Old 11-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Victory # 1
90 minutes. 90 minutes. 90 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I did 90 minutes on my exercise bike yesterday. My butt muscles felt like they would never relax and my quads were calling my attention all day yesterday but I stretched and stretched and stretched and here I am, pleased to the hilt.

Victory # 2

I have been slowly working my way up to doing 20-minutes of the 30min, 2-mile WATP workout "High Calorie Burn." Today I set my mind to finish it - no matter what.

I modified - took out arms sometimes, and didn't use the hand weights - but I did all 30 minute, 2-miles. I am very proud of myself.

Anyone else have new NSV to report?

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-23-2008 at 04:21 PM.
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

I posted this on the main page too.

A few NSVs for me as well. Besides fitting in the Lane Bryant size 7 (finally not squeezing into their biggest size, but rather fitting comfortably into the size under that), when I put my winter coat on this morning, it was too big. I was swimming in it. Yay! I will wear it all winter because I rarely wear a winter coat anyway, and I want to be able to buy a new one next year without thinking I am wasting money buying coats two years in a row. Also, I tried on a button up 26/28 from my closet this evening and it fit in the tummy area (but not in the bust area). Maybe if I wear a sports bra to smash the girls, I will be able to wear it.

Yahoo.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #18  
just me

S/C/G: 327/277/185

Height: 6'1"

Default question

What does NSV stand for?
wickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #19  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

This weekend I spent 10 hours Saturday and about 8 hours Sunday cleaning out my kitchen top-to-bottom--stood on my feet the whole time, took almost no breaks--there's no way I could have done this even 2 months ago. I haven't cleaned it this thoroughly since I started gaining all this weight in 2003. I cleaned out my basement over the three weekends before that; my bathroom AND linen closet before that, and my SUV is next. All this extra energy is amazing.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #20  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickky View Post
What does NSV stand for?
NSV means non-scale victory. Throughout your weight loss journey, you find things that tells you that you are losing weight. For example, being able to exercise longer or buying clothes in smaller sizes.
Baz xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #21  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Another one for me is, last weekend I was able to go into the Fossil watch store and find a woman's watch with a leather strap that actually fit. This is the first time in *5* years I've worn a watch every day. I have quite a few nice watches, but I couldn't wear any of them. I was so elated I bought 2!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

I walked all over the huge hospital this past weekend and never got winded. Before my diet started i would have been miserable trying to do all that walking.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote