Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 344/335/170

Height: 5'7.5

Morning everyone! I am so glad it is Friday and we have all survived another week. I did fairly well at dinner last night - tried really hard to load up on the veggies, but, yes... I ate a piece of cake and had 2 glasses of wine. Still, that is pretty good (at least for me) and I was really careful earlier in the day as I knew I was gonna be a little bad. Overall, I'm happy with it!

cfmama: I hear you about those PMS cravings! They are awful! Good for you for sticking with it!

Bunny: It feels like exercise is impossible sometimes, but you are doing so well with your food! That is awesome!

Dogpal: Ugh! it's bad enough getting up for a full day of work is bad enough, let alone having to get up and get ready just for a few hours! Yuck!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

I just got back from taking my doggies for a walk. They love it! I weighed and I am still down to 232 so I updated my tracker since today is my "official" way in day. lol. TOM Cravings were bad yesterday. I ate some nuts before bed. Luckily not too many. I love Fridays cause I get to see my DH much more. I am always sound asleep by the time he gets home every night. So basically I don't even see him until Friday night. I miss him.

Carol: I'll try to remember to take some pics this weekend for you. lol. Hope your day today is great like yesterday.

Debi: Yep. The cold has come. I have been turning my heater on here and there. It has been so darn cold here. They keep threatening snow but so far none has hit us.

Firedust: As long as you are doing better than you did before with your eating, you are making progress. Great job.

Well, I hope everyone else is doing well and just busy. Have a wonderful weekend. I will try to peak in if I have the time.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 10-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7"

annie_ way to go on being 232...we are at the same place again...does this mean i can move on down now? LOL
I am wearing a windsuit for the first time this season and it feels so good and soft. I look pretty good in it also!! I am so thankful i started this journey!!
Nuts are the main food I can not control myself with. I will eat just a palm full and then a little bit later another palm full and before you know it the whole can is gone.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #49  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

dgramie, Nuts are hard for me too, I just measure them than it is easier to not lie to myself about how much I am eating. I just get a half ounce a day. Right now raw cashews are my favorite. I was down again at my TOPS meeting again, getting farther away from the 300 is a good feeling. I only have about 15 or so to go until I have lost 100 pounds. That seems so weird, such a giant number.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #50  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I just found out that our Pastoral Associate died suddenly last night. For those who aren't Catholic, that's the person who runs all the education and sacramental preparation in the parish. She was a 60 year old nun that I had been having run-ins with over the last several weeks. She had been acting erratically the last several weeks, running people off, and just not showing up for work. We don't know the cause of death yet, but now I'm wondering if her erratic behaviour wasn't small TIA's happening, or some kind of tumor. I just hope that none of our arguments contributed to her passing.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Catherine - I'm sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.

Toni - you are doing fantastic. Keep up the great work. Do you find yourself with more energy and stamina than before?

Annie - I'm looking forward to the pics. Hope you enjoyed your time with DH - I've been in the same boat this week - I'm glad he is home for the weekend. I'm already stressing about having to go to Denver for 2 weeks - not just because of the size of the plane seats but also missing home. I am such a homebody.

Firedust - this journey is all about choices - you made better choices than you previously would have. Great job! Life can't be put on hold just because of how we are eating now - we need to make the best choices at the time - if they aren't great get right back to better choices just like you did! I'm proud of you.

Bunny - just jump in - don't be shy - as you can see most of us aren't. It is also how we learn - we each deal with things differently - I have learned so much from the wonderful group of people - things that now seem so clear. One of the biggest lessons I learned here was EAT - I was in the midst of a long plateau - they asked what I was eating - turns out I wasn't eating enough - sure enough - I upped my calories (a lot) and started losing weight - I'm a very slow loser but at least it started moving in the right direction.

CFmama - how's your day going?

Debi - enjoy the baby visit today.

Time for me to head to water aerobics - then some chores and dinner with friends tonight - UGH - at KCs most famour BBQ joint - this will not be easy - I will eat light today but will still be challenged - lots of water today.

Rat - are you back in town?

