Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- Classes start Sept 15th (yes, we end late, but start late).

As for baking, I haven't baked a lot on this weight loss journey. I've tried some low fat recipes, but not a lot. I've missed it and am starting back in a bit more. I probably won't make a lot of regular cookies that I don't want to eat, but I do like trying some different snack foods.

Give the bars a whirl. You don't have to bake them!

Anne -- Hmmm... I've never baked with milk powder. Sounds interesting.

Last edited by Heather; 08-18-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey, I am getting ready for bed but wanted to check in.

Carol-Thanks! I will work on the water. You are awesome to keep on me about it. Debbie does too! It is always fun getting the kids school supplies. They are excited.

Penny
Old 08-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

oh my goodness! are any of you taking kickboxing? or have you? its a LOT of fun, and a great workout. you should try it. i just started today, but i love it.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Luan - I will start back to water kickboxing in a couple of weeks - I agree - it's awesome.

Having had a fantastic OP week I was expecting - oh maybe a 20 pound release - you know the feeling - great week equals great release right. I am up .25 of a pound. After the initial disappointment I'm fine - mojo still strong. Slow and steady wins the race.

Hope you all have a great end of summer day.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #20  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi there girls
I only have a minute as its breakfast then I'm off painting hubbys workshop etc Wanted to tell you about the AWESOME weigh in last night. 10.5 lbs I am pretty excited. Mind you first week and all... but I'll TAKE it! I got a ribbon and certificate at TOPS and we had "treat" night since it was Steve's Dad's 60th bday. Back on track this morning.

to everyone!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #21  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Heather - if I remember correctly, the first version I made was kind of like a baked oatmeal bar, although I swapped half the milk powder for soy flour and added some flax seeds. It was really quite tasty. I've been working on higher protein, lower carb, snacks though so I've swapped out all the milk powder for soy flour, added protein powder, fiber and threw in a couple of eggs to make sure it had a little rise to it. It's not as tasty as the original version, however, it's 30% protein. Two squares of it (I'm making it in a bigger pan) have 6g of fiber. It's closer now to a homemade protein bar of sorts. I've been doing this so I have portable snacks for fall when I'm back in school.

Carol - Keep strong, it will happen.

Brenda - congratulations!

Well, I should go grab my breakfast. I've got scrubbed cucumbers waiting. Yes, today is pickle day. Only a small amount since I've never made them before. The recipe is well-tried, just not the pickle maker (me). Hope everyone is having a great week so far.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #22  

Height: 5'7"

Brenda_ awesome weight loss!!

Carol- Im sure its all the water you drank last night..keep it up and you will see big numbers next week.

luan_ we dont have any fun classes like kickboxing offered around here..I live in the middle of nowhere! sound like alot of fun!

Penny_ i got tickled you talking about getting school supplies..my youngest starts college today and came in yesterday and sat in the floor and organised her school supplies. Guess its fun at any age!!

heather_ wow that is when i wish school started around here. This year the heat isnt bad but some years its way over 100 degrees when the kids start back to school and having to ride a school bus for hours in the heat. NO FUN

dmpls_ how are you feeling?? How is the school year going so far?? Did daughter and hubby make up?? I hate when there is tension in the house!

annie_ no I didnt get to lift sunday..or yesterday. Im hoping maybe today..but hubby wants to lift tommorow. so i may just jump on the trampoline tonight. I so want to see that 239 I saw for a few seconds yesterday..to bad i was dehydrated from being sick in order to see it. I was back to 242 this morning..I knew it was to soon to be in the 30s.

debbie_ How are you?? Working on any new craft projects?? I did some sewing on sunday before i got sick. I sure enjoyed it! I am making the little 8x8 squares with ribbon coming out in loops around the sides...babies love the different textures of the ribbon.I hang links on them and they can hook onto carseats or strollers. They sell them in stores for about 20 and they cost less than 2 to make one.LOL

catherine_ are you ready for school to start?? do you have all your school supplies ready?? lol

rain- are you lurking?? how are you??

julia- great weight loss..how do you handle a mom who just sends one pair of training pants when your working on potty training?? GRR She even sent a snap between the leg outfit.GRRR I think a mom would gladly send the stuff you need to potty train a 2 yr old.

julee- anything exciting going on with you??

hugs to those I missed.
debi
Old 08-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #23  

anne_ i have cucumbers soaking in vinegar right now with a little splenda. I also need to cut up an onion and add to it.What kind of pickles are you making?/ My mom made bread and butter pickles last week.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #24  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

My date with DS went great. We actually had a conversation without being interupted. But then after about 20 min he said Mom thats enough questions can we just eat! I guess that was enough for a 7 yr old boy! But I love my one on one time with him!

As for parents who send pull ups and baby clothes hmm. Maybe send home a copy of a star chart. It will be a reminder that thier kid gets a gold star each time they use the potty and dont need baby items any more. I had a kid show up with no shoes yesterday and today the family is a no show they are to be here at 7 and well its 8:42 now! Oh well I get paid anyways!

Making granola today, getting pickle supplies from the market on thurs and need to finish up my peaches! I have a date with a gf who has organic apples and we are working on applesauce and frozen slices for the winter some time next week.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #25  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Debi - I'm making dills. It's a odd process, but it works well, so we don't mess with it. It came from my grandmother who was a forewoman in a Bick's plant decades ago. So I'm assuming it's a home version of some of the things they used to do. However, a couple of years ago when we ran out of pickles we tried a jar of their dills and they weren't as good. I've made sweet pickles before but I'm not that fond of them. This is a salt/vinegar/water brine with garlic and dill.

So I ended up with 10 quart jars. The cucumbers were too big so I couldn't pack them very tight. Overall though it worked out well, although it will be 6 weeks minimum before I can open one and check. They only go into the sterilizer for a minute, but it takes about 30 mins for it to come to a boil (so I'm in a waiting cycle for the second batch).
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #26  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

PICKLES! My husband is the pickler in this family but we always stick a whole rinsed grape leaf in each jar of dills. This helps keep them crisp.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #27  

I overslept this morning and just grabbed a yogurt instead of my normal eggbeaters..gosh by 9 am I was starving.I ate my string cheese a little early and will remember to at least add in some fruit next time im running late.
IM wearing a tank top around the house today..kids dont care how i look..well my upper arms are flopping..I dont think i like this!!!!Looks like its time for some toning exercises.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Carol: Nope. My dogs don't have ear troubles, Thank God. Maybe the Golden in them keeps them okay. My Mom has a purbred German Shepherd and he always has ear troubles as did thier dog before him same breed. Thanks for you support and encouragement on doing personal training. Congrats on keeping your mojo going! Hugs.

Brenda: Woo hoo to you on that fantastic -10.5 Wonderful job.

Anne and all the other pickle makers. You guys rock. I want to try to do some canning and stuff next year.

Debi: Good for you being 242. You are sooo close. I am at 244 today so I have 5 more to go before I'm into the 230's. Hopefully we will both be there very soon.

I had a 7 a.m. orthodontist appointment that lasted about 5 minutes. He just checked my retainer and did an adjustment. I don't have to go back for 6 months! I have another job interview today with a medical supply company. It is at 1 p.m. so, I have 4 hours. I am planning on going to a job fair just down the street for a new elderly medical care center that is opening up. They need office staff among other positions. I am going to go and see what it is all about and drop off my resume.

I hope you all have a wonderful op day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 08-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Annie, I'm so proud of you for considering being a personal trainer. What a great dream that you're making a reality! I know you'll get those 5 lbs off before you see the doc again. You are so committed to this journey, that you can achieve anything! Good luck on those jobs too. I'm sure someone will see what a gem you are and hire you!
Beads are going well. I'm working on some for Halloween right now. I little Frankenstien, vampire, and witch. I opened up my shop on Etsy.com too.

Heather, thanks for the recipe. They sound really good! I'm definitely going to have to make some and try them out.

Julia, YAY for the 3 lb release!!

Carol, we ended up going to karaoke. My dil is getting pretty brave now and even singing solo! One of these days I'll get brave (or drunk) and get up there. The rest of the weekend I worked on making beads for an order I got. It was so hot though that the clay kept melting in my hands! Thank goodness it's cooled down.
I think you're mojo has rubbed off on me!!! I actually did a 1 mile WATP dvd this morning!! Thanks for being strong, it empowers other too!

Luan, ooooooooo kickboxing!! That sounds like fun!

Brenda, WHOOOOHOOO!!! Wow!!! That's fantastic on the 10.5lbs gone. Keep up the great work!!!!

Anne, let us know how the pickle making goes. All your canning sounds so yummy!

Debi, I'm doing great! I've been making beads. I fogot how time consuming they are but well worth the effort. It also keeps me from hitting the fridge every 15 minutes at night. Those little thingies you're making for babies sound pretty cute. You'll get to the 230's in no time. Being sick sucks, but glad that your'e feeling better now.

Gotta get moving here. Everyone have a great OP, water drinking, movin' day!
Debbie
Old 08-19-2008, 02:25 PM   #30  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Well, I don't know about your kids, but this kid is very excited for school to start. I get to go out to pick up my books tomorrow. I hope they end up being heavier than the bag of money it will take to buy them. I start September 3rd. I'm going to check out tomorrow where my classes are going to be. They keep changing things because the whole college and seminary is moving. The province is putting a new highway right through the library, so it seems to make sense to move the thing. The province threw enough money at them to build whatever they want. It was go through the college, or a sub division of homes. Moving a 60 year old college seemed the cheaper choice. The new location will be easier to get to on the bus, so I'm not complaining, but I'll practically be done by the time they get completely moved.

He got home okay. I'm glad I checked online for the flight departures because his plane was delayed an hour, and I would have been going nuts with him being an hour late. This was just a quickie. When he goes to Glasgow for a couple of weeks in October, I'll be a basket case. At least I'll have my school work to keep me occupied.

Even more important than going back to school the 3rd, is that my water aerobics class will be back on the 1st. Yeah!! The kids will be back in school, and the heck out of my pool. Maybe I can get back on track better. I just don't lose weight without the exercise, and I am so limited physically on what I can do.
Closed Thread