that it's his loss and not mine. He is the one that felt the need to be abusive mentally and physically to my mom, siblings and I. He has to live with that. I shouldnt have to let that get me down and depressed, which by the way makes me want to stuff my mouth (I am a BIG emotional eater). A few weeks ago, I contacted him and told him how I felt, etc and gave him the chance to take responsibility for what he did, and all he could do was get angry and yell at me saying that it was our fault and my mom's fault. He can't even say he is sorry for causing my emotional rollercoaster of a life. But thats ok, b/c in way, that was closure for me. I washed my hands of it. I have stoppede crying and focusing on that and now I can focus on whats important in my life and the people that truly matter to me. I dont know why I am saying all of this to you....maybe bc i feel comfortable posting here what I think has made me over eat my entire life. Who knows...........

Question: Does anyone have the obstacle of trying to find good, decent things that you can take to work for lunches so that you dont have to eat out?? I am getting so tired of taking the same stuff every week. [COLOR]
Joyathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #2  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Joyarthrt,
I am so sorry that you and your family have had to go through such a painful time in your life, but look at it as being over and this is a new beginning. That was a learning experience and take what you have learned and now move on, let it go and make a wonderful brand new future for yourself. You seem to be a pretty touch cookie and you have courage within and now it is time to let it out. You have taken the first step in the right direction and now you can fly. Comforts foods are good in moderation, so my suggestion is to write down everything you eat, it makes you accountable for your actions and will help you to make better choices. This is a learning process, one that I am learning and teaching myself. You can do this, we can do this and we will.

As for lunch, tell me what you like and I will see what I can come up with for you. I too, have to take lunch to work sometimes when I can confined inside. I do like to cook so I hope I can help you out. Will be looking out for your post.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 384/ /180

Height: 5'3

Default Lunches...

Well, I love veggies. I could probably eat salad every day. See, I just dont understand it. How could I have gotten this BIG, by eating mostly healthy things. Its depressing and confusing. I like to drink water too with lemon juice in it, and really its the only think that I drink all day long. I did find out that I have a thyroid problem and am now on meds for that. I know that thats not my main problem. Maybe I'm just been lazy all these years.... and I guess when I went on my binge eating, I then at the wrong things. Oh goodness........I need to get off of here and go for a walk!
Joyathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/199/174

Height: 5'-11"

For lunches, I take a lot of little things. Yogurt, grapes, an apple or banana, a half a sandwich with either peanut butter or turkey. I might take baby carrots or cauliflower. I use to take soup too, but the jobsite I'm at right now doesn't have a microwave. I almost always keep Fat-Free Saltines along too so if I need something a little filling I can have one serving of those which is 5 crackers and 60 calories. Also, a string cheese or a Laughing Cow cheese is good too. I don't take all these things, maybe like any 5 of them so I have 2 things at break and the rest for lunch.

On the weekends, I go hit the produce section and bring home whatever is good. Sometime strawberries, pineapple, or things like that. I get home and wash, clean and cut up everything right away. Then when I want to snack, it is easy and ready to go. Also, it makes it quick to pack a few things for lunch.
juls64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Joyathrt,
Glad to hear that you like veggies. I have a new found love for veggie wraps. I buy a wheat flat bread that is low in calories, if you are counting calories and low in points if you are counting points with WW. I spread Laughing Cow Lite Cheese on it instead of mayo, layer it with , mixed greens, tomatoes, thinly sliced onions (red), sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced bell peppers, hot and sweet banana peppers, and maybe some cilantro and a little sea salt (optional) and fresh ground black pepper and ummmmm ummmm good. Eat the whole thing or save half for later. Low in calories and points. As juls64 said, take so low salt or fat free saltines, which are also low in calories and some reduced fat peanut butter as a snack and lots of fruits. For a sweet treat skiiny cow ice cream sandwiches and healthly choice fudge bars are wonderful. Do you like salmon? That is yet another great wrap with coleslaw and laughing cow for the mayo. and great one. I will send you some more. Will not talk your head off right now.

You know what , no matter how you got there, you are not going to stay there. So together, let's keep it moving. Remember you are not there alone, we are with you.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

I am so sorry about your father.

Packing lunch is a great idea that I try to do daily. I love variety and find the more creative i am the less likly I am to leave the food and join coworkers for a lunch out. Salads can give you lots of variety. I enjoy a spinach, strawberry, walnut and blue cheese salad with a rasberry dressing. I made a salad last week with spanich,bean sprouts, avacado,tomatoe, grilled chicken, and humus as a "dressing". I like spinach because i can eat it raw or cooked and i mostly cook and shop just for one person (me). I find lettuce comes in to large a head to make it through the week with just eating it raw. I also eat kale both cooked and raw. I like to take leftovers to work when I will be in the office and able to reheat. I also do sandwiches and soup. I try to get some whole wheat in crackers or good bread with lunch as well as proten. I pack fruit for lunch like an apple, organge, grapes or strawberryies. My plan is whole foods based so I usually do not have chips or packaged snakcs. I do enjoy noodles bowls every once in a while from trader Joes and add chicken, spinach or kale and mushrooms or avacado to make it more filling. I tend to use only part of the spice pack to cut down on the sodium. There are some great websites with lunch ideas that focus on low fat or low carb or just generally yasty :-) Sorry about my spelling. I am not sure what plan you are on in terms of counting calories or restiricting specific food groups but I hope you get some good ideas. I am always looking for new lunch ideas.

I hope you had a n enjoyable walk. Becareful to start slow if you have been inactive for a while. Many people start with 10-30 minutes at a time rather then doing an hour all at once and causing great pain.

Last edited by 5aday; 02-22-2009 at 08:08 PM.
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote