3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300 + Weekly Thread #1189

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #31

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies..

I watched TBL last night! I love that show Today is our holiday party at work. Although I know I will be munching I am going to really watch what I eat. Not just not to eat to much, but I always feel like crap after eating to much junk. Also not going to drink soda. Arizona is still in a sea of rain/ snow up north!! Wonderful!! I got to pull out a sweater and wear it!!!

Zelma: That was me that asked about your holiday to the states! You will enjoy it! Vegas is fun fun!

carol: Happy Birthday lady!!!!

Purpleorc: The rudolph ice sculpture is basically a big block of ice that they use a chain saw or something sharp to sculp out a design. In this case rudolph. I hear alot of cruise ships have them. Arizona is normally warm even in the winter so they melt quickly..but its been cold enough here they have been around for a few.

Angie: Colorado will be my home..one day. We hope! I have been up one mountain there..not wlalking ..and that was mt Evans. Beautiful!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #32

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Carol: Happy Birthday!

Zelma: Doh! All those meds and now thrush?! Goodness...it is so irritating when the meds cause other problems. LOL I remember when I had to go to the ER because of my legs spawning palm sized blisters in under 12 hours and I'm sitting in there and they give me all these pills. So, I blindly take them, then they explain what they gave me. I'm out of it from something and then they tell me they gave me an antibiotic, but the only thing is you're not supposed to take it without friggin' food. So, I'm out of it, sick now, and turning red from something else they gave me lol. You have to laugh about it, or it would drive you mad. I hope it all works out for you and you are on your way to healing.

dgramie: Good to hear your brother is doing a little bit better. I hope every day is better than the day before!

gggirls: I will soon I think. I am a bit skittish about the full body shots, but it is something to overcome. I mean I walked around Target last night with such confidence, who cares if I show all my flaws in a photo lol.

purpleorc: Well my boyfriend thinks that my monthly sabotages me greatly in my life. Meaning, I get really depressed, I physically hurt obviously, but the thing is my body changing already so I think that just adds to it. My depression I get, which I try to hide but that never works, really interferes with my diet and my life. So, I think finally taking that plunge to go to the doctor is key to get some help.

As for me. Well, you know you deal with stresses and I've had a few, but things are looking up and moving toward positive things. It was funny, last night I was wandering around Target giggling at the ugly plus size clothes (seriously who wants to wear dark brown pants with an ugly grey sweater?) and had so much self confidence. I wore my new jeans, I had on an oversized teeshirt, but I decided against wearing one of those button down shirts I always wear over my shirts to cover me up. Apparently, according to my boyfriend, I look like I'm wearing huge tents or mu mus when I do that. So, I had on things that fit I guess...anyhow, I'm walking around and giggling at everything. I couldn't help it, the shoes alone made me laugh. I mean I saw BRIGHT BLUE ankle boots...ack! lol...Anyhow, random people started talking to me. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. I usually just avoid people and people avoid me. Last night, people smiled, nodded, had brief conversations with me. How is that for a change? lol

Weight Loss Progress: June 08-June 09: -63lbs

Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello fellow chicks.

I have just returned from my grocery shop talk about shop until you drop, well that is what I feel like now so I have now sat down to recharge the batteries before heading out to night. I feel proud of myself I never indulged in any naughties even though they were calling big time and sure they had my name on I get big cravings for sweet things especially chocolate at this time of the month. Then to top it off there was free samples of cake around the bakery section of the grocery store. Phew fortunate the samples were not chocolate based but fruit, if it had been chocolate based in any way I would have ate the lot . I suppose I will have to be satisfied with my hot chocolate tonight before bedtime.

Jacquie668 It sound like TOM impact upon your life greatly each month. Bucking up the courage to go will I am sure pay dividends. Take you boyfriend if you can for moral support if you feel you need it. Write symptoms and signs down if like me you forget half of what you wanted to tell the doctor that way you tend to cover everything you wanted to.

azcyn The more I hear about these ice sculptors the more I would love to see of them. They sound spectacular to me. I am wondering whether I might get my first white Christmas in 30 years. The last one was when I was a teenager of 14 when did I get to be this old

dgramie Wow what changes you have made in a year that is wonderful how far you have come. I am really please for you. It shows you that not only does it mean we wear lower clothes sizes but it impacts greatly on health. With your medication being reduced greatly. I love your goals that you have for the forth coming months and years.

dogpal Look forward to reading your post on here later on when you return from work. Sound though you will be having bad weather later with the major snow fall forecast. Has I was telling azcyn I maybe lucky and get my first white Christmas in 30 years. We very seldom see snow and when we do it is a light covering.

Americaninuk Getting back into the swing of things when you have a few days off can be hard. I often have to walk that path with having MS and can not exercise when I want the mind is willing but the body is not playing game shall we say. Then after a few days off it is hard then to motivate oneself when your body is able to do it so I have to give myself a few to sort myself out. I will not exercise today as I have walked quite a lot today and that will suffice for my daily dose of exercise.

Sounds like it is a good job pumpkin pie is off the menu around here It is something I have never tasted as pumpkin is not used a great deal around here as you have probably discovered since living here.

gggirls Thanks for sharing the photographs between you birthdays. Wow what a change in you your an inspiration to us here on 3fc. No wonder you doctor was over the moon on your last visit. You look wonderful and love the black and white top your wearing. It reminds me of a black and white top I own that I get many good comments when wearing it. Unfortunately it is getting a smidge on the big side for me so not much more wear to come out of it.

Time to go and sort a bit of tea out when I say tea I mean food. Here in the UK it can refer to something hot or cold. Traditionally high tea was sandwiches, cakes and a cup of tea. Though as people work it has become a cooked main meal of the day.

Take care and catch up with you soon.
purpleorc
Old 12-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #34

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

I got off work at 7:30. It stinks when the boss asks you to come in earlier than normal only to get off earlier than normal. Ugh! Oh well, I came home and put on the Biggest Looser from last night and rode my bike to it. I have 2 Jillian Michaels DVD's to workout to. I think I will try one in a bit. As promised, we are getting tons of snow. lol. It is so beautiful and it just makes me happy and wishful for a fireplace or wood burning stove too. Oh well, another thing to add to our wish list for our house.

Jacquie: Woo hoo for your new pants! I'm so happy that you are feeling good about things. Hugs.

Zelma: Get better soon hun. Poor thing.

Debi: I am so glad that things are going in the right direction with your brother. Hugs and prayers still coming your way. I think your goals are very lovely.

Val: Good job eating better.

Angie: Congrats working out despite all of the hours you have been working. I love your goals too.

Americaninuk: Feel better soon.

PUrple: Your Rizzie is just as cute as I imagined him to be. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Penny: Thanks sweetie. Good luck to you on your interview. Hugs and drive safe.

Cyn: Have a great time at the party at work.

I posted a picture of myself and DH from his work party on Saturday night. I love that shirt that I have on in the photo but it is getting too large already. I bought it more than a month ago and saved it to wear for DH party and now it is getting too large. Oh well, someone will have a beautiful shirt when I pass it on.

Be blessed and stay safe,
Annie
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #35

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Beth, sounds like you are really excited about losing weight and can't wait until the new year. Walking all that way to the post office and getting off of the bus a stop before yours is great!!! I'm so proud of you for working on yourself even sooner than you planned!

Americaninuk, great bunch of ladies here huh? Glad you can join us and I can't wait to get to know you better.

Hi Ammi, get offa that Wii!!!

Zelma, sounds like you've really had a bout of bad health here lately. I hope all the meds will get you up and running!! Take care

Debi, that's wonderful that your brother is improving! So happy to hear the good news!! I think your plan on staying OP til Christmas Eve and then right back OP is great.

Val, YAY on controlling your intake at the party!! Whoo Hoo!!

Angie, the goals that you set for yourself are great! Very doable too once you set your mind to it.

Carol, Happy Birthday!!!

Purple, cute doggie!!

Penny, good luck a the interview!!

Annie, the pic of you and Joel turned out so nice. It's just amazing the difference I see in you.

Well ladies, we are having more snow than I have ever seen in my life. It's so amazingly beautiful and I feel so blessed to enjoy it and be safe and happy. This year is so much better than last. I have my family all together. Right now my son and dil are staying with us because of all the snow and neither one of them has the experience to drive in it so Jim, being from Illinois is chauffering us around. So it's been fun having them here. We decorated the tree the other night, and went to go look at all the Christmas lights and even road the little Christmas train. Last year at this time, we weren't even talking and I didn't know if I would ever see him again. And now with the snow, it couldn't be more perfect!!

