Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #121  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Zelma & DMPLS...I have a Masters Degree in Special Education but I have not been a classroom teacher since 1999. The dysfunctional district was too much for me and I changed careers. I taught in self-contained classrooms, where all of the students had special needs and also taught a special class for mainstreamed students who needed the extra academic support to stay mainstreamed. I also was a co-teacher for an Algebra I class with a regular math teacher. The class was 50% mainstreamed students and 50% typical but we didn't differentiate between the two. I loved those classes. My self-contained classes were dumping grounds in a lot of ways. I got the students that nobody anted tod eal with. They were often placed in classes I taught even if they didn't make sense for the kid to be in the class. I also very often was expected to teach multiple subjects in one classroom at a given time. Go figure. The summer I taught summer school I had kids working on 12 different courses. Sigh.

Luan..I will PM you after I post this. Thank you for the compliment...nobody has ever told me that I sound like a fairy godmother before. I really enjoyed meeting you and wish we could have hung out for longer.

We went to breakfast today with friends and I allowed myself a compromise. I got an eggwhite omelette with cheese, turkey sausage and mushrooms and instead of a bread and potatoes I had a half of a plain waffle. Last night I splurged a little at dinner. I decided I wanted soup and a salad...both of which were great...but I treated myself to a Berry Mojito. I am a sucker for fresh mint. It was well worth the points

It was so lovely and cooler this morning and now it's hot again and I am all sweaty....YUCK!

Enjoy your Sundays....whatever they may bring
Old 08-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi guys,

Just thought I would stop by and say hello. I think the funk was being fed by my headache. No headache today, so I am pretty much just tired. Ate ok this weekend, but didn't get exercise in. Felt like I needed a break. I will try to get some in this week though.

I hope you are doing well. Sorry about the meltdown the other day.

Angie
Old 08-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #123  

Height: 5'7"

Everyone want a good laugh...I was picking the garden and saw a huge zuc in the back of the garen..I was on the patio right beside it up about 12 inches above the ground.I leaned over into the garden put my foot down into the garden and it rolled on a toy football. Needless to say I ended up upside down in the garden. LOL I think I am going to be a little sore from it. My foot is really sore that I turned in the process.LOL I bet I was a sight...
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #124  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Julee-the classroom I'm in is self-contained....we work closely with an MMD classroom so our kids go to MMD room for some subjects as do some of the MMD students come to our room for some subjects.....some of our students go to out classes......mostly elective classes....gym, art, family consumer science etc....I have worked with one student who went out to english & math....we adapted his work to his level....but he worked within regular class standards.........Most of our students this year are on the low end of the spectrum.......using pictures and sight words.......none of ours use phonics for reading.....it is all memorized sight words. I enjoy the challange to find the learning styles of individual students and to watch them grow from where they started when they joined our room. We have them for 3 years and I have witnessed growth in some of our students beyond what would of ever been expected! The hardest part is to get past their individual behaviors and reach them academically!

As for my plan........Dh & I both have fallen short of our desired goals in the past few weeks, we are reevaluating our commitments to our plans. Things have been tight financially the past few weeks thus my grocery shopping has been struggling in the healthy choice catagory.....this next week I should be able to get us back on plan grocery wise......I just hope that we both can get back into the swing of things exercise wise....
Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #125  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Julee - i worked for disney. im an authority . i wish we could have hung out longer too. we definately will soon!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!

Time to start up a new chat!!! Look for the next installment!
Closed Thread