Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Today is a bitter sweet day for me...packing up oldest daughters life to send to her new house. She closes on her house today. Packing up her precious moment collection was the hardest so far. Her cabinet has been in the living room for so many years i feel like it was my collection. As i wrapped each one i thought about the specail occasion she got it for. My youngest collects dreamsicles so im sure i will go thru the same thing with her someday.
Her room is mostly packed but it will be different knowing she is in her own home and not in a dorm room. I am so proud of her and her life...but sad to let go a little bit more!!!
My little ones are wild again today..i think its time to start reminding them the holidays are coming and Santa might be watching...LOL ho ho ho!!!
yesterday was another good food day..got beans on for today. I will have greens with mine and hubby can have the fried potatoes and mess.
drink your water everyone!!
hugs!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Purple, Thanksgiving is on the 27th, next Thursday. We won't be having alot of people, probably just my mom and dad, Jim and I. My son and dil have to work so they're coming over on Wednesday. I'll probably make a roast for them with all the fixins!

Carol, glad you got to sleep better. Have a safe trip.

Debi, o the memories when we have to pack up a grown childs belongings. Just hang in there and be thankful that she is doing so well in life. It's not easy these days and it sounds like you did such a wonderful job with her. Yes, it's time to tell those kidlets it's close to Christmas. Nothing calms them down faster than a visit from Santa.

Catherine, wow! You've been busy!! Glad you get to rest up tomorrow.

I'm doing ok. Still not the best on food but getting most of my water in.
toodles
Debbie
Old 11-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am inspired by all of you.
Purpleorc--To me, pickles would have been 1st prize! Congrats.
gggirls, sorry you aren't feeling great. It's terrible to be away from home and not feeling fabulous.
Annie, what is your commercial for? It sounds so cool!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

I had such a bad day yesterday. I just stewed over the comments that the guy made to me and felt awful. Then he emailed me a couple of the pictures just to show how they turned out. I look soooo awful and fat in them. It just made me have a bad day. I decided to have a better day today and am concentrating on that.

Not too much time for personals but hugs to everyone.

The "commercial" as they called it turns out to be a thing on the website. I don't talk at all in it but I do have a "bio" that they will be placing along with before and after photos. The commercial or website thing is for Weight loss surgery and Optifast program for those of you who don't know. I am regreting saying yes honestly and am really thinking about asking them not to use me until I reach my goal weight. I am going to pray about it and think about it.

Again, hugs to everyone and many blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #35  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Oh my darling chicks! I have missed you. My computer is done being a pain in the arse for now and I can once again join you daily!

Not going to catch up on weeks of personals. But will take some time reading them.

Still on somewhat of a plateau weight wise. But I have not been putting in 100% either. But I keep plugging away at it. I just cant beat myself up after a bad food choice to badly cause it leads to another bad food choice. So I am tacking on more exercise to compensate. Shovelling snow will help! Still struggling to get enough water in. But now that the heat in on I do feel more dry and desire more water. Also discovered I need to keep my chewing gum well stocked as keeping my mouth busy helps. And if I talk enough to keep food out of my mouth I will drive myself and everyone else crazy! LOL

Anyone have any recommendations for healthier christmas cookie recipies?

Have a great evening!
Many Hugs!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

PurpleOrc, oh no, not insulted or upset about you thinking I was pregnant, it just made me laugh! Yep Tiga is brindle, we bought him from some people who mistreated him (I'd have bought their kids too if it was legal, they were druggies) & he was called Tyson. We had to take him to the vets the next day as he was infested with fleas, had earmites and an infected claw & we needed a 'new' name quickly that sounded similar to his old one. People laugh as it sounds like a cat's name but he doesn't mind, lol. You ought to post a pic of your hair it sounds lovely.xxxxxxx
Annie, I can't imagine you looking fat in ANY pic, please be kind to yourself & remember how far you've come! Just think how many of us you've inspired & how many other sad, suicidal, depressed or house-bound people you can offer hope to, via the drinks or surgery option.xxxxxxxx
Well I was 'Slimmer of the week' yesterday, lost 2lbs & got a huge bag of fruit as my reward. As it's so close to Christmas a lot of people aren't doing as well as they normally do. I was upset as a lady is going to New York next week & was calling Americans, about their size & dress sense, or lack of it. I was angry & upset as you are all my friends & I hate judgements like that on people she's never met.
Anyway I'm late again, so must take the boys to school.
xxxxsharon
Old 11-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #37  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Going to the dreaded dentist today lets hope it is good news and nothing needs doing so for good news. It is my 6 monthly check I don't feel I have any problems but the dentist might think otherwise

Went to play cards again last night as this is one of my hobbies. We mainly pay for groceries. Nothing big but there again we do not pay much to go in either. Plus the entry fee gives you tea/coffee with biscuits. (which needless to say I avoid like the plague) I won second place last night and won some porridge oats. My DH won first and won bacon and a tin of baked beans. So both very useful prizes.

JuliaHood I do so sympathise with you having PC problems. Many a time I have threaded to throw my PC on the front lawn when it is not playing ball. Touch wood and all that it seems to be working fine at present and hope it stops that way for a long time.

I look at plateaus as time for practising for maintenance. If I do not gain anything then it is a real bonus. Yes it is counter productive bashing yourself up about bad food choices. I am sure snow shovelling will be hard workout and I do not envy you one iota.

dogpal Sending you some cyber and hope you feel better soon.

So sorry that you had a bad day yesterday. The man who made those awful comments is not worth getting upset about. Look at your wonderful achievement so far and best of all your still steadily losing weight. I am sure that you are really pleased with the weight loss especially when you see the before and after shots. I think we all have these days when we think we look dreadfully fat even "skinny" people. My sister is miss bean pole herself and always has been but still thinks she looks fat some days. So it make me thinks it happens to all of us big or thin.

jewell0607 Hope you are finding your way around the site and getting lots of useful information. At the beginning I spent many a hour browsing through and gleaning as much information as I could. I thought the more information I have the more chance I am of success and knowing the pitfalls from others experiences. My poor DH thinks he is a guinea pig with all the new recipes I have tried over the past 20 months

Debbie54
for letting me know when Thanksgiving was in the USA. Not long now to the big occasion. It may just your mum and dad at the feast but I am sure you will have nice time. Shame your son and DIL can not make it due to work commitments. I know all about those missing out on many occasions due to work with being a nurse( when I was able to work before the MS deteriorate too bad) we don't close any holidays. Saying that we all made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves whilst we where there.

dgramie Must have been a tough day yesterday. A kind of bitter sweet pill. You want to have your children grow up and be independent on one hand but on the other you would like them still at home with you.

Must admit I have been to google again looking up dreamsicles as I had no idea what they were. I can see now why your daughter collects them they are adorable.

I think many parents, guardians and carers of little ones are using those same words Santa might be looking so be good boys and girls. I can remember my mum saying it to my little sister when she had her naughty head on as kids do. When I say little sister she is a grown lady now of 39 with 4 girls of her own but to me she is always my little sister.

gggirls
I hope your knee recovers soon after the injections. I think you have done the wise thing and rested otherwise it may take a longer period of enforced rest to get it better.

Gosh your up with the birdies this morning at 4.10am and I bet the day with drag all the more as you want it to go safely. Hope you have a good flight home. No "baggy" clothes so to avoid the pat down

No more news here ladies so bye for now

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-21-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:36 AM   #38  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

voodoo1 Looks like you had posted and vaguely around the same time as me so I missed it.

Aww poor Tiga why some people get dogs it is beyond me. I can not bear to think of them being mistreated. I know I spoil mine rotten probably more so as I haven't any kids. Saying that my father absolutely dotes on our Rizzie and and Rizzie switches loyalties when they stop with us.

Our Riz came to us when he was 19 months old and we got him from a couple whose marriage was breaking up and neither could keep the dog. We kept his name but it was not our choice to call him Rizla after the cigarette papers ! so we just shortened it so he would still answer to to. Then my Dad who swears blind he is is not deaf misheard is name and thought is was Grizzler so he calls him that even though he knows it is not his name.

Next time I do my hair in that style will get DH to be photographer and take a photo of this bun. Mind you I bet he think I need my bumps read wanting photos of my hair style
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 AM   #39  

morning ladies,
didnt get much packing done yesterday. She is coming home at noon today and helping me. The uhaul will be here tonight and we are loading it and moving her in the morning early. Its hard to get much packing done with kidos running around.
We had snow flurries yesterday!! I have to admit as much as I hate winter I was kinda excited!! We are getting down into the teens tonight for lows.BRRRR
I am going to have so much room in my house i dont think i willl know what to do with it. Daughters stuff has taken over to the point i cant move in my dinning room. I am excited about seeing her house and having my space back. Of course it will call for a good cleaning after moving her stuff out.
My scales are staying the same but i have done great this week!! I am proud of my eating for the week and my water for the most part. I really do need to pump up the exercise more...yesterday i picked up pecans at the playground again...and today i will get lots of exercise lifting and tugging on boxes and carrying them down from upstairs to the moving van.
I need to get to the basement and clean up the kitchen table and chairs that she is taking with her..you know how things get when they sit in a basement for a few years. LOL...
oh guess what...now with all her stuff moved i can actually get to my weight machine easily. guess i have no excuse for not using it more.
julia- good to see you back!!!
hugs to all
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies....

Well yesterday was CRAP! My car has been squeeking up a storm! Hubby finally got a chance to look at it. Looks like the a/c pully is going and once that snaps the whole car wont run cause its on one serpentine belt! So he calls the garage where I take it when hubby cant fix it..and the grand total will be $800 !!!!!!!!! Needless to say I dont have that right now...soo my carpool friend is going to drive to work for a while and I will just pay her gas money. I hate cars! Give me a good ole horse and buggy anyday.

So yesterday was a big ole stress day for me..I gave in and had some chocolate! Which I have been doing good about not eating it when stressed only when I really wat it. But yesterday..that was the last straw.

Sorry my post is so blah....

toodles
Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #41  

hubby came in last night with egg nog for him and boiled custard for me. I love love love the stuff. I dont trust myself with it in the house!!! I had a sip and its soooooooooooo good and rich..calories are 180 for a half cup...so my secret plan is to pour it out by a half cup at a time. down the sink it goes...that way hubby will think im drinking it but i wont be stuck with the calories from it. He is a real sweetie and its a tradition to buy it as soon as it goes on sale for the holidays. I dont want to hurt his feelings by not drinking it. It will be our secret!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Helloooo...I've been absent for awhile. Was getting a bit anti-social..I'm sort of stuck at this weight for the moment. Trying to jump and down or whatever I have to do to get it to move lol. Ya'll know how it is I'm sure.

I hope everyone is well..*HUGS* to those who need loads of virtual hugs.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #43  

Hi Everyone. I used to be here semi-often, but fell off the wagon, gained more weight, etc. So now I'm trying again, starting today I will be trying to stick to a calorie limit, and get moving the best I can. I don't want to waste any more time than I already have. I recognize some of you from when I posted before, and you're all doing amazing! I never feel like I fit in when I post, but who knows, it's nice to have some people to talk to when going through a rough journey. Well I'm off for now, I hope you all are having a wonderful morning.

~Melissa
Old 11-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #44  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I am guilty of reading posts and not posting my own. I guess I never feel like I am doing anything worth reporting unless it is a big thing. Everyday life is just that...everyday. I have had a few bad days this week with the eating. Not too sure why, I just have wanted FOOD. I did buy some lower fat peanut butter as I just love a half P.B.J. sandwich for a snack, better than pie! I also got some "No Pudge" brownie mix. You use nonfat yogurt to mix it with and can do one brownie in the microwave. I will tell how good/bad it is when I try it.
My youngest daughter will be home late tonight from college for her Thanksgiving break. I haven't seen her since Sept. 1st, we are all excited for her to get here.
Weigh in is later on today, I will check back in after I get home.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the cyber hugs. I really needed them. I am back to my old cheerful self today. lol. I showed the photo that I did get to another professional photographer and she said the angle is bad. It makes me look way bigger than I am. So, that made me feel better. She offered to take some photos of me for free! I am going to take her up on it for sure.

I will try to post the 2 pics that the photographer took for the website later this weekend.

julia: Hi girl Welcome back! you were missed for sure.

Sharon: You are such a sweetie pie. Congrats on the Slimmer of the week award! Thanks for sticking up for us Americans. lol. Hugs.

Purple: Sounds like you did well on Cards. Good for you. Thanks for the lovely comments too.

Debi: hugs and hope you are doing well.

Cyn: So sorry about your car. Hoping it gets fixed sooner.

Jacquie: Sounds like you are in a bit of a funk. HUGE HUGS to ya. Glad to see you back.

Melissa: Hi there. So nice to see you back. I hope that we can make you feel more welcome this time around. Post as often as you can.

Toni: Have fun with your daughter.

Well, I am off to exercise. Later tonight I will be going to clothes shop some with my friend. It will be the first time I have gone shopping with another woman who isn't my sister in yearsssss and I am really looking forward to it.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread