Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #1  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Oops I did it again!

Hi everyone!

I was feeling really crappy for about a week, so what did I do? Stopped exercising and starting pigging out. I'm so frustrated with myself!

Luckily I had an appt with my trainer today, so I went and worked out with her, and she pretty much kicked my butt, probably as punishment for calling in sick last week!

Then, she decided today would be a weigh-in day. I have only been getting on the scale with her, about once a month so I can stop focusing on the pounds and keep my focus on eating well and exercising (ha). Luckily, I had lost 6 lbs since Oct 1st, which I was actually pretty happy with. I kinda wonder what it would have been without my disaster week.

Anyway, you'd think this all would have been a wakeup call for me to get seriously back on plan. I did have a great breakfast and an awesome salad for lunch. Then for dinner I made stuffed pork chops. I had worked in to my calories to have 1, but what did I do but eat 2!!!!! Now I'm stuffed, my gut is sticking out, and I'm sitting here wondering what my problem is!!!!

I need some motivation and an attitude adjustment, please!!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Perhaps you should start a blog and journal why you are feeling when you have the urge to binge and stop working out. You can also tell yourself what you feel when you are super motivated and doing your program properly so that when you are feeling down you can read those posts to get back to that mindset.

You've lost 22 pounds. Don't give up on yourself!!

Congrats on the workout with the trainer. You're making progress, you just have to keep going forward to keep it up.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

keep up the good work
rkrs6673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Realize that it is ok to fall of plan, as long as you refocus & get right back on track! There are people on here who have lost over 100 lbs, you think they never feel off plan for a week? Sure they did! We all do! The main thing is to refocus yourself, evaluate your goals and get right back on track by doing the "right things." You have already lost a lot of weight, don't give in now! You are doing such a good job!!!!!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It is not a novel idea and I think I read it here. When I find myself overeating or eating the wrong stuff I look at the food and say, "This is NOT the answer. It's going to make it worse!" For some reason, it works for me.

If you ate the two pork chops at dinner why not compensate for it the next day? It doesn't have to send you into tailspin. Good for you to get back to your trainer. It's a journey and all of us here know what you are going through.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I've been getting off track a LOT lately. But every day I wake up and think "it's a new day, and I can be successful today." Some days I am and some days I'm not, but no use throwing myself down a flight of stairs, just because I tripped a bit at the top!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #7  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I don't think any of us haven't fall of the probvebal waggon now and again. The main thing is to hop right back on and don't use it as an excuse to fail.

Like another poster put it is helpful to write down in black and white when the times you over indulge. What where you feeling or doing just prior to that. You just make see a pattern to your behaviour that then if you are aware of is half the battle. Where you bored, tired, stressed are some of the things you may look for. There are so many others as other people will tell you when they use food as a prop in different situations.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote