Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #1  

Default Newbie to site

Hello everyone,

I posted to the general topic site my greeting before I found the 300+ Club so I'm reposting my greetings - albeit abridged.

I'm nearly 43 (birthday on 25th) and have been off and on dieting nearly all my life. Recently divorced (and glad to be rid of him) from an enabler where I probably gained nearly 100 pounds just during the 8 years I was married to him.

So now I'm on my own and looking to finally tackle this weight issue - mostly due to my fear of dying too early because of my weight. Diseases, car accidents etc...can't do anything about those should they occur, but my weight I can (and should) do something about. I live in my town with no family and friends nearby so it's even harder and more lonely to fight this fight alone.

But this site seems to be the place that can help me get the support and friendship I need to get me through the struggles but also let me help others along their journey.

So hello all...I hope to "meet" you all soon.

Dani
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #2  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Dani!!!! You are going to do great!!!!!! Jump right in!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome welcome! *HUGS*
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #4  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Dani!

The one good thing about doing this on your own is that you can purge the house of the things you don't want to eat (or can't control yourself with). I find sometimes it's much harder to ignore things that in the past I'd have eaten with abandon. It would be so much easier if they weren't in the house. Good luck with starting your weight loss journey.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh I hear ya on the enabling husband. My husband is a huge guy (6'7" tall) and he can eat an incredible amount of food. Since I am/was a binger we got along wonderfully! LOL I too gained 100 pounds after getting married and amazingly we were able to work out our problems in the end, 99% due to the fact that my husband just became a truck driver and isn't home at all 5 days of the week LOL What sucks even more is that he can choose to lose weight and do it easily where I'm addicted to food and can't lose weight without a tremendous amount of support (currently get 4 scheduled phone calls a day plus this website, blog, fitday, books, etc!).

It's sooo much easier for me without him home. I started on Monday and have not cheated or eaten any flour or sugar since then. I am kinda dreading him coming home as it will be a lot harder.

Anyway, point being..it will be so much easier for you this time around without anyone tempting or enabling you! Good luck! You can do it!!
newself09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #6  

Default Thank you

Thanks everyone for replying. This sounds like the place for me. I'm glad I came and I hope to be able to help others as much as I get help, if not more.

Dani
Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Dani

Hey, I am glad you came too! I have just returned from having been gone quite a while and realized again how much I need this forum and can hopefully also be an encouragement to others. And yes... just as you said... the give and take helps each of us! Welcome
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 353.6/344.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

welcome! you have the house to yourself, and can stock it with fruits amd veggies and healthy things..you can so do this hun!! I look forward to getting to know ya and seeing progress!!
tlp06289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Dani - I understand so well. My problem is when DH is gone I don't get enough calories - just as serious a problem as too many.

I look forward to getting to know you - join us on the weekly thread.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #10  

Default Thanks

I'm still navigating my way around the board - never sure where to post or not to post or what would help me the most.

Which weekly board are you referring to specifically so I can be sure to check it out? Also what sort of posts are posted on the weekly board? Want to make sure that I stay within any guidelines.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Dani

The weekly thread is an ongoing discussion of this group -- it changes the number weekly so as not to become so long people can't download it. Currently it is here. Come on in!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171985
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Dani! This is a great group of very supportive people. Just jump right in and post!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Dani, welcome to the group. I'm in the process of being rid of a sabotager as well, and I'm really enjoying stocking the pantry with healthy choices and not having to come across any caches of Pringles, candy bars and pork rinds.

While I never ate any of those sorts of things, I've been in such a mental state over the last 28 years and managed it all by stuffing myself full so that I wouldn't have to feel so bad all the time. But now we're free to enjoy and appreciate ourselves for who we are, whole, beautiful women.

So glad to have you here to join in celebrating our choice to nurture our wellbeing.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #14  

Default Nwebie

Hi all,

As it says I'm a newbie, first day and first post. I am 64 and ready to get rid of this junk I have been dragging around for way to long. I'm also retired and disabled. I started out at 313 on 5/13/09 and have lost 30 lbs so far. I am really doing this for my daughter who is 40 and weighs 250 or did she has lost 12 lbs. I just really worry about her and want her to be more healthy. She lives with me and my husband and said she just couldn't lose weight with my cooking so I am taking that excuse away. My husband is totally supportive. Looking for all the help I can get and hope to give some also,
Rozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #15  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

and
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote