Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Carol: Love your new avitar! You look smokin girlie!

Brandnewme: I am SOOOO HAPPY that you are posting again! I know its hard sometimes. There are times I want to get on here and be nothing but NEGATIVE!...I try and find something to be positive about. ((( HUGS)))

MI MI: Welcome! AND yes post post post!! We love hearing from you!

I voted today with hubby...after parking in a fire lane..standing in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes..having the poll worker NOT be able to find my name although I said 3 times it should be right by hubbies..and then going to work with a minute to spare...it sure feels great to live in such a great COUNTRY!

I am going to finally turn in...my mind needs the rest.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #32  

Height: 5'7"

Morning all!!
Having my smoothie while i catch up on things. Scales seem to be staying the same pretty much. I so want to be out of the 30s...but I guess i am going to have to work harder at it!!
Did my pushups today maxed at 22. My arms felt like jello. I can really tell its working my upper body!! I think it will be awesome to say i can do 100 pushups in a few weeks!! Now maybe someone knows the link to a set up or crunch challenge....lol
carol_ you look amazing!!!

Last edited by dgramie; 11-05-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

I woke up this morning with a horrid sore throat that I am trying to talk my body out of. We are leaving in a few hours, when Joel gets off work, to go down by Boise to visit my family. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I can't wait to get there. My Dad lives on the Snake River and has 50 acres with some trails and dirt roads. I will be taking my bike with me so I can get in some exercise. We are driving Joel's truck because my Dad is giving us a frig for our garage that we need to pick up and I'm sure anything else that he can shove into our truck. lol.

Carol: I love, love your new avatar photo. You look amazing and hot! congrats on the -2.2 this week! Way to go.

Mimi: I'm glad that you are doing a bit better. I think that if it hurts you to work out at home maybe stick to something you can do like walking, if you can until you take some more weight off. That is what I did when I was 510 pounds, I stuck with what I could do until I could do more. Hugs.

Mimi2: I did my nails myself and my toes. I am pretty good at painting a french manicure look on my toes. I put my socks on when I thought my toes were dry but alas, they were not. lol. So, I will be re-doing them. lol. Great job on all the workouts you have been doing.

Rat: I was first confused by your 747 comment then I was cracking up. I think you and I would have some fun together. You have the same quirky sense of humor that I do.

Brandnewme: I do that with chicken breasts at least once per week. If you have it in the frig to eat then you will stay away from other stuff! Great job planning!

Catherine: A vacation to Banff may sound super to the rest of us but, if it will stress you out then it won't be a vacation. Hugs sweetie.

Debi: I hear ya. I finally dropped a pound today, finally. I am at 231 now! So, 2 more to go. Hopefully I will get enough exercise down at my parent's house to get out of the 230's forever and you will too.

Well all, I need to go make Joel some egg salad sandwhiches for the road. He requested them saying he doesn't want to stop to eat. I boiled the eggs earlier and they are getting cool now. I still need to pack for Joel too. I swear I always bring wayyyy too much stuff. Can you tell I miss my Daddy? lol.

Okay, Have a super rest of the week and weekend. If you think of it say a prayer for traveling mercies for us please. It is supposed to snow tomorrow here and we have to drive over a pass tonight called "White Bird" on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation that is a bugger in the snow.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #34  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Be careful on that drive. Just remember that you don't have near as much stored fat to survive on if you get stuck. My trip to Banff wasn't so much stressing me out since we'd be driving, but I would just rather stay here, go to school, and a women's meeting. It just seems so strange to know what I want, and stand up for it. It's not like he bullies me or anything, he's just not used to me knowing what I want.

Carol-I agree, that new Avatar is great.

I'm behind on my school work and house work. I may have snow on the way to school in the morning. But I am in a great place, and enjoying every minute of it.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #35  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I just wanted to thank you all for your support as I get back in the game! It's another busy night, but I wanted to post to say THANK YOU! I am still OP, though there was a soda incident last night that kind of sidetracked me for a bit. Cutting out desserts, sugary foods, etc isn't very hard for me, but boy cutting down on the soda is taking a lot of fight! Still, a little over 1.5 (12oz) sodas isn't bad, considering the 3-4 and sometimes more I had been having.

Have a great night ladies!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Thank you all for the comments on the new avatar. Sometimes I'm not sure it's really me when I look in the mirror - I am struggling with it.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #37  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

This is me waving hi to everyone to let them know I'm alive.......haven't truly weighed in since we got back from the cruise.........with all this moving I could say I lost the scale but that would be a lie.....so I wont say that.....

Just know that once my life is more unpacked and settled in....I will be back on track! I'm watching what I eat and portions....just not counting calories.........

LOVE the new avatar Carol!!!!! beautiful!!!!!

talk to you all soon PROMISE!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:44 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the warm welcome back, especially Brandnewme!xxxxx Do you have diet/sugar free sodas or are you 'hooked' on the full sugar versions? I've had the sugar free/diet ones for years but don't get cravings in winter, it's too cold for cold drinks! Where is WY? Wyoming? Pardon my ignorance, being a Brit it REALLY confuses me! HUGS & thanks for the email. I've a feeling I will be 'chatting' qute a bit as I'm re-joining my old slimming club, what plan do you follow at TOPS? I know it supports weight loss but do you follow w/w or something else? xxxxxxx
Carol you look so brown & healthy in your pic, loved your pics of the wedding/dance/holiday? (I forget easily, lol) How do you manage to drink water when it's cold outside? xxxxxxxx
Annie will you be doing any horse riding at your Dad's? I hope you have a great time & get spoilt rotten.xxxxxxx
Well I'm re-joining my old slimming club, South Beach was getting expensive (plus I'm SO SICK of EGGS!!!!) & I want to eat with my family. I got on the scales yesterday & had a nasty suprise so it's time to get real & get back OP & exercise again. I had another TOM two weeks after my last one, I hope my body's not trying to 'catch up' with the three months+ I went without one!!! We have our old dog back as he has a skin problem & has to be bathed x2 a week, my parents can't lift him, it cost £500 that's about $1,000 & we had to pay half! He had 5 biopsies over his body to check why he lost most of his fur so bathing him is a nightmare, trying to not wet his wounds. Anyway it's great to have him back, except he can't walk far now; he's 13; AND he has a "buster" collar (a 'lampshade' thingy to stop him licking/biting his stitches out)on so we're all bruised from him bumping into us and the furniture is getting bumped too! lol
Anyway I'm off to get ready for the meeting..BTW we went to a party on holiday for Hallow'en with the boys I might post a pic or two later, if I dare, lol, I'm looking so 'jowly' now, not for long though.
xxxxxxsharon
ps Zelma, so sorry about you feeling down, better to get meds & feel better than hang on & feel sad, life's too short to be unhappy! You deserve to be happy, those kids will be missing you, your kindness & sunny smile! BTW I LOVE you hair colour, wish mine would go that colour but I'm too grey, lol!xxxxxx

Last edited by voodoo1; 11-06-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #39  

Morning Ladies...

Brandnewme: I use to drink atleast 5 or 6 sodas a day. Dr Pepper that is. I didnt know I drank that much til I took a nutrition class and wrote everthing down. I still struggle with soda...But I have 1 with my lunch at work, and that one actually lasts me a few hours cause I drink slooooooooow. I also have one with dinner. So while soda is evil and pure poisin if ya ask me..lol.. having 2 a day is alot better then 6. I don't know if I will ever stop drinking soda. I am not ready to commit to that.

Bernice:Glad your posting when ya can...I showed hubby your cruise pics..and said isnt that romantic! Maybe someday we can go on a cruise.

Annie: Oh no don't get sick!

As for me, work has been a big ole mess. I can't remember if I told yall but everyone has to have the PTO, days off. down to 120 hours before Jan 1. I am sitting on about 150 hours. So I have scheduled a few days off...so that makes everything get behind! SO I am trying to get ahead so I can take time off..lol.

Well I need to get going to work...

Yall have a great day!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Sharon - I have missed you so - glad to see you back.

I'm off to workout - a little concerned that the total body workout we did on Tuesday did not make me sore............anywhere at all. I need to work hard tonight - I want to fit a little more comfortably in those plane seats again in a few weeks.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 357/357/150

Height: 5'3"

hi all - new to the site and I've been reading up. wanted to applaud you all for the words of encouragement for one another, I hope I can become a part of your community!
I'm about to take my first step forward, I'm going to actually walk the dogs around the block, not just stand with them on the lawn.... don't mean to sound like a slacker but this is big for me.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi chicks!

Well, Jim finally went for his snoring problem and they are going to do a sleep study on him on the 21st. I sure hope they find out what the problem is. I'm pretty sure he will have to have one of those machines for sleep apnea. From all indications, it sounds like that's what he has. I didn't realize it could lead to so many things that affect the heart. They also told him if he lost some weight, that he might not snore so much so. He also went in for his shoulder and knee. The knee is arthritis, so exercise (YAY) they say will help that and just a few exercises for the shoulder. So with the hint for him to lose weight and exercise, I'm hoping he will get with it again, and therefore, it will help me out too. The doc even said that the Wii Fit is great for indoor exercise!! So I'm hoping for one for Christmas.

Still making beads here and breaking out into jewelry, so wish me luck on that.

Weight loss is starting to pick up again. Some clothes were starting to get tight, so that kicked my butt in gear to get going again. I hope to have a good weight loss this week.

The weather is pouring here and there is flooding expected. They say we will have over 55 hours of straight rain. We already are flooded in the front and back of our house.

fixingit, Welcome to our group. You'll find lovely and helpful ladies here. I rely on them so much to get me motivated and kick me in the pants when needed.

Carol, I don't know if I said it already or not, but what a lovely pic of you on your avatar. I can see such a change in your face. You're doing so well.

Cyn, hope you get caught up and ahead on work so you can take some time off. Sort of a catch 22 for you isn't it? Have to work extra hard to get ahead just to take a few days off to come back and be behind. Hopefully it won't happen that way and you'll stay ahead.

Sharon, hiya!! Long time no see! Poor doggie. I hope he heals up fast. Nothing worse than the furbabies not feeling well. I"m glad to hear you went back to your weight loss group. Anything to help us make our goals is the way to go.

Catherine, have fun at classes but be careful in that snow!

Annie, how are you feeling today? I hope the sore throat goes away. I'm so happy for you that you go get to see your dad and family. It sounds like they have a really nice spread. Enjoy the time off and the tranquility!

Well, that's it for me ladies. Take care and hope to be back soon. I need to keep coming back!
toodles
Debbie
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #43  

Height: 5'7"

TGIF!!! Its been a long week. I am so ready for the weekend! My scales are appearing to be stuck. I have exercised pretty good this week plus doing my pushups 3 times a week. I think the time change has affected my dinner time appetite. I am eating a bit much most nights. So got to go back to measuring out my food.
I feel like time is flying and I just cant keep up!! TOday i am going to try and make a guest list for showers for my daughters bridal showers. YEs more than one..we live an hour away from family so they are having a family shower there for her and then a church and community shower here plus the ones his family and her friends from college are doing. I also need to try and start thinking about the holiday meals. I am going very cheap this year on gifts and food. I am not doing much baking at all. Maybe just goodies for the actual holiday. I dont need it in the house and neither does hubby and daughters dont want to mess up their figures before the wedding.LOL

Depression is here for hubby. Its hard when he goes from one extreme to the other. He gets to the point he doesnt even want to get out of the house. I am going to try to get him to help me lift weights again so maybe he will work out also and that sure helps his depression.
He goes to his medical dr for new scripts for his glucose meds soon and she isnt going to be happy with his weight. He has gained about 10lbs lately. I also have noticed he has been eating more junk and that means his AC1 will not be good.She is really a rough dr and will chew him out...he is really dreading it!!
We are going to see our parents tommorow and son and his wife and baby are meeting us there to introduce her to her great grandparents. I know i will cry when my daddy holds her!! Daddy had a stroke a few years back and is in a resthome. He is an amazing man!!
hugs to all
Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #44  

morning ladies...

fixingit: Welcome to the group!! We have alot of support here I think too! The ladies here are just awesome.

Debbie54: I hope santa brings you teh Wii. I gotta get back on your site and check out more of your beads. Did you say you are doing jewelry? Is it for little kids or big kids?

dgramie: YES TGIF!!!

as for me: Tomorrow our son turns 18..UGH...so we are having a big ole BBQ. I will be busy making food and a cake. Makes me so sad that he is turning 18. And soooo unbelieveable. Dont know if I told yall..but I now sell Slumber Parties! PM if ya wanna see my site. I would love some feed back. I have my first party next weekend and i am a nervous wreck. lol

Nothing on the agenda today but working.

Ladies have a great Friday!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #45  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I am heading off for my TOPS meeting soon for weigh in. I will check back in when I get back. See you all soon!
Closed Thread