3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300 + Weekly Thread #1189

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #16

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Flying by this morning..

Arizona is cold and rainy yeah!! Also Northern Arizona got its first snow this morning!! YEAH!!!

I am going to drink extra water today for everyone!

I am back..new goals placed on my heart by the Lord..with Him I will succeed!Living with Gastroparesis has taught me a thing or 2 about life!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #17

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Americaninuk: Welcome back. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Glad that you came back. I hope you feel better soon.

Ammi: Hi sweet friend! I miss you. So happy to see you post. Glad that you are enjoying your gaming though.

Val: Woo hoo to having a good eating day. Way to go!

Purple: Your Rizzie sounds so cute. Doggies sure do make messes. lol. Go to the store and get yourself some new underware. lol.

Debi: I am glad that your brother had a baby step towards health. It will be a long road but one step at a time he can get healthy. I love you too and I am so sorry that this happened to your brother. I really feel for you. I have to say that when I lost my brother John in 11/06 it hit me so hard that is when I started really trying to get healthy and lose weight. Thank you for reminding us that it really is all about health. I'll continue to pray for your brother's health. Hugs.

They asked me to work late today to run a machine called a sorter. I don't want to learn to run any machines. I am going to concentrate on getting a job after the first of the year. A job that I enjoy and I don't have to get up so early for. lol. I have been up since 2:30 and I am sleepy. It is so cold in the building where I work that those DVD's felt like ice cubes. I am happy to be home where my furbabies are glad to see me and where I am warm.

I am down another 1/2 pound today which is so wonderful. I have been trying so hard to get to my next goal and now If I continue on the way I have been this past week, I may just make it very soon. I couldn't have done this without all of you pushing me and encouraging me along the way. So, thank you one and all.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #18

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

dgramie: I'm happy to hear your brother is doing better. I hope he is on his way to recovery and even though it may be a long haul, you and your family are in my thoughts.

TY for the avatar compliments. I have since updated with a recent picture in my new duds lol. I went bathroom mirror picture taking crazy today...though I didn't take a full shot of my body, I'll do that soon. I guess I can post some pictures in the progress section, but they are just waist up shots lol.

I'm happy to report my jeans fit, I got them at Old Navy (plus size online) for like $12 bucks. WOO! I feel a bit sexy in them...aside from my tummy...god it is huge.

TOM is moving on, but I've been doing a lot of research into PMDD and I think I fit that. So, next month I finally go to the doctor and ask about what I can do. I also have a few other issues I need to get looked at. I'm thinking I can ask about that Yaz pill as it does birth control and PMDD/PMS...

Weight Loss Progress: June 08-June 09: -63lbs

Old 12-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a fly by before a VERY busy day at school. JUST TWO DAYS TO GO!!! I am moving out of my two rooms (IT and Music) and am not really wanted in the two rooms I am supposed to move into, which feels REALLY good. We have a few staff members who are acting a little selfish lately and it is kinda a downer.

Just an update on the latest health 'things' with me. On top of being on depression meds, and still getting over my FIFTH bouth of laryngitis for the year, and being on strong antibiotics for a UTI... I now have THRUSH from the antibiotics!!!! Yes, you can all chuckle now. When I told people at school yesterday they just laughed. I suppose I was a 'little' dramatic when I told them. Sort of like "what ELSE could I want huh?" Still, if I didn't laugh about it I may be tempted to cry, so I'll just keep giggling and make people think I am going insane on top of everything else. I suppose at least it is ONLY thrush, so it can be easily treated. When I first got the pain it felt as though someone was sticking a knife in my abdomen, so I went into major panic mode.

I can't believe the number of medicine packets I am getting ready to take on holiday. With all the pills and creams, I am not sure what customs is going to think. They will mostly go in check in luggage, so hopefully it will be OK. There is nothing illegal in there, just LOTS of it!

Someone (I think Cyn, but am being lazy and not going back to check) asked if I was just going to Hawaii. We are spending just over a week in Hawaii, just on Oahu, then just over a week in Las Vegas, then about 12 days in Southern CA, going to Disneyland, San Diego and Los Angeles for a few days each. We then go back to Honolulu for a couple of days before flying home. It is a long trip home - 10 hours to Sydney, a couple of hours in the airport there, then 4 hours home - so I think I will be VERY happy to get home after all that. But I can't WAIT to actually be on holiday after all of this mess at school and with my health. I want my mind and body to be able to just rest and unwind.

Well, off to get ready for my second last day at work for the school year!!!!!!!

Take care,

Zelma

My Website- Including Before/After Pictures
Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #20

Height: 5'7"

More good news on my brother.....if things continue to stay the same they are going to try and start weaning him off the vent. HIs wife said alot of the swelling is starting to leave his body so thats awesome news.

Now me...well I have tried to eat the house today. I know that Tom is close and that exhaustion has set in.Cant go back and change it and was aware of what i was doing. SO tonight i am drinking another bottle of water and then going to bed early. Tommorow is a new day and day 1 back OP.I didnt weigh in last week on sat. SO i am going with a stay the same ...i was the same on friday. I am going to behave myself until christmas eve dinner. I will eat one cheat meal on christmas day. I will get right back OP and stay there until my bday and have a meal out. Then right back OP till the wedding.

Last edited by dgramie : 12-16-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #21
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Christmas office party today at the new job, and MAN! They know how to party! Oh, did I mention that I work for Pizza Hut/WingStreet? I didn't go way overboard and am reasonably happy with the day.

It's AMAZING how much better, mentally sharper, more energetic, I feel even just greatly reducing the garbage I've been putting in my body. It never ceases to amaze me that I eat things that make me feel awful, time and time again. If feels so good to eat better!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #22

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Things here are ok. Worked until about 9pm last night...from 7:30am. Another busy day. But I got my workout in. My strategy for work and workouts is set now. I will work until 5 or 6 pm, come home, eat a little something, workout, and the work more if necessary. I will work very hard to make myself a priority, as well as my work. We will see how it goes.

Happy birthday Carol!!!

That's about it from me tonight.

Later all,
Angie
Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #23

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default Goals...

What are your goals in life? I am not talking about new years resolutions...I am talking about goals. I have been pondering this some lately. I don't have kids, therefore my goal isn't to provide for my kids...blah blah blah. I am trying to find things that I think would help define me (probably to me). Accomplishments. Things to strive for. Here are my thoughts (off the top of my head). I think I need to invest some time thinking about them, to see what they mean to me.

- Climb a mountain (preferrably 14er) in Colorado. I want to do with with DH, to look over the mountains and just enjoy it. Take it all in.
- Complete some sort of "race". Most likely a 10K. Not necessarily running.
- Do meaningful work. I try to remember this, but I forget it a lot. I work for a great biotech company that makes extremely meaningful meds. They help people every day. I am a key to this. I need to know this is meaningful....but it is what I want? I don't know.
- Retire. I don't know how. I don't know when. But I want to enjoy retirement.

I feel like that isn't a lot. I need more goals. But not quantity, I want quality.

Just some pondering for the evening.

Angie
Old 12-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #24

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Thank you all for the special birthday wishes - they mean so very much to me!

Jacquie - please take full body pics - you will regret it if you don't.

I will post pics later from my 50th bd as well as my 51st bd today - not as different as I had hope but certainly quite different.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 AM   #25

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

Well, I think im feeling a little better this am, but yesterday sucked lol.. I am on 2500 mgs of antibiotics a day and yesterday they made me so nauseas and all i seemed to crave and keep down was carbs.. nice...felt too blah to ride my stationary bike or lift weights... so im sure i gained some from yesterday but im not gonna let it get me down. one thing i didnt give into is i used to be a big soda freak, and even tho i was sooo queasy and would have killed for a soda, i didnt.. not one swallow..but 7-up would have been so good lol.
the good part, is the pain is gone. my sinus infection was so bad it had gone into my cheek bone.. didnt know that could happen and dont want to ever have it happen again.. feels like your cheek will explode.
my mother was going thru her old pics, and sent me a few of me when i was in my 20s.. i thought i was so fat then.. about 170lbs.. what i wouldnt give to be there again lol.. new motivation
hubbys work breaks up on the 23rd til the 5th of jan so im looking forward to having that time with him. i dont know anyone in this country really cept his parents and him, so i get pretty bored during the day. been looking for a job, but with the economy and xmas, i havnt had any luck.

