Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #46  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas where ever in the world you are

I just have a few moments to spare to relax and come on here and make a post. Plus get up to speed with your posts. Thanks for the Christmas well wishes.

We have had a quiet Christmas but nevertheless it has been very nice. I am busy at the minute playing host with cooking and entertaining. I have tried to incorporate a walk each day into my schedule to keep my exercise up to scratch. That way I hope to counter attack the little naughties you tend to have. I have kept the food has health as I can and within my eating plan. Though I did have a couple of chocolates Hmm I know that they were not on plan in any shape or way. Not to mention my Dad's Christmas mince pies . Though I have been reserved and only taken one where previously I would have had more than one. So some improvement made even if I am not perfect

I hope to go on the whole body vibration machine this afternoon for a session and then a little walk later if my body is up to it. We were traditionalists in our house this Christmas we had Turkey with Brussels, leeks and runner beans. Served with mashed potatoes ( these were just mashed nothing in them just plain) sage and onion stuffing and gravy. DH then convinced me to make Yorkshire puddings. ( i do not like them so made for others).

Nice to drop by and catch up. Though I really must go now and get on with preparing vegetables for tomorrow. Take care all and will drop by as time permits.

purpleorc
Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

No time for personals, well, time but my back is hurting so much. DH just got back from pharmacy with my pain pills so I will get something to eat and take one.

Hope that you are all doing wonderful and full of hope for the New Year. I know that I am excited about the posibilities for the New Year including getting to my goal weight of 180. I am planning on upping my exercise as soon as my back allows. I am back on track with eating today. I just made up my mind that the old Annie will not come back. She is gone and it is time for me to embrace my new self. I have worked too hard to let some bad holiday eating derail me. So, today no more sweets again. They make me sick and I want to keep it that way. I know that I can build up a tolerance for that and am afraid that will happen.

hugs and blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #48  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Angie-I listen to Contemporary Christian, but I get mine from the library. At least I don’t get that nasty feeling anymore of buying an album for only one good song.

Beth-My husband is an advocate for the disabled, so he has lots of disabled friends (and a disabled wife), and one wears hearing aids on both ears when exercising. He went down to the electronics store and tried on over the ear headphones until he found a pair of skullcandy headphones that held his hearing aids in place. He wears a headband or hat over them to make sure they don’t move.

Cyn-rant away. Losing weight messes with my blood sugar so much I surprised I haven’t gone on some kind of roid rage rampage.

Debbie-I hope you had a good time with the kids.

Annie-Sweets now make me sick too, and I am seriously hung over. My mother in law sent us chocolate. Lots of it.

We only had 18 to dinner this year. The weather was just too cold for some who come by bus. The ones who did come seemed to stay longer and eat more. One widow from church always brings strays with her. One year she brought a whole family with her. This year she brought a stranger who is a new refugee from Africa. She is in her 20’s, and lost her entire family in a genocide. She reminded me of why I do this every year. I’ve got the left over turkey in the freezer for making turkey enchiladas for New Year’s Eve, and after that, there will be no more party food in this house until next Thanksgiving (well I can try anyway).
Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, I hope you ALL had a GREAT CHRISTMAS, I didn't, lol, got a tummy bug Christmas eve night. (MY parents brought back a bug from Spain or possibly the plane which they passed to Aiden before going home, Gareth was next, so far Steve has escaped it. The sympathy, or lack of it I recieved from him makes me hope he gets it!!!! He made me clear up my own sick, even though I was shaking, sweating & seeing spots!!!) I spent Christmas Day in bed or in the bathroom AND to top it off it caused TOM to arrive, around three months+ since my last one!!! Sigh!!!! At least I'll have lost weight though, I have to be positive, we are having a 'reduced' Christmas dinner today, but with bacon-wrapped chicken breasts, stuffed with whatever fancy cheese they like and all the usual Christmas veg. I will be having mashed potatoes with a few carrotts.
I hope everyone travelling got there and back safely and you're all keeping well and warm with your loved ones.
xxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 12-27-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good morning Peeps - sounds like there are several of us here who have tummies that don't like it when we revert to previous ways of eating - count me in on that one. I also have discovered or rediscovered - I cannot snack. I knew this but apparently thought it had changed - NOT. No more snacking for me.

We have one more Christmas tomorrow - my big family holiday here. It is potluck and then we are done. The holidays this year have been very nice for us and more spiritual and family oriented - I have really enjoyed them.

I'm looking at goals for 2009 - for the first time in many years weight loss will not be included - that is a given. There will be things like travel and fitness in the list - things that never would have been considered in the past. As I said before (and you will tire of me saying it over and over) - my phrase of choice for 2009 is SUCCESS IS A CHOICE.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #51  

Height: 5'7"

sharon_ stomach bug hit me on christmas night and all day yesterday and last night. This morning i am weak and drained. Kept down a slice of toast so far.
I agree with what annie and carol have both said ...we cant let food get us!! We have all came to far!!
I will not get any exercise in today as i am going to lay around today.
I got to talk to my brother yesterday on the phone. He is up and walking some now with a walker. They are talking that he maybe dismissed later next week. He will be staying at my moms so he is near the hospital if he has any problems. He will also be able to do a bit of walking down her street when he is able. He has lost over 35lbs already. What what a way to do it!!! His kidney function is showing a tiny bit of improvement so they are hoping with time he maybe able to get off dialysis.
hugs to all
Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

Yesterday we went and seen the movie Yes man with Jom Carey. HEHEHE It was funny. I love that my son works the AMC theatres so we all get in rfee. That saves us about $50 bucks!!! Since I think it is nearly $10 to go see a friggin movie now days. It is really cold here. And windy. Its nice..because I know summer will be here before ya know it.

Sharon: Sorry you got the stomach flu/bug. I hope it leaves ya soon!

Catherine: thanks for the permission to rant once in a while..lol

Carol: love your new phrase for 2009!!! And it is so true.

dgramie: you have the stomach thing too?? oh no!!! Hope it gets better soon.

Plans for today are to find a scale! I have checked all the usual places likw target, walmart and none of them go up high enough. Makes no sense they say Americans are so obese, you'd think they would make all the scales go up to 400 or 500. Unless they are considering 150 obese lol. Anyhow gonna search online as well.

Toodles ladies!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #53  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Everyone. Well, we made it through Christmas here. My dd, Abby, had a good time. My DD and SIL came in from Oklahoma, my DS and family from Northern Indiana came down and DSD and her family were here for lunch. I wish I could say all was good, but it wasn't. DD & I have grown apart. She seems to have forgotten where she came from and has become very materialistic and chooses her husband's family over her own. So, all are polite to her, but she is forever comparing her things, car, truck, house, kitchen, trips they take to everyone elses. Everyone has in some way told her how they feel, but it's like she's oblivious. She and her Air Force husband leave for Turkey in April. They'll be there at least two years. At first, I was really hurt, and now, I'm almost relieved they'll be on the other side of the world. There's lots more to tell, but it's just silly.
DSD, Rachel and her fiance, Steve are doing well. They have the newest grandbaby. Alexis, but Gram and Papa and Aunt Abby call her Lexi. She's 14 months old now. Just adorable. She was the new baby in our family about the time I disappeared from her. It's so cool to watch my husband with her.
Evil SD Chantal has moved to her oldest sister's house. She moved in March 2008. Things have been good here since. And her lifestyle is the same as it was here and her oldest sister and her husband are finally experiencing the same things we did. I find it quite validating. The sad thing is, her behavior isn't as significant to them as it is to us. I've decided it's because they just don't share the same values. They're from the everything is what it is and isn't my fault generation. Pathetic.
My oldest son, Ben had a heart attack late February. He's doing ok now. He was having a cat scan and he had an allergic reaction to the dye, they then gave him to much epanephran (i'm sure the spelling is wrong) and that caused the heart attack. He has to take all kinds of medicine now but is ok.
He got married in April to a sweet young girl. Her name is Kendra. They had been living together for the last 2 or 3 years. Between them, they have 4 kids. Three boys, Cameron age 7, Kyle age 7, Kaleb age 5 and Kaylee age 3. They're all wonderful kids and I love them to pieces.
Andy and I are both out of work. I had gotten the new job at the hospital, and was let go on 12/3, just 12 days before my probationary period was up. I'm fighting my termination, but it's my word against a couple other aides, and those who could defend me and prove me right are too afraid to speak out cuz they need their jobs so badly. Andy has been laid off more than he has worked this year and worked only 8 days in December.
Our house has been up for sale for 3 months obvious reasons. We've had 6 showings, one of which was a 2nd showing, but no offers. There are at least 12 house up for sale in our little subdivision.
OK, I think that brings us up to speed here.
I have missed you girls. I'm so glad to be back. I hope to post regularly until I get a job. And will work hard to post when I'm working again. I always do better when I'm here.

Annie, OMG Girl! You look BEAUTIFUL! You're doing so well. I almost didn't recognize you.

Sharon, Hi Sweetie! So sorry to hear you and the boys have been sick. Has you Dh gotten the bug yet today? I certainly hope you're feeling better.

Cyn, I've heard good things about Yes Man. It's really cool you folks get in for free. I hated shopping for scales when we got ours. I found ours at Bed Bath and Beyond for about $50, they go up to 450 pounds. Maybe you can get a coupon so they're not so expensive. I really appreciated how you said "Summer will be here before you know it." It's a wonderful reminder since we're heading into the dark part of winter. I tell myself everyday that the days are now getting longer. We'll be signing up for Softball and Soccer pretty soon. And, I've started getting seed and flower catalogs in the mail.

Carol, Look at you go, Girl! You're doing great! I too, love your motto for 2009.

To everyone else, I look forward to getting to know you better.

I have a bunch of chores for today. And Abby wants to go to Barnes & Nobles to sit and read for awhile. It's "our thing." And I have to start to plan our New Year's Eve menu. It'll include one naughty thing, plus the champagne and then lots of healthy snacks.

Hope all of you have a great day. See you soon.

Sandy
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Debbie,

Can I be part of the biggest loser weigh ins?

Angie
Old 12-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

SAndy, I kept MEANING TO email you again...I'm a terrible friend! SO SORRY it went wrong at the hospital, do you have a union/workers rep or something who can help you? I think of you often & hope things get beter REALLY soon for you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Debbie/DG FABULOUS news that your brother has made it this far!xxxxx It must be such a relief to you & your family.xxxxxx
Well I'm still not feeling right, oldest son thinks he doesn't have to pay full board as he hasn't for the last two weeks, he says he's leaving...YIPPPEEE He acts like he's doing us a favour living here, paying £40pw that doesn't even cover his food, let alone laundry/electricity/gas AND the extra work for me. He said his friends felt sorry for him coz he didn't have Christmas dinner, yes, really!!!! Like I was having a fun time in bed puking etc!!!! Then he said I was fat, selfish, no one liked me & he hopes I die!!!! Merry Christmas too, first-born.
Sorry, rant over.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 PM   #56  

HI sandy_ I think you were here when i joined in this past winter. Glad to know your son is doing good now.
sharon- more good news on my brother. He is unhooked from all medications now. I know at one point i counted 16 lines and tubes going into him. He is walking with a walker and doing great. He is also doing good with eating...hope WLS is worth it for him in the end.
I had a nice pamper session tonight and i am feeling much more human again. My tummy issues lasted a good 48 hours. I have even gotten in all my water today!!
I got a walk diet dvd from my daughter and did the 1 mile tonight.I am amazed at how i sailed thru it even with being weak from the bug. I am hoping to do the 2 mile tommorow.
Today is my 11 anv of my life change...eating healthy and taking care of myself!! I am happy overall with what i have accomplished!! I know that its easy to fall off the wagon and christmas eating was a good reminder of how i dont want to EVER go back to that way of eating!!!!
hugs to all and drink your water!!
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #57  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Oh Sharon, your son was dreadful to you. Is your oldest son between 18 and 25? It's a horrible age. I for one am quite fond of you and want you around as my friend forever. You've stuck by me thorough a lot. Feel better soon.
Love ya!
dgramie, Thanks for the welcome back. You're doing terrific! Glad you're feeling better.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi gang,

Well, I am here to come clean about eating dirty. If it was bad for me, I ate it. Since Christmas Eve I have been in a binge-a-thon (I shall update my ticker on January 1st). Today I ate LOTS of cashews, chocolate, pizza, chips and dip. NOTHING to feed my body. Only somehow trying to soothe my (bored?) mind. I have been very unproductive, which is nice to recharge, but good lord, this has to stop. I have some plans tomorrow which includes eating clean (I sometimes forget how much food you can eat when it's not crap), hopefully ~3 mile walk, cleaning the kitchen (can you say bomb when off), spend a little time doing some work, and cleaning. Plus DH and I will be parked in front of the television / computer to witness the Steelers game (of which I now have Steelers PJ bottoms, crocs and a jersey, so I should be set), the Chargers/Broncos game (go Chargers for DH) and the Northern Illinois University game (my avatar....and my alma mater).

