Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

Wow, July has hit with a vengence this weekend. Yesterday, was the most miserable humidity day of the year. The grass was just begging for rain. Yes, after all the whining about so much rain for several months, we're now begging. At least we finally got two storms that rolled through in the late evening. Sure, we did because I had watered the backyard for about two hours.

I made it through the two interviews on Friday. It wasn't nearly as traumatic once I understood the purpose. It was gruelling because it was question after question about tell me about a time and give a specific example. I get all that but when you're a person who has trouble remembering what went on two days earlier....trying to remember specific example was a challenge. My interview with the COO for Monday was cancelled. Rather mysteriously because I do believe that one was set up because of my dropping the bomb about my review and feedback. Whatever, I only have one interview left on next Thursday. I feel a trememdous amount of stress off my shoulders. Not that I believe its all in the bag, but I no longer feel that uncertainty of what my old boss has done to me. Losing that need to emotional eat is a good thing.

Lilion - Great job for being down at the scale. A thought - do you have trouble with water retention during the summer? With all the humidity we have, that might be hendering your efforts. Hope you're having a great time in St. Louie this weekend.

I better go as we're off to church this morning. I need to do some repentence for the bad words I was yelling at Wile this morning as he was running free and running just out of my reach. What makes me so mad is when they do that on purpose and are obvious about it.

to all!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #17  

Smile

Hi chicks, I guess you thought I got lost, nope.

a storm blew through here Monday and took out trees, power lines, cable and also blew some of our appliances. Being without power in this heat is awful! I could stand not having the other things, but I was begging for air conditioning! What a wimp I am. The worst of it missed us by half a block. It went right by the church which is almost across the street from us. Scarey! Some said it was a tornado. I don't know, it could have been. We were lucky, some weren't.

Terri, I had to laugh about the rain after you had watered. That happens to my DH a lot. He will stand out there for over an hour with the hose on his garden and then it rains later. I hope everything goes well with the job interview. They must know what a gem they have, why wouldn't they hire you?

I guess Lilion is off enjoying vacation. Sob! Ours is still on hold.

Well, it is Sunday and I need to get moving. Have a good one everyone. Ruth
Old 07-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #18  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies

Well the latest effort to stay OP has gone the way of all the others. Now, I've got to drag myself out of this eat everything you see slump and get my act back together again.

I think my vacuum ate a paper towel so it's gotta go to the shop. Pity my rugs until it's fixed. two Pointers, one with a skin problem that makes her lose clumps of short, stiff, hair every day make for rugs that need to be done every day or two. I'm saving for a Dyson "Animal". All of my doggy friends swear by them.

Terri: I've kept you in my thoughts re: your interviews. Hopefully it'll be over soon and you'll have that new, "old" job back! My boss is an A.H. too. Hopefully it'll wash out so you have a better person to report to.

Ruth: We've been lucky here. We're getting the rain, and the awful humidity but the worst of the storms are going south and north of us.

Elmay: I'll keep your mom in my prayers.

Off to spend my Sunday doing Laundry.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm 40 and I'm back.

Hi All,

I don't know if anybody here knows or remembers me from the main thread, the one where the youngsters go lol, but I've turned 40, I've gained 56 lbs back of the 112 I had lost in 2006 and I'm here again for the friendship and support I need to help me get back on track and stay on it. I figure that as this thread is a lot smaller than the main one I'll manage more to keep up with everybody, the other thread can be overwhelming especially if like me you like to comment on what everybody has said lol.

So I'm back and I'm recommitting myself to my weight loss. 'See you' all tomorrow,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ammi.

Welcome to the thread.

They say your 40's can be the best years of your life. Mine were pretty good! Everyone here is great and we'll all do what we can to get you back into a losing mindset.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40".
Closed Thread