Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #46  

Height: 5'7"

scales??? confuse me at times..my weigh day is tommorow but i expected to get up and see a gain(from the amount of food still in my system)....but NO i see a pound loss!! Just have to make sure today is a good day!!!!
Daughter is coming home for the weekend.IM PUMPED!! Im hoping son will bring that baby here this weekend also..if not then we may have to take a trip on sunday to see her. That little sweetie is growing already!!
hope everyone has a HAPPY AND SAFE HALLOWEEN!!!
and stay out of that candy bag!!!(that goes double for me!!)
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 AM   #47  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow Chickie's

Firstly HAPPY HALLOWEEN for today one and all.

Had planned to come by yesterday but other plans got in the way. We bought well DH bought me a vibrating machine. Yes it does aid weight loss but that is not the reason I am using it primarily to help my balance. It is a machine that I use down at the MS therapy centre so it is recommended for strengthening muscles and helping balance. Any help it gives me I will be appreciative of.

RealCdn The recipes that you have cooked look really nice and made me feel hungry Mind you I also do have a piece of turkey cooking in the oven that is smelling rather nice so that is not helping either It sound like you enjoy cooking and experimenting like myself. I have always enjoyed cooking and tweaking around with recipes. I have tried so many new recipes by other people recently that my poor DH thinks he's a guinea pig

dogpal Those 4lbs are elusive at the minute I am struggling going up and down the same few pounds. Fingers crossed the vibrating machine does something in that department.

Happy 44th birthday to your husband another October baby like myself. Although I'm a few days older than he is I hope you both had a nice time on this special day.

Bunny
I do the same as RealCdn in cooking extra batches. They come in real handy when time is short and you want a healthy home cooked meal to keep you on plan. It is like having a ready meal without all the sodium and other little nasties that tend to creep in. They tend to work out cheap as well so better on the pocket which is good when we are all tightening out belts at the minute.

Must run and start making a bit more head way on the dinner front. It is so nice to come back on and post today I really missed it yesterday. Bye ladies

purpleorc
Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

First, Happy Samhain/Halloween to you all.

Secondly, you all are such an inspiration to me. I just wanted you all to know that.

dgramie: *HUGS* I like to think of those days as the days you get all your feelings out and though you may not have gotten them out in the way that you wanted to, at least they are out and in the open. Now you can, the next day, focus on a new day. *HUGS*

Things I've noticed this week. I am going through a bit of a depressive time, I'm sleeping a lot, and am finally getting my feelings out so I can work through them and get to that "new day" feeling! I haven't exercised this week and have craved comfort foods, but I haven't gotten those foods in the house so I haven't been over eating. I have lost more weight and am feeling like I want to move a bit and wake up. You know when you get in those down times and you feel like you're "sleep walking" and you start "waking up" and dealing with things? I'm at that point...so tomorrow I'll probably be flexing my muscles (well not many, but i'm getting there) and becoming strong and defiant. Today I'm just making myself face things so I can work through them. Hopefully that makes sense...

*HUGS EVERYONE*
Old 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all...

Well with Tom going away I am hoping soon lol..I can get back into things. I tell ya he is just trouble!

Happy Halloween to all!!

Today will be a hard one at work..everyone bringing in candy..cookies..you name it! I am going to try to be strong!

Last edited by azcyn; 10-31-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Good LUCK cyn___ you can do it!!!!!

jacquie_ hugs for what your going thru. Its sucks when depression shows its ugly head!! Just keep looking at how far you have came already!!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hiya Peeps - I am HOME. It was a long week but I am happy to report the stress of the airplane seat has passed. I fit and even though there was no one in the middle seats I think I would have been OK anyway.

DH is a limo driver. Last night he picked me up at the airport - I walked off the plane and he is holding a sign THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD. My brother happened to be with him and he told me several women said "that's me" as they got off the plane. My brother told me DH said - "not even close". DH won't even tell me about that so I'm glad bro did.

Food was some good choices while gone, some bad. I did eat bison for the first time - I couldn't tell much difference from beef. I probably still prefer poultry but would not hesitate to eat it again. The scale is up a bit this morning - could be from food or from the travel also.

I had a dr appt this morning. I had lost 36 pounds since last there. He was on the extreme side of pleased with my overall health. He encouraged me to see a plastic surgeon NOW about my excess skin to have a better shot of insurance paying for it when the time comes. He said they can start a photo documentation process - I'm not sure about that - will have to think on that for a time. He also said he feels like 200 would be a good goal weight for me. I was shocked at that. I told him what I had been thinking about 175 or so. We agreed to discuss as I move closer to it but he was pretty adamant about his thoughts.

Chores need to be started but had to stop and say a big I MISSED YOU ALL.

So...........move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning and happy Halloween all,

I went to work and then walked directly in the front door right out the back. I grabbed a rake and went to town on the leaves in the yard. I worked for 2 hours straight raking and then picking the leaves up. My DH will be so excited! I was so excited to be able to do that this year. It has been years and years since I have done raking!

Mimi: Woo hoo on the -1.20 more! Way to go.

Rat: It is getting colder and colder. lol. I heard that the s word is supposed to happen on next Thursday. Just in time for us to be driving in it. lol.

Debi: Hugs to you and I am so glad that your weight didn't reflect your eating.

Toni: Thanks. Hugs.Remember that what ever the scale says, it is a temporary thing and you can get right back on track.

Purple: DH birthday was great. I came home from work and he was still sleeping. I made him some cheese cake cupcakes for his birthday and we went to the movies and saw, "Quarentine". I made him his most favorite dinner which is home made tacos. lol. He loved it. Happy late birthday to you!

Jacquie: Hugs.

Carol: I'm glad that you are home. Glad that the airplane wasn't so bad. I love Buffalo/Bison. The jerky is really good. It is way leaner than beef. Ed is sooooo sweet to do that sign thing. I just love how he loves you and you love him. lol. If you go to the plastic surgeon let me know what I should tell them when I see them. lol.

My weight is the same again. So I will post that on the Biggest looser thread here. No change there. I am so excited because next Wednesday when Joel gets off work we are going to see my Dad, Step mom, Uncle and my Aunt is coming from CA down by Boise. I can't wait to spend time with my family. Plus I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to spend with Joel!

I have cookies to bake. My sweet niece Lindsey's birthday is on the 5th of Nov. and she wants something I baked for her birthday. I have some zuchini bread and banana bread and I will make some cookies too. I need to make them and get them in the mail tomorrow. She lives in CA. lol.

Blessings all and stay safe,
Annie
Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #53  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I didn't go to my TOPS meeting, part of me wanted to go but part of me wanted to avoid it altogether. It turned out that was the only time we could go to the butcher and get our yearly pig. I am determined to be watchful this week.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #54  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

I have no excuse to not have posted, as I've had five weeks off work (two weeks of holidays and three weeks of sick leave) and have had plenty of time, just not a lot of motivation.

I went to the doctor on the first day back at school/work after breaking down in tears a couple of time for no apparent reason. I wanted her to do something about my hormones, as I was positive that my problems were hormonal. Well... after talking with her for a while she told me that it didn't sound as though it was my hormones, seeing as it was almost constantly that I was feeling this way. She has diagnosed depression again. So, I'm on medication - again - and I'm still waiting for them to kick in. After the first week I decided I would be fine going back to work, but I was feeling REALLY anxious all day. After going to the doctor again she told me that this could be a side effect of the medication, so gave me another week off work. Well, then last Sunday I started feeling REALLY bad, emotional, anxious, teary etc. So I went to another doctor Monday morning (my doctor was booked out, but this one is in the same practice) and he said that I would need to give the medication more time to work. So he gave me ANOTHER week off. Well, I went to the Clinical Psychologist yesterday and after talking with her, and feeling even worse than I have for a while, I have decided that I will have to take next week off work as well. Things just don't seem to be working as I had hoped they would. I am seeing my doctor early Monday morning, and maybe we'll have to look at increasing or changing the medication. Although she may still just say that I have to give it more time. We'll see I suppose.

I have been thinking that maybe I was too quick to stop the medication early this year. I had NO idea how difficult my new job at school would be (never having taught music before, and really having NO idea what I was doing) and when I come to think about it, I have been blaming 'hormones' for a LOT of problems throughout the year.

Anyway... I wanted you all to know that I still come on here every day, and I am always thinking of responses I would like to give, but I just never get around to writing them. I hope that soon I will feel up to it.

