Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #31  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Angie-I believe you have me pegged.

Carol-117? My LDL has never been above 20. Once it got down to 7. I fairly sure it is genetic, because my eating certainly never deserved such low numbers.

Annie-Himself is in Vancouver until noonish tomorrow. He has promised to have some kind of Thanksgiving dinner on the table for me when I get home from school. He hasn't actually promised to cook anything, which is probably just as well. The last time I let him cook for me was when I was pregnant. He made a stir fry that had raw cucumber in it. You can still see the spot faintly on the wall where it got projectile vomited.

Purple-He does let me buy books at the thrift store. I sold more books this year than I bought, so perhaps next year, he'll let me visit Amazon again.

I am waiting on the UPS man. He is supposed to be bringing me my new disc golf portable target/basket. I intend to give it a good work out this winter. There's no snow on the ground right now, so there's nothing to keep us off the regular course except me studying for finals. I'm starting to wonder if it is ever going to snow here.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Angie_ Thank you for your wonderful post.

I am also thankful for each and everyone of you!! I have made so many wonderful friendships in the past 10 months! I love the way we laugh together and cry together and give each other a good swift kick when its needed. I love the way we share each others joys as well as each others pain!! I know my weight loss journey would be alot harder without each and everyone you by my side.
Have a wonderful THANKSGIVING everyone and be sure to drink your water!
hugs
Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #33  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-27-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. My blessings this year include each and every one of you. Your support and friendship has become and integral part of what I do every day (mostly). When I face a new obstacle I sometimes think "What would Annie, Angie, Battle, Catherine, Debi, Debbie, Heather, Mimi, Nancy, Purple, Rat................and the list goes on do".

May you spend the day surrounded by those you love - be safe.

Hugs to each of you,
Carol
Old 11-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #35  

Happy US Turkey Day!!!

Greetings from the chilly Outer Banks, NC. I am here trying to relax and be with family and practice guitar. I have gotten in a couple 10 mile bike rides with my mom (she went ahead and rode 20 - gotta love her). The knee is doing ok.

Hugs to all my special peeps!!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 11-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #36  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

I return again after swiftly posting this am I really did not have more time than thanksgiving greetings. Though I am back now so have more time to post at my leisure.

dogpal Yes I really was under the illusion that my girls would really shrink but yes they are smaller than they were but no where to the point I thought I might be. So I have come to the conclusion I am not flat chested I have big girls full stop Nothing to much information for me I was a nurse so takes a bit to phase me so to speak. I have seen worse, heard worse well I think I can let your imagination fill in what I saw and heard during my time

Yes after jumping on the scales daily I really know the fact bodies go up and down like yo-yo's. No doubt I will no longer be at 175lb but hey was nice even if it was for just one day. I know normally if I see a lower figure in a few weeks I am normally there if I do not reach it on weigh day. So I will not be too disappointed if it does not happen on weigh day this magical figure 175lbs.

Jacquie668 You sound like me regarding eczema I have had tiny patches for donkeys years but had this major flare up when about 2 years ago. Since then my eczema has been worse generally but no where at the stage I was 2 years ago thank goodness. I always been of the ilk wallowing and being pitiful about a condition is self destructive. I had the wrong roll of the dice so to speak but it could have been worse. I am glad it was myself to have MS rather than my sister with 4 young daughters to care for. I see others with my condition and realise I have much to be grateful for in life. For starters I have a wonderful caring DH and a great family.

The fonts I love to play around with fonts and colours. I write bigger than most as I issues reading black on white. Weird one I know When reading posts I select all and have white writing on blue background which I seem to have less problems with.

CatherineM Your heaps better than me selling books. At one time I couldn't bear to be parted with any but when I moved to a smaller bungalow I just did not have the room any longer to store them. So I eventually traded them in at the book stall I go to today. Not to say I don't have a host of books at home because I do but I like plenty to pick from when I finish one and start another.

Time to go and wash up the pots and go and do my exercise So till next time take care one and all.

purpleorc
Old 11-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Thanksgiving my dear sweet friends.

I am soooooo very thankful for each and everyone of you. Thank you for making my journey to health such a pleasure and more bearable on the bad days.

Angie: You are so special. I am so blessed by your words.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 11-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :-)

I am thankful for, in no particular order:

* The people here - you are all inspirational and supportive. This is a very personal journey I'm on. People in my "real world" don't know about my struggles or don't understand. You do. That is an invaluable gift. Thank you.

* The 12.5 pounds of fat I've lost and the .6 pounds of muscle mass I've added to my body since Sept 7, 2008.

* The fact that this is my second day on a new anti-depressant and the side effects are more than mild. Who knows? This may be the right drug for me.

* My mom and her unconditional love.

* My friends and their unconditional love.

* My Faith and my willingness to always be open to learning from the lessons life has to offer.

Wishing you all the best! :-)
Old 11-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

DId great at lunch...went to the store after lunch and walked a bit. Got back home and hung outside decorations and mentioned to hubby about a 5k challenge and he said lets do it. So we did!!! It took us 50 min to walk it. It was nice and it was good being together. The walk was at the golf course and very hilly. I am trying to talk him into lifting weights with me again ...maybe he will.
hugs to all!!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

The girls and I did our 5k at the park while the turkey cooked this morning. They were pooped and had a nap before lunch.

As I look back at last Thanksgiving there is no way I could have done this - I am thankful for this along with all of life's other blessings I experience each day.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #41  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Himself actually had a turkey breast waiting for me when I got home from school. Thank God we live next door to a Safeway with a good deli. I spent my birthday in the hospital with food poisoning, so I had no desire for a repeat. He knew enough to know he shouldn't cook.

Purple-that was a lame joke about me selling more books than I had bought. I never part with a book I've purchased myself. I was talking about the book I wrote.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was great this year. I didn't over eat at all, though I didn't get breakfast or a "lunch" lol. I was too busy preparing foods. I managed to make two salads, both were raw food salads, and a vegan artichoke dip that was yummy! I did eat some dessert, but I just ate a slice and a half of this dark chocolate babka...(sp?) So, I did good.

purpleorc: I think stress and anything negative tends to make Eczema or any kind of illness worse. I remember when I had my flare up, I started to loose my hair. My whole scalp was like a weeping wound and I got so upset, sobbing everyday, and more hair fell out lol. Amazing how the power of the mind can really affect your body...

Now, I am still healing, but it is odd. A common theme with Eczema or anyone with allergies seems to be that they had dealt with it all their life, but it wasn't until a big reaction or flare up that they really started to live with it lol.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #43  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Tis a swift drop by not had anytime today as I have been watching medical documentaries most of the day in between doing the normal daily chores. This is because I do not have a huge amount of energy today it seems to have deserted me some how. Need to go and find this magical energy I bet I left it somewhere daft

Just got myself ready to go out to play cards at a small village called Gunthorpe. It has a lovely setting over the river Trent and look idyllic with all the boats moored up. Once upon a time it flooded regular this part of the river but some work was done so it has improved things somewhat.

I have read everyones lovely post so nice to catch up with the news. Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow to answer them if I am more energetic So bye for now ladies and take care

purpleorc
Old 11-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening all

Well...Thanksgiving was ok. My brother was over..and my sister her hubby and kids came over late. It was raining here the day before but good thing the dirt soaks up the water quick! The park is one street over so we headed over there for some football. No I didn't play..my sis and I were busy keeping my niece out of trouble lol

Today I only had to work 1/2 a day. I am glad. Good Ole TOM, and I dont mean the turkey , decided he was going to visit this month.

Next on my list is Christmas. This use to be a holiday I love..not so much anymore. For one thing, kids are older so things cost more. I am going to try and get in the spirit! I am buying collage frames for my sis, brother and aunt. I am putting black and white pics of the kids in them. In one of the spaces I am not going to put a picture but something embroidered..like..love or family! I wish my family would get the hint to get me something personal like I do them!

Sorry this is not that great of a post. don't know if its TOM, or just life lol

Angie: Thanks for the kinds words about me and everyone!! I love this board!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Day two of eating poorly. I am done with it though. For dinner I had a nice veggie salad (cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, red pepper, and a little parmesan cheese). Although I find Whole Foods to be expensive, because I wanted to commit to eating well. We bought lots of veggies. So...I indulged too much two days in a row. That means tomorrow I will drink a ton of water and eat very well. Same for Sunday. December is going to be a great month. Lots of exercise, lots of eating well.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Perhaps I should be thankful I ate bad "only" two days.

Later gators,
Angie
Closed Thread