DGRAMIE- Im glad your brother is doing better. it can be so scary when someone you care about is that unhealthy.

goal for when i fly home june 4th.. prob too much to hope for, but what do ya have without hope? lol
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #26
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good morning Ladies

Last night we escaped the frost instead we had something we never see any of rain Well joking apart far safer on the road with a light covering of rain than a sheet of ice. Looks a lovely crispy sun shine out side today lovely day for walking providing you wrap yourself up warm.

Next week at the oxygen tank will be my last time for 2 weeks as the centre goes on its Christmas break. I will imagine that the session will be very busy indeed due to the fact of the holidays. I really do not like more than 5 in the tank but they do hold up to 7 people. Though 7 people is a tight squeeze and you have to just about book your turn to move your elbows and move your legs I have only been in with 6 and that was bad enough so I am really hoping that it is not that full.

Next Tuesday not only is it my tank session it is also a day for a meal with my DH works. So I had a try run yesterday could I get ready in the morning with war paint on, get dresses and do my hair. Well I managed it just about. It is not ideal situation by any means I would have preferred to have not gone there but DH does voluntary work at the centre so he knows how important that is to others with MS.

Must go and get dressed and go to do the weekly grocery shop. Plus coming on 3fc site at a more humanly hour and not with the birdies is much nicer for me.

Americaninuk Sorry to hear that you are having a pretty grotty time due to the antibiotics and the infection. Antibiotics are renowned for making you feel nauseous or have the trotters. Hope you will feel better soon. I only have ever had a sinus infection once and I never would like the return of it again. Like you say you feel your cheek or above your eye is going to explode due to the pressure. Concentrate on getting better first do not worry too much if you stray from your healthy eating for a couple of days. Exercise is wise to be put on hold so your body repairs itself. Then after 2 or 3 days rest you can start a fresh. I try to have nutritious meals but do not worry so much if I slip up with the odd sweet or cookie.

It is what you get use to and you was brought up using pounds so it is the way you are likely to think. During my schooling we went from imperial measurements to metric. Even though I understand metric I still use imperial more often than not. I suppose as my parents and others still use it I still do so we are all talking on the same wave length.

gggirls Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your progress from your birthdays.

Realist gosh you have set me thinking what are my goals in life. Like yourself I have no children so my values will be different to others I know.
  1. My goal is to stay mobile as long as possible
  2. To be a healthy
  3. To be at my goal weight.
  4. To own a motor home (MV)
  5. To go to the remote Scottish Islands
  6. To go to Ireland
My list is growing by the minute it is nice to have made me think what do I what to strive for. Several of mine are health related as if I am not so well doing some of the other things will be very difficult but not impossible.

NoLifeWithoutHorses Glad you enjoyed the works Xmas do and you did not stray to far from the path of healthy eating. I know how sweet it feels to have been good not to mention how much better the body feels with not being fuelled with rubbish.

dgramie
Great again to wake up and find that your brother has more positive news. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family.

It is no wonder weight ins and eating on plan did not happen with all that you had going on they were least of your worries. Nice that you have set yourself Little goals of being on plan but little treat meals for birthday's and Christmas. This way makes it more achievable as you know that there is going to be a reward at the end, first a nice meal and second you looking fabulous on your daughters wedding day.

ZedAus Sounds like your life at the minute is going at 100mph with all that is going off at the minute. I hope that you have a fabulous holiday and recharge those batteries.

Antibiotics are renown for giving you thrush as they knock out bacteria full stop good and bad. They do not know the antibiotics which are good or bad bacteria they just kill them. So hence you are vulnerable to thrush which in turn needs more potions and lotions to kill it. Hmm you got me thinking if I were to go through customs with my suitcase of medication. OK so I exaggerate a wee bit but I am 9 different sorts I think so a fair whack. I sure if you shook me I would rattle

Jacquie668 Glad your trousers fit and you feel a little sexy in them. That is one step closer to feeling that more often.

