300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #190

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi Chickees and Merry Christmas Eve!

All is great here (well, except I hear 2 little boys screaming downstairs...DH is in charge ). I worked out with my trainer this morning and I've been running errands since then. Now I'm going to prep some of the meals for tonight and tomorrow. Tonight we are steaming homemade tamales (a traditional Guatemalan Christmas dish - although in Guat they eat them at midnight - we'll eat a lil earlier) Tomorrow is quiche for breakfast and prime rib for dinner. Yum. I'm adding healthy elements as much as possible. Still have a few things to wrap/assemble tonight, but I'm fairly well organized.

I'll pop back when I have a little more time on my hands...

Later....

Barb
  • Hi chicks, Popping in to wish you and yours :

Merry christmas! May all of your Christmas wishes come true. Here is to a better brighter New Year for all of us.

Ruth
  • Merry Christmas to you all - please be safe as you celebrate and enjoy your day!
  • Just popping in to wish everyone who celebrates it a Merry Christmas!! We have a quiet day planned, which sounds just fine to me!
  • Merry Christmas!

We're having a quiet day here too and we're thrilled. We had decided that we would only buy one gift this year and its a Homedics shiatsu chair massager. Its wonderful!

We're having prime rib too. Hopefully some breakfast if DH gets up and gets around anytime soon here.

Have a wonderful day!
  • Good Morning & Merry Christmas!

We've had a wonderful morning here. We have one friend spending the holiday with us and we all had breakfast, open stockings and then headed to the basement, where Santa left our gifts. The boys have been playing with their toys and having a good time. Thomas the train was very popular this year.

Now the big boys are watching The Unit (DH got the DVDs) and the little boys are watching Sponge Bob. That leaves me with a few minutes of quiet time on the computer.

Have a fabulous day...whatever you are doing.
  • MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

Wishing you the gifts of peace and good health.

• Hi all,

We're having a household crisis. All of a sudden the plumbing is not working correctly. The plumber can't come out until tomorrow morning. That cancels our plans to go to my family gathering in Springfield tomorrow. We were supposed to stay all night tomorrow night. Instead, we're headed into town tonight to stay in a motel until the plumbing gets fixed.

The weather is just plain psycho. Its 67 degrees here and a big giant mudhole.

for now. for fixed plumbing tomorrow!
  • Terri. Not much worse than plumbing problems. Sorry you'll miss the family. Enjoy your stay in the mudfree hotel!
  • Hi Gals!

Terri - That stinks! Hopefully not literally. Sorry that your plans had to change and that you are stuck in a hotel. Hopefully it will all be fixed quickly!

Great day here. I hit the gym this am for cardio then had lunch with DH and a friend. Then is was a very lazy afternoon. We all needed it. The kids went to daycare for a bit so we could have a little adult quiet time.

I had crazy weight loss this week....6.6 pounds! Last week was so low (less than a pound) that I think I had some major water retention going on and everything evened out this week. Hopefully this new number is real and sticks!

I'm outta here for now...have a great night!
  • Hi,

We're back home waiting for the plumber. This doesn't look very promising as we're having a thunderstorm with a lot of rain this morning. And I thought it was muddy yesterday.

Pray for me, I'm trapped inside with DH and the dogs today!

More later!
  • Terri - good luck - our sewer backed up last Saturday - this rain sure doesn't help though. Hope you get back to normal before the ice comes.
  • This weather is NUTS!! Its 73 already today and gusty winds. It supost to drop over night to the 30s again.
    I had a stomach bug the past 36 hours and am feeling really weak today from it.
    Sorry for all those with plumbing issues...thats horrible but worse on the holidays.
    hugs to all
  • Terri -- I hope you get the plumbing sorted out!

I don't know how warm it is here, but WARM. What was icy is now a flood. Crazy weather.

We're still enjoying a quiet holiday. Must remember to do this more often.
  • We'll, I guess it "Old Home Week" or maybe month. I've been a slug all day and just decided to drop in here and see if anyone I knew was still around!!!

I have been doing terrible. Still can't seem to get motivated and stay that way for more than one meal! I tried posting on Sparks People a while, and met some neat people,but just couldn't get the hang of their "threads"

Terri, I've been wondering how the test went. I have been thinking about you. BarPA,great pics, I'm sure the boys had a great Christmas.

Ruth, Val, Lillion, Judy and everyone else. It feels good to be home.

My health club thing is not working out very well this time. I was a member of this wonderful state of the art facility for about 5 years, but I finally decided I couldn't afford to keep up the membership if I wasn't going to use it, and I couldn't make myself go and be consistent. SO my sister and I joined another club. Not nearly as nice, but adequate, and we said we would go together. The problem is we try to go before work and she has to be at work an hour before I do and we have to get there so early we are not doing as much as we should. I can't stay after she leaves because we do water aerobics and we get out of the pool and shower. Can't get all hot again. Excuse? Good one? Anyway instead of helping each other stay focused, we seem to be enabling each other to lay out... Got to figure this one out.

Anyway I will try to be good about posting. I don't have any idea what my signature says, either, but I'm sure it wrong too. I'll fix it later.