I have my new years resolutions decided, and I am ready to go. Hopefully I will get a running start. I have also been pondering buying a Sensewear (like a bodybugg but has more options). It's a lot of money, so I am still undecided. And I don't really want people to "see" it. But why not? Because they have no idea I am fat, and wearing it would be admitting it? PLEASE. They know I am fat! Because wearing it admits I am trying to stop being fat (to the public), and then failure is more humiliating? PLEASE. Is it more humiliating than being my weight? Is it more humiliating than not fitting in airplace seats? Is it more humiliating than them thinking I don't know I am fat? These are thoughts that have been running through my head.

DH got me misc weight control things for Christmas. He got me the Wii My Fitness Coach. Let me tell you, she can work you out!!! Right now, my mind isn't ready, but a few days of clean eating a nice walks / rides on the exercise bike and I wil be up for the challenge. He also got me a heart rate /calorie tracking watch, but it is very manual and guesstimates, like the computer does. I will be returning it (and he is ok with that). I may save that money for the Sensewear. Or a balance ball. Or who knows. He also got me "You on a Diet" book. Very fast read, completed it Christmas day. It's great to understand what is going on in your body. Being a biology major, it was a nice refresher course. I must admit though....I am addicted to food. It doesn't really deal with that. It does stress eating clean (without saying those words). DH is a fabulous guy who just wants me to have good health. And I love him for that and many other reasons.

Carol and I were talking today about 5Ks and things like that. I mentioned there is a very big race (55,000 people) who do the "Bolder Boulder" the weekend of Memorial Day. It is a 10K though. I told her I wanted to do it someday. But I told her I didn't think this year was someday. She told me I can do it. How can someone else believe in me, and yet I can't? I am confident that I can walk a 5K right now (walk, not run, and my legs would be grumpy), but a 10K? That's a lot of miles (to me)!! But it got me thinking about it may be something I should train for. It's ~ 5 months away. There is a 5K in town that I will do in July. Again, walking. But that is ok.

I will be spending time in the coming week to get myself caught up on work (we have the week off), as well as organizing and cleaning the house. I will start the year off in a good state of mind. Work will be VERY demanding this coming year with two regulatory filings for the drug I am working on, regulatory agency inspections, travel (ack), and just lots of general stuff. I can plan to use that as an excuse, or I can plan to plan around work and still take care of me. I think it will be plan to plan around work and still take care of me. And that will make this coming year super successful. I would like to be 50 to 60 pounds lighter this time next year. Is that "at goal"? Nope, but it's a **** of a lot healthier than I am now, so that's ok. And on my rather tall frame, it will be ok.

Wow, that may just be my longest post. Why you ask? Multiple reasons...one, I ate too much pizza and my tummy has no desire to go to bed. Two, DH is sleeping because he has a cold. Three, I need to try to not always have fly bys on this board. I truly respect some of you ladies, I truly don't get some of you ladies , and I truly need to get myself into the right mind set.

With that, I should go.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 12-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Debi, I'm with you....the tree is coming down! Once Christmas is over and all the packages are gone, it's just not so pretty any more. Plus I'm ready to move on with the end of the year and start a new one. Have fun cleaning the house! I know mine sure needs it to, but we're addicted to this silly Wii game Animal Crossing. It's so cute!
Great news on your brother!!!

Annie, hope your fast asleep and the pills are doing their job on relaxing your back. Sweet dreams

Catherine, I think it's so great that you open your home to strangers. I guess once they get there, they aren't strangers anymore.
Someday I hope to open my home to people like that.

Sharon, hope your feeling better. You should of gotten sick on hubby! These sons of ours suck! Sorry to hear that yours doesn't appreciate all the care and love you had put into him while growing up.

Sandy, I hope that the new year will bring you both jobs and peace. Sounds like you've been going thru alot lately. Glad to see you back!

Angie, yes you can!

Just wanted to check in before I hit the showers and then read my book. Have a good night everyone!
Debbie
Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #60  

Scales are up 5lbs this morning even though i spent alot of the night getting up and going to pee. Im hoping its water weight but decided to go ahead and face it and deal with it!! If the extra pounds are not gone by sat I will change my ticker then.
Today is my granddaughters baptism service. Hubby wants to hit mcdonalds on the way so I will have a yogurt there. I know we are having soup for lunch at my sons so I will do my best there.
My game plan is back to basic eating...no white products for awhile. Lean meats and lots of veggies!! I am planning on really being careful of sugar and bad carbs both for a few weeks to get me going again. I know im a few days early starting this but i cant wait till the new year to get back with it!!! I only have 8 weeks till my daughters wedding.
hugs to all
Closed Thread