I do hope you get a diagnoses soon and even if it is PDDS you can at least be treated for it. Half the battle is knowing what is wrong and then you can do things to make it more bearable. Medication can be helpful, maybe diet may play a factor but I am not 100% sure as it is an area which I know very little about. I hated being in what is called limbo-land not knowing what is wrong yet you know yourself that things are not right. You do not know what to do to help yourself as you do not have a name to the syndrome or disease. You feel like you are walking on egg shells fearing anything that you do to try and help might make the condition worse.

dogpal Yes Rizzie is cute( mind you I am bias ) but can make as much mess if not more than a child. I must admit though since he has got older he has got better. When we first had him he would shred every bit of paper in site. Never touched the furniture or anything else just paper. He is nearly 10 years old now well will be in January. Here is a picture of him earlier in the year begging and the second about 3 years back in Scotland

Time to shoot for now so take care and will come back soon. I have to go grocery shopping now. Sure is nice though to come on when the birdies aren't even out of bed yet Till next time

purpleorc
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #27

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/180

Height: 5'3

PURPLEORC- i am going to take it easy and not worry too much, but i am going to try to get on my bike for at least 15 mins today. my biggest downfall to losing weight is when i do go off plan for even a little while, i cant seem to get back on forever . i had been doing so well, i just dont wanna lose all the headway i made. i put my cals for the day into daily plate, and it came up 1825 counting dinner tonight, so thats not too bad. hubby, bless him, bought a tin of celebrations the other day and i had a couple pieces yesterday. this am i made him take it to work and put it in his locker lol. he is usually pretty good about bringing junk into the house, but with xmas season, oh well lol.

i dont like 'christmas pudding', hot crossed buns, or any of the other christmas stuff over here which is a plus i guess, so i wont be tempted by any of that.. now if pumkin pie with cool whip was on the menu i would be soo in trouble lol..

i hope everyone is having a good day and staying op.

goal for when i fly home june 4th.. prob too much to hope for, but what do ya have without hope? lol
Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #28

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Very Quicky as I am heading out to work.

Carol: Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday sweetie. I see a huge difference in your last year pics and your this year pics!!! You look so amazing and beautiful!! I love the blouse you are wearing in your this year pics. So pretty and such a wonderful cut. Sexy!

Hugs and blessings to everyone. I will be back later today after work. We are expecting major SNNOOOOWWWW today.

Annie
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #29

Height: 5'7"

I cant believe its Wed already. Kids are out of school here today as we got another layer of ice over night.I will be suprised if we have school tommorow by the way things look and knowing we are not getting above freezing again today. I wasnt ready for winter yet!!!
I woke up this morning and scales are up 7lbs...YIKES!!!! I had to get up last night and takes some tums..(they are hard as rocks because i havent had to use them in 11months). I dont want to feel like that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been doing alot of thinking...about changes in my life;
This year I have lost 80lbs...I have gone from a 28 to an 18.
I have became a mother in law...(son got married last newyears eve). I have became a grandmother(awesome feeling).
I have 2 college graduates..my daughter finished yesterday
My baby started college and did great this semester.
Hubby has made it thru the year to this point without a hospital stay. Last year he had 3.
I have attend church pretty regular and grew closer to GOD.
I had a big garden and enjoyed working in it.
I am eating healthier and getting more exercise(not enough now that the season has changed).
My blood pressure med has been cut by 3/4 this year.
I feel like my outlook on life is better.
My cabinets are clean...
I enjoy my job..I play with the kids more than i use too.

my goal are: to get to my ideal body weight...i dont want to be skinny just healthy.
To get more exercise and maybe someday do a 5k . I would love to get to the point i can jog a mile straight.
Have a closer relationship with God and do my daily bible study.
Be the best mother and mother inlaw and grandmother i can be!!
Get our house paid for in a few years.
Keep my hubby healthy and maybe get his meds staight so that he can be level.
encourage him to exercise daily and lose weight before the wedding.
Get off blood pressure meds completely.
spent more time with family..coming close to losing a brother makes it seem silly that i dont see him more often.

Today is day 1 back OP.
Carol_ awesome pictures..You look amazing. What a difference..you look so much younger now!!!! Your whole posture is different!!!

hugs to all those who are sick..
off to drink my water..and jump on the minitramp.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #30

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Okay, I am going to be quick today.

Annie, I looked at you pictures updated and wow you are doing great! Keep going!

Carol, Yes, I can see a big difference. So confident and beautiful. Keep up the good work! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

I am off to eat breakfast and then get the girls out the door for school and get ready for an interview today. Yucky weather and have to drive an hour for it today. Not in the mood either. Just really been blah with Christmas so close and haven't really been able to get anything yet. Hubby has a few things bought so that is good and we know what we have left to get. Well, I better get moving. Penny
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.