Luckily I have a wonderful, patient husband who is SO supportive. I am sure he is a little lost at times, not knowing how to help me, but just having him here is help enough. It is his birthday on Tuesday and we bought him a new camera yesterday, (Canon 50D, I think) so I am hoping we'll get out this weekend so he can experiment with it. The weather is supposed to be lovely, so it will be nice to be outside in the sunshine for a while I think.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #55  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Zelma, Hope you feel better soon, take this time to spend with your husband and yourself. I know sometimes it's hard to see there will be a better day, I have been there. It will come though. You are such an encouragement to all of us looking to lose weight and you are a lovely wonderful person, inside and out. (your smile tells me this)
Old 10-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #56  

Hello and Happy Halloween to all!

Zelma, I'm glad you posted. I've been going through a similar experience and have contacted the employee assistance person again. I thought I was getting blown off because I didn't hear from anyone in a couple of weeks. Come to find out the email system has been down and EAP person couldn't get her email. I got a call from her and will meet with her on Monday. I'm going to try to get a referral for some outside help. *hugs* while you go through this difficult time; you are not alone!

Meanwhile, I had my 3rd guitar lesson tonight and did very well. I think the teacher was pleased at my progress. Yes, I am a people pleaser even if I'm doing something good for me in the process. It makes me happy and I'm learning new stuff.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 10-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #57  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Ratkitty, What are you learning on the guitar? If I took lessons, I would want to learn all that picking stuff, all I can do is one pattern.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 AM   #58  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi fellow chicks

Jacquie668 ~ It is really tough dealing with depression. Though glad you came on here and has dgramie says look how far you have come you have done wonderful so far. Think about the and what an achievement you have done so be proud of that and pleased.

azcyn Hope you managed to be strong and resisted all the cookies and sweets (candies). Look forward to hearing whether you managed it.

gggirls Glad you had a nice holiday, nice touch of your brother and DH picking you up at the airport with the sign THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD. Good to see that you fitted perfectly into the airplane seats.

Great news that the doctor was so pleased by your weight loss and the great advice about getting plastic surgery to make inquiries now rather than later. Nice that the doctor would be pleased if you made 200lbs and would reevalute when the time comes.

dogpal Thanks for the belated birthday wishes very kind of you. Good for you and your achievement of raking the leaves. I am sure your DH will be over the moon as well. Shows how far you have come.

ZedAus So sorry that you are suffering with depression. I know what that is like from a personal and professional level. Try and hang in there the medication takes 3 weeks to build up in your body to get to therapeutic levels to start to make you feel a wee bit brighter. Thinking of you and sending you

Ratkitten
Do you play another musical instrument? I would love to play one but not very musically minded but admire the gift in others. So good for you learning to play the guitar.

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-01-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning Peeps - Happy November to you! October was not a big weight loss month for me but in terms of exercise it was over the top in what changes were made. The number of minutes wasn't as high as in the past - the things the new trainer has worked with me on in the last month are so awesome! Seems the first of the month is always a reflective time for me. My goal for December 1 is to no longer be morbidly obese.

Zelma - you've been in my thoughts the last few weeks. I always wonder how you are doing. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it but I am happy to see you post and that you are thinking of us. I hope you and Neil enjoy the new camera today - maybe some new pics are in order.

Rat - are you a rocker? Do biker chic and rocker chic get along? Have you seen the ortho yet? Hugs to you too my friend.

Catherine - please take care of yourself and get all the rest you can. We miss you - thanks for checking in.

Annie - I had this mental picture in my head of you raking all the leaves up and jumping in the pile like we did when we were kids. Fess up sweetie - did you? Great job!

Toni - is food back on track for you? I so understand the not wanting to weigh in but also needing it desperately. I wasn't sure what I would see yesterday when I was back home to weigh. It wasn't pretty. I was back OP in full force yesterday. Today I need to reintroduce veggies to my world.

Last night I tried another new recipe - Crock Pot Carne Guisada - it was a hit! Wasn't sure when DH would be home so it worked wonderfully. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post.

Busy day today - water aerobics, church bazaar, clothes shopping, grocery shopping, laundry and .....................

OOPS - I forgot to mention what happened as I was leaving town on Tuesday morning. The airport screener said she needed to pat me down - I asked why and she told me because my pants were so big I could possibly hide something in them - time for those pants to go!

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #60  
Chained, Chainge, Change

gggirls, Now that halloween is done and my husband got rid of the extra candy I will be fine. I didn't even buy chocolate as I knew that would be virtually planning to fail but I still had a hard time with it. Veggies are going to be my new best friend this week as well as a reintro to walking.
Closed Thread