Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Evening all,

The itching has subsided mostly. Due to anti-itch meds. I had an allergic reaction to...something. No clue what. Or my body reacted badly to stress. Not sure what. I am now on prednisone as well. So hope it doesn't cause the hungries like I normally do. Need to lose lose lose.

Debbie - I am pondering TBL challenge, just not sure yet. We are working on a regulatory filing 1st half of next year, and scheduling a meeting with the FDA. I think I will have some travel, long hours, tons of work, and I still need to find time to exercise. I don't want the guilt of not being supportive of my "team", so I will remain unknown at this time.

Ammi - It's nice to see you back. You provided great motivation for me last year. You have lost it, and you will lose it again. I hope to reciprocate on the motivation. By the way, your daughter seems amazing.

Beth - Yes, you seem amazing. Congrats to you taking control of your life so early. You will be so happy throughout life learning these lessons earlier than later.

Debi - Your brother is in my thoughts.

Annie - Hi girl. Where are the December pics?

Rat - Welcome back. I am still trying to will you into a more comfortable place in life. I want you to know with all sincerity, I am honored to know you. You are smart. You are thoughtful. You are so entertaining. But you don't HAVE to entertain. I love hearing from you, happy, sad, stressed, or cycling.

I think that's it for me tonight.

Take care and be well,

Angie
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #47  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Well work has been kicking my butt! now i kicked my own! yesterday i broke my pinkie toe went to the er today after work to confirm. talk about pain!!! 4-6 weeks no cast just a post-op surgery shoe and some pain meds
Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey all... Turns out my kitty has a collection of fat by her ribs, which is why it was a lump that was movable. So, there is no worry. They said it should go away by itself. So, she seems good...very active...and very bratty. lol

I'm approaching TOM which is weighing me down this month with the water I've been retaining. I swear my weight has shot up 7 pounds. Monday and Tuesday I drank and drank and couldn't seem to quench my thirst. Today I'm sipping slowly...

Baz: I've had the stomach flu a few times in my life, but no more than a handful. The worst one was when I was in high school. I got what they call the "48 hour flu" and it hit me in the middle of the night. I threw up for 11 and a half hours straight. I just stayed in the bathroom with my dogs watching over me. That one was painful, but thankfully I managed to get a hold of a sedative, the last in the town I was living in, and that did the trick. Calmed that tummy so I could rest. 24 hours later I was on my way to recovery lol.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All,
Well, I know I have not been around for a while, but I am still in the land of the living! lol
Kinda frustrated with weight not moving, but my own fault. I have not exercised for 3 weeks, and not doing as much water as I should and not eating enough. So I know what I need to do, just not motivated to do it right now. My life is very hectic right now. Husband did get a job and started a month ago, YEAH!! But it is in another town, so 2 households for right now to see how he gets along. He has a 6 month probation period to see if they like him and if he likes it! So it is smart not moving right now. Just kinda stinks! So I am having a tough time with that one. But oldest daughter is a junior in HS and will have all her credits in after this year. So next year will be all college classes, and if the school will pay it, then she will be a student and graduate. So she is good with moving next summer. Because she won't see much of class anyway, just maybe band and chorus. And the trip for band/chorus is this year coming up in March/April. So it works! And youngest daughter doesn't care.
So now it is trying to catch up on bills. As for my job, I am not working again. So kinda tight on things right now. I am excited as Army son is coming home on the 21st and bringing the fiancee! I just have to figure out where everyone is going to sleep! We will manage somehow! That is about my catching up, still running a lot with the girls as normal. You know my life, never dull! Well I will try and do some personals later. Key word "try"! Penny
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good morning all,

Debi: I will continue to pray for your brother. Hugs.

Carol: I just will say that I love Michelle. She is so beautiful inside and out. I think that the guy blew it on purpose. Just my opinion. Thank you for the update on Johnnie. I will continue to keep her in my prayers. Please tell her I said hello and send her my love when you next talk to her.

Ammi: Sorry that the Sweets Syndrome is acting up again. Hugs. I am so proud of you not buying junk at the store. Way to go GG!

Debbie: Sounds good to me.

Catherine: Praying for the test I'm sure you will pass with flying colors.

Mimi: Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Angie: Oops. I forgot the December pics. I uploaded them and then forgot. I will go post them on the picture page.

Bernice; Yikes! sorry about your little toe.

Jacquie: so glad that your kitty is doing well.

Penny: Hi and a huge welcome back. Congrats to your DH on his new job. Is it far from where you live now? I mean another state like you were originally thinking or not that far? Hugs and don't be such a stranger.

I guess I am caught up for now. I need to go and do the gazelle today. Yesterday I did the bike so today is a gazelle day then Wii yoga and some situps and push ups. I am amazed at how quickly I can slam out 8 push ups out of the 10 I do. I will add more once I can slam out 10.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

BIGGEST LOSER UPDATE!!!

Angie brought up a good point on not wanting to let her team down when she can't participate as much as she wants, so I figured we will all be individual teams. No one to be accountable for ourselves but us. I hope this will get more of you to join. And again, if you have questions just let me know. I want this to be fun and easy for everyone, not demanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine, good thoughts and prayers comin' your way!!! Good luck!!

Mimi, same goes for you, my prayers comin' your way!!! Hope you got a good night's sleep in.

Angie, I see your point on maybe letting a team down if you can't support them the way you would like, so we will be individual teams. This might be better for everyone so they don't feel they are letting anyone down. I think I like that idea better. We can pick the color we want too!!

Bernice, hope the toe heals quickly. That had to hurt!!

Jacquie, so glad kitty only has a little extra fat around the ribs....lol...who doesn't???

Annie, I can definitely see a difference in your pics. You look.....skinny!!!! I'm so proud of you!!

Another day of baking and candy making here. Sure will be glad when it's over Monday!!!

toodles
Debbie
Old 12-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #52  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Helloooo

I'm so fed up of not having any money. Pay day is not until the 17th so in the meantime, Christmas shopping will have to be put on hold! I managed to find a box of designer cards which is good because I can use them for close family and friends, although I will be buying personal cards for the parents and my boyfriend. Due to the recession, I am not getting in the Christmas spirit. Maybe I will be happy on Christmas Eve when my mam's hubby, Daren, makes his lovely mince pies! Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the festive period.

Annie: Do you know you can cheat on the Wii Fit? I do, and it's very easy, haha! For example, if I have to balance on one leg but find it too hard, I'd just rest one leg on the floor, making sure that the weight on the other leg is applying enough pressure on the balance board I used to do a lot of sits up when I was 126 lbs, because I honestly believed that I had a really fat stomach when I didn't! By the way, just seen your new pictures and have to say, you look lovely and happy! I hope I will get to that point soon enough.

Ratkitty: Sounds like you have a lot of problems going on. I'm sorry to hear that but keep smiling

dgramie: Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he will make a speedy recovery soon!

Carol: Hello! Lovely to meet you.

Ammi: I am not taking over... yet, haha! I manage to find time to write posts here because I don't play on Pogo games and such, like you, LOLOL. Love youu too!

Angie: Yay, you think I'm amazing! I wish I started taking control a couple of years ago but while I'm still young, I am positive that I am going to stay in control this time.

Jacquie: Sounds like a nasty experience you have had, with the stomach flus! I hope I will never get it. How are you? I hope you are having a good day!

Have a good week, everyone!
Much love xx
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

Update on my brother...He has pneumonia. They were afraid last night it was an infection in his stomach but now they know what the problem is. They are giving him super stong meds. Hopefully that will clear it up fast. He was a 30yr smoker before stopping a few months back. They are blaming it on that.

I didnt have a good day today ..i guess i am a stress eater. I ate way to much today. I did go for a walk a little while ago just to get out of the house and get some fresh(cold) air. Still need to get dishes done and maybe take a long soaking bath.
hugs to all and keep the prayers and thoughts going!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

dgramie: HUGS!!! Seriously! Hope your brother gets better soon.

Bernice: YOU BROKE YOUR TOE! Oh no! HUbby broke his toe 2 times! I hear it hurts bad! sorry ;(

debbie: Individuals Teams are fine with me too! BUT can we still have our own team name?? lol

As for this chick: Sat is my birthday and..I have told everyone no presents. I know that times are hard for everyone, including us. Instead...we are going to a movie..and to a house we use to see as a kid for Christmas lights! This year my birthday will truly be about what I want! I am so tired of...lets stay home..blah blah. I need to get out and live
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Well, I worked out an hour tonight, so that was good. BUT a friend brought over cookies tonight and I had FIVE. So mad at myself. I dropped some weight last night even though TOM is here, but I am certain I just undid that. Darn darn darn.

That's all from me tonight. Felt like I needed to 'fess up.

Hope you are all well.
Angie
Old 12-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Debi, sorry to hear about your brother getting pneumonia. That really sucks!! I hope they can get it cleared up quickly and he can be on the road to weight loss. Thankfully they caught and can give him meds to take care of it.

Cyn, yes, you can have your own team name and even a color too!! LOL

Angie, I hear ya on the self sabotage. I do it all the time. All we can do is try try again.

Bernice, take care of that itty bitty toe!!

Have a great night ladies. We are expecting snow this weekend. Sounds like a big gusty storm with lots of wind and snow is on the way.

Debbie
Old 12-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #57  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Well another few busy days have passed by in a flash. What with delivery trips, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping and Christmas whist drives. I don't know hardly which day it is One blessing though i have now managed to finish the Christmas shopping. Now just the wrapping to do when I have a bit of spare time. Both DH and I have done very well over these Christmas whist drives we have been very blessed. Though a lot of the things have been naughties which I would not have I have recycled and given to other whist drives who do not have so much money to play around with.

Hmm go figure this week partaken in more naughties than I normally do and I have lost weight OK so it is not a lot only 1lb but you would think I would have put it on. I have been mindful though prior to these buffets of the food I have eaten and taken low calorie options well it must have paid off.

Really nice to drop by even if it is for a flying visit as we are off to my parents in a few moments. My father has been to hospital this morning for an appointment regarding having a cataract operation done will see very shortly how that has gone and whether they think he is a candidate for the operation.

Well will close now and go and put my coat on. Hopefully will drop by tomorrow and catch up with you ladies so till then take care.

purpleorc
Old 12-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #58  

Morning Ladies,
Today is hubby and mine 27th anv. wow times sure flies!!
Youngest daughter is acting like she is staying home tonight and not going out with her guy or friends. Older daughter and her fiance is coming home for the night. I get to go with them tommorow when they register at a local store. I am excited! We are planning on cutting out the table runners for the wedding ...we are using our churchs fellowship hall to do it in. My dinning room table isnt big enough to handle all that fabric. We have 30 yards to be cut into 90" and 120" long table runners. Anyone want to come and help????

I am dressed today(no sweats) with my shoes on. No makeup yet and i havent done my hair yet. I am thinking about dragging out the old hot rollers and see what they would do to my hair. Its so long now. Im actaully getting a new cut on friday next week...just got to figure out what style i want. Also have to do something about the silver that keeps coming back so fast nowdays.LOL I would be tempted to let it go and see how much silver i actually have...but hubby and daugthers freaked when i mentioned it. Guess I will have to color for a few more years.LOL
I didnt sleep much last night and feel pretty wired this morning...this might be a good time to get my exercise in.
No change in my brother..they said it would take a few days for meds to improve the condition and they are hoping he can leave the hospital by monday if things go good. He said he knows he has lost weight already and they will weigh him on the day he leaves the hospital. I am so excited for him to get his life back!!!!
hugs to all
Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #59  

mom just called me...my brother is going back into surgery ..his white count is to low and his kidneys are not working right. Please pray!!! Its a 5 hour trip from here so there is no way i can go today.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Once again I find myself too far behind to catch up on personals. It's great to see all the support here again.

Debbie - I will definitely do the weekly weigh ins on the new TBL challenge you are setting up. I really like seeing the progress that way.

Cyn - happy early birthday to you! I hope you get the day you want.

Jacquie - when we moved here our old lab got those fat pockets too around her shoulder area - I freaked out - the vet said because she had never had a fenced yard before with the ability to exercise off leash she actually was losing weight and gaining muscle and the fat had to go somewhere. Makes me wonder where mine is going.

Mimi - hugs hun. Let us know how you are when you can.

Good Morning Annie - I see your little light lit up - have a good morning at work.

It's nice to be home even though I was only gone one night. DH has been working tons and we were both home together last night after about 730 - everyone in their place makes for a good life. DH's sister has been very ill and is finally out of ICU. She had lung cancer about 8 years ago and lost one lung. Pneumonia filled the other lung and is slow to leave. After 5 stressful days in ICU she has moved to a regular room. I found a wonderful florist in their town who did a nice artificial tree and delivered it to her room yesterday. We both cried when she called - but not much because it takes her breath away.

Debi - you are all in my prayers. Keep us posted on your brother.

Exercise class drama returns - class is not being renewed after the first of the year. I had been pondering a change so I guess that decides it for me. My initial plan will be water classes 3 times a week and videos at home at least twice a week. Never a dull moment.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE - hug your loved ones too!

Hugs to you all,
Carol
Closed Thread