Now, don't forget to sign up for the BLC here on our very own thread. I hope more of you join because as the saying goes, the more the merrier!! We're up to 6 brave ladies, do I see anymore brave souls??? Just let me know here in the postings or send me a PM!!
Have a wonderful day!
Debbie

Last edited by Debbie54 : 12-17-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #36

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

debbie54= Im looking forward to getting to know each and everyone on this part of the forum as well.. and youre right.. great bunch of gals

purpleorc= you are lucky you dont have the pumpkin pie monster on your back lol.. its so good. between that, twinkies, ding dongs, ho hos, and little debbie not being sold here, i usually do fine sweet tooth wise. one bonus to moving to another country

I got called today for an interview on fri am at 10. I'm so jazzed. Its right up my alley as its something i did for years in the states and that is collections. in the states i did both sales and collections for a phone co, and also worked for bank of marin in cc collections... so wish me good luck pls. I'm kinda nervous as i havnt gone to an interview over here as of yet and im not sure if it is the same or not.
well, i ended up only doing about 10 mins on my bike today.. got hot, sweaty and felt crappy so i figured i shouldnt push it. did well on my food tho
hope everyone is having a super day

goal for when i fly home june 4th.. prob too much to hope for, but what do ya have without hope? lol
Old 12-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #37
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

What is BLC? If it is another weekly weigh in thing, I want to join in.
My goal of 100 pounds lost is so close that I can't stop thinking of it and my cravings for crap have gone off the charts! Agh, I can't deal with this! Send me some "don't think about it" everyone...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #38
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Debbie-I haven't had time to post, but I have been praying for your brother.

Ammi-I of all people understand how hard it is to come here when you aren't losing, or are actually gaining. It's been so long since I changed my ticker, I'm not sure I remember how. The hardest part isn't the losing, it is the maintaining, and frankly, learning how to live a new life. We put our failures on public display in order for those that are new, to understand that this isn't a one stop destination, but is rather a long term continuous journey. We also give support to others having a hard time that they aren't the only ones who are having a hard time, or "failing." We are stronger with your presence.

Carol-So you're still celebrating birthdays? I do too, but take the battery out of the smoke detector before they light those candles on my cake.

Annie-We were having such a nice fall, and all of a sudden you decided to send your cold weather up north. Thanks. At least we got snow for Christmas. It was starting to look like we weren't going to have any.

Americaninuk-I also like pumpkin pie. What I do is take a can of pumpkin, add the artificial sweetener of your choice, some cinnamon and nutmeg, mix in a little low-cal whip cream, and it makes a great pumpkin pudding. Pumpkin is actually very good for those needing to lose a lot of weight because it helps maintain skin elasticity that can help with sagging skin.

I've been AWOL because I've had to do some serious contemplation (and cleaning for our Christmas party). I had a really hard time with my pastoral theology oral exam. When I had my brain injury, one of the oddest things was that I could no longer speak or understand French and Spanish, but I could still read it. The neurologist concluded that I had stored oral and written in different parts of my brain, and the oral part had been hurt. This class was my first pure lecture class. We had no textbook, and then an oral exam. I had a horrible time in the exam. It's never a good thing when a professor has to keep answering the questions for you. I'd say, yeah I know all that, and then he'd tell me that he still needed to hear it from me. Being half my grade, I was fairly sure I had failed the class. I just couldn't seem to comprehend what he was asking me. It was as if he was holding up a banana and I was saying pencil.

I talked to the Dean of Students. I wanted to explain why I was probably going to fail the class, since she is the one who decides on scholarships, and I saw mine going bye-bye. She talked to the professor, and he is going to pass me anyway. He thought I was just nervous, and I had demonstrated in class that I understood the material well enough to be teaching the class. He had been puzzled more than anything else by my oral exam performance. The Dean wants me to take an accommodation if this happens again and request a take home exam. I told her that I would never accept an accommodation, and I think she knew that before she suggested it. It’s possible that my cognitive issues were made worse by stress. I foresee some more neurological testing in my future. In the meantime, I’m taking only one class in the Spring, and that’s going to be an online option so it will all be in writing. I decided to take the Spring semi-off so that I could go to the pool 2-3 times a week. I’m going to work on myself first. I intend to spend the next 8-9 months really working on me hard, so that I can go back full time next Fall. Really being confronted by, and coming to grips with my limitations has been hard. I’m much more accepting of my physical limitations. I don’t even mind having to walk with a half crutch anymore, but being confronted with my brain not working right makes me feel really defective.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:41 PM   #39

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Toni, I'm starting a Biggest Loser Challenge just for us on this thread. I'll write your name down if you want to join.

Debbie
Old 12-18-2008, 06:34 AM   #40

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Debbie54- what exaclty is involved with the biggest loser? is it a time limit and the one that loses the most wins? kinda new still so just learnin lol.. if so, sign me up pls.. would help me to have some kind of challenge i think

CatherineM- I may have to try that soon (the pumpkin pie thing) once i get to the point i know i wont eat the whole thing at one sitting lol.. it has been about a two and a half years since i have had any pumpkin pie, and i think(i know) i would go overboard. but thank you for the info, cause it Will come in handy soon i hope

Good morning ladies. Usually i would get on the scale this am and see how im doing, but after being sick and not being able to exercise i dont wanna get depressed lol.. so im gonna wait a bit I feel like a brand new woman this morning, no pain, no more nausea(must be getting used to the antibiotics), and looking forward to getting totally back OP. I'm going to have hubby take some 'before' pics of me this weekend. I'm kinda nervous to post them but i have seen how brave a lot of women have been even to the point of posting pics in their underwear and bras and i think that is awesome. It will be great to have 'show all' pics to look back on and see how well you have done. Im not sure if i have the cajones to be in underwear and bra, but i will wear something that hides Nothing... not that you can really 'hide' 290lbs lol. I wont be smiling in any of the pics as i am in the middle of dental work and missing my two front teeth.. just in time for xmas right? lol..
Well, gonna get off here for now and have some breakfast.. i hope everyone is doing well and staying OP

goal for when i fly home june 4th.. prob too much to hope for, but what do ya have without hope? lol
Old 12-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #41

Height: 5'7"

Things with my brother seem to be improving slowly. He was suppost to come off the vent yesterday but wasnt able to wake up enough so they will try again today. He is on reg type of dialysis now and will slowly wean off if. His blood counts are much better now. thanks for the prayer and good thoughts I think he is getting close to being out of the woods. I cant wait to report he in a reg room and out of ICU!!

I did great with food yesterday. My scales were up 7lbs yesterday and today are only up 3. Im hoping that pumping water again today will take them back down to the right place! It feel good to be back OP. I am hoping to even lose a few pounds by the end of the year.

annie- way to go girl..you are almost out of the 20s.I am a tad bit jealous! I may not catch back up with you but i am so proud of you!!! I hope and pray my brother will have the success with WLS you have had.

I promise to try and catch up on personals soon. I am so far behind!
hugs to all
Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #42

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps - I too am so far behind with personals. I am reading each and every one of the posts and thinking of you all.

I need to kick it in gear exercise wise - I have all the tools just need to open up the tool box. Just because the class was cancelled due to weather on Tuesday doesn't mean I can be a couch potatoe - but I was/am. Seems as though the ice storm coming will probably cancel tonight too - so I will exercise a minimum of 60 minutes today and report back here later.

Food the last day and a half has not been compeltely OP either - not sure what that is all about but today it will be different. I have the day planned - big key for me instead of flying by the seat of my pants.

Annie - you look beautiful in the pic of you and Joel. But your top is too big already - it's so hard to buy clothes that actually fit us now isn't it. Thank you for sharing the pic.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 AM   #43

Good morning all,

Debbie: I will sign up for the BLC for sure. We woke up this am to more than 2 Feet of snow!!!! It is above my doggie's backs and they are not sure what to do about going potty. How was Jim's party? I hope you had a good time.

Americaninuk: Good luck with your interview. I will pray that you do well.

Toni: The BLC is Biggest Looser Challenge. You should join up.

Catherine: Uh, I think the snow is from Canada. lol. Hugs to you on the test hun.

Debi: I get so excited about hearing that your brother is doing a bit better. I will continue to pray for him. It is so encouraging that he is doing a bit better every day. Sorry you are up 3 but it will be gone before you know it. I am out of the 220's today. I am at 219. You will be there soon too. I know it. Hugs.

Well, I just wanted to say that I am missing lots of people and would like to know how you guys are if you are lurking. Brandnewme, Brenda, Ratkitty, Sharon, Mimi, All of you mia chickies, hope you are well.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #44

Carol: Thanks for the compliments. You are right. It is too big already. lol. I guess we were posting at the same time. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Be blessed,
Annie
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #45

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

dgramie: I am soooo happy your brother is getting better! (( HUGS ))

Americaninuk: join BLC with us!!! ( reminding myself I gotta by a scale)

The office party went well yesterday. I did not over eat!! Also every room at food in it. I stayed in ours. I know better them to go poking my head around lol

Off to work ladies...everyone have a great day!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.