Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #31  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Bernice-remember that antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your gut at the same time they are trying to kill the bad ones elsewhere. With those missing from your small intestine, digestion happens in large intestine, and that's what makes us sick. When you are on antibiotics, eat yogurt with active cultures every day and for a week afterwards, and you will get sick a fraction of the amount. This is especially important if you have had your appendix removed, because scientists have found out that the appendix is actually where the body stores the good bacteria out of the line of fire to repopulate the gut after something disturbs it.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #32  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

CatherineM, I didn't know that.

The things you can learn, hanging out, here.

Brandnew, Ow! I hope that you recover swiftly. Take care of yourself and be careful out there.

DMPLS, good luck at the dentist. Going to the dentist sucks.

Ratkitten, I hope that you get some answers after your cat scan. Wishing you the best.

Dogpal, . I thinks you needs it.

Well, yesterday turned out sooo much better than the day before. I actually managed to stay OP all day. Let's shoot for two in a row, shall we? I wonder if we are in for a storm, today? The air feels funny.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Bernice-I hope all goes well at the dentist.

Rat-get feeling better soon!

Debi- slept? 3 hours, I think.

Annie-Ibuprofen knows me out. I just don't like to take anything unless it is a half to for a headache or something. Because if I take something, then I sleep really hard and wake up feeling worse. It usually takes away the headache, but I am feeling really achy and sore like someone beat me up. I may give benadryl another try. I just don't like being out so hard. I want to hear the girls if they need me.

So, with that said it was a long night. Daughter took dog out about 9:30 and he got loose. There were some people lighting off fireworks and he got scared and ran. We looked for a couple of hours and then waited a little bit then out again. They finally stopped about 11:00 with the noise. He was so scared at that point, I don't know where he went. He probably ran until he could not hear them anymore. So young daughter was very worried and up a lot through the night. It is always something lately. Hubby said yesterday that his car was making a strange noise too. Like we need that too! The cat is wandering around the house I think kinda puzzled. He thinks its weird that the dog is not here and at the same time, he probably is thinking. . .oooh, my house again. Kinda sad to say right. He will hopefully show up in a day or two. I was just out looking again for a half hour. We live in a small town so it doesn't take long to tour it. And I didn't hear any other dogs barking. Well, I am going to go and drink some water and get some laundry started. I will check back later. Penny
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

HUgs penny sounds like you really need them!! hopefully your dog will come home today. I sure hope you get some sleep. You do know that sleep is a key to wellness of all types!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #35  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Checking in. Have been really busy with company. Friday my roommate/caregiver/bff Toni's son, DIL, granddaughter and gd's best friend arrived. The gd is 16 and lived with us from ages 7 - 12, so she's like my own gd. The parents left on Sunday but the girls stayed - the best friend for 1 week and gd for 3 weeks. I don't know how your ladies with children do it. I'm exhausted just trying to keep up with cooking, cleaning up after and doing laundry for 2 teenage girls.

Anne - Good news on the weight loss front and settling into a comfortable routine. Check in with us when you can in the coming weeks, meanwhile, we will know you are lurking.

Catherine - I'm envious of your sewing abilities. My lowest grades in high school were the sewing part of home economics and I still cannot sew a straight line, much less figure out how to alter anything. Luckily for me Toni does sew and is altering some of my "too big" clothes to get me by without having to buy too much new for a while since my clothes budget is not great.

Toni - Sneaking food is a hard habit to break for me. For now I have it under control but I still have to fight it and I've come to accept that I always will to keep on top of those urges.

Heather - Keep up those baby steps, they will get you there just as surely as long strides.

Angie - Love your descriptions of Wasa - they were right on the money.

Annie - Hugs - It must be hard getting used to hubby's new working hours.

Brandnewme - Hope you are feeling better after your fall. My biggest fear in life is falling also because with the combination of rheumatoid arthritis and way too much weight I can't get up myself when I fall. In fact the last time I fell was just over a year ago and Toni finally had to call the fire department to help get me up off the floor. It was a mortifying embarrassment and is actually what triggered my beginning a lifestyle change, so good can come from life's calamities.

Rat - That dizzy feeling is not pleasant. I hope they find the source of yours soon.

Rain - Good job getting back OP yesterday. Keep it up. You can make it 2 in a row today and each day you do it does get easier.

Penny - So sorry about your lost doggie. I hope you find him and some rest/sleep for yourself soon.

Carol - Get those calories back up and I'll bet the scale will begin falling again. Hugs to you gf.

Nice NSV for me this weekend. When the company arrived Friday and saw me their jaws actually dropped open. They have not seen me since Christmas so their reaction really brought home to me the difference the 100 lbs gone has made. It is still hard for me to see it, but to see it on other people's faces really affirms it.

Back to laundry for me now...goodness teenage girls surely do create a lot of it lol. Wishing everyone a great OP day. Drink your water.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #36  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

It is nice to have Laughing Cow in so many of the stores here. AkMak is a huge imporvement over Wasa and Trader Joes makes a corn tortilla flatbread that is also very tasty as well.

Luan...I'll be looking forward to it!! Thanks

BrandNew...so sorry about your fall. Get well soon!

Catherine...it wasn't until later in life I knew about the good bacteria/bad bacteria thing...but I always remember being told when I was younger to eat yogurt when I was on antibiotics to prevent yeast infections. Makes sense though...

I had to rush to throw dinner together last night and it was pretty tasty. I just made some chicken thighs in the oven and I spread a little crushed garlic under the skin before I made them and sprinkled the tops with a seasoning blend I got at the international market store...I think it might have been a gyro/shwarma seasoning. The I messed with DH's mind and made orange cauliflower. Not orange the flavor or the fruit, orange the color. They had them in the store and it was that or purple and I knew he would never eat purple cauliflower. I cut it up and steamed it till soft in some fat free chicken broth, then I mooshed it up with some I Can't Believe It's Not butter and a little garlic spread I got at the farmers market. Tasty!

I am thankful that things are not too crazy yet at work..but I still am feeling like I am behind and that I have so much catching up to do. Part of the problem is that so many of the kids that are my teen leaders are still at camp or away...so I cannot get them moving at one time. Frustrating!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Hello,
Well young daughter heard something outside rattle a few minutes ago, and she looked out and called the dog inside. I guess he found his way home. He smelled like he had been in the creek. Pretty Nasty! So he immediately got a bath and so did daughter and I! He is chowing on some food now. I just am a little worried as I don't know what all he got into out there. Probably garbage.

Julee- Your dinner sounds great! I like trying new things. Orange cauliflower, I never would have though of smashing it like that. I will try it!

Texarkgal & dgramie-thanks for wishes of finding dog! And one of these days I will sleep. It is just weird as I go all day and not tired. I know my body needs it and I am going to try some things.

Thats about it for now. Thanks again, Penny
Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brandnewme: So sorry that you had a fall. I'm glad that you are okay pretty much. Sorry the arm is so hurt. Stay as still as you can hun.

Catherine: I am so proud of you going to the mall. I remember the days when I couldn't go to the mall simply because of fear of the outside world. I love to go now. It would be nicer if I had money to spend there. lol. I do enjoy looking at all the things and dreaming, window shopping. The gifts that you bought your mom seem perfect to me. I have an 86 year old Uncle that is also my Godfather and I almost always buy him food. lol. He loves sweets so that is an easy one. I recently saw a beautiful walking stick at Sportman's wearhouse with an Elk or Moose carved into the top part. I think that may be a great Christmas gift for him. He has 50 acres and walks around it almost daily so he can take his stick with him for support hopefully.

Bernice: I hope the dentist isn't too painful and you finally get some releif from your pain. Sorry that you have to go back to school tonight for Open house after getting a tooth pulled. Hugs.

Rat: I'm a bit worried about you my dear. Please let us know what the Dr. says. Could it be your sinus or maybe allergies? I hope it is nothing serious. HUgs and good luck.

Rain: Great job staying op. Yes for day two!

Penny: I understand that you want to hear your kids when they are sleeping. I don't have kids so I don't have to worry about that. Maybe take 1/2 the doseage. Glad that your little dog came home.

Johnnie: Woo hoo. Excellent NSV. I love it. I bet you felt great! Sounds like you had a great time with the kids.

Julee: Yum. The cauliflower that you made for dinner sounds yummy. I have never seen the colored ones. It would be fun for a veggie tray. I will have to keep my eyes open for it.

Well, DH is home sleeping right now. I was so happy to see him walk in the door. My poor dogs were so confused. lol. My male dog waited in the living room until about 3 a.m. before finally giving up and coming to his bed. The female stayed out there until about 2. It wakes me up when they walk on the hard wood floors with their toes tapping. lol. I did pretty well sleeping although I woke up quite a bit I was able to go back to sleep each time. Until DH actually climbed into bed around 8 a.m. I have a job interview today at 10:30 so I needed to get up and get ready. Poo. I would have liked to snuggle a bit. He says he is going to do everything he can to make this only a month long activity. I hope they let him off. He got a call today from another company right here in town that he is going to go see today. He likes his job but, if they are going to throw him to those hours and not letting him come back to days then heck with them. He makes excellent money for Idaho. It is very low wages here. He actually works in Washington though. The Idaho panhandle is only 60 miles across. So, we live about 7 miles from Washington and around 53 miles from Montana.

Well, It will be a better day today for all of us. I just feel it. lol. TOM is still not here yet but I weighed today and I am down a few since last Friday. That is always good. I am a daily weigher though so who knows what will happen by Friday. lol. Tonight is my Group Therapy and I am looking forward to it.

If I don't get back on until later, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Oh, one more thing. I love, love, love the olympics and the Relay Race that the American's Won was so awesome. We watched it yesterday from TIVO and we were yelling and cheering. It was great.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #39  

Greetings all!

I had a double cat scan today.. one by my hungry kitty and the other by a monsterous machine. I think the fat Ratkity made more noise trying to wake me up this morning!

News on the dizziness.. nothing ABnormal was found in da head scans (no word on the type of cartoons inside my brain). Very good news. So.. the doc thinks it's because I haven't been wearing my cpap mask to sleep at night for the past 6 months. I hate that thing!! I talked to him about surgery and if that was successful. He said while I was exploring this option, to start wearing the stooopid mask again and maybe the dizziness will go away. Pffft. Meanwhile, he upped the Anivert meds. My excuse for not wearing my mask and using the machine was that the machine was making squeeking noises. He promptly wrote me a new prescription for one. There goes THAT excuse lol.

Annie, I absolutely LOVE the Olympics and remember watching Marc Spitz win all those golds years ago. My mom and I talk on the phone and watch them at the same time. Good thing I have free long distance.. hehe.

Ugh, TOM is trying to sneak up on me today. Dang him, he's a day early! *tries to do battle with some wilted veggies*

Hugs and Luv to all,
RK
Old 08-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Ladies,
I've just sorta been lurking. Not much to report here. Just struggling with the same 5lbs back and forth. You would think I would get offa my butt and get going but just don't have the uumph to do it right now, so still maintaining mode.
I got an order for beads so I have to get busy making those and I'm still working on my banks and just got the princess done, which turned out really cute. Each one gets better and better.

Ratkity, hope it's just the cpap machine that's missing and once you start using it again, you'll not be so dizzy. Aren't those things noisy when you're trying to sleep? I've never been around one so I was just wondering how it is while trying to sleep.

Annie, so glad that hubby is home and safe. It really sucks that they changed his hours like that. I know from experience how lonely it is while hubby is away at night. I deal with it nightly. Just hang in there and hopefully he will find something better on days or where he works now will switch him back. In the meantime, here's a , I feel for ya

Penny, I'm so glad your doggie came home. Must be a smart lil pup to know where he lives when there are so many tempting things to check out in town.

Julee, the cauliflower sounds yummy. I didn't know it came in colors. That's like the carrot seeds we got this year. They've come up in orange, white, and purple.

Johnnie, that's a great NSV that the company saw the weight loss. Makes it so much better to have it validated by others. Gives you that extra push to keep going, doesn't it?

I'm gonna go play some Roller Coaster Tycoon, (I'm addicted to it) and then get some work done on beads and banks.
Toodles
Debbie
Old 08-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #41  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Debbie54, You are crafty? Do you have a flickr account so we can see your stuff? I have all my stuff on my flickr account. If you want to see what I make I will put the link up.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps - no way I can begin to catch up. We've had a few virus issues on desktop so I've been trying to work on that as it holds most of our financial data. Keep your fingers crossed.

WI today was a 1.5 pound release. As a daily weigher I had been up while eating 300-500 cal/day. How crazy am I anyway - please don't answer that.

Johnnie - how cool that they noticed - I agree with them - what a difference! I also agree with what Debbie said - validation from others always helps.

Debbie - grab hold and we'll pull you back up on the wagon. If you feel you need to just do maintenance - let us know how we can help.

Penny - rest for your body is critical physically and emotionally - I know last week when I was not sleeping I was pretty hateful to be around - with your work stress added in can't be a good situation.

Debi - are you still sore from your fall? Sounds like something I would do.

Rat - hope you feel better soon - no dizziness I hope. Not good for Rat to not be 100%. I had to chuckle when you mentioned Mark Spitz - we had the same conversation here - can you believe he is 58.

Angie - hey to you! It's so nice to see you posting - how's things?

Annie - I hate it when DH is gone overnight - I don't know how I'd do if he worked nights regularly. I don't sleep well when I'm on the road either - although the pups don't like it my first night home - I suspect they sleep in our bed when I'm gone.

I think thats it for me tonight - need to go log on TDP.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 08-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Toni, I would love to see your stuff, so if it's allowed here, definitely leave a link.
I've done a little bit of everything. I don't have a flickr account but I think I'll go check it out. Thanks.

Carol, There's not much anyone can do for me right now except hit me in the head with a huge frying pan!! I don't know why I can't get with it. Am I afraid? Don't I want to get healthier? Am I just lazy? I just don't know. But I'll figure it out. Thanks for your concerns though.

bye
Debbie
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
Toni, I would love to see your stuff, so if it's allowed here, definitely leave a link.
I've done a little bit of everything. I don't have a flickr account but I think I'll go check it out. Thanks.

Carol, There's not much anyone can do for me right now except hit me in the head with a huge frying pan!! I don't know why I can't get with it. Am I afraid? Don't I want to get healthier? Am I just lazy? I just don't know. But I'll figure it out. Thanks for your concerns though.

bye
Debbie
Sorry for butting in! I am new here but boy I feel the same way. The last 2 days I have done very well. But my mind is constantly on food. I want a Coke all the time and DIE for CHOCOLATE! LOL
Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #45  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

Quick question for any/all who may know the answer:

I recently bought a Gazelle and have been using it for 30 min/day. I checked the user guide and it said for someone my age (25) my heart rate should be around 90-something (I forgot the exact #) but mine only gets to 72-75. Yet I feel like I'm gettnig a good workout; out of breath, sweaty, burning muscles, etc. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can my heart rate actually be slower than it should be because of my up-until-now sedentary lifestyle???
Closed Thread