Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #16  

Smile Good Morning Ladies!

Elmay – How nice that you have a new outlook on your job and life situation. Sorry you have had a rough time, but as they say – Every cloud has it's silver lining – and perhaps this is yours! Good for you on recommitting and getting back on track.

Ruth – Mmmmmm Bacon…..

Barb – I am a hearing officer (administrative judge) for the Dept. of Social Services. I do child support hearings. Please everyone! No questions! I actually love my job – but we've gotten extremely backlogged due to lack of staff and poor management and I'm have literally 100+ cases waiting for judgments. I work overtime (granted not a lot), unpaid, every month and fall farther and farther behind. We've had staff quit because they were just sick of it or be fired because they fell too far behind – and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I love my job. I hate working here. Does that make sense? I used to do yoga. I suppose that would at least get me some exercise after work again. I'm usually such a lump of bleah by the time I leave I don't have the energy to do more than go home, cook dinner and veg out in front of the tube. Good job with the food avoidance. Luck with the non-sleeping child! I remember how that can be.

Bigmomma Great WI.

ARRGH!!!!!! I had a bunch of stuff written, other than what's above - which is cut and paste - and it lost the post so I'm not going back into it all. Let me sum up. OP ok. Sleep needs work. WO nonexistant.

Gotta run!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #17  

Smile

Good morning, quick fly by this morning. Just wanted to come and say hello and hope you have a wonderful weekend. I Have an early appt.

Lilion, don't you just hate losing your post?

Take care, see Ya later. Ruth

Last edited by Iwillbe; 10-17-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 305/247/<200

Height: 5'9"

Default Back on duty

My good week is continuing... I have had some heart-to-heart talks with a couple of key co-workers including my new boss. I still don't like the fact that my old boss got fired, but it's done and I'm ready to move on. I was motivating myself at work mainly out of loyalty to him, so I've had to find new motivation -- the intellectual challenge of my assignment and the freedom to explore new ideas is working for me and I'm now ok with working for my new boss.

I got to the gym on Wednesday and boy, am I sore today (and yesterday too)! When I complain about this at home, Marie points out that I like doing this to myself, which is true, to a certain extent. There is a certain amount of "I really worked and I can feel it" which feels good and then there is the "dang, it hurts to walk down the stairs feeling" . I was happy that after 2 weeks of layoff and bad eating, I was able to jog/walk for 15 minutes at a 60/90 second pace (which is where I left off) and finish my work out with 5 minutes at a 45/105 second pace. I don't know when I will get to the 90/60 second pace -- soon I hope -- that's "week 2" of couch-to-5k.

I was also happy when I stepped on the scale this a.m. and was still at 253 which was my low point last month. I managed to stay good with my eating in the a.m and at lunch which probably helped keep it from getting out of hand. Plus, it was only 2 weeks and if a pound of fat is 7000 calories, it is pretty hard to eat yourself 10 pounds fatter in a couple of weeks .

Although I don't like getting off program, the fact that I was able to get back on makes me feel good because in the past, once I go off the wagon it takes a looonnnggg time to get back on .

Ruth, hope you are finding your zest and good for you for getting back op wrt counting calories!
Barb, grats on the Phillies making it to the World Series and good for you wrt staying on plan!
Bigmomma, grats on your wl! Re supplements, when I did body-for-life in 1999 or so, I took their supplement which had ephedra in it. It did make me jittery, but it also curbed my appetite and I lost quite a bit of weight. I was not able to sustain the loss and they've taken that off the market. I have taken vitamins (not doing it now, but I probably should) and fiber/calcium tablets (probably should do that again also -- thanks for the reminder! ).
Lilion, good to see ya and bummer about the post! I hate it when that happens -- my MBA program had a lot of online posting and I got to the point of composing my posts in MS Word and then cut 'n paste into the browser cause I was so sick of losing my work.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend! We are having beautiful fall weather here in Portland. I have Andre (my 5 y/o) all to myself this weekend since Marie is going away with friends. Not sure what we will do, but it will be good to be out and about.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies!

My school term is kickin' my backside! I am just ever under a mountain of grading it seems. I'm hanging in but my eating is off a little and I'm exercising less and I can tell I've added a bit more jiggle back in.

Right now I'm just trying to make it another month to close to the end of the term. Then I will try to regroup!

It's good to hear from all of you!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:27 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
Just popping in for a quick hello before I wind down for the night. I'm happy to report another successful week and a 4 pound loss for the week. I hit the gym this afternoon for cardio. Afterwards DH wanted me to meet him and the boys at a diner for dinner. I'm becoming rather proud of my ability to eat out and be totally in control. I decided to order breakfast for dinner and had 2 eggs (I requested that didn't use butter when cooking), turkey bacon (ate 2 slices, gave 2 to my kids), one slice of wheat toast and a small fruit cup. I was a little annoyed when she brought my plate out with a big pile of hashbrowns on it, but I promptly got rid of them. I was totally satisfied after the meal. It was interesting to see how small my sensible meal looked compared to how they pile food on the plates with regular menu orders. Am I making any sense?

I have a session with my trainer in the morning! Can't wait. I really enjoy all my sessions, but I like my Saturday mornings. It's a great start to the weekend.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Talk to you soon!
Barb
Old 10-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Chicks! Popping in to wish everyone a HAPPY & HEALTHY day!! What are you going to do for yourself today?

I'm on my way to the gym then we are going to take the boys to Lancaster, PA for a mini-road trip. Food this evening will be a challenge because I know DH will want to go to an Amish style all you can eat! I will not give into temptation!!! I spent part of the morning going through clothes in my closet and LOVING the feeling of slipping on and comfortably buttoning pants that haven't fit in years!!!

I'm off....love to all!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #22  

Well, not what you meant about doing for myself today, Barb, but I am giving in to temptation. I am using ALL 35 flex points today in one fell swoop! I have friends getting together to watch some folks we know perform at a local Irish Pub this evening. This place has the BEST FRIED MUSHROOMS IN THE WORLD! Portabella's cut like steak fries, beer battered and fried. My absolute favorite fattening food. I'd take them over ice cream or alfredo sauce. That's saying something. So...I fully intend to partake and I shall drink wonderful Irish brews as well and I will not regret it. What I WILL do is plan ahead. I am watching my points like a hawk today and staying as low as possible, while not allowing myself to be ravenous by the time I'm pubbing, thereby causing me to indulge in more than mushrooms and beer. I am planning the rest of the week's meals so that I do not need any flex points for the week and, since there's really no way to figure how many points I'm actually using tonight, I'm scrapping all 35 weekly flex points. I'm seriously considering taking my own fat free ranch dressing to dip the mushrooms in, because really, who needs real ranch dressing?

I've used this strategy before to enjoy a night out and still stay OP and it's worked, so it isn't a new idea, it just takes planning.

I just came from WI and lost 2 lbs this week! This pleases me.

WTG on your WI Barb and Elmay!

Heather it may not be grading, but boy do I understand being snowed under!

Ruth: Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Old 10-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

We're back home and got the doggies home too. They have run themselves silly and are crapped out. I'm going to go have a nap and then go back into town to the fitness center before they close at 5 pm.

I'll catch up with the thread tomorrow morning.

to all!
Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!

Lilion - Sounds like you have a fun night going on!!! One of my favorite places in the world is an Irish Pub where I grew up. Believe me...if I was there I would also be planning and enjoying. You have a well thought out plan and I hope you are having a blast! Congrats on the 2 pounds!!!

Terri - Welcome back! I hope you had a good time!

I had a good/frustrating time at the gym today. Good because I had a really kick butt workout! Frustrating because the gym owners are screwing with my awesome, incredible, fantastic trainer!!! They contracted out the personal training to him/his staff and have an exclusive contract, but now the owners are waffling over the deal and allowing other trainers to come in. They are looking at the dollar signs. I understand they are running a business, but this is not right. I'm sure it will all work out. My trainer and I exchanged a few text messages today and it sounded like he was feeling better than this morning, but it just sucks. Anyway...just rambling.

After the gym we packed up the kiddos and headed to Lancaster, PA for the afternoon. We took a train ride on the Strasburg Railroad. Carlton, our 3 yo, is so into trains right now and was so excited!! Then we ate dinner at a PA Dutch, family style restaurant. I didn't enjoy having so much food in front of me, but I made really wise choices and practiced major portion control. After dinner DH told me how awesome I did! It was nice that he noticed.

Now I'm catching up on Survivor and the internet.

Sweet dreams to all!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40!"
Closed Thread