Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300 + Weekly Thread # 1187

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning everyone.

I hope that you all had a wonderful night's sleep. It sure went by quickly for me. lol. DH was tivo-ing 2 programs in the livingroom and came into the bedroom around 8 p.m. to watch the rest of his beloved Minnesota Vikings game. lol. So, I didn't really fall asleep until well after 9 p.m. Needless to say, I'm sleepy.

I got on the Wii Fit this morning first thing after time with God to do my fitness test. lol. I am up 2 pounds!!! I hope it is just water weight and not from eating too much. Either way, it is gonna come back off asap.

Okay all, have a nice op, water drinking and body moving day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I am not happy with my weight loss for nov. It was still a loss but i know i can do better than 4lbs. WHO wants to really try and get weight off in dec?? I am going to start by cutting 100 calories from my diet a day. Try to avoid bad carbs, drink my gallon of water, exercise and even list my food on fitday to see just what im doing. I am also going to post my calories everyday and what i eat...I need to focus and need help getting my focus back on track.
Who wants to join me??? I am also going to post my exercise daily because I will be exercising daily!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning chickies!

Dogpal: sorry ya didnt get enough sleep! We use to have a tv in our bedroom...then it went poof a few months back and ahve not replaced it. I really miss it..but atleast when we go in there its for 2 things to sleep and spend time together lol. So when its lights out, its sleepy time. I had a hard time getting use to just falling aleep. We use to fall asleep with the tv on then shut it off. Who knows still might get another tv someday.

dgramie: I am with you!!! I have 2 important events comming up. Besides just living life. We have our national convention in march that is in new orleans for Slumber parties. Also my son graduates in May from high school. I know I cant be 120lbs by then, but I would really like to show some loss. So I am going to work out a plan. Going to work on that today.

Yesterday was a better day for me. Not as depressing. I sewed and watched sports all day lol. I have 2 of the 5 blankets done. Well the tops. This weekend I will get the backs on them and post pics!

Well it is back to work this morning. Today our company is rolling out their new attendance policy. From what I have heard it is more strict. Cool just what we need. ;(

Will chat with you ladies later!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone. Just stopped by to post my results on the weigh-in thread. Today was my first full week on plan, and I lost 5 pounds! I very happy with that since I usually have to struggle to lose 2 a week even when I'm OP. So I'm 10 days in, 8 pounds lost total. Hope you all have a great day!

~Melissa

Last edited by Vilandra485; 12-01-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies!

LOL Well...this is a bit funny I suppose. You know how I posted last week, for those that remember, right after Thanksgiving saying how wonderful it was. Well that was the last real thing I have done on the internet as apparently I either got food poisoning or the flu and while I woke up that morning feeling pretty good, about an hour after I posted my day went WHAM! lol....

So, I've been sick and am finally able to get some work done today. I lost some weight not being able to really eat. Who knows if it will stay off lol. I went from 285 to 281. I had nothing in my system so now I'm getting back to eating solids, but very slowly. Woosh!

Other than that, I'm needing to move around, TIRED of being in bed. So, I'm planning on doing my Yoga tomorrow to continue to get my strength back. Drinking loads of water today...feeling dehydrated.

But it still was a good Thanksgiving!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #7  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hellooooo.

I can’t believe how fast today has gone! I just realised that it’s only 24 days until Christmas… noooo! I’m too skint to buy presents and pay day is not until the 17th. Not good because the shops tend to get really busy around that time.

Cyn: How do you get a sore throat if the bathroom window is left open? Do you live in a polluted area or something like that? I’m feeling a bit better now, but my throat usually gets worse in the morning because I sleep for almost 9 hours without eating or drinking! My throat will be like this for a week, usually.

Ahh, I’m sorry you’re feeling stressed about the holidays! Some relatives can be a bit inconsiderate sometimes. Some families prefer to have the holidays alone but surely they can allow for you and your family to visit on Boxing Day? You don’t have Boxing Day over where you live, do you? Well, it’s the day after Christmas Day, we call it Boxing Day.
Do you have the same problem with money where you live, like we do in the UK? We’ve gone into recession now, and it’s not very good seeing that it’s Christmas soon! It must be terrible for your husband having the chance of a holiday this year then, with the money crisis and everything. At least he will get to spend time with you and children.

Anyway, I hope you’re feeling better now, and enjoy the Christmas spirit!

Annie (dogpal): Thank you for the lovely welcome! I look forward to getting to know you as well. Like I said, being nearly 80 lbs away from 300 lbs, the idea of being 300 lbs or over scares me because I’m only seventeen and I wouldn’t want to get health problems if I continue to gain weight. I have been putting on weight steadily for the last three years but it didn’t bother me much and now I’m not liking the way I look now, I’m a UK size 20/22 and I’m prone to illnesses now so I’d like to lose weight and get healthy before things get worse!

I am feeling a bit better now, thanks, although I’m stuck with a sore throat for a week or two, usually!

I hope everyone else is having a good day!

Much love
Old 12-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #8  

glad to be able to post good eating so far today
breakfast: egg cooked in pam, toast, 3 slices of precooked bacon...total 200 calories,
lunch: meal replacement bar 170
on my 2nd 64 ounce jug of water already.
snack will be fruit and yogurt..
might come in low on calories so might be able to have an evening snack
Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debi - I'm with you! Let's see how much positive energy we can generate cuz we all know positive energy generates positive results and sadly the same with negative energy.

I have also had a great day food and water wise - no exercise for me today but I will make my 1000 minute goal this month - honestly I hope to blow it away.

Thanks for the challenge - let's see what we can all do!

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 12-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #10  

I will also make a commitment to log all food into TDP - I haven't done that for a few weeks. I still keep a food journal but need to see what's happening. I am very close to a big goal for me - I want it bad.

Is this contagious? Thanks Debi for getting me focused on the basics.

Carol
Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #11  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Carol, I am also close to a very big goal, the 100 pound loss. I think that may be part of my problem. I have been eating the last few days, eating like I used to. Planning sneaky snacks and the like. I need to get that out of my brain. That is not me anymore, I am not like that anymore. I need to believe it too.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #12  

yogurt and an apple was snack...dinner was tomato soup and 5 crackers..Sting cheese for later tonight..maybe even a few prunes...LOL
it feels good to be on track...planning on jumping on the minitramp tonight also..not sure how long i will jump but at least its a start. Finishing up my last 64 ounces of water...
What a great way to start the month!!!
carol and cyn - glad you are both feeling the same need i feel to get focused!!! WE CaN DO THIS!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #13  

OK - don't commit me but I'm going to make yet another commitment today.

I will commit to posting something regarding my weight loss journey and any support I can offer instead of my usual weather report which I now find myself doing more frequently. It seems somewhere along the line I lost my "focus" and changed my posts - I guess I needed a reminder about what brought me to this wonderful site originally.

Today I have even done some Christmas shopping for DH (for me). I'm exploring HRM options - anyone have any experience with the wrist type that measures all calories expended?

Thanks again - anyone wanna be committed with me?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #14  

I commit to posting about my weight loss journey daily...my calories and my water and exercise... I agree with getting sidetracked by life and forgetting the real reason we are here!! I want to get to my 100lb mark...I want to be healthier and fit. For me I am finding happiness is going hand and hand with my weight loss !! I have no control over all the crazy stuff in life but I can control what i put in my body!!!!! I also believe we are what we eat,...and i think all the blue moods on here was a result of holiday food...at least for me i think it was a big part of it.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi ladies.

I am with you, let's focus on weight loss. I don't post enough, and can't guarantee how good I will be (at posting). But I will track my calories diligently...and work out. I worked out for 30 minutes tonight. It kicked my butt. That just means I need to get at it more often so it becomes more routine.

I will lose 10 pounds this month. Yay.

Angie
Closed Thread