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 10-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #52  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

still moving we should be all moved over tonight! I'm hoping!!!! then next week it is cleaning time for the old house.........I've been packing and unpacking room by room so it is not a huge deal over here at the new house once we are done!! But I am fried!!!

gotta run

I read just can't comment..........haven't even uploaded the bahama pictures to the computer yet!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

catherine: sorry for your loss.

Boy it sure is quiet around here lol....everyone busy busy.

As for me...just the same ole same ole. Today I am going to work more on my quilt...and get some house work done..sounds exciting yes?? lol Also hubby and I are going to try planning meals out again. As I am sure you are all know FOOD is expensive..so we are going to have to stay more on budget. Gas is going down and FOOD is going up..I don't get it. I am going to try and find more casseroles and crockpot stuff that way it is easier and there will be left overs for lunch for me to take to work.

Everyone have a great day...and drink that water.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Saturday Morning everyone,

Because of my schedule during the week, I couldn't sleep past 6 a.m. lol. So, Up and at em early today.

Debi: You lead and I'll follow, as long as it is down hill. lol.

Catherine: Hugs to you and please, please don't even let the enemy bring thoughts into your head that anything that may have occured between you two had any inpact on her health! Hugs sweetie.

Carol: You will be fine on the plane. Just know that no matter how the seats fit, it will be the last time that they fit in that exact way! I am such a homebody too. Although lately I am missing my Daddy soooooo much! I am thinking about going to spend some time with him soon. My Mom is in CA right now and she will be there for another month or so and then when she comes home she will be bringing my favorite Auntie with her so I will go down then and see them with my DH and also bring my Auntie back up here with me for a while before sending her on the plane/train back to CA.

Bernice:See ya soon. Don't work too hard.

Well, I guess I am caught up for now. I need to go spend my morning with the Lord then wake DH up. I want to go for a ride sooooo much into the mountains before they get too snowed in. Gas is so much cheaper right now that I think we can afford to splurge on a ride in the country with our furbabies. I paid $2.69 per gallon yesterday at Costco in Coeur d' Alene. I hope it continues to come down. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #55  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Carol, Yes I am having more stamina and energy, still need to get a kick in the butt to get my walks in though. I guess I am used to being lazy and it is hard to change.
Annie, We are neighbors? I am right over the Montana border from Idaho.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #56  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello Hello chickies!!!!!

I'm good today. I survived a visit to my parents with my eating plan intact She put on a spread of white bread, turkey mixed with mayo, tuna with mayo, plain white turkey breast, cheese, pickles, crackers, brownies, Caesar salad, greek salad, big bowl of candy bars in the middle *roll eyes*.

So I brought my own sprouted grain bread, had 2 medium slices of turkey breast, mustard. Made my caesar salad first (to control dressing and cheese) and that was lunch! Had a lovely cup of naked apple cinnamen tea after and was good to go. Everyone else munched on tons of chocolate but I was not even craving it.

*pat on back*

ps... shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I'm now at 351.... sshhh...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #57  

Height: 5'7"

had a good day....i swear that baby is growing already.
Went out for lunch ...didnt do as well as i should have but got right back on track. Scales were so good today..espically after the way the looked early in the week. I have now lost 75.2lbs!! I am pumped!!! We are starting back weight lifting tommorow, it will be hard but worth it in the end!

carol_ enjoy your evening with your friends and shopping

annie- feel free to pass me up anytime but know i will be right behind you!!Down we go!!! LOL

cmama- way to go on lunch!! I need to get my willpower on eating out back on track.

cyn-gas is so much better now...but isnt it a shame that we get excited about it still being over 2.50 a gallon. I hope food prices go down...I was out of my food and its expensive to stock back up....but i cant diet without my foods.

toni-I am swearing off nuts for awhile..

firedust- good job on your eating out.Its the little changes that really pay off in the end.

dmpls- Cant wait to see those picture. try and get some rest tommorow!
catherine-I am sorry for your loss.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #58  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Everyone is doing so well! I had a bad day yesterday. There was leftover meat loaf in the fridge calling my name. It felt like that old commercial with the fridge sucking everything in like a black hole, me included. Then I actually went and bought a Turtles candy. I can't believe I did that stupid thing. Oh well, like I told someone else, today is a new day and I can start from right now.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Everybody! :-)

I've been doing some interesting reading regarding lean mass, fat and ideal weight. This is all really interesting for a numbers person like me. This all might be really geeky for you...so don't worry if you lose interest half-way through my post and move on to the next. :-)

When I started this process back in early Sept, I didn't have my scale nor my BMI monitor. Three weeks later my BMI was 54.3 and my weight 357. What this means is that my body consisted of 193.85 pounds of fat and 163.19 pounds of lean body mass (from now on, i'll drop the decimals for simplicity's sake). For those of you who don't know, lean body mass is bone, internal organs and muscle. If one is healthy, bone and internal organs don't change much in weight from one week to the next so any fluctuations in BMI reflect fat and muscle weight changes.

Ok, back to me. All the parts of me who are not fat weigh 163 lbs. Mind you, 163 pounds of lean body mass is A LOT. Heck, there are women who weigh 163 pounds trying to lose weight! Some of this is muscle I have is from needing to carry around 193 pounds of fat and, I suppose, the lighter I'll get, the less muscle I'll need. But, for now, I'm going to assume that 163 lbs of lean body mass is what I will have when I reach maintenance and let that fluctuate as I lose weight.

Why on earth am I bothering with all this? Well, I have had two burning questions: 1) Am I losing weight the healthy way? and 2) what is my ideal body weight?

Am I losing weight the healthy way?
Well, 20 days later, my BMI is down to 53.7 (-.6) and my weight down by 4 pounds. Mind you, my total weight loss is 7.70 (not officially though, until tomorrow...so ticker stays put till then). Keep in mind that I didn't start recording BMI's until 3-weeks into my process. So, for this calculation, we are going to use 4 pounds. So, I've lost 4 pounds between BMI readings...but, four pounds of WHAT? This is where things start to get interesting!

When I do the calculations my current BMI yields 189.56 pounds of fat and 163.44 lean body mass. That is a TOTAL LOSS of 4.3 pounds of fat and a TOTAL GAIN of .3 pounds of lean mass (muscle). How cool is that? Now only have I lost FAT in the past 20 days but I have GAINED MUSCLE.

This is interesting to me because I've been wondering what this 7.7 pound loss means!! Have I been losing water? Muscle? or is it real fat loss? Now I know the answer and, will be able to know the answer from here on out. All I have to do is keep track of my BMI from one month to the next along with my weight loss and do a bit of math!

Ideal Weight

So, what am I going to look like when I reach maintenance? How much will I weigh? Using 163 pounds of lean body mass, I came up with this:

A healthy 22% body fat for women means I should carry only 47 lbs of fat, not 193. So, 47 pounds of fat plus 163 pounds of lean body mass brings me to an "ideal weight" of 209 lbs. Not a surprise there - more like a confirmation that I've always been big boned and muscle-bound under all this fat. And, of course, my final ideal weight will adjust as things change in my body.

So, anyway, this has been a fun exercise and thought I'd share.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Last edited by NuevaVida; 10-19-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to say HI! because I don't want to be just a lurker all the time. I don't post much but I do derive so much support from this forum.

I am trying to change my attitude about eating. I realized that I am eating for the Now instead of trying to make a better Future for myself. I have gotten so into immediate gratification and comfort eating that I have lost out on so many things. I will be 37 in December and I want to have a sense of hope this time on my birthday instead of that another-year-wasted feeling
For about 10 months, basically all of 2008, I have been eating too much in the evening. Every morning I chastise myself and promise to do better but it is all futile. I have gained back 25 pounds.
I am desperate for a change for the better. I am trying cognitive behaviour therapy to modify how I think about my ability to diet and lose weight. Also, I am exploring getting the lap band hut that may not be feasible for economic reasons.

I am sorry for such a downer of a post. I just needed to write things down. Actually, things are much better than they seem. There was a time I was able to lose 60 pounds so it is possible--I just need to get back in touch with that person.
Thanks for so much for reading and the support this forum always provides.
Closed Thread