Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Julia-I think I need the cattle prod out today for them to finish, they aren't in the mood! HA! HA! Small skirt, Yeah!

Catherine-I'm jealous of all the sewing you do! It sounds like you will have to post some pics!

Debbie-All I can crochet is a granny square and that has been a long time ago! Glad you can do that. I usually start quilts in the spring so I have something to hand quilt when it get colder here too. It is nice to have that to cover with when working on it.

Annie- good for you bike riding! I went out this morning and did 4 miles. It started to get hot so I them came inside and was on the tread mill for 30 minutes. Gotta keep moving or I will fall asleep today I think.

Carol- How is the seminar going?

dgramie-I know it is just gas, but I feel like I have to justify everything! I am working less hours again so I think that plays into the cost. But I am going to go today.

ratkitten-I am good at procrastinating sometimes too!

Well, young daughter says she is "starving" so I better fix her some lunch! I will yak later. Penny
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #32  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Sending cool vibes to those suffering with heat! I cant stand it being too hot! Give me cold and snow anyday!

Im feeling so rough today, Im really coming down with a bad flu. My husband was able to come home early and take care of the baby for a bit so I managed to get some extra rest which was good.

On the good side it has meant me wearing pj's all day. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and I could really see that the small amount of weight Ive lost so far has come off my extra tyre above the waist and my tummy which is really pleasing. Ive got 9 weigh-ins before our little holiday, and Im currently about 24 lbs off pre-baby weight. Its also hit me today that I could be really close to that, if not that weight for our trip. Ive got lovely clothes waiting for me!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #33  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Debbie-my yoyos are ensconsced in an old laptop bag, each in their own custom round slot in a piece of hard foam. I've got one on order right now that is a new design from a man who used to be an aerospace engineer. Can't wait for it to get here.

Annie-So you're stretching out the shoulders on swim suits now. Promise me that you're not going to break out in green skin.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #34  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Since I'm here and have a little free time I'll see what I've missed this morning. I moved around my rest days, so now Tuesday and Saturday are my free days during the week. This was mainly so I could have steak and corn on Sundays. I add 250cals on my exercise days so it means on Sunday I'm only eating a third of my calories at dinner instead of closer to forty percent.

I'm now searching for breakfast foods other than eggs. I'm getting a little tired of them but I still need to keep the protein levels up. My personal preference if left to my own devices would be bread, jam, and fruit. Yep, not much protein there. So this morning I reworked my mother's scones that she normally has with jam. I swapped out the white flour for a combo of whole wheat & wheat gluten. It already has oats but I replaced most of the fat with applesauce. They actually turned out pretty good. I had two for my midmorning snack (with cheese) and at 201cals are pretty substantial. My breakfasts vary but since they're usually well over 350cals I think these are quite doable.

We're kind of having a general breakfast 'competition' on the fitness board I log my workouts on. I'm not sure how I got roped into it because I'm not a baker. It came out of a conversation how I like lightening up my favourite foods. Suddenly we're working on breakfast baking... and I think I'm supposed to come up with a high protein muffin. I'm not quite sure how that happened. However, since I'm getting sick of eggs, and I'll be starting school in the fall it's probably not a bad thing to be working on. Since I hate eating really early I wouldn't mind having something portable I could eat quickly before class (even if it's in my car in the parking lot). Can you tell I'm not a morning person?

M'Chelle - that's the one thing I don't really pay attention to - salt. I do know that the extra water should help though. Diet products often contain lots of additives to make us forget that they're diet. I remember looking at low-cal ice cream bars one night: sugar, caramel color, dextrose, palm oil, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup - well, the list goes on. And I edited out some of the ingredients. I'm not sure that sugar and high fructose corn syrup should really be in diet products, but that's just me. I put down the 140cal bars and bought the 200cal ones with less ingredients. Anyway, good luck on your weigh-in next week.

Bernice - I know more than 10 years ago I had a piece of alligator in Louisiana, but like yours, I think it was fried so it just tasted fried. That's probably a good thing though.

Debi - glad you're getting some relief. I plan to try the clothes on about mid-Aug so I'll know what I have to start school with. And if I need to I can take some of the tops in a bit.

Annie - thanks for the good wishes. I posted last week's vet attempt. I can laugh at it but I know I hate taking them. The two little angels are sleeping on the bar (they followed me down for my morning snack and decided to stay). I thought of trying to get them now but don't want to leave them in the cage for more than an hour. I know they will come upstairs for lunch meat, they always do. Wow, I'm impressed with the amount of riding you are doing. Sounds like Biker Chick might have a sister.

Debbie - it's not bad out today. We're starting to get lots of little ripe tomatoes. My zucchini is not so hot though. I'll give them a week and then I'm going to try hand pollinating them. I think maybe I'm just being impatient though. Usually I'm not around so much (ie. not looking at them daily). This is how we usually get monster zucchini!

Catherine - I don't know the material it was made of but I had a jacket that I bought for our freighter trip. It was light nylon on the outside with a fairly light cloth lining on the inside. I bought it big so I could wear a vest underneath it. It was a perfect solution. It kept rain/snow out and with the vest it was very warm. I put it on yesterday and it's way too big (it was big on purpose at 330lbs). I'm really thinking I'd like to try taking it in but I'm not sure I'm good enough at that. My mother has a friend who does alterations so I might see if she's up to it. If not I might as well try it anyway, since I can't wear it as is.

Penny - I always thought I could win a contest when it comes to procrastination. Of course that would mean I'd have to show up.

Sara - that's great that you're seeing changes. I'm horrible at admitting to them myself. I still see the person I was (which is a shock because I feel so much better) instead of who I am. I hope as I continue to lose weight I'll get better at seeing the changes. I hope it's only a short flu bug (fingers crossed).

Well, I should go upstairs so the cats aren't sleeping still at lunch time. Oh, I really don't want to go to the vets...
Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #35  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Well, I know that Shadow knew something was up. It certainly wasn't smooth - but they are both in their crates. And I don't have any new scratches to show for it!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #36  

Hey, Well older daughter went to dentist to get her teeth cleaned and hubby upstairs working, younger daughter at the library. She should be home soon as she wants to go swim. We will be heading to town shortly. I have a few other things to do while there. Still waiting for hubby to get the gym together, maybe today. I at least have bike and treadmill. Time to get his magazines cleaned out of corner. It thought maybe I would not have to be the one to do it. So since I am, who knows how many will be left! HA! HA! Dog is doing well and learning not to run out the door ever time it opens! He now is into jumping on the door when one of the girls go out! (That's why the blind looks bad behind my avatar) (now you will all look, right) Well, it just got worse today. Any ideas on what to do so he doesn't get so excited about going out? Hubby says eventually we will be able to leave him and not have to put him into the crate when we run to town. I am not too sure. Even though I know the cat can take care of himself he likes to chew on things when he gets bored. He gets alot of exercise which someone suggested he needed. But, if he sees a stuffed animal, he wants to chew on it. All you dog people have any ideas for me to try? Young daughter is worried he will go into her bedroom and chew up her Build a Bear cat & giraffe, so we have to block rooms off. Right now it works as the cat needs his space too. Thanks, Penny
Old 07-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie: Don't work too hard.

Catherine: I guess I didn't explain it well. The swim suit was already stretched out when I got it. lol. So, I attempted to make it smaller. I'm trying anything to not have to buy one for a while. So I sewed the shoulders smaller but not small enough. Your jackets sound nice. I can't wait to see pics.

Anne: I loved your first attempt at taking the kitties to the vet. Sorry you got scratched though. Glad you got them in the crate this time without much incident.

Penny: Great job with all the exercise. Unless you catch your dog in the "Act" of being distructive I don't have any suggestions. Sorry.

Sara: Feel better very soon.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #38  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-I thought you were just bragging about how big your muscle bound shoulders were becoming, what with all the wrestling going on.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps - it's over - thank goodness. I'm beat but wanted to check in - the scale was down 1.75 pounds this week. Now need to do a weeks worth of work tomorrow since I'm off Thursday.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #40  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

hi everyone
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #41  

Carol-way to go on the 1.75 lbs!!!!! Glad you are getting a day off. Relax and enjoy it!
Lauren-Hi

Well I did not do good on water today. We ran out this morning and I did not make it to town to get some until this evening. So I will have to make up for it tomorrow. Young daughter and I went to the Y and swam for an hour and played basketball for an hour. She is getting very good!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:03 AM   #42  
Forget failed attempts...

S/C/G: 314/308/140

Default Hi everyone

I've been lurking around trying to decide on a thread to post regularly...I don't know if I can kleep up with more than one with my busy schedule. Anyway, the people here seem to have gotten to know one another and you all seem really great and supportive, so I thought I'd introduce myself!

I just made the decision a couple days ago to get healthy...I want to look better, but I also want to FEEL better. I'm only 25, but I feel much older because of all this extra weight I'm carrying around. I've been overweight almost as long as I can remember, and it makes me uncomfortble in almost every situation. I'm tired of being lazy all the time! I just joined WW but haven't attended my first meeting yet (that will be Thursday afternoon), and don't own a scale (yet) so don't even know how much I weigh. The last time I weighed myself, the dial on the scale passed the '0' (older analog scale) and I got so freaked out at that...I just hopped off and didn't go back. That's been 2 months ago. I'm guessing my weight is right around the 300 mark, but I will find out shortly.

Anyway, I'm nervous but really excited about this new phase of my life. And I'm getting married Oct. 3, 2009, so I'm pretty psyched about getting thinner and going dress shopping! I just want to be able to pull out my wedding pics over and over and actually enjoy them, instead of cringing when I see how fat I am.

I look forward to getting to know you all...I'm so glad I found this site!

I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps

Welcome Monica - keep posting. This is a great place for whatever support you need. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Lauren!

Heading off to work - will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow while I'm off.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning,
rosebud_ HI..hugs glad to have you back with us!! How are you and zach(?)? What have you been up to?? I have thought of you often and wondered how life was going for you.

Monica_ glad to have you. I post on a few different spots on the site but this is my reg and the one I find most helpful. I think when you have alot of weight to lose you need the support of people who are doing the same thing and the ones who have successed at it! I know reading the success stories keep me motivated! congats on being engaged. YOu can talk about anything here..this group is full of wonderful advice on every subject.:O)

penny_ good job on the Y. Thats awesome that your daughter is getting good at basketball. My girls were volleyball players, and the oldest was a cheerleader in little league and middle school and then again in college.this year she is helping coach the cheerleaders in college.

catherine_ I want to see your yo yo case ..sound like fun..im dangerous with a yo yo.LOL

anne_ glad you came out scratch free this time!!

carol_ hugs

dmpls_ how are the kankles??? hopefully they are back to ankles today.

not alot going on today yet..got more corn to put away today.I ended up freezing 52 ears yesterday and another 30 showed up on my porch over night.I think a guy who has a crush on my youngest dropped it off. He is a farm boy.Im not complaining they can drop it off anytime!! I love sweet corn.
debi
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #45  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Monica!!!!

Hi Lauren!!!

Debi-HEY I crochet too!! I want the pattern!!! Please??? LOL

well my kankles are pretty much back to normal!!!! yeah!!!

But even better news.................you all know I had gained weight.....well it was up to 9lbs (some of which was water retention I know) but I weighed myself yesterday and I went from 282 back down to 274!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

This week youngest DD & I are taking turns each day choosing a workout DVD to do together....we will see how that goes! LOL since I haven't felt like working out!

ttyl
